1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[FIXED] allied maritime CS bug ???

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by Gbest, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Gbest

Gbest Chieftain

After the patch an allied maritime CS should provide +3 food in capital. but it still provides +4 food as before. With other cities works fine: +1 if you have an allied CS. I started a new game (with england) to see if it is indeed so. And I've got the same result. the attached saved game is made just before making an alliance with a maritime CS.

2. Janig

Janig Prince

without checking it i say its not a bug. its the 50% tradition food growth bonus u get.

3. EscapedGoat

EscapedGoat Warlord

I can confirm this from my game as well, i had 2 martime CS allies and my capital had 10 food in the city square. It should have been 8 food (2+3+3)

4. Gbest

Gbest Chieftain

it's nothing about tradition. because it's about the +4 food in the city square and i only picked social policies from the liberty tree. maybe it's just something diffrent from the 2kgreg post with the changes from the new patch. like that one with the armored units city attack penalty increased at 50%, when in fact it's reduced to 33%.

5. Janig

Janig Prince

you get bigger cs bonuses in early eras i think

6. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

After looking at the save file I'll confirm the bug. At the beginning of the turn, London produces 8 food, with no surplus. I then gift 500 gold to the Maritime CS of Genoa and we become allies. London now produces 12 food with a surplus of 4. See the first attached screenshot. It shows Genoa is providing 3 food to my capital. However, the mouseover in the second screenshot shows Genoa provides 4 food to my capital. Someone mentioned that CS bonuses can change during the game. That's true, but it appears that food bonuses don't change. See the attached extract from GlobalAIDefines.xml:

Code:
    <Row Name="FRIENDS_CAPITAL_FOOD_BONUS_AMOUNT_PRE_RENAISSANCE">
    			<Value>2</Value>
    		</Row>
    		<Row Name="FRIENDS_CAPITAL_FOOD_BONUS_AMOUNT_POST_RENAISSANCE">
    			<Value>2</Value>
    		</Row>
    		<Row Name="FRIENDS_OTHER_CITIES_FOOD_BONUS_AMOUNT_PRE_RENAISSANCE">
    			<Value>0</Value>
    		</Row>
    		<Row Name="FRIENDS_OTHER_CITIES_FOOD_BONUS_AMOUNT_POST_RENAISSANCE">
    			<Value>0</Value>
    		</Row>
    		<Row Name="ALLIES_CAPITAL_FOOD_BONUS_AMOUNT">
    			<Value>1</Value>
    		</Row>
    		<Row Name="ALLIES_OTHER_CITIES_FOOD_BONUS_AMOUNT">
    			<Value>1</Value>
    This appears to be correct and the bonus are the same for both pre- and post-renaissance. Perhaps the extra food is being picked up from somewhere else.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

Attached Files: