Fox06 -- Need For Speed

Well ... he IS the man from Nantucket ... what else would you expect?

GUYS GUYS! I JUST LOOKED AT THE SAVE ... MONTY HAS ANOTHER CITY IN THE SOUTH!

EDIT: :gripe: :gripe: Didn't I say position troops to make sure Monty doesn't land a settler on the West Coast? Didn't I say I had sent Keshiks south to look for possible cities since I saw that Jaguar? :gripe: :gripe:

Okay, just press enter, huh. Well, more like press the right arrow three times, then win. Can do.

Done. So...um...where's my missle in the office building? Mother fu...

Say hell, friends, to Ghuzz, the worst piece of sh-t Montezuma ever crapped out.

Okay, route a butt-load of Kheshiks who were previously sitting around, add a pinch of mint, stir...

Bingo. Dead everybody. So where're my fu--ing missles through fu--ing office buildings?!?

Okay, it just took a bit.

Notice, it even asked me what to build in Ghuzz before my satisfaction. Anyhow, on with the show!

Yay us! Anyhow, summaries. Persia dead 130 BC

Followed by Egypt at 80 AD

We then had a dry period up until about 550-ish then we rapid-fire killed everybody but Monty. (The 80 AD to 550 was when we needed cats to kill anything)

And finally...

A well satisfied khan

Thank you, Fox, for a fun variant and a game that, indeed, turned out to be fast.

:goodjob: Rex! Nice to see you overcoming GreyFox's hastily-not-paying-attention!

Replay?

Nice finish Rexxie!

That was a fun refreshing interlude. I think a Non-Oscillating War at Monarch would be a good idea.

ChrTh, was that the peacenik brainwashing camp game? That was a blast.

Edit: and I do agree with ChriTh. War Weariness is broken in CivIV. Strict NOW would cripple you on anything apove Noble. Of course, you could play something like 10 turns between and clear it up, I think.

I would be interested after I'm done with my monkey business game.

May be a monarch non-AW, same variant. Anyone interested?

Well it was a blast and a fun game. With good old fashioned 20 20 hindsight Prince was too easy but at the start I thought it would be genuinely tricky.

I would be interested in a Monarch NOW but we need to find a way for the game not to be overly damaged by dodgy WW Mechanics.

Disappears off to investigate Berserks01 Monkey game ....

Ralph

It's not just the War Weariness that kills you in NOW games, it's maintenance. You either have to leave a lot of open territory (which the Civs that you're not at war with are constantly trying to settle) or cripple your economy by expanding too fast. You also deal with the fact that Civs at peace research faster. And Xenu forbid any are on a different landmass and allowed to grow peacefully.

Make it a Terra map. The capitols will not be all that far away, the neighbors will build close to your borders and you can just pick them off one by one. And if you set Barbarians to Raging they will help keep the neighbors under control for a while anyway. The land will fill up fast enough that the threat will dissipate pretty quickly

And the possibility that the last one or two standing will settle the New World justs adds some spice to the end game.

I'm playing just that kind of game right now and War Weariness is manageable.

Cleo has an early, fast and effective UU and is Creative to boot, I think, a real help on that kind of map,

Top Bottom