1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FinMod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Uluk, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Elite Commander

Ugh... Thanks... I wonder where my brain was at the time... :crazyeye:

2. You_will_perish

You_will_perish Chieftain

Woohoo! I buy the game and I instantly find a Finnish mod! :D Very nice work.
    Hakkaa päälle pohjan poika!

3. Optimizer

Optimizer Sthlm, SWE

I think that the Jaeger should have the same combat strength as Infantry, but Guerrilla I+II and Woodsman I+II. Their greatest advantage was their mobility.

4. Uluk

Uluk Chieftain

Thanks for the comments.

@Optimizer: That's why the unit gains a free Woodsman I promotion. It's a clear incentive to spend the first promotion the unit recieves on Woodsman II. On the other hand, having four free promotions to start with is too much imho. It's still infantry and does not move much faster than any other foot infantry. Winter is an exception, of course.

Whether the +2 strength vs. vanillla Infantry is justified is of course debatable. I think it is, but feel free to disagree. Remember that you can always change that in your copy of FinMod.

Cheers,
    Uluk

5. Uluk

Uluk Chieftain

Grr, double post.

6. Kissamies

Kissamies Prince

Yeah, the free Woods I is a pretty nice promotion exactly because it paves the way for II and its movement bonus. Normally I wouldn't consider blowing away 2 promotions for that, except maybe for scouts, but having it just 1 promotion away is a nice incentive. +2 strenght is pretty reasonable if you ask me. Some UUs get more proportianally.

My original idea (before I had even played Civ 4) how Jääkäri would have been was regular infantry +Drill I and non-promotion +25% forest defense, like the one Jaguar gets in jungles. I think this mod's implementation is better.

7. BEAT!!

BEAT!! Chieftain

damn..
    cant wait to get civ4 :p

8. Arakorn-eir

Arakorn-eir Chieftain

Great mod, Uluk!
    I'm quite new here, just made my first post, but I downloaded your mod yesterday.
    I'm playing with Kekkonen ATM.
    (Yes, I'm from Finland, Helsingistä)

One thing though, I think you should make the state flag the default flag...

9. You_will_perish

You_will_perish Chieftain

You could add the president's flag as an option if you want to (it's a nice-looking flag).
    P.S. Here's a pic.

Attached Files:

10. Arakorn-eir

Arakorn-eir Chieftain

Meh, I think that three flags is enough.
    Anyways I now changed to the state flag, as I think it looks nicer in a game like this. :)

11. Korpisoldier

Korpisoldier Chieftain

I've downloaded it! Cant wait to get playing!

Oi maamme Suomi synnyinmaa......

12. Arakorn-eir

Arakorn-eir Chieftain

Soisaana kultainen...

Hey Uluk, could you get someone to animate the LH:s, or learn it yourself?

13. Aku Armoton

Aku Armoton Chieftain

...ei laaksoaa'aa ee'ei kukkulaa...

Uluk, tee uus versio mis jääkäreil on jussipaita =)

14. Uluk

Uluk Chieftain

@You_will_perish: President's flag? Nah, I really don't feel like adding a flag which is in reality used only by one single person. Besides it isn't very different from the state flag.

@Arakorn-eir: At the moment I really have no time or the inclination to make animated LH's, sorry. If someone wants to do it and even happens to get it right I will, of course, add them. Otherwise, I don't see those upcoming. Besides, I like the pics. Especially the Kekkonen one is pure gold. :cool:

@Aku Armoton: :)

Cheers,
    Uluk

15. Kettu

Kettu Chieftain

Any ideas why the flag shows up all white when playing with Finland? I've tried to change flags, but it doesn't seem to help. When playing with other countries the flags show up fine. I've encountered this problem with FinMod and also with SuperCiv mod..

16. Uluk

Uluk Chieftain

I have heard about this issue and honestly I don't have any solutions to it. It could be anything from a driver issue, a graphics card issue, a bug in the game or in the mod. It seems to me that only a few people have this problem. Personally I haven't had anything like that happening. If you haven't already, do a search in the forums. Maybe somebody has some more insight to this annoying problem.

Cheers,
    Uluk

17. LauriL

LauriL prince

This is so funny thread! :D If you're doing more finnish related stuff, count me in! :)

18. Korpisoldier

Korpisoldier Chieftain

I've just won the game! The other civs had no chance against my jaegers.:goodjob:

19. Kahkonen

Kahkonen Warlord

20. Ukas

Ukas Pthooey of Tomainia

I made a couple of finnish related improvements for Civ3, like Sauna etc. couple years ago...