1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FinMod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Uluk, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Uluk

Uluk Chieftain

Hmm, interesting... You mean the units changed to others when you loaded a previously saved game? I reckon this doesn't happen with new games, or does it? The reason why I moved it to another place (to the end of the file) is probably because I wanted it to be found more easily. Maybe that was a bad idea after all... :)

It probably doesn't affect any fresh installs of the mod, anyway. But I'll update the file tomorrow when I have more time on my hands. In the meantime do what Kahkonen has done, or manually cut&paste the jaeger <UnitInfo> bit after the infantry <UnitInfo> in the above mentioned file.

Cheers,
    Uluk

2. Kahkonen

Kahkonen Warlord

Exactly so. When I loaded my game, there was a Transport next to my Frigate :eek:

In all new games, however, it was ok. Not a very bad problem when I can allways play my game to finish with old file and then start new games with new file.

3. Uluk

Uluk Chieftain

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. So it was exactly as I thought. I'll update the mod now, so that it won't screw up any saved games anymore. Thanks for the bug report, Kahkonen.

[Edit] Uploaded the new version.

Cheers,
    Uluk

4. Kahkonen

Kahkonen Warlord

Civ4 Warlords expansion have this feature:
    Unique Buildings: Each civilization will have a new unique building as well as their unique unit.

I.e. sauna for Finnish. :)

5. Uluk

Uluk Chieftain

Hmm, an unique building? Nice. Well, let's see what happens when the expansion comes out. I think sauna would be great as an unique building for the finns. A natural choice, of course.

Previously my opinion was that it would not be a good thing to have, because every single civ could build it. Hence, I suggested something more generalized, like a spa or a health resort. Now, it seems the expansion is forcing me to change my mind :)

If and when the expansion comes out I most likely will convert FinMod to it (not 100% guaranteed though). However, I probably won't have the necessary skills to make such addon for my mod. So, if there's anyone willing to contribute by making a sauna addon once the expansion is out, I'd be mighty grateful.

Cheers,
    Uluk

6. Kasperr

Kasperr Chieftain

HIenoa ty&#246;t&#228;! Great job!

7. SkippyT

SkippyT Who?

Unique wonder:

Lordi. Requires Hit Musicals. Double production speed if civilization has Paganism.

8. Kahkonen

Kahkonen Warlord

FinMod 1.11 has patch 1.61 compatibility issues:
    Problem: Error messages about Mao Zedong, Three gorges dam and forbidden palace.
    Reason: They changed Mao's, Three Gorges Dam's and Forbidden Palace's tags in XML-files.
    Solution: So you have to change some lines in your FinMod files this way:

CIV4UnitInfos.xml
    Line 1526
    Code:
      <PrereqTech>TECH_COMMUNISM</PrereqTech>
    to
      <PrereqTech>TECH_UTOPIA</PrereqTech>
    CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
    Code:
      <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_FORBIDDEN_PALACE</BuildingClassType>
    to
      <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_GREAT_PALACE</BuildingClassType>
    Code:
      <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_THREEGORGESDAM</BuildingClassType>
    to
      <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_GREAT_DAM</BuildingClassType>
    Code:
      <LeaderName>LEADER_MAO_ZEDONG</LeaderName>
    to
      <LeaderName>LEADER_CHINESE_LEADER</LeaderName>
    CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml
    Code:
      <Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_MAO_ZEDONG</Type>
    to
      <Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_CHINESE_LEADER</Type>

CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
    from 9308 - 9311
    Code:
    all
      MAO_ZEDONG's
    to
      CHINESE_LEADER

9. Kahkonen

Kahkonen Warlord

Further, there are many many minor fixes like <iAttackOddsChangeRand>16 to 20. But if you do those MAO_ and UTOPIA_ changes, you can play FinMod with 1.61.

10. AndyTerry

AndyTerry Russian Bear

Uluk
    Hello. Do you agree for including you civ into Scandinavia Mod (Scandinavian civs + map)

11. Kahkonen

Kahkonen Warlord

From my civ4 translations home page (see signature) you can now download FinMod translation which corrects those 1.61-caused bugs.

12. Uluk

Uluk Chieftain

I'll update the mod shortly (probably during this week). I knew that I probably will have to update the mod after the new patch came out. What I don't get is why Firaxis has changed the tags. Really, really stupid...

@AndyTerry: Sure, why not. Do what you wish. Scandinavian civilizations package makes sense to me.

Cheers,
    Uluk

13. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

For sale in China, most likely.

14. pason

pason Chieftain

Finland isn't a part of Scandinavia. Maybe it is best bundled in a Nordic or fantasy package.

15. Kahkonen

Kahkonen Warlord

Or Fennoscandia pack.

16. AndyTerry

AndyTerry Russian Bear

Well, not only scandi civs will be included. Sweden, Norway, Suomi, Denmark, Iceland.

17. Uluk

Uluk Chieftain

Well, if someone today mentions Scandinavia I would assume Finland and even Iceland are included. Even though the countries don't lie on the Scandinavian peninsula.

Sorry for not updating the mod yet. I haven't touched Civ4 for a while now. Maybe after the ice hockey world championship tournament is over. :p

Cheers,
    Uluk

18. Kahkonen

Kahkonen Warlord

All 1.61-compatible errors fixed in FinMod translation into Finnish, which you can download from my page. Only for Finns :p

19. Kissamies

Kissamies Prince

Indeed. Technically Finland isn't part of Scandinavia, but thinking that Nordic = Scandinavian is not a big mistake. Nothing to worry about.

20. Ruhtinas

Ruhtinas Chieftain

Hey! Where I can get this awesome mod because download page doesn't work anymore?