Final Fixes Reborn

For some reason, every time I switch to Ashes of Erebus from a different Civilization mod, it says that I'm "below recommended specifications" and sets all my graphical settings as low as they can go. If I keep using Ashes of Erebus, it doesn't happen, but if I switch to another mod and back again, it thinks that my machine has downgraded. Do you know why this might be happening?

For some reason, every time I switch to Ashes of Erebus from a different Civilization mod, it says that I'm "below recommended specifications" and sets all my graphical settings as low as they can go. If I keep using Ashes of Erebus, it doesn't happen, but if I switch to another mod and back again, it thinks that my machine has downgraded. Do you know why this might be happening?

same here

Great commanders(multiple in one stack in a city), if one casts create command post while the others still have the recruiter promotion, it will consume all of the recruiter promotions

I've tracked down the disparition of lair equipments. It happens between R47(=OK) and R48 (=broken)
Public release 13.10 corresponds to code release R49 --> your impression is right.
The only change to lairs in R48 update was snarko's fix
I'll revert it and see if the equipments spawn again.

That was the source of the problem --> Solved for next version :)
But it means the previous "explore lair" bug (you click explore but nothing happens) has another cause :(

Dr. Strange said:

Mhm, curious. As I haven't played any other mod for a while, I'll have to install a mod and see if it happens for me too. Was it a specific mod or all? (I'm sure my hard drive has Dune and Star Trek somewhere --> will try with these first)
Anyway, I've no idea why Civ would think your computer doesn't match specifications.
And I've never seen any code inside the mod that checks for hardware specs.

mober6 said:
Great commanders(multiple in one stack in a city), if one casts create command post while the others still have the recruiter promotion, it will consume all of the recruiter promotions
Solved. the code was just missing one line : <bBuffCasterOnly>1</bBuffCasterOnly>
Congrats: you found a bug that has been in RifE for 3 years :D

It happens with all other mods, as well as unmodded BtS. Ashes from Erebus just does not play nicely with others.

It happens with all other mods, as well as unmodded BtS. Ashes from Erebus just does not play nicely with others.

1)By switching between AoE and standard Civ4 BTS, I get the message too.

2) I can't debug directly because the code responsible for the verification of game specs is inside Civ4BeyondSword.exe, and if a problem is detected, it uses the following string from the xml file:
Code:
<Tag>TXT_KEY_RECOMMENDED_SPECS_MESSAGE</Tag>
	<English>Your machine is below recommended specifications. The graphic settings were altered to accomodate this, however, you may experience performance issues.</English>

--> The only solution for me is to try old versions of the mod (RifE 1.41, RifE 1.41+Final Fixes Reborn, 13.7, 13.10...) to see when the bug appeared.

can we change the string?

"The base game that this mod was built on thinks your PC sucks because it's old and doesn't recognise your super awesome hardware."

1)By switching between AoE and standard Civ4 BTS, I get the message too.

2) I can't debug directly because the code responsible for the verification of game specs is inside Civ4BeyondSword.exe, and if a problem is detected, it uses the following string from the xml file:
Code:
<Tag>TXT_KEY_RECOMMENDED_SPECS_MESSAGE</Tag>
	<English>Your machine is below recommended specifications. The graphic settings were altered to accomodate this, however, you may experience performance issues.</English>

--> The only solution for me is to try old versions of the mod (RifE 1.41, RifE 1.41+Final Fixes Reborn, 13.7, 13.10...) to see when the bug appeared.

I've had this problem happening for ages and never bother reporting it because I read somewhere on the forums the fix is applied on the exe file and that demands "extensive coding" so I resigned to click (3 times) yes yes yes and continue gaming.

I've encountered a quirk a few times where for some reason Perpentach will demand tribute of me every single turn for a large number of turns, sometimes upward of 40 (so yes, I'd have a -40 diplo penalty for "You refused to give us tribute"). Has anyone else seen this?

Also, with R62 at least, the "100% Culture Control" for castles shows up in non-english- it appears ingame as "100% [insert civname here] Culture edit dll requis Control".

I've encountered a quirk a few times where for some reason Perpentach will demand tribute of me every single turn for a large number of turns, sometimes upward of 40 (so yes, I'd have a -40 diplo penalty for "You refused to give us tribute"). Has anyone else seen this?
Don't remember such high occurence. But the AI has always been stupid :(

Also, with R62 at least, the "100% Culture Control" for castles shows up in non-english- it appears ingame as "100% [insert civname here] Culture edit dll requis Control".

Yep, that's "normal". I found a(nother) problem in the C++ code (the dll), and wanted to find where/when it appeared ingame --> changed temporarily the associated string to "edit dll requis (=required in french)"
So culture control for castles it is. Thanks. I'll check that when I'm at home (=sunday). :)

Same and it ticks me off :mad:

got this a few times in my latest game...

bug0000.JPG

the same is happening for something called Givegift

Hello guys!This is my first forum answer,I wanted to congratulate all of you for the awesome work you are doing!I ve been playing FFH(and modmods) for about a year and I love it.
I would like to help you as much as possible,so i found some bugs that i would like to report,if by any chance someone has mentioned them in previous posts,i am sorry but I didnt check them

Illians: Not sure if intentional,Priest of Winter doesnt have the Medic 2 Promotion like the tier 2 priests(Confessor etc)
Mekaran Order: I wanted to do the Augmentation Ritual,so i targeted a slave and a unit or many slaves and many units or even other Shapers,but the Shaper who is supposed to do the ritual just stay inactive(red dot,moved) in the city,the city has shapers cabal and shapers Lab.Is it something that I am doing wrong or is there a bug?

Thank you for your time,sorry if my English were bad since it is not my native language and good luck with the progress

I found something with the Amurites in 13.10. Their units have a random chance to start with T3 spell promotions like the ability to cast valor and stuff. I attached a save with the relevant bug, and you can see in the capital city.(The most obvious unit which has the problem is the out of place berserker, the rest of them are sorta obnoxious to find) Also the save is huge, its on huge map, extra AI's, and probably requires a nice comp

Augmentation rituals actually require several types of mana, they are described under the concepts section of the civopedia, even if the wording is rather poor. I think assassin is air/shadow, berserker is force/body, and protector is earth/?

Also, everyone can cast stasis once they have the white hand researched, is this intended? (Stasis as in the -100% exp from combat stasis)

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
I play Illians a lot...but i get Ice 1 for the adepts when built in a city with white hand,rather than stasis
Also another bug(?) is that when I attack workers with the slavery civic(that happened with me a LOT when I had Mekaran with Slave hunters) I capture the workers AND I get a slave.Also in Scions one revenant(not sure about the name,it is the melee unit that has a 33% chance to generate a skeleton after combat) managed to kill a unit and generate both a slave AND a skeleton

I found something with the Amurites in 13.10. Their units have a random chance to start with T3 spell promotions like the ability to cast valor and stuff. I attached a save with the relevant bug, and you can see in the capital city.(The most obvious unit which has the problem is the out of place berserker, the rest of them are sorta obnoxious to find) Also the save is huge, its on huge map, extra AI's, and probably requires a nice comp

The pedia doesn't suggest anything being able to give T3 spells to the Amurites; only T1 through their Mage Guild UB. However, I found in CvEventManager.py code suggesting otherwise.

Spoiler :
Code:
		if getNumB( Building["Wizards Hall"]) > 0:
			if (iCombatType == UnitCombat["Melee"] or iCombatType == UnitCombat["Archer"] or iCombatType == UnitCombat["Mounted"] or iCombatType == UnitCombat["Recon"] or iCombatType == UnitCombat["Adept"] or iCombatType == UnitCombat["Disciple"]):
				lPromoList = []
				iAirNum = getNumAvailBonuses( Mana["Air"])
				if iAirNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_AIR1']
				iBodyNum = getNumAvailBonuses( Mana["Body"])
				if iBodyNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_BODY1']

iForNum = getNumAvailBonuses( Mana["Force"])
				if iForNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_FORCE1']
				if len(lPromoList) > 0:
					sPromo = lPromoList[randNum(len(lPromoList), "Pick Promotion")]
					if randNum(100, "Spell Gain Check") < 20 + ((iAirNum + iBodyNum + iChaosNum + iDeathNum + iEarthNum + iEncNum + iEntNum + iFirNum + iIceNum + iLawNum + iLifNum + iMetNum + iMinNum + iNatNum + iShaNum + iSpiNum + iSunNum + iWatNum + iDimNum + iCreNum + iForNum)*5):
						setPromo(getInfoType(sPromo), True)
For their Mage Guild UB, it works as intended; T1 spells. However, if they ALSO have the building Cave of Ancestors in the same city, they can spawn with either a T1 or a T2 spell. Code:

Spoiler :
Code:
		elif getNumB( Building["Wizards Hall"]) > 0 and getNumB(Building["Cave of Ancestors"]) > 0:
			if (iCombatType == UnitCombat["Melee"] or iCombatType == UnitCombat["Archer"] or iCombatType == UnitCombat["Mounted"] or iCombatType == UnitCombat["Recon"] or iCombatType == UnitCombat["Adept"] or iCombatType == UnitCombat["Disciple"]):
				lPromoList = []
				if iAirNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_AIR1', 'PROMOTION_AIR2']
				iBodyNum = getNumAvailBonuses( Mana["Body"])
				if iBodyNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_BODY1', 'PROMOTION_BODY2']

if iWatNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_WATER1', 'PROMOTION_WATER2']
				iDimNum = getNumAvailBonuses( Mana["Dimensional"])
				if iDimNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_CREATION1', 'PROMOTION_CREATION2']
				iCreNum = getNumAvailBonuses( Mana["Creation"])
				if iCreNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_FORCE1', 'PROMOTION_FORCE2']
				if iForNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_DIMENSIONAL1', 'PROMOTION_DIMENSIONAL2']
				if len(lPromoList) > 0:
					if randNum(100, "Spell Gain Check") < 10 + ((iAirNum + iBodyNum + iChaosNum + iDeathNum + iEarthNum + iEncNum + iEntNum + iFirNum + iIceNum + iLawNum + iLifNum + iMetNum + iMinNum + iNatNum + iShaNum + iSpiNum + iSunNum + iWatNum + iDimNum + iCreNum + iForNum)*5):
Here is one error, I think at the very end; it appears as if Dimension mana gives the creation promotions, creation the force, and force, dimension (if I'm reading this right). Otherwise, this bit says that WITH the Cave of Ancestors (but not if you have it by itself), units have a chance at getting a T1 or T2 of the manatypes you have, like the mage guild UB.

However, there's one more section, for the School of Govannon:

Spoiler :
Code:
		if getNumB( Building["School of Govannon"]) > 0:
				lPromoList = []
				if iAirNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_AIR1', 'PROMOTION_AIR2', 'PROMOTION_AIR3']

iWatNum = getNumAvailBonuses( Mana["Water"])
				if iWatNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_WATER1', 'PROMOTION_WATER2', 'PROMOTION_WATER3']
				iDimNum = getNumAvailBonuses( Mana["Dimensional"])
				if iDimNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_CREATION1', 'PROMOTION_CREATION2', 'PROMOTION_CREATION3']
				iCreNum = getNumAvailBonuses( Mana["Creation"])
				if iCreNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_FORCE1', 'PROMOTION_FORCE2', 'PROMOTION_FORCE3']
				if iForNum > 0:
					lPromoList = lPromoList + ['PROMOTION_DIMENSIONAL1', 'PROMOTION_DIMENSIONAL2', 'PROMOTION_DIMENSIONAL3']
				if len(lPromoList) > 0:
					if game.getSorenRandNum(100, "Spell Gain Check") < ((iAirNum + iBodyNum + iChaosNum + iDeathNum + iEarthNum + iEncNum + iEntNum + iFirNum + iIceNum + iLawNum + iLifNum + iMetNum + iMinNum + iNatNum + iShaNum + iSpiNum + iSunNum + iWatNum + iDimNum + iCreNum + iForNum)*3):
Again, the dimensional/creation/force are mixed up, but this potentially allows for a T3 promotion given with their Alchemy Lab UB (even if they only have 1 mana of that type), which is nowhere reflected in the pedia that I can find.

I haven't played a game with the Amurites recently (and my laptop is too poor to run your savefile for more than a minute Mober :( ), but I think this should be definitely relayed to the player somehow. T3 spells are really nice :lol:

Will someone please verify that resurrection is working?
I uhm, managed to get all the promos that the caster had. Didn't even have to cast on a graveyard.
It gave all of the promos the caster had to the hero being resummoned.
In other words, my level 10 Spherner gave my Mother(Archos) every promo he had, and didn't even level up the unit. (as in 20+ promo unit with 1 exp required for each level up)

Will someone please verify that resurrection is working?
I uhm, managed to get all the promos that the caster had. Didn't even have to cast on a graveyard.
It gave all of the promos the caster had to the hero being resummoned.
In other words, my level 10 Spherner gave my Mother(Archos) every promo he had, and didn't even level up the unit. (as in 20+ promo unit with 1 exp required for each level up)

I did test it, and resurrection is "working", but messy; it does indeed revive a civs hero (with the right choice of spell), but does appear to give all of the caster's promotions to the hero (not to the resurrected champion though). In the hero case, it also does not require nor remove a graveyard. In this, it's pretty broken.

I think it was at one point meant to be merged into one spell as the tooltip suggests; that if cast on a graveyard, raises a champion, else it resurrects a dead hero. However, as it is now, they're both two separate spells, with text saying they aren't. This has already been added to the buglist at some point, but not really inspected by Ronkhar I think.

Edit: This seems to be the code responsible for the promotions carrying over:
Code:
	for iProm in range(gc.getNumPromotionInfos()):
		if (caster.isHasPromotion(iProm) and not gc.getPromotionInfo(iProm).isEquipment()):
			iPromCount = caster.countHasPromotion(iProm)
			for i in xrange(iPromCount):
				newUnit.setHasPromotion(iProm, True)

I don't really see the need of it; there was code messing around with the case of Barnaxus earlier up in def spellResurrection(caster), and it might supposed to have been for that case or something, I'm not sure.

Top Bottom