[R&F] First Rise and Fall livestream on Dec 13th

What's so weird about Pingala? Amani looks like a Siamese cat crossed with a lemur. :p
Maybe the fact that his head has even weirder shape than that of Qin Shi Huang? :p

I absolutely spam them. Gold is gold.
For some reason, I quite can't take that person much seriously after they said that Kongo is the worst Civ in game.

Btw. I love CH's too! Money is super good for purchasing units if you need them now or buying buildings in districts to make your new cities well developed fast. :D
I also remember my very successful game as the Ottoman Empire in EU4. I've been gaining about 100 ducats per month from trade and manufactures, and I used my gold whenever I needed to get out of a war I didn't want to be in. For example when I was in war with Portugal (incredibly strong colonial nation that annexed Great Britain and thus had numerous colonies around the world), I just gave them 6000 ducats and got out of it. But that's something completely different.

Last edited:
I would assume that the carnival project would just be a souped up bread and circuses project. So presumably you will get loyalty + amenities + GP points. If that is the case, that would definitely make them much stronger.
Great, because Emperor Satan of Brazil needs more power. :p

Great, because Emperor Satan of Brazil needs more power. :p
I'm just playing as Japan and I've met all but one Civ. I pray for it not being Brazil, since I'm going for SV and I'm going to have a wide empire with quite many Campuses, and thus many great scientists :p

(btw. An interesting situation occured there. Macedon was destroyed before I could meet it. By Australia, the Civ that dislikes others occupying other cities. And John Curtin has hidden agenda: Paranoid :p)

I too wish they would add renaming civilization leaders in this game. You can rename your player name in multiplayer hot seat, why not your civilization name? You can even make a custom religion, but not a custom civilization leader? Strange. I often make my custom religion if it's a religion not normally associated with a civilization, like in my current Aztec game, it would be weird to give them eastern orthodoxy.

Sorry, I didnt read the whole thread, but is it just me or is the part of the dedication bonus with +4 Great Prophet points in the Renaissance Era kind of senseless, because in the most cases there wont be any GP you still can get. In fact, on higher difficulties it is only viable if you get it in the classical Era but I cant say yet how easy it will be to get your first golden age in the Classical Era.

I too wish they would add renaming civilization leaders in this game. You can rename your player name in multiplayer hot seat, why not your civilization name? You can even make a custom religion, but not a custom civilization leader? Strange. I often make my custom religion if it's a religion not normally associated with a civilization, like in my current Aztec game, it would be weird to give them eastern orthodoxy.
On which note, I miss being able to rename religions, too. (Yes, you can name your custom religions, but you can't use the traditional religion symbols and give them a custom name anymore. :( )

I see everyone is discussing new buildings, wonders, districts. This is all nice, but ....civ is not about buildings. Its about units.
This is why this stream was a big dissapointment.
You can count awsome bonuses , which Seowon will bring , count more and more numbers, but it will all end with brainless waves of modern "Deighty" armors dying under my barrage.
I wish dev will show some action : "Look, how smart AI is. Look, how is he protecting his vunerable units. Look, AI is not focusing my encampment, but my units "
Instead of this I saw new, exctinig Seowon and useless Hwacha.

Oh, I forgot. "Look, AI used his artillery in proper way! And he used his planes to attack me!"
This is what this game needs, not another buildings/districts/wonders.

I see everyone is discussing new buildings, wonders, districts. This is all nice, but ....civ is not about buildings. Its about units.
Speak for yourself. In an average game of Civ, I build two (maybe three) slingers and maybe upgrade them as far as crossbowmen if I have lots of barbarians or aggressive neighbors.

Sorry, I didnt read the whole thread, but is it just me or is the part of the dedication bonus with +4 Great Prophet points in the Renaissance Era kind of senseless, because in the most cases there wont be any GP you still can get. In fact, on higher difficulties it is only viable if you get it in the classical Era but I cant say yet how easy it will be to get your first golden age in the Classical Era.
It puzzled me, too. There may be an explanation. They said that the dedications can appear in multiple eras and that they are still in development (obviously). So maybe it was just an error and this dedication should only appear in classical and medieval eras.

I'm really curious to see all dedications for all ages. We already know 4 of the golden age dedications (presumably the same as for a heroic age). For a normal age, we know that you can choose a way to earn more era points - but we've only seen one of those. I wonder if this is the same for dark ages, or if there are different dedications for dark ages.

Last edited:
This is why this stream was a big dissapointment.
You can count awsome bonuses , which Seowon will bring , count more and more numbers, but it will all end with brainless waves of modern "Deighty" armors dying under my barrage.
I wish dev will show some action : "Look, how smart AI is. Look, how is he protecting his vunerable units. Look, AI is not focusing my encampment, but my units "
Instead of this I saw new, exctinig Seowon and useless Hwacha.

Oh, I forgot. "Look, AI used his artillery in proper way! And he used his planes to attack me!"
This is what this game needs, not another buildings/districts/wonders.
But one of the ways you distinguish a civilization apart from other society is by urban development, along with government, social classes, culture, technological advancement and a system of communication. Military is not necessary needed. And to an extent the Unique Unit and units, in general, are not usually the reason why I pick a Civ to play, although they can be fun at times. (Other than Alexander) :shifty:

Some discoveries
1:pike and Shot, 250 prod, 55 strength, metal casting, seems not very interesting, but in fact influence the current Knight/Cavalry based domination a lot, may switch to Musketman/Infantry based.

2:-20% cost for science and culture behind era, while +20% cost for ahead. It seems that it discourage beelining and make your tech-tree more balanced, but in fact it encourages beelining since player is always ahead of world era, making balanced research basically +20% for every tech, while beelined research only +20% for the beelined techs and do not receive malus on other techs.

2:-20% cost for science and culture behind era, while +20% cost for ahead. It seems that it discourage beelining and make your tech-tree more balanced, but in fact it encourages beelining since player is always ahead of world era, making balanced research basically +20% for every tech, while beelined research only +20% for the beelined techs and do not receive malus on other techs.

Interesting information.

Though wouldn't the comparison be based on the "global/game era" versus the "player era"? That would make more sense to me, assuming that the progress of the global era is not only tied to the civ that is most ahead in civics and/or techs. But we still have to get more information about the advancement of the global era.

Edit: Also could you indicate where you did found this information? I am curious how this is stated.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty sure any tech costs related to eras would always be based on the global era, not the player era. Hopefully they do a good job at balancing and calculating the global era - I'd hate to spend a whole game with +20% tech costs if they can't advance the eras fast enough.

On which note, I miss being able to rename religions, too. (Yes, you can name your custom religions, but you can't use the traditional religion symbols and give them a custom name anymore. :( )

I actually prefer this way, honestly. I'm tired seeing players name a religion inappropriately and choose "crescent/star" or the "elongated plus sign" as the symbol. Etc.

I actually prefer this way, honestly. I'm tired seeing players name a religion inappropriately and choose "crescent/star" or the "elongated plus sign" as the symbol. Etc.
I am sure that it's for this reason why they are fixed names.

Don't forget the "captain's wheel," the Chinese character, the Sanskrit letter, the two interlocking equilateral triangles, the winged bearded man, and such.

People nowadays should learn to respect other cultures - no matter how they loathe it. It's just a game, but the way you think reflect the way you act in life.

True. But in Civ5 I liked renaming Eastern Orthodoxy to Syriac Orthodoxy, since Oriental Orthodoxy is unlikely to ever be added.

Am I the only one that thinks having the same name and portrait every time makes it easier to recognize them and thus abilities very easy?
I think it's a huge plus. Civ game is all stats anyway. This gives an easy visual reminder of a subset of said stats.

Am I the only one that thinks having the same name and portrait every time makes it easier to recognize them and thus abilities very easy?
I think it's a huge plus. Civ game is all stats anyway. This gives an easy visual reminder of a subset of said stats.

Actually, I was about to post the same thing. Additionally, their appearance in the city header bar allows you to instantly see [and since they stay the same] recognize which governor you have in each city. This would appear to make it much easier to utilize this information once we get accustomed to their unique abilities, without having to open each city to see who the advisor is that is in that city, and which cities you have governors in. For someone who always plays the same civ, this might not matter, but I like to play random civs until I reach the point where I'm selecting the civ I play just to ensure I play them all. So having the same portrait, at least [names don't really matter to me] allows for quick recognition of governor and abilities.

Top Bottom