FiRe! - Fall into Revolution

I'm still working on it. The step to FfH 0.34 was a big one with all these interface changes and stuff. I'll release a compatible version in the next few hours. It's almost done and should be quite playable too. AI Auto Play made it to turn 800 and so far there are no errors.

wow, awesome to hear that it's coming soon. now it'll be hard to choose between this and Orbi :lol:

are there any issues yet to be fixed or is this one gonna be a stable version as far as you can tell?

FiRe version 0.0.2 (stable) for Fall from Heaven 0.34g is ready and waiting to be downloaded by you (link is in the first post). It contains almost all features from jdog5000's Revolution mod pack + my own creation, the latest version of FlavourMod 2 for Fall from Heaven.

The following list is my more or less complete chaange log:

• change: mod name changed to "FiRe" (Fall into Revolution)
  • change: compatibility updated to Fall from Heaven 0.34g
  • fix: Infernal, Mercurian and Random civilizations will never emerge from barbarian cities
  • fix: Infernal, Mercurian and Random civilizations will never be rebels
  • fix: barbarian cities housing a barbarian hero (Archeron etc) will never get civilized
  • fix: newly emerging civs get their leaders alignment and traits
  • fix: bug that kept hell terrain, orthus and barb city defenders from showing up
  • fix: barbarian allies keep peace with the barbarians
  • fix: a whole bunch of smaller python errors and some interface issues
  • change: the emergence of new world civs is handled exactly as in the old world
  • change: new world barbcivs aren't fierce by default any longer
  • change: contact to civilized nations not necessary for the rise of minor civs to full civs
  • change: revolution specific civic XML tag values modified to fit the FfH civics
  • change: rebel types now in compliance with FfH lore (thanks to all for the help)
  • add: installer/uninstaller

Edit: Does anybody know, if there is a way to rename a thread?

Cool. I'll be trying this out right away. :goodjob:

Not that I've beaten the match that I started, but I really like how this spices up the game. A few notes about the options, from what I've noticed so far...

Having Barbarians turn into Civs over time is possibly the most crucial change. It doesn't entirely 'make sense' if you think of things in too strict of terms. (IE those are Orcs not Bannor-nationalists-to-be.)

Tech Diffusion... not much to say about it. It certainly helps a civilization that's just formed, so it's necessary.

The Civnames thing doesn't work extremely well with FfH, seeing as the civics you can choose from are entirely different. Maybe this should be changed?

Starting as a minor civ and working your way up to writing can be interesting, but Writing is much farther away than with Civ4. (unless you beeline for it, of course.) It's certainly interesting if you are more of a warmonger, though. And if you start a game off with numerous Civilizations, it makes the idea of the weakest ones dieing off that much more feasible. :D

As for Rebel Civilizations, this one seems like it would certainly be great for the player who enjoys roleplaying, but unnecessarily annoying to deal with otherwise.

That's just my ten cents, though. I can say that this is a great addition to FfH though, and I look forward to continuing to play this way. ;)

(IE those are Orcs not Bannor-nationalists-to-be.)

Someone hasn't read the lore for the Bannor. :lol:

As to the OP, definitely going to try this out as soon as I finish testing the latest version of my own Mod. Awesome job!

The Bannor reappeared in the Eternal Flame at the center of Braduk the Burning and fought their way out during the Age of Rebirth. So it's very thematic if the Bannor come out of the orcs.

Ah, about dynamic city names, I'll post some ideas later today. It is great in Revolutions, it just needs some tweaks for FfH

awesome. thanx a lot Jean Elcard, you've just made my weekend a lot sweeter :D

btw, would it be a nightmare to merge some BUG features with this to make it even better? I'm mostly thinking about Civ4alerts, but others are great too, interface upgrades are always welcome. kouji71 has a working version for 0.34g in case you're interested http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7372100&postcount=38 :)

oh, and once again thanx for this masterpiece ;)

Renaming the name of a thread displayed in the subforum screen requires a Moderator to do it, so ask Woodelf to help you out.

Will do so, thanks for the advice. Btw, I would also like to upload executable files directly to the file database, without having to zip them first, but I don't think the forum mods will take the risk.

[to_xp]Gekko;7379434 said:
would it be a nightmare to merge some BUG features with this to make it even better?

Some BUG features are in already. I kept the ones coming with the revolution mod pack. Raw Yields for example.

good to know :)

I'm curious about what civs spawn as rebels from the Balseraphs.. I kinda figured they would spawn any civ ( aside from basium&hyborem of course ) , think runaway slaves :D

btw, could you include the picture you're using as an avatar as an icon? I like it so much better than the default BTS one :D

The Bannor reappeared in the Eternal Flame at the center of Braduk the Burning and fought their way out during the Age of Rebirth. So it's very thematic if the Bannor come out of the orcs.

I did not think of it that way. :eek: That makes sense though.

Have a quick question and/or need advice regarding happiness.

I'm playing Decius as Calabim and every city in my young empire is going great with no problems...except my Capital! They are really cranking and I keep getting unrest issues. So far I've bribed them, built culture in the way of a monument and pagan temple and recently got the OO religion there. I've tried to station more units in the city, but nothing seems to help.

Normally, if it was another city of mine, I'd be inclined to let it go and rebel but this is my capital! And since I missed changing the map, I'm using that Erebus map that is all mountains so if I lose this city, I'm pretty much land-locked and would have to fight just to get out of this cul-de-sac I'm in.

What else can a player do to stop these rebels? I mean the rest of my Civ is perfectly fine with my reign. I've done everything I can think of at my tech level that one can do in vanilla BTS. The only thing I haven't done that is recommended by the mod is go to war, which I can't do because I don't have the units to do so as this is very early in the game. That and I've been doing almost nothing but building up things that will keep my people happy that I haven't been able to build the military units I would like too! :confused:

Ah, about dynamic city names, I'll post some ideas later today. It is great in Revolutions, it just needs some tweaks for FfH

After seeing People's Republic of Bannor, and People's Republic of Clan of Embers (!) I remembered my promise.

So.. First of, what parameters are we allowed to use, beside civics? Known techs? Number of cities? Specific civs?

Civ Name Tribe - Used as long as you are running a tribalism and a single city

Civ Name Clan/Kinship - Same, to provide variety

Chiefdom of Civ Name - As long as you use tribalism, have more than one city, and have no more advanced names to use. Also preferred with Despotism

Civ Name Tribal Confederacy - City States and Tribalism

Union/League/Federation of Civ Name - City states with more advanced labor

Despotate (?) of Civ Name - Despotism

Kingdom of Civ Name - God King or Aristocracy

Civ Name Kingdom - Same

Civ Name Feudal Monarchy - Aristocracy

United Duchies (/Counties) of Civ Name- Aristocracy

Holy Kingdom of Civ Name - Theocracy

Now, is this possible - if you switch from Republic to Theocracy, you are Civ Name Holy Republic, if you switch from God King you are Civ Name Holy Kingdom or Holy Empire.

Also, Holy Kingdom/Republic can be gained for Order and Social Order civilizations.

Enlightened Republic of Civ Name - Empyrean with Republic
Enlightened Monarchy of Civ Name - Empyrean with God King or Aristocracy, alternatively monarchy with Liberty and Guilds
Enlightened Despotism of Civ Name - Same with Despotism

Civ Name Republic - Self Explanatory

Merchant Republic of Civ Name - Republic with Mercantilism/Foreign Trade economy.

Peasant's Republic of Civ Name - Republic with Agriculture economy, Liberty and anything but slavery?

Edit -

Divine Empire for Theocracy .

'Empire' for any Kingdoms that grow strong enough and attain enough mid/late era techs

Chosen people of (civ) - Tribalism with religion

Noble Republic - Republic Switching to Aristocracy, and reverse.

Principality of Calabim - For centralist Calabim (they are ruled by Prince, not King)

Tribe of (City Name) - Tribalism with only one city - nation is lost or not even formed yet

Province of (City Name) - One city vassal

City State of (City Name) - City State with only one city

I'm playing a game with the Svartalfar right now and having lots of fun :)

I've noticed an issue though. I'm using flexible difficulty so there is a line of text right above the scoreboard telling me what difficulty I'm currently playing at. problem is that if there's a minor civ in the scoreboard, it "floods" over the text about difficulty making it impossible to contact the civ that ends up below it :D

@Gekko:

The icon is in the FiRe SDK already. It's going to be the default desktop icon as soon as the next version is ready. Nice suggestion. :)

I remember to have seen this interface issue too, but forgot about it. Will be fixed in the next version.

@Arkham:

There are two groups of things affecting the rebelliousness of citizens. Nation-wide effects and local city effects. Since only your capital suffers you'll have to do something about the city effects there. Bad things are unhealthiness, unhappiness, non-state religions in the city (very bad if running godking, theocracy, crusade), foreign citizens (especially when running nationalism), rebellious mind and probably some more things. I would need to take a closer look at jdog5000's code to tell you more, but I'm not at home for a few days. So this is kind of difficult at the moment. It would make things a lot easier if all the relevant values could be displayed ingame, but that's not the case for now. Maybe Jdog5000 will do something about it in the future. If not, than I have another point on my todo list.

@TheJopa:

That's a very nice list you've made there. Thanks, it'll certainly help a lot as soon as I find the time to do something about all these commie nations popping up on Erebus. :) The things you propose should be possible. If not, I'll try to make them possible. Promise. As far as I can tell, civics and number of cities affect the names. Not sure about other things. I'll have to check it out.

The list of civic effects is quite a long one and it certainly needs some tweaking in the future. You might want to take a look at the civics XML file for deatailed values. An explanation what each option is doing you can find in the file Civics_XML_FAQ.htm in the mod's docs directory. There is a lot of other useful information in this directory too.

Edit: Sorry for all the uncertainties in my explanations, but I'm not a Revolution expert either. I should be one, I know, but you wouldn't believe how much code jdog500 produced. Until know I spent my time mainly with fixing incompatibilities between Revolution and Fall from Heaven. Now comes the journey of discovering what's going on behind the scenes in detail and tweak it for FfH or remove it entirely, if necessary. We are all in this together.

Top Bottom