Final Fixes Reborn

Hello AoE crew. I have been playing this game View attachment AoEpeacefull.CivBeyondSwordSave , and the game is tooo passive. :sheep: I was wondering if others are experiencing the same thing. No friction, war...just happy folks all around.

As far as the rest of the mod goes...great work!:goodjob:
screenie of situation..
Spoiler :
:religion:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0040.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0040.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 446
wow, in my game everyone hates me... :think:

btw, small problem with mekara- after blood of the phoenix if you enslave a familiar you get the slave and a reborn familiar.

Well hopefully the next update will work for me, unless someone wants to try adding a P2P link of their (working) download of AoE.

Look forward to playing this at some point.

Well hopefully the next update will work for me, unless someone wants to try adding a P2P link of their (working) download of AoE.

Look forward to playing this at some point.

Did you try the other method of download, the svn one, for betatesters?

And I just thought of another way:

This asks sourceforge to take the whole code of version r49 (the october release) and create a new archive that you can download (their server will need several minutes to create the archive, unless someone already asked for it and the server kept the archive)
This creates the archive of the latest version (see the "HEAD" in the url name)
These archives will contain the source code for the dll too. You can ignore it (keep it or delete it won't make any difference to you)

Radiant Guard upgrade into Paladins and that's really nice because they carry the massive defence boost and the blinding spell over

I agree that Empy could do with something more though, maybe some sort of Utopia civic that is powerful but occasionally falls apart, resulting in turns of anarchy
well it is nice, but you only get 4 pallies... for the other, they upgrade to tier III units which are not limited in number.. that's a huge change.
but the bonus of Radiang Guard is that they "kill" less population in cities when drafted than what should really happen when comparing their worth.

1. rife launcher will have an unhandeled exception error when I open the module manager.

Error text:
Spoiler :
************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'DiplomacyInfo' start tag on line 269 does not match the end tag of 'DiplomacyInfos'. Line 270, position 4.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at RifELauncher.FormModules.CheckConflicts()
at RifELauncher.FormModules.backgroundWorker1_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

2. I seem to have a general problem with the Frozen, Dural and Jotnar civs. I can't safely add them into the game since the module manager would not properly sync their schema files or what not.
When I run the mod i get a repeating message that reads:

Spoiler :
Failed Loading XML file
Modules\NormalModules\Jotnar\Units\Jotnar_CIV4PromotionInfos.xml
.[.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File -
File:
Modules\NormalModules\Jotnar\Units\Jotnar_CIV4PromotionInfos.xml
Reason: The element 'PromotionPrereq' is used
but not declared in the DTD/Schema.
Line: 56,21
Source:
<PromotionPrereq> PROMOTION_JOT_RENO

Then I click ok and recieve two lines in a message that reads:
LoadXML call failed forModules\NormalModules\Jotnar\Units\Jotnar_CIV4PromotionInfos.xml

When clicking ok I recive another load error regarding the next Jotnar file and so on...

It used to work for me and I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I did try to solve that problem with RifELauncher_Fix.zip but didn't have much success either.

Another thing I've tried was to update my .net infra as well but I am still posting here so we all know how that went...

Maybe I did something wrong in the process if anyone can shed some light on this it would be great.

3. I want to enrich my "Ashes of Erebus" game and try out new things, where can i download new modules.

Thanks in advance.

Hey all,

For some reason I don't seem to be able to use world spells anymore...I have all the reqs, haven't used Birthright Regained, and they're no where to be found on either a unit or the city actions section.

This is happening with multiple RfE games...I don't think even the AI is using spells anymore. It's like they're just...gone. Disabled or something?

Anyway, if anybody has any ideas on to what could be happening, help would be much appreciated.

Concerning your word spell:
1/ have you the required tech?
2/ can you cast regular spells? If not it may be the result of the amurite world spell that forbid casting for a given time IIRC.

Concerning your word spell:
1/ have you the required tech?
2/ can you cast regular spells? If not it may be the result of the amurite world spell that forbid casting for a given time IIRC.

I'm positive I have all the requirements. I've even started a couple of new games with the Illians, Calabim, and Sylvaltar (who I think have there spells available right at the beginning) and they're not available.

Amurites are not in any of my games.

I'm positive I have all the requirements. I've even started a couple of new games with the Illians, Calabim, and Sylvaltar (who I think have there spells available right at the beginning) and they're not available.

Amurites are not in any of my games.

Um. I'm not certain if I'm remembering correctly, but for balance reasons I believe both the Illian and Calabim world spells were intentionally pushed back further via tech requirements, specifically because they allowed someone to take a devastating early lead. In the case of Illians, popping it immediately gives you a 30-turn head start, whereas Calabim use it on hitting pop 3 to reduce everyone else to population 1 again. Not sure about Svartalfar.
What version of the mod are you running? The latest SVN, or the latest release version? I've had no problems at all with world spells in my last several games, using the release version 13.10.

Radiants upgrade into Champions too. I really don't think Empyrean needs any more lategame power, personally. Chalid Astrakein is incredibly powerful, as are their High Priests. Lategame Empyrean armies basically walk up to a stack and erase it. Blind, dispelled, 20% health stacks are easy prey for anything at all. The difficulty lies in reaching said lategame, not in what to do when you get there.
One semi-hidden benefit to Empyrean is that Dies Diei (Shrine) gives Sun mana, for Scorch, which is one of the two essential terraforming spells (Spring being the other). Turning all riverside tiles into floodplains, wetlands and jungle to grassland and forest, and cold terrain into normal, can give your economy quite a boost.

And finally, what I suspect is a bug, but haven't really looked into numbers-wise:
Multiple production with the Bannor, and how it interacts with overflow production from a previous build. I noticed in my latest game that my capital was capable of producing ridiculous numbers of units per turn. Now, said city is a 40-population, City of a Thousand Slums, Heroic Epic, Pillar of Chains capital, so its production is through the roof, but even then, being able to train dozens of Champions in one turn is excessive. Also, I noticed that the proportional numbers are off. That is, if I swapped to a unit with half the cost, I'd get more than double the numbers. Attempting to alt-build Disciples actually outright crashed my game.

I think what might be happening is that the overflow production is being applied to each unit built that turn instead of just the first. For example, say I have 100:hammers: of overflow, 200:hammers: of production, and am building a 150:hammers: unit. Instead of getting 2 of said unit, I would get 4 due to each one having 100:hammers: applied to its cost from the overflow. Sufficiently high overflow and low unit costs would thus produce infinite units, resulting in the crash. Another possibility is that it's the Pillar of Chains :hammers: that are being multiplied and applied to each unit built. I'll do more detailed tests to quantify the effect when I get a chance, which may help pin down where the extra production is coming from.

Something else that should probably be added to the description of the Crusade civic on the Civics screen itself is that it disables production of (some?) non-military buildings. Not sure about which specific buildings are allowed or blocked though.

Taking a city with dropped equipment in the form of a Treasure Chest appears to destroy said equipment permanently. That is, the Treasure Chest containing the equipment is destroyed when the city is conquered. This can be a bit frustrating when you're trying to swipe powerful items from a neighbor, like Orthus's Axe or the Horsemen's items, for example.

Great Commanders born in cities of a different culture are created as the UU replacement for that civilization rather than that of the primary civilization. Playing as Decius/Bannor, this led to rather frustrating moments where my GCs would be born in a conquered city without a GC UU rather than a Bannor city as Captains, as Captains are significantly stronger than their vanilla counterparts. Was there a reason to make Great Commanders spawn in random cities rather than always spawning in the Capital?

Regarding Flesh Golems (Bug 233): Flesh Golems' base strength increases by 1 if the sacrificed unit has a higher strength than it anyway, making its base strength more or less irrelevant.

Bug 273: Gold Bag for 10+ commerce on a tile: Haven't gotten around to checking, but is it the same bag as for 5? If I recall correctly, the icons for 5:hammers: and 10:hammers: are similar but not identical. That is, 5:hammers: is an anvil, 10:hammers: is an anvil with a hammer over it. I could just be remembering things wrong and can't check ingame at the moment though.

Bug 273: Gold Bag for 10+ commerce on a tile: Haven't gotten around to checking, but is it the same bag as for 5? If I recall correctly, the icons for 5:hammers: and 10:hammers: are similar but not identical. That is, 5:hammers: is an anvil, 10:hammers: is an anvil with a hammer over it. I could just be remembering things wrong and can't check ingame at the moment though.

I think for there's a distinct icon for 5 of something (a loaf of bread, a bag of gold, or an anvil), and at 10 you get two of those icons. So a 13 hammer tile would have 2 anvils and 3 hammers.

I think for there's a distinct icon for 5 of something (a loaf of bread, a bag of gold, or an anvil), and at 10 you get two of those icons. So a 13 hammer tile would have 2 anvils and 3 hammers.

Nope, what you describe is what we want: 2 gold bags/anvils for 10+ (and possibly 3 for 15+ but such yield should not appear ingame)

What we have now is that 5 looks exactly like 10 (6 like 11 and so on)
@TrippedOnACloud: both 5 :hammers: and 10:hammers: are represented by an anvil with a hammer over it.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 385
Um. I'm not certain if I'm remembering correctly, but for balance reasons I believe both the Illian and Calabim world spells were intentionally pushed back further via tech requirements, specifically because they allowed someone to take a devastating early lead. In the case of Illians, popping it immediately gives you a 30-turn head start, whereas Calabim use it on hitting pop 3 to reduce everyone else to population 1 again. Not sure about Svartalfar.

What version of the mod are you running? The latest SVN, or the latest release version? I've had no problems at all with world spells in my last several games, using the release version 13.10.

I didn't hear about the Calabim/Illian world spell being moved back...I hope that's the case since they were a bit broken early game.

But I'm almost positive that that the world spells in my other games are, for whatever reason, not working/not available. In my Mechanos game, I have almost every tech researched and still can't create Steamworks. In my current game with Mazatl, I have all 12 wyvern guardians and have tech-ed up to Theology, Righteousness, Strength of Will, Mithril Working, and Commune with Nature for their respective tech lines and still cannot use the spell to create the order of the wyvern.

Also no Arcane Lacuna for the Amurites at Arcane Lore.

I'm playing whatever version is available with the current download link (1.4 I believe). Any ideas?

I'm playing whatever version is available with the current download link (1.4 I believe). Any ideas?

me in post #1 said:
What's the last public version? 13.10 (= October 2013 = Release 49) --> 500+ downloads \o/
What's the last beta version? R61 (28 November 2013)
Are you playing one of these?

Are you playing one of these?

I don't believe so. The current version is 1.4 as far as I know. The version number doesn't show up in menu or the launcher properties, so I'm going off of what the download link in the sticky thread says.

The "About this Build" in the menu says I'm playing 3.1.9 for the base game. Could I be missing a patch or something for BtS...? It's been a while since I've played.

I'm also using Windows 8. I have no idea if that would make a difference or not, but thought I'd mention it.

/me wants to facepalm himself, then breathes deeply and sighs:"Humans..." :cry:

Common sense says: When you want to post an answer to someone's thread, you should read the 1st post in order to know what people are talking about.
I even spent time creating a nice schema linked on the 1st line so that anyone could understand easily.
Now please spend some time reading posts #1 and #3.

I don't believe so. The current version is 1.4 as far as I know. The version number doesn't show up in menu or the launcher properties, so I'm going off of what the download link in the sticky thread says.
Ah, it sounds like you're still playing the original Rise from Erebus, which is the modmod(mod?) that Ashes of Erebus, formerly Final Fixes Reborn, is based on.

You'll want to head to the first post in this thread (Final Fixes Reborn) and follow the instructions/links found there. Ronkhar and the other AoE folks have done a great job of fixing bugs and continuing Kael's glorious legacy.

My bad on the 10:hammers: and 10:commerce: plot icons, it's been quite some time since I've looked at them carefully ingame.

Regarding Bannor multiple production:
200:hammers: or so (~100:hammers: base, ~40:hammers: from Pillar of Chains, ~60:hammers: from overflow), with a total of +200% bonus (+90%:hammers:, +110%:hammers: for military units) was resulting in 9 Champions (180:hammers: each), with 12:hammers: overflow left the next turn. Next turn produced 8 Champions.
That level of production should only be yielding 600:hammers: worth of Champion production, not 1620:hammers:. It looks like it's the Pillar of Chains production that's being applied to each unit produced instead of to the total production (1020:hammers: extra, about 113:hammers: per Champion, or ~37:hammers: per Champion before the percent production bonuses) but since I stupidly forgot to write down the exact values, I can't be certain. I'll go get some exact values later.

A request for workshops.

In civIV and in every civIV mod I played, workshops are supposed to give you finally a production roughly equivalent on a plain than a hill with a mine. But with later technologies and no way to get resources. This is also true of vanilla ffh and several modmods (MNAI, magister, etc). For instance in vanilla ffh workshop are -1F, +1P, +1C, with smelting +1P and with guilds +2P, for a total of -1F, +4P, +1C.
Compare it to rife with a pathetic final yield of -1F, +2P after bronze working.

Whenever I start a game in a large plain without hills, I just restart the game, because this kind of position is almost a game over as it is impossible to get a decent production. In other mods, I know that I will have a difficult start, but at the end with workshops it is possible to compete with any other civ.

I really do not know the reason of the workshop nerf in rife (but maybe someone can explain it), but I consider it is a pity. Giving decent production to workshop (what they are supposed to be in real life!) gives the player (and the AI) more options to settle and makes the game more interesting.

My suggestion is to reset the workshop yield to what it is in ffh, and to have +1P with industry, as it definitely fits thematically.

Top Bottom