1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Viatos

Viatos Prince

The design purpose of lumbermills is presumably that it takes a long time to tech to them and then set them up, and it bars you from using chopping to accelerate key wonders or units. That's a penalty because it means you have to curtail the growth of your early cities, and new cities take longer to get up and running. Also, I'm pretty sure having your forests burned will wreck your lumbermills, and it's way easier to spread flames during a siege engagement than it is to run around pillaging everything manually.

2. fdrpi

fdrpi Prince

Re: diplo music choices, the Sidar having the Bannor's old theme (Love Dance) feels really off. It doesn't match at all.

Same goes for the Malakim's aggressive new theme.

3. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

yeah i need to review those, a few mistakes have been made when linking the themes apparently ^^

4. fdrpi

fdrpi Prince

When I'm playing against the Sidar, they seem to have a 5 perception requirement to enter their cities. As a result, I cannot attack them. There is no in-game documentation of this ability. Is this a bug, or what is the feature supposed to be, and how do you counter it and/or gain sufficient perception?

5. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

The Civilopedia entry for "Mist" under "Terrain Features" says that it can be removed with the "Gust of Wind" spell, which is an Air I spell.

6. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

several visibility promotions also give perception, though i'd like to see if can't unify those two a bit more.

7. osbitt

osbitt Chieftain

Hello!
    I have some idea for elohim if you'll like it.
    What if their monks could have ability to meditate at world wonders to get some powers? Different for every place

8. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I don't think there's an explanation or description of "Perception" anywhere in the Civilopedia. Even the entry for "Mist" doesn't say "requires X Perception to enter."

But yeah, the Sentry and Sentry II promotions grant Perception, as do the Shade and Greater Shade promotions. Don't remember offhand if there are others.

9. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

I had a recent serie of failures with AoE.
    - I played a nice game last week where a Lich spawned on a death mana node on the 2 tiles from my capital and summoned 2 skellies/turn duration 2 turns.. It went well until the lich earned enough xp to get cannibalize : he became unkillable by stacks of warriors: Barbarian Lichs earn free xp too quickly; without having won any combat ; even the skellies didn't kill much warriors) (and I could save/reload at that time)
    - a week later, (this weekend) the game loads at first, but thereafter it refused to load back : direct CTD (I tried to reload to the initial save-game after 2 turns because it took 2 turns to remember why I sent those units out there and what they should do next (like you were playing/fleeing from a barb, the quit, load back, and forgot that your unit was supposed to be fleeing from the now unseen barb).
    - so I updated the svn (removed all assets but the fpk's) it refuses to load : I take it easy as "broken savegame" often appear when updating svn. Thus I started a new game, and played about 80 turns, went to sleep, came back 2 days later (yesterday) : impossible to load any file, the official save, the quick save, the automated saves.
    - I update the svn : nothing is downloaded.
    - I remove all files but the fpk's ... update the svn : everything is broken : no Rife Launcher and no maps.
    - I remove all new files, get back the previously deleted files, remove everything but fpk and rifelauncher (but not fpk's)... update the svn : Rife Launcher starts : seems ok.... no maps ??? wtf : the svn update did not download the maps ?
    - I go back to the forum see that the svn version needs to have nothing in the folder : I remove everything and launch svn update : files are updated.... game start but CTD on map creation : I note that there is only 1 fpk file instead of 2 in the previous folder

- I reinstall AoE 14.4 (or 1.44.. ?) over the already present files and launch an svn update : no files are downloaded ??? o.O some should have been downloaded as the version are clearly different ! (still game launch but ctd on map creation) (that last move was borderline stupid and shouldn't have given a working game... but the issue is that nothing was updated.

so now I have no working version of RifE /AoE.
    and I checked that the save/load issue was only AoE related : after failing to get a working game, I started and played a MoM game and save/load worked.

so 2 issues:
    -loading stopped brutally to work (issue with loading from a save that worked at least once)
    -maybe a issue with saving games (issue with loading from a save that was never confirmed as working at least once)
    -Svn update didn't update everything (missing map folder / missing fpk...etc)

any tips ?

regards

10. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

the lich thing is intended ( apart from the fact that it's 2 tiles from your starting point, the 3 tile surrounding area should be cleared at game start)

for the rest, can you upload a save file so that i can look at it ?
    for the svn update, i know there was some server issues last week, maybe that caused some of your issues. In any case, it's better not to try installing the 14.4 over the svn version, they're not exactly organized in the same way.
    At this point, i suggest deleting everything AoE related and doing a fresh checkout. (or try and download it directly from sourceforge, you won't have the ability to update though :
    https://sourceforge.net/code-snapshots/svn/a/as/ashesoferebus/code/ashesoferebus-code-296.zip

if you go with the direct download road, i'm curious to see if you see any improvement with stability, i'm half suspecting that svn is causing some of the issues people are getting somehow.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  11. Dr Bogenbroom

Dr Bogenbroom Chieftain

I don't know if anyone has recently tried to play multiplayer on a LAN connection, but the game desyncs when a human player meets an AI civilization.

12. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

can you get me the save for that ?

13. Dr Bogenbroom

Dr Bogenbroom Chieftain

Here's two separate games--In both of them the game desynced immediately upon either of the two human players making contact with an AI--In one of them we met each other and no desync occured. Using SVN version 296

Also, I turned on the Python Exception log, and it shows a number of exceptions when there is no UI along with strange events firing immediately--Would posting some images of this help at all?

Attached Files:

14. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

yeah i'll take that too. Thanks

15. Jerrian

Jerrian Chieftain

Hi, I caught a griffon and gave it a potion for invisibility for save scouting, now it looks like that. If savegame is needed for fix please let me know.
    regards

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  16. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

i cannot see the attachment

17. Jerrian

Jerrian Chieftain

Hmm having problems with uploading something, hopefuly it works now.

edit: Weird, give me a second.

upload_2017-7-9_21-49-41.png

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  18. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

not really.

19. Jerrian

Jerrian Chieftain

Ok, got it now. It ´s the only problem with Display of units for me so far. Restarting and reloading did not help.

20. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

how interesting. You stumbled upon a very very old bug. It happens that all summons have an illusion version that uses a different model. it also happens that adding the promotion Hidden to a unit applies the illusion version for those who have it. Someone a long time ago moved the artfiles for the griffon but forgot to change the code linking the illusion one (because it's so rarely used).

Anyway, it'll be fixed in next commit (which is a week or two away most likely). If you wanna fix it yourself, go in Assets/XML/art/CIV4ARTDefines_Unit.xml, look for the ART_DEF_UNIT_GRIFFON_ILLUSION entry and change Art/Units/Summons/Griffon/Illusion/griffon.nif to Art/Units/Griffon/Illusion/griffon.nif

Edit : no idea whether that works on save files or not, though i'm tempted to say yes