Formula 1 2009

I really hope Schumacher wins in Valencia. Who would have been wanting him to win a grand prix a few years ago? Strange how things work.

Webber, Button, both Brits.

I think you just insulted all the Aussies in this forum. :lol:

Massa doesn't remember a thing, but he's pissed he didn't win!

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=46536

Felipe Massa says he has absolutely no recollection of his freak accident in Hungary - but reckons it prevented him from winning the race.

The Brazilian has pleased doctors with the speed of his recovery from the head injuries sustained when a spring from Rubens Barrichello's car hit him during qualifying at the Hungaroring, leaving him semi-conscious and unable to control his Ferrari as it ploughed into the barriers.

He was placed in an induced coma after surgery on skull damage, but has made good progress since and is set to be flown back to Brazil tomorrow.

"I know I'm lucky to be alive," Massa told the News of the World.
"I don't remember anything about the accident but I will race again.

"When I woke up I didn't know why I was in hospital, so I was asking 'why am I here?'

"I was pulling all the tubes and Eduardo, my brother, tried to stop me - so we had a fight.

"The accident was so unlucky but I know I'm lucky to be alive.

"I don't remember anything of what happened."

Massa added that when he learned how his team-mate Kimi Raikkonen had fared in the following day's race, he was convinced that he could have won had the accident not ruled him out.

"It was my race, so when I awoke from the coma I couldn't believe it when they told me Lewis [Hamilton] had won and Kimi was second," he said.

Publicity stunt? Boring Badoer looks like he will be driving in Valencia.

What a disappointment. Perhaps his neck will heal in time to still do some races.

Rubens wins Euro GP! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Even the Kimster almost congratulated him.

Yeah, I'm pleased for him, he drove well all weekend. Puts him back in the championship hunt as well.

I'm pleased for Barrichello. The Ferrari people were congratulating him!

To Spa!

Anybody else notice the new warning lights at the end of the straights right in the driver's field of vision as he approaches the corner? They are amazing? I hope to see them at all the road race circuits before the end of next year.

FISICHELLA! FISICHELLA! FISICHELLA!

Wonderful to see two Italians at 1st and 2nd. However, what happens in the race tomorrow could be very different, as everybody knows.

Also nice to hear rumours of Fisichella going to Ferrari in time for Monza.

Fisi one second behind Kimi. :(

Kers ftw...

That is weird. It would let me put either acronym in all caps...

Top Bottom