Final Fixes Reborn

Kind of a minor thing, but I've begun to wonder whether, besides Golems, certain other units should be unable to gain XP. Specifically, Skeletons, Diseased Corpses, and Pyre Zombies. (Yes, the question comes to mind when I play as the Sheaim and adopt AV.)

They're not supposed to be sentient, right? So they shouldn't have the capacity to learn. Skeletons are presumably just animated by the Arcane units that summoned them. And probably some similar magical animation for Diseased Corpses and Pyre Zombies, I would think. (Undead units like Spectres and Wraiths are presumably smart enough to learn and gain XP, but they're usually not around long enough for it to matter.)

Maybe give them a new promotion, something like "Non-Sentient," that blocks XP gain, similar to the Golem promotion?

On the other hand, tt might be unbalancing to nerf Diseased Corpses and Pyre Zombies like this, I don't know. It's just that conceptually it doesn't seem to make sense for those kinds of units to gain XP, I think.

Funny, I was thinking almost the opposite, that it's more obvious for skeletons and diseased corpses. A skeleton is just a bag of bones without a brain (or any internal organs, for that matter, but what matters here is the brain), so is operating solely under the direction of its summoner. And a Diseased Corpse is a corpse, ie, dead, presumably without a functioning brain, also moving at the direction of whoever revived it.

Zombies on the other hand, at least as they seem to be depicted in movies, seem able to move of their own accord, but again, I don't think they're meant to be sentient.

Maybe I'm being influenced by my long-ago experience playing AD&D, where, as I recall, there was some distinction between lower-level unintelligent or semi-intelligent undead like skeletons, zombies, and mummies, on the on hand, and higher-level intelligent undead like ghouls, spectres, wraiths, etc, on the other hand.

i'm hoping to get one done by the end of the month

That are good news :) , I will consider which civ to play, I´m mostly fallen for the civs with good scouting units as their ability to catch animals is superior and the pure melee units have no real advantages to be built instead. Maybe I will give the Sheaim another try, they are always fun to play.

I´m giving the elohim another chance at the moment and playing with Order religion. I conquered a city with Tower of eyes and did not get the special keeper Bonus of it, built a road and took another city next to it with dragonbones and got the bonus, moght be a bug?
Another thing I noticed, suddenly some buildings disapeared from my capital city, some animal cages, and even some of my luanator towers so I´m not able to rebuild it or continue building the final tower as I´m missing parts. Any ideas if that ´s a bug or a world spell of another civ maybe? I got message from hyborem about destruction as the hell counter got to 10+ might this be the issue? Never noticed you lose buildings when hyborem appears? hmm...anyway it ruined my good elohim run, as I lost my luanator goal.

Edit: It seems even if I lost some of the luanator towers I´m still be able to build the last one though, puh. :-D

Last edited:
I´m giving the elohim another chance at the moment and playing with Order religion. I conquered a city with Tower of eyes and did not get the special keeper Bonus of it, built a road and took another city next to it with dragonbones and got the bonus, moght be a bug?
Another thing I noticed, suddenly some buildings disapeared from my capital city, some animal cages, and even some of my luanator towers so I´m not able to rebuild it or continue building the final tower as I´m missing parts. Any ideas if that ´s a bug or a world spell of another civ maybe? I got message from hyborem about destruction as the hell counter got to 10+ might this be the issue? Never noticed you lose buildings when hyborem appears? hmm...anyway it ruined my good elohim run, as I lost my luanator goal.

Edit: It seems even if I lost some of the luanator towers I´m still be able to build the last one though, puh. :-D

Ok, one Luanator tower is missing because it got destroyed somehow and I still can ´t figure out what destroyed a bunch of my buildings. Also it ´s annoying that I can ´t rebuild that tower with a prophet, so I can´t win this way anymore *sigh*. If someone knows which event destroys couple of buildings please let me know.

i think there's an earthquake event that can do that, but national and world wonders should be excluded from it. I haven't seen that kind of things happen before

so it might be a bug maybe? Python issue? I dunno which turn it happened so I can ´t resume the reason, I just can say many luanator towers were gone, some cages of the great menagerie wonder (I rebuilt them) and the palace was destroyed and I think some other buildings like market place and the bibliothek. The only event I remember was the armageddon counter raised to 10 and I got the message of Hyborem, but afaik it doesn´t occur destroyed buildings? I will take a look if it happens in my next game again, if this is an event, I dislike it as it can destroy your current game :-D.

so it might be a bug maybe? Python issue? I dunno which turn it happened so I can ´t resume the reason, I just can say many luanator towers were gone, some cages of the great menagerie wonder (I rebuilt them) and the palace was destroyed and I think some other buildings like market place and the bibliothek. The only event I remember was the armageddon counter raised to 10 and I got the message of Hyborem, but afaik it doesn´t occur destroyed buildings? I will take a look if it happens in my next game again, if this is an event, I dislike it as it can destroy your current game :-D.

Did Hyborem use his world spell, Hyborem's Whisper, to take one of your cities and then you took it back, or it revolted and rejoined you? That's where it would make sense, since any National Wonders in a city captured by an opponent get destroyed. That's one reason I really hate the Infernal World Spell, but I've complained about that before so I'll leave it at this point.

You can always use World builder to add it back, especially if it seems like a bug.

Did Hyborem use his world spell, Hyborem's Whisper, to take one of your cities and then you took it back, or it revolted and rejoined you? That's where it would make sense, since any National Wonders in a city captured by an opponent get destroyed. That's one reason I really hate the Infernal World Spell, but I've complained about that before so I'll leave it at this point.

No, Hyborem isn ´t in the game yet, he just yelled out his message as the armageddon counter reached 10 and I was thinking maybe this caused the destruction of some buildings. But as Black Imperator said it seems to be a bug and I guess it ´s probably a python one.

As longer and bigger the current running game goes, the more unstable it is getting, so it might be a reason for a python bug as these often occur, when the game needs a long time to load a savegame :-(. But thx for your help guys, maybe I´ll take Acrux suggestion and take my earned victory by rebuilding this missing luanator tower even if it feels a bit like cheating ;-).

I've occasionally used World Builder to compensate for a bug. I've had Level 15 units enter the Ring of Carcer but no Brigit, so I've gone into World Builder to give myself Brigit. It's not really cheating, since that's what's supposed to happen if there's no bug.

I've occasionally used World Builder to compensate for a bug. I've had Level 15 units enter the Ring of Carcer but no Brigit, so I've gone into World Builder to give myself Brigit. It's not really cheating, since that's what's supposed to happen if there's no bug.

I had the same as I played with D´tesh, no Brigit as Thanatos entered the lair, so I was considering if it was a bug, or Thanatos had no use and got rid of her /shrug. Anyway there should be a reward somehow.

I had the same as I played with D´tesh, no Brigit as Thanatos entered the lair, so I was considering if it was a bug, or Thanatos had no use and got rid of her /shrug. Anyway there should be a reward somehow.

It's definitely a bug, you're supposed to get Brigit when a Level 15 unit enters the Ring of Carcer, that's the reward. @black_imperator has confirmed that it's a bug and I think it will be fixed when the next SVN revision comes out. Until then, there's Worldbuilder.

it is indeed fixed in the next update (not sure how i broke it in the first place, but well ^^)

Good to know :), do you have a schedule for release of the new version an will you post it here or just in discord? I don ´t wanna miss it :-D.

As for playing, I fixed my current Elohim game with rebuilding the missing luanator towers with worldbuilder and started a new game with Scions. I´m at the very beginning but already have big performance problems, the game is crashing very often at the end of the turn. I tried to delete the cache when this occured but still having problems. I found one bug that caused the crash as a pack of wolves killed a unguarded slave, I deleted the unit before end of turn and problem was fixed. The other crashes might be cause I terraform tiles into haunted lands, but it ´s just a guess. Normally I don ´t have these much crashes in my early games. Anyone having similar problems with the scions? If not I might just consider to start a new game with them.

Good to know :), do you have a schedule for release of the new version an will you post it here or just in discord? I don ´t wanna miss it :-D.

As for playing, I fixed my current Elohim game with rebuilding the missing luanator towers with worldbuilder and started a new game with Scions. I´m at the very beginning but already have big performance problems, the game is crashing very often at the end of the turn. I tried to delete the cache when this occured but still having problems. I found one bug that caused the crash as a pack of wolves killed a unguarded slave, I deleted the unit before end of turn and problem was fixed. The other crashes might be cause I terraform tiles into haunted lands, but it ´s just a guess. Normally I don ´t have these much crashes in my early games. Anyone having similar problems with the scions? If not I might just consider to start a new game with them.

I'm getting closer to release, with my immediate todo list less than 10 item large ( it was 50 last week end ^^). I'm not giving a date yet though, as i already missed a couple for that one ^^
As for the Scions, yeah they have issues in 343, some consequences of my cutting the Creepers and missing a couple of reference to them. Should be fixed for 344

Top Bottom