First Look: Sumeria

-declares joint war with norway-

Anyway, do we know what bonuses goody huts give this time around? Could be a very powerful ability, especially since the war... box on wheels seems effective for clearing camps

-declares joint war with norway-

Anyway, do we know what bonuses goody huts give this time around? Could be a very powerful ability, especially since the war... box on wheels seems effective for clearing camps

I believe we've seen free scouts, Eurekas, Inspirations, and relics at least.

Could someone please explain the pillaging in this video? When the city is captured you see the improvements getting pillage along with some building in the district. I don't think this is a UA or LUA as nothing was mentioned in the video so is this a general pillaging rule that's different than that of Civ5?

Guys, the video says they share pillage rewards and experience, not that they give pillage rewards and experience. I assume the sharing goes bq oth ways.
I guess this is the explanation, and it makes the UA quite good I think. Of course you need to focus on the joint wars, but once you got those going receiving the XP (and pillage rewards) seem very good. It's hard to say your easy and how many joint wars you'll have but I will try and get them going and then snipe out all the cities I want or don't want my ally to have ;)

I think its the other way around. Science always, and culture if adjacent to a river.

The actual quote from the video is: "It provides science as well as culture when it's adjacent to a river." That phrasing is ambiguous, unfortunately, but I think it probably does mean you always get science from a Ziggurat, with culture being conditional.

I thought it's "If next to a river: grants science and culture"
So it always grants both but must be build next to a river. :confused:

"If" suggests that it can be built not next to a river too. There's a shot in the video of a zig that might be landlocked. Hard to tell because it's at the bottom of the screen.

Science all the time, culture when it's next to the river.

don't get the Warmonger penalty when you declare war on anyone at war with your allies for the whole game (Unique to Gilgamesh)

"If" suggests that it can be built not next to a river too.

You could do that. But than you'd get neither science nor culture.

"It provides science as well as culture when it's adjacent to a river."

can be

"It provides (science as well as culture) when it's adjacent to a river." OR
"It provides science as well as (culture when it's adjacent to a river)."

That beard looks amazing, technically speaking not so much on the Pericles epicness scale :)

Dont mind the epic quest as a mechanic, regardless of Historical accuracy. Sounds amazing for those 4 Player but Standard Size Map games :)
First really Scientific Civ..... yay :)
the LUA is a bit weird, it has to go both ways. Also it has to be equivalent of, rather than shared. Why would they share if they could just get full rewards separate.... idk Maybe it is only for the friend which is weird because there is no benefit for Sumer?? One thing we may be missing, with A.I anyways, is the diplomacy benefit this brings. Surely the A.I would take this huge boost they are getting from joint wars into consideration. so you are more likely to get joint wars accepted in Diplomacy. Competitive MP is a total loss though, unless Sumer is supposed to be the helper in 4 man teams...idk Also, it depends largely on the A.I which is troublesome to say the least. I'll say one thing :confused:ing as all heck.

That is a great ringlet beard tho ;)

You could do that. But than you'd get neither science nor culture.

What a nice use of a builder charge...

Anyway, from Pete Murray on reddit about the Ziggurat and leader ability

from FXS_PeteMurray via /r/civ sent 4 minutes ago
show parent
You are correct. Science all the time, culture when it's next to the river.
No, it's a one-way deal (or at least it was the last time I checked).

What a nice use of a builder charge...

Anyway, from Pete Murray on reddit about the Ziggurat and leader ability

from FXS_PeteMurray via /r/civ sent 4 minutes ago
show parent
You are correct. Science all the time, culture when it's next to the river.
No, it's a one-way deal (or at least it was the last time I checked).

Add this too: don't get the Warmonger penalty when you declare war on anyone at war with your allies, Unique to Gilgamesh

UA - Epic Quest: When you capture a barbarian outpost, you get a tribal village reward.

UU - War Cart: No penalties to fighting Spearmen or other anti-cavalry units. Extra movement if starting on flat terrain. 30 strength.

UI - Ziggurat: Grants science and, if adjacent to a river, culture. Cannot be built on a hill.

LUA - Adventures with Enkidu: During a Joint War, Sumeria shares pillage rewards and combat experience with closest allied unit within 5 tiles.

Strange LUA, doesn't do anything for the civ whatsoever, not sure how I feel about that..

Yea, I'm never gonna play as this dude :) No matter how friendly my ally is, I wouldn't want to give him free XP - sooner or later my ally will be my enemy.

Assuming Sumeria benefits from the pillaging and experience of allied units, then there's going to be a lot of manoeuvring to make sure Sumerian units are within 5 hexes. Will keep the Sumeria player on his toes.

Edit: looks like Sumeria doesn't get these benefits. Hmm...

Top Bottom