1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing revolutions.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by crazyewok, May 23, 2016.

1. Arkenor

Arkenor Warlord

It's normal for Emperor at that very early point, aye.

I think rebellious spirit comes from previous revolution pop-up, from rejecting the option to be overthrown and replaced. I'd been getting them for quite a few turns by the time I took the screenshot. So once you've got one revolution, it tends to snowball faster than you can rectify the situation.

The report of multiple revolt popups per turn (for the same city) is also true. The rapidity at which the revolution level changes, and revolts occur makes me wonder if it is properly accounting for my game speed (Snail).

2. majaczek

majaczek Warlord

well I play on normal game speed, but I learned I need to rush for civics to make me immune to revolutions. At Language it's stable, at Oral Tradition it's improving a bit. If you want you may see into revolutiometer for your empire. Those few Civics you can change early are Neccessary. If you got straight to hunting you will get revolutions before old revolution go out, so you would be locked.

3. Shadowclaw

Shadowclaw Chieftain

Does obsolete buildings affect revolutions? Because I have in "good" and "bad" buildings lists long obsolete buildings. And it seems, they are affecting revolutions. Am I wrong?

4. majaczek

majaczek Warlord

probably not.

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Good question. I'd have to look too deeply into the code to resolve this question at the moment but I'll keep the question in mind and if I see any evidence either way I'll make sure to mention so on the forum.

6. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

Hold on, you guys removed Rev from v36? At least tell me you left BarbCivs in. :please:

7. Shadowclaw

Shadowclaw Chieftain

There are Barb civs in the SVN version.

8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

No we did not remove Rev. I would've been ecstatic If we had!

What Are you doing with your C2C game files?

JosEPh :crazyeye:

9. Mouthwash

There does not appear to be any Revolutions bar in the lower-right city screen, and the Revolutions advisor button opens up the Domestic advisor. I am using the patch to v36 you gave in your thread, and have done absolutely no tampering to the game outside of fixing some city-names.

Do you actually type out "JosEPh :crazyeye:" every time you post?

10. sunrisereader

sunrisereader Warlord

you need to turn on Revolutions in the options while creating the game

11. Mouthwash

I did this, that was the first thing I checked. Maybe the game still interprets it as being turned off, somehow? It was disabled by default, along with Barbcivs.

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Last ? 1st, answer Yes. :D

There was work done in the City Screen and that info may have been removed. I'm not sure on that as I don't use Rev but for an occasional test game. And that has been awhile. Rev imhpo is so Broken as to be of little use to anyone but the Player as an Exploit. Those that use it will always win unless they play really badly.

And here you go! ;)

JosEPh :)

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Correct, you have to Uncheck the box to activate Rev. If you left the box Checked No Rev in your game. See Screenshot. In this instance Rev is Off.

But as T-brd posted BUG Option screen has many details that can be activated for Rev.

JosEPh

Attached Files:

15. Mouthwash

Yes I did THAT VERY THING. Maybe Rev is on, and I don't know it. Is there any foolproof way to check? AFAIK no city as yet broken away from any civ, and no Barb city has become a minor civ.

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

You are playing a 5,000 turn Game Speed you know. Scale and all that. So, how many turns have you completed?

JosEPh :)

17. Mouthwash

Uh, I think 500-600?

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

So do you have Writing researched yet? Or do any of the AI?

Iirc, A Barb Civ won't turn Minor Civ until several Civs have Writing researched. The Barb Civ trigger is based off Writing and regular game Civs (player and AI) coming out of Minor Civ status. Plus the Barb Civ city while in Barbarian status has to reach a set # of turns being a city or a set city size. I'm fuzzy on which one it is atm.

JosEPh

20. Noriad2

Noriad2 Emperor

Incorrect. I've had a barb city turn into a regular city before anyone discovered writing (regular V36, minor civs option on). I've checked a save game to confirm. Also in the BUG options (revDCM tab) there is a minimum city size for barbarian civ, which is set to 3 but can be changed.