FinMod

Hmm, interesting... You mean the units changed to others when you loaded a previously saved game? I reckon this doesn't happen with new games, or does it? The reason why I moved it to another place (to the end of the file) is probably because I wanted it to be found more easily. Maybe that was a bad idea after all... :)

It probably doesn't affect any fresh installs of the mod, anyway. But I'll update the file tomorrow when I have more time on my hands. In the meantime do what Kahkonen has done, or manually cut&paste the jaeger <UnitInfo> bit after the infantry <UnitInfo> in the above mentioned file.

Cheers,
Uluk

Uluk said:
Hmm, interesting... You mean the units changed to others when you loaded a previously saved game? I reckon this doesn't happen with new games, or does it?

Exactly so. When I loaded my game, there was a Transport next to my Frigate :eek:

In all new games, however, it was ok. Not a very bad problem when I can allways play my game to finish with old file and then start new games with new file.

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. So it was exactly as I thought. I'll update the mod now, so that it won't screw up any saved games anymore. Thanks for the bug report, Kahkonen.

[Edit] Uploaded the new version.

Cheers,
Uluk

Hmm, an unique building? Nice. Well, let's see what happens when the expansion comes out. I think sauna would be great as an unique building for the finns. A natural choice, of course.

Previously my opinion was that it would not be a good thing to have, because every single civ could build it. Hence, I suggested something more generalized, like a spa or a health resort. Now, it seems the expansion is forcing me to change my mind :)

If and when the expansion comes out I most likely will convert FinMod to it (not 100% guaranteed though). However, I probably won't have the necessary skills to make such addon for my mod. So, if there's anyone willing to contribute by making a sauna addon once the expansion is out, I'd be mighty grateful.

Cheers,
Uluk

FinMod 1.11 has patch 1.61 compatibility issues:
Problem: Error messages about Mao Zedong, Three gorges dam and forbidden palace.
Reason: They changed Mao's, Three Gorges Dam's and Forbidden Palace's tags in XML-files.
Solution: So you have to change some lines in your FinMod files this way:

CIV4UnitInfos.xml
Line 1526
Code:
  <PrereqTech>TECH_COMMUNISM</PrereqTech>
to
  <PrereqTech>TECH_UTOPIA</PrereqTech>

CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
Code:
  <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_FORBIDDEN_PALACE</BuildingClassType>
to
  <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_GREAT_PALACE</BuildingClassType>

Code:
  <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_THREEGORGESDAM</BuildingClassType>
to
  <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_GREAT_DAM</BuildingClassType>

Code:
  <LeaderName>LEADER_MAO_ZEDONG</LeaderName>
to
  <LeaderName>LEADER_CHINESE_LEADER</LeaderName>

CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml
Code:
  <Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_MAO_ZEDONG</Type>
to
  <Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_CHINESE_LEADER</Type>

CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
from 9308 - 9311
Code:
all
  MAO_ZEDONG's
to
  CHINESE_LEADER

I'll update the mod shortly (probably during this week). I knew that I probably will have to update the mod after the new patch came out. What I don't get is why Firaxis has changed the tags. Really, really stupid...

@AndyTerry: Sure, why not. Do what you wish. Scandinavian civilizations package makes sense to me.

Cheers,
Uluk

Uluk said:
I'll update the mod shortly (probably during this week). I knew that I probably will have to update the mod after the new patch came out. What I don't get is why Firaxis has changed the tags. Really, really stupid...

For sale in China, most likely.

AndyTerry said:
Uluk
Hello. Do you agree for including you civ into Scandinavia Mod (Scandinavian civs + map)

Finland isn't a part of Scandinavia. Maybe it is best bundled in a Nordic or fantasy package.

pason said:
Finland isn't a part of Scandinavia. Maybe it is best bundled in a Nordic or fantasy package.

Well, if someone today mentions Scandinavia I would assume Finland and even Iceland are included. Even though the countries don't lie on the Scandinavian peninsula.

Sorry for not updating the mod yet. I haven't touched Civ4 for a while now. Maybe after the ice hockey world championship tournament is over. :p

Cheers,
Uluk

Uluk said:
Sorry for not updating the mod yet. I haven't touched Civ4 for a while now.

All 1.61-compatible errors fixed in FinMod translation into Finnish, which you can download from my page. Only for Finns :p

Uluk said:
Well, if someone today mentions Scandinavia I would assume Finland and even Iceland are included. Even though the countries don't lie on the Scandinavian peninsula.
Indeed. Technically Finland isn't part of Scandinavia, but thinking that Nordic = Scandinavian is not a big mistake. Nothing to worry about.

Hey! Where I can get this awesome mod because download page doesn't work anymore?

Top Bottom