Finland's party-loving PM Sanna Marin is forced to apologise after compromising photo released

What's this 'we', kemosabe?

He's still salty that having a "babe thread" made the actual women here feel objectified and creeped out

Anyway this whole scandal is dumb as hell. My read on it is that it is basically incel crap, it is a bunch of men mad that the hot Finnish PM won't bang them, so they are pretending to moral outrage.

Ah the babe threads. To be a horny teen again! 😂

He's still salty that having a "babe thread" made the actual women here feel objectified and creeped out

Anyway this whole scandal is dumb as hell. My read on it is that it is basically incel crap, it is a bunch of men mad that the hot Finnish PM won't bang them, so they are pretending to moral outrage.

Was there a hunk thread as well? I can't remember, and can't be arsed to look.

Probably not as simple as that, there are some genuinely conservative older folks who likely find moral outrage at anything that does not fit into their ideal "proper" lifestyle.

Probably not as simple as that, there are some genuinely conservative older folks who likely find moral outrage at anything that does not fit into their ideal "proper" lifestyle.

Those folks are probably already upset about a woman leading the country anyway.

Those folks are probably already upset about a woman leading the country anyway.

And looking for any excuse to complain.

I like to adopt the approach of seeing what complainers bring up. For instance, if this is the best they can do, then the PM is probably not that bad. Surely they could have come up with better skeletons in her closet.

It's pretty confusing to me to be irritated at people going "wtf" over their state's official residence depicted as such and be all like, "but babe threads are creepy. Finding people attractive demeans them as a human." Back to hate clicking on politics. :lol:

Ah the babe threads. To be a horny teen again! 😂
Don't worry, you'll still get to be you, but the depiction will change to dirty old man!

Last edited:

You can partially blame the demise of the "babe threads" on Google. They cracked down on a bunch of forums that showed sexually explicit or too-revealing or suggestive images (it's a bit surprising what images got banned on TrekBBS; there's an infamous one from the TOS episode "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" and it's not even of anything alive or sentient, and the person who had it as an avatar was miffed to have to get a new avatar). Even if the staff here had not decided that these threads were more trouble than they were worth and decided to disallow them, we'd have had to disallow them anyway.

I was on staff at the time, and had never looked at them until someone made a complaint in A&E over how far they could go in posting comic/cartoon art. A&E does allow artistic nudity (ie. the statue of David, since it's ridiculous to be able to discuss a work of art without showing a photo of it), but not sexually explicit, suggestive nudity. He said it wasn't fair for the "babe threads" to allow it and A&E not to allow it.

So I finally did venture into those threads and while most photos were okay, some were definitely not okay. To be honest, those threads were inconvenient from a moderation standpoint, and yes, as a woman I did feel creeped out by a lot of them.

Was there a hunk thread as well? I can't remember, and can't be arsed to look.

There was. It wasn't used much.

A person can be reticent about official government premises being used for personal parties without being upset that a woman is leading the country. People here weren't happy about Stephen Harper's teenage son using 24 Sussex as a party hangout, for instance (the cops got called to that one). Nobody was upset about the sex of the PM (we just hated Harper and considered it inappropriate for his kids to have drunken teenage parties there; if they wanted to party, they should have done it at Laureen Harper's residence, as the Harpers eventually separated for awhile and had different residences).

It's 29 years since Canada had a female Prime Minister. I don't remember if Kim Campbell even had time to move into 24 Sussex, since she was in office for only a few months before having to call an election (which she lost). But if she had, and threw a wild personal party in the areas that were not the PM's private residence, that would have been frowned on - not because she was a woman, but because she would have disrespected the government.

You can partially blame the demise of the "babe threads" on Google. They cracked down on a bunch of forums that showed sexually explicit or too-revealing or suggestive images (it's a bit surprising what images got banned on TrekBBS; there's an infamous one from the TOS episode "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" and it's not even of anything alive or sentient, and the person who had it as an avatar was miffed to have to get a new avatar). Even if the staff here had not decided that these threads were more trouble than they were worth and decided to disallow them, we'd have had to disallow them anyway.

I was on staff at the time, and had never looked at them until someone made a complaint in A&E over how far they could go in posting comic/cartoon art. A&E does allow artistic nudity (ie. the statue of David, since it's ridiculous to be able to discuss a work of art without showing a photo of it), but not sexually explicit, suggestive nudity. He said it wasn't fair for the "babe threads" to allow it and A&E not to allow it.

So I finally did venture into those threads and while most photos were okay, some were definitely not okay. To be honest, those threads were inconvenient from a moderation standpoint, and yes, as a woman I did feel creeped out by a lot of them.

There was. It wasn't used much.

A person can be reticent about official government premises being used for personal parties without being upset that a woman is leading the country. People here weren't happy about Stephen Harper's teenage son using 24 Sussex as a party hangout, for instance (the cops got called to that one). Nobody was upset about the sex of the PM (we just hated Harper and considered it inappropriate for his kids to have drunken teenage parties there; if they wanted to party, they should have done it at Laureen Harper's residence, as the Harpers eventually separated for awhile and had different residences).

It's 29 years since Canada had a female Prime Minister. I don't remember if Kim Campbell even had time to move into 24 Sussex, since she was in office for only a few months before having to call an election (which she lost). But if she had, and threw a wild personal party in the areas that were not the PM's private residence, that would have been frowned on - not because she was a woman, but because she would have disrespected the government.
Here the PM gets a little pad called Chequers, and it basically is for entertaining. That is a big bit of ruling the country. I bet Truss's parties are not as good as Marin's.

Spoiler The little pad :

Last edited:
It's pretty confusing to me to be irritated at people going "wtf" over their state's official residence depicted as such and be all like, "but babe threads are creepy. Finding people attractive demeans them as a human." Back to hate clicking on politics. :lol:

The reason people think babe threads are creepy is generally not going to be the images themselves, it is how the thirsty men in them act. Similarly, it is possible to simultaneously support the Finnish PM and her friends in this "scandal" while also thinking that the way some man is commenting on the videos is creepy.

A person can be upset about one and not the other, but, odds are pretty good that if they're upset about the other, they're upset about the one.

Her the PM gets a little pad called Chequers, and it basically is for entertaining. That is a big bit of ruling the country. I bet Truss's parties are not as good as Marin's.

Spoiler The little pad :
Wow. What a shack.

Justin Trudeau doesn't live at 24 Sussex, as the place is in dire need of renovation (electrical system, plumbing, heating, asbestos removal) and he's the first PM who made the decision to not live there so these renovations could proceed. He's living in Rideau Cottage (which is a hell of a lot bigger than what normal people would think of as a cottage; it's a mansion), not far from the GG's official address of Rideau Hall. Rideau Cottage is normally used to accommodate visiting heads of state, but it was felt to be the best compromise for the PM and his family.

There have been arguments going on as to whether it would be better to just knock 24 Sussex down and build a new, modern residence that's up to current building code, as it's going to cost in the tens of millions to renovate the existing building.

The reason people think babe threads are creepy is generally not going to be the images themselves, it is how the thirsty men in them act. Similarly, it is possible to simultaneously support the Finnish PM and her friends in this "scandal" while also thinking that the way some man is commenting on the videos is creepy.
So really it's just "who." Bigotry 101, but human enough.

• Women were seen by PM Marin's desk where she makes official announcements
  • One of the topless women in pictures is social media influencer Sabina Särkkä
  • Sanna Marin was previously seen dancing with Särkkä in a raunchy video
  • Finnish PM has apologised for the pictures but defended her right to party
  • The footage was taken on the crowded dancefloor of the nightclub where Ms Marin was also filmed dancing intimately with Finnish singer Olavi Uusivirta
  • Her spokesperson confirmed yesterday results of a drug test were negative
View attachment 639326

The cheeky image was taken beside Sanna Marin's desk against an official blue backdrop board in a workspace where she is often filmed making official Government announcements

One on the right is chubby.

Wow. What a shack.

Justin Trudeau doesn't live at 24 Sussex, as the place is in dire need of renovation (electrical system, plumbing, heating, asbestos removal) and he's the first PM who made the decision to not live there so these renovations could proceed. He's living in Rideau Cottage (which is a hell of a lot bigger than what normal people would think of as a cottage; it's a mansion), not far from the GG's official address of Rideau Hall. Rideau Cottage is normally used to accommodate visiting heads of state, but it was felt to be the best compromise for the PM and his family.

There have been arguments going on as to whether it would be better to just knock 24 Sussex down and build a new, modern residence that's up to current building code, as it's going to cost in the tens of millions to renovate the existing building.

And no PM can feasibly expend such funds without facing significant political backlash over the use of taxpayer funds. So that building will forever be dilapidated.

Like being thirsty? I know, I know. Male sensuality and attraction are likened to disease. Patriarchy in the Culture of Crime sense.

Like being thirsty? I know, I know. Male sensuality and attraction are likened to disease. Patriarchy in the Culture of Crime sense.

You know, I don't wholly disagree with this, in the abstract. And in fact I see it a lot in the wild on social media.

But as far as my posts are concerned: I'm a dude, who's thirsty almost all the time! I'm one of the highest-libido people I know! And yet, I still think it is important to act with propriety in public and to not treat women disrespectfully.

Honestly, by conflating acting creepily with male attraction as such, you are the one likening male attraction to disease and Crime. Not anyone else in this thread.

That's what's left after it's verboten.

Which is not a thing I have done. Just something I'm reminding you was done.

Top Bottom