Final Fixes Reborn

In fairness, the Cvilopedia isn't always complete and hasn't always caught up to the changes and new content. For example, you asked earlier about the spells Ascension and Ascension (Corgayle), whose 'pedia entries are patchy. Still, you can work that out. I looked up Corgayle in the Civilopeda and saw that he upgrades to Corgayle Ascended, who has a separate 'pedia entry. So Ascension (Corgayle) turns Corgayle into Corgayle Ascended. And it's reasonable to infer that the regular Ascension spell does something similar to other Mekaran units that have reached Level 10.

Yeah, the Civilopedia is a bit incomplete here, but you can still work this out. I already answered you on Ascension and Ascension (Corgayle). As for Stir from Slumber, the 'pedia entry says that it gets you Drifa the White Dragon. The entry for Drifa says that it requires White Hand. So Stir from Slumber requires White Hand. Might help if the entry for Stir from Slumber -- as well as the entry for The Deepening, for that matter -- specified that it required White Hand, to make things a bit clearer. I sometimes forget which of the winter rituals require White Hand and which require Illians (or Frozen), because in regular FfH2 the White Hand is an Illians-only religion, and the Illians can't research or adopt other religions, so there's no distinction among the winter rituals. (The Frozen weren't in original FfH2.)

I know you got a partial answer to this, but here goes some more, since this is something the Civilopedia doesn't really explain, I don't think. The Barbarians in this mod are split into different groups -- I think that started back in Fall Further, where they decided that it didn't make sense for all these different Barbarian units to be part of some undifferentiated Barbarian State. So you have the Animal Packs (wild animals, obviously), whose "Leader" is Cernunnos; Demons (including the Mana Guardians if you play with that option), led by Agares; and Savages (Orcs, Giants, Centaurs, Goblins, Cyclops, and "regular" Barbarians), led by Bhall. I don't know if it was programming reasons to give the different Barbarian factions leaders or if it was more aesthetics/ flavor.

So if you see notifications about making (or being at) peace with Bhall, Agares, or Cernunnos, this is what they're referring to.

Only the Savages can occupy and hold a city after capturing it. If the Animal Packs or Demons capture a city it's razed. I think I remember reading that this was a programming matter, that you couldn't have multiple Barbarian factions owning cities, something like that.

Similarly, diplomacy with the Barbarians isn't really doable -- again, something to do with the code. I'm not a programmer, so can't provide details.

I will update the pedias with this info, it's better that it actually shows ^^.

As for the Barbarian questions, a leader is a requirement for any faction in the game, but it was called Barbarian in vanilla. The names that were chosen were purely for flavor ^^.

As far as i know, the barbarian city limitation is mostly an ai one ( barbarian units of any barb would flock to the city whatever barb faction it is owned by). it and other little glitches could be fixed, but it would take some time and not really grant any real gain to the game ( though i'm thinking the demon-captured cities should be ceded to the infernals if in game instead of being razed).

Similarly, Barb diplomacy is only forbidden because it's explicitely coded to be. the ban could be lifted

I will update the pedias with this info, it's better that it actually shows ^^.

As for the Barbarian questions, a leader is a requirement for any faction in the game, but it was called Barbarian in vanilla. The names that were chosen were purely for flavor ^^.

As far as i know, the barbarian city limitation is mostly an ai one ( barbarian units of any barb would flock to the city whatever barb faction it is owned by). it and other little glitches could be fixed, but it would take some time and not really grant any real gain to the game ( though i'm thinking the demon-captured cities should be ceded to the infernals if in game instead of being razed).

Similarly, Barb diplomacy is only forbidden because it's explicitely coded to be. the ban could be lifted

I guess just create a "Barbarians" entry under Fall From Heaven Concepts, probably simplest

Doesn't seem to be any reason to create Leader entries for Agares, Bhall, and Cernunnos, since it's not like they have Traits or anything.

As for Barbarian diplomacy, the only thing that I think would be neat would be if a player could conduct diplomacy with the Barbarians with whom you're at peace. The others you should be permanently at war with.

Yeah, the Civilopedia is a bit incomplete here, but you can still work this out. I already answered you on Ascension and Ascension (Corgayle). As for Stir from Slumber, the 'pedia entry says that it gets you Drifa the White Dragon. The entry for Drifa says that it requires White Hand. So Stir from Slumber requires White Hand. Might help if the entry for Stir from Slumber -- as well as the entry for The Deepening, for that matter -- specified that it required White Hand, to make things a bit clearer. I sometimes forget which of the winter rituals require White Hand and which require Illians (or Frozen), because in regular FfH2 the White Hand is an Illians-only religion, and the Illians can't research or adopt other religions, so there's no distinction among the winter rituals. (The Frozen weren't in original FfH2.)

I know you got a partial answer to this, but here goes some more, since this is something the Civilopedia doesn't really explain, I don't think. The Barbarians in this mod are split into different groups -- I think that started back in Fall Further, where they decided that it didn't make sense for all these different Barbarian units to be part of some undifferentiated Barbarian State. So you have the Animal Packs (wild animals, obviously), whose "Leader" is Cernunnos; Demons (including the Mana Guardians if you play with that option), led by Agares; and Savages (Orcs, Giants, Centaurs, Goblins, Cyclops, and "regular" Barbarians), led by Bhall. I don't know if it was programming reasons to give the different Barbarian factions leaders or if it was more aesthetics/ flavor.

So if you see notifications about making (or being at) peace with Bhall, Agares, or Cernunnos, this is what they're referring to.

Only the Savages can occupy and hold a city after capturing it. If the Animal Packs or Demons capture a city it's razed. I think I remember reading that this was a programming matter, that you couldn't have multiple Barbarian factions owning cities, something like that.

Similarly, diplomacy with the Barbarians isn't really doable -- again, something to do with the code. I'm not a programmer, so can't provide details.
Thanks again - I haven't played any civ games in decades until playing this mod, so I thought all the info you got from non-unit civilopedia entries was what you got in a mouse-over. I didn't realise you could click them for more info,

I know you got a partial answer to this, but here goes some more, since this is something the Civilopedia doesn't really explain, I don't think. The Barbarians in this mod are split into different groups -- I think that started back in Fall Further, where they decided that it didn't make sense for all these different Barbarian units to be part of some undifferentiated Barbarian State. So you have the Animal Packs (wild animals, obviously), whose "Leader" is Cernunnos; Demons (including the Mana Guardians if you play with that option), led by Agares; and Savages (Orcs, Giants, Centaurs, Goblins, Cyclops, and "regular" Barbarians), led by Bhall. I don't know if it was programming reasons to give the different Barbarian factions leaders or if it was more aesthetics/ flavor..
IIRC it was (at least partially) for two reasons :
- so that the different barb factions could war between each others (thus earning some xp)
- so that you could have the Doviellos, at peace with barbs, and the Clan, at peace with Barbs, and Infernals, at peace with barbs... still be at war with some barb faction.
(it didn't make sense that Clan couldn't hunt animals, or that Doviellos be friends to skellies and wraiths :) )

Is there any way to decrease icon size? Seeing as the mod seemingly doesn't use the BUG features, I find the icons unnaturally large and big and its really disturbing to look at once you get a few more options in the far too small interface Oo

Is there any way to decrease icon size? Seeing as the mod seemingly doesn't use the BUG features, I find the icons unnaturally large and big and its really disturbing to look at once you get a few more options in the far too small interface Oo

not easily, though i can adapt the code for it. could you show me a couple of examples of what you mean though ? i don't really see where this issue may show.

not easily, though i can adapt the code for it. could you show me a couple of examples of what you mean though ? i don't really see where this issue may show.
Not easily, I suppose? It's not an issue as a bug per se, more of a personal preferences, I just prefer small icons, and these seem overly big, but then again I've been playing with BUG&BAT mod for so long that I've grown unaccustomed to bigger sizes and try to change them sometimes but cIV doesn't make it that easy.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 77
Another Question, its a Bug I noticed in ORBIS as well: Am I supposed to retain feats gained from the Republic-Civic? I thought those were only applied for a number of turns and then gone?

I guess just create a "Barbarians" entry under Fall From Heaven Concepts, probably simplest

Doesn't seem to be any reason to create Leader entries for Agares, Bhall, and Cernunnos, since it's not like they have Traits or anything.

As for Barbarian diplomacy, the only thing that I think would be neat would be if a player could conduct diplomacy with the Barbarians with whom you're at peace. The others you should be permanently at war with.

Instead of "Barbarians," it might be better to have the ''pedia entry called something like "Barbarian Factions" or "Barbarian Groups," so people understand that there's a difference compared to Barbarians in the regular game.

Apologies, I mean: Am I supposed to retain them BEYOND the next election? Cause all I've done so far is accumulating traits with each and the old ones never go away Oo

That used to happen to me sometimes a while back, but hasn't happened recently. So no, you're not supposed to retain the new Traits, they're supposed to change with each election.

Are you playing with the latest SVN revision? And if so, which modules are active? That'll help @black_imperator track down the problem, I think.

That used to happen to me sometimes a while back, but hasn't happened recently. So no, you're not supposed to retain the new Traits, they're supposed to change with each election.

Are you playing with the latest SVN revision? And if so, which modules are active? That'll help @black_imperator track down the problem, I think.
I'm playing with the latest SVN revision and the following modules:

[adv-workers|BlackDuke|Dural|Dwarves|fortifications|Frozen|Hamstalfar|lizard-art|LoyalCorrupt|mom-buildings|mom-arcane|MoreEvents|PPQ_Effects|PPQ_Flavor|PPQ_NAVY|scion-healthcare|SilverCircle|Werepyre]

If needed, I'd be able to upload a save as well?

Mod won't start for me.

Fresh install of BtS 3.19
Followed "full installation" steps

When I click "Launch AoE" from the launcher, the "Ashes of Erebus Launcher" window flashes on screen for a fraction of a second before disappearing and nothing happens. If I try to load the mod from within BtS, it just loads back into the standard BtS screen again.

Tried turning off all virus protection and controlled folder access. No luck.

(Game is installed to D drive. Does that make a difference? The correct path is set in the launcher)

Mod won't start for me.

Fresh install of BtS 3.19
Followed "full installation" steps

When I click "Launch AoE" from the launcher, the "Ashes of Erebus Launcher" window flashes on screen for a fraction of a second before disappearing and nothing happens. If I try to load the mod from within BtS, it just loads back into the standard BtS screen again.

Tried turning off all virus protection and controlled folder access. No luck.

(Game is installed to D drive. Does that make a difference? The correct path is set in the launcher)

hmm, can you get me the full path of the Assets folder ? this kind of error usually happens when the path is wrong ( usually one folder too many)

I crash regularly with the mod. When I play, or when I reload a save.

I don't have any special modules activated.

Any idea of solution ?

Really enjoying the Mod - I used to LOVE Fall from Heaven and this addition of extra depth makes it feel new again. So thanks to all the contributors!!

I have a couple of questions that I'm not certain are bugs, or perhaps I've made a mistake that is causing some issues.

1 - There are a couple of Demonic Barrows near my southernmost city (playing Hamstalfar) that show "0% Demonic, 100% Hamstalfar" but the terrain is still grey and appears to be owned by the Demonic faction - is this due to a missing tech (as I see that my Centaur Village needs Horseback riding to utilize I believe as it's not growing yet and I assume that's the issue) but this one is different because I can't even take over the hex ownership.

2 - One of my Vagabonds (Hunter type unit) just beat a Gorilla band, but now upon gaining a level is showing promotions for Commanders (such as Increasing Command limit by +1). I'm guessing this is a bug. Is it common or an issue or can I ignore it?

3 - Is the mod generally stable or is it still under a good amount of development and are significant bugs to still be expected - I don't mind if it is just want to be sure I know what I'm getting myself into.

Thanks!

Top Bottom