FinMod

Woohoo! I buy the game and I instantly find a Finnish mod! :D Very nice work.
Hakkaa päälle pohjan poika!

I think that the Jaeger should have the same combat strength as Infantry, but Guerrilla I+II and Woodsman I+II. Their greatest advantage was their mobility.

Thanks for the comments.

@Optimizer: That's why the unit gains a free Woodsman I promotion. It's a clear incentive to spend the first promotion the unit recieves on Woodsman II. On the other hand, having four free promotions to start with is too much imho. It's still infantry and does not move much faster than any other foot infantry. Winter is an exception, of course.

Whether the +2 strength vs. vanillla Infantry is justified is of course debatable. I think it is, but feel free to disagree. Remember that you can always change that in your copy of FinMod.

Cheers,
Uluk

Yeah, the free Woods I is a pretty nice promotion exactly because it paves the way for II and its movement bonus. Normally I wouldn't consider blowing away 2 promotions for that, except maybe for scouts, but having it just 1 promotion away is a nice incentive. +2 strenght is pretty reasonable if you ask me. Some UUs get more proportianally.

My original idea (before I had even played Civ 4) how Jääkäri would have been was regular infantry +Drill I and non-promotion +25% forest defense, like the one Jaguar gets in jungles. I think this mod's implementation is better.

Great mod, Uluk!
I'm quite new here, just made my first post, but I downloaded your mod yesterday.
I'm playing with Kekkonen ATM.
(Yes, I'm from Finland, Helsingistä)

One thing though, I think you should make the state flag the default flag...

You could add the president's flag as an option if you want to (it's a nice-looking flag).
P.S. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• Presidential flag 1.jpg
    Presidential flag 1.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 487
@You_will_perish: President's flag? Nah, I really don't feel like adding a flag which is in reality used only by one single person. Besides it isn't very different from the state flag.

@Arakorn-eir: At the moment I really have no time or the inclination to make animated LH's, sorry. If someone wants to do it and even happens to get it right I will, of course, add them. Otherwise, I don't see those upcoming. Besides, I like the pics. Especially the Kekkonen one is pure gold. :cool:

@Aku Armoton: :)

Cheers,
Uluk

Any ideas why the flag shows up all white when playing with Finland? I've tried to change flags, but it doesn't seem to help. When playing with other countries the flags show up fine. I've encountered this problem with FinMod and also with SuperCiv mod..

I have heard about this issue and honestly I don't have any solutions to it. It could be anything from a driver issue, a graphics card issue, a bug in the game or in the mod. It seems to me that only a few people have this problem. Personally I haven't had anything like that happening. If you haven't already, do a search in the forums. Maybe somebody has some more insight to this annoying problem.

Cheers,
Uluk

Top Bottom