Fox10 - The Real Thing

Nice turns! Fabulous.

I think we need to send some reinforcements for the troops in India, they are weeding down. We should probably also pillage all those cottages Gandhi has in the middle of India. Meanwhile, perhaps moving the troops eastward towards Gilgamesh is best, and once they hit the border, Gandhi should be a non-factor (same as Churchill). We will mop them up with tanks.

We can consider building the Industrial Park for free engineer. Once Combustion and Plastics are in, consider going Music to build the Cathedral for 2 more hammers.

rolo, is that a got it?

--
EDIT:Consider building a

rolo, is that a got it?

No..... Cable is next, I'm on deck.

Game wise I would say that we need to hurry..... not that we have big fears techwise, but simbly because Oz was greedy to the bone ( I bet we don't have Al as well :gripe: ) . If a AI gets combustion before we get plastics we are toast....

And I think that something is missing from your post :lol:

Nothing is missing, just that I forgot to delete the "Consider building a" which I have already said about Ind Park. ;)

Not according to my latest roster -- You are up and cable is after pawelo. I tend to follow the latest order of play instead of strictly adhering to roster of first post.

So, You Are UP.

you can ofcourse ask for a swap.

Oh, and one more thing™: It was hard to do so, but I didn't bother with Broadway (8 turns) nor with the Pentagon (13 turns), guess those hammers are better spent on troops...

@GreyFox:

You really think that my turnset was fabulous ? No gripes ? What's the matter with you ? Are you ill ? :lol:

Imhotep

Broadway and Pentagon are a waste of hammers. We need to hit the AI with all that we have right now. Immy - did you not use the morale grenadier to take non-hill cities? That's what he's in the stack for... And the last combat should have 99.9%> odds so he'll be safe from counter attacks.

I would not attack Cyrus's city yet. Wait a turn or two for his SoD to attack us first. We need to make sure we kill his mobile force before we start attacking his city or he may catch that stack when it is vulnerable.

Sorry for the delay... this ate most of my weekend ( to say the truth I only slept 2 h Sunday just to finish it :coffee: ) and was too sleepy to play this all yesterday night... but back to business:

Cyrus gave us a smile....
Spoiler :

That didn't last long... guess why
Spoiler :

Our Indian stack did his thing too ( p.s We need to rethink what we are doing in India... The stack is far too small and out dated for the job, but we are in no position to reinforce it soon... and we have airships attacking us )
Spoiler :

Some luck and one more Persian city to go
Spoiler :

From there the stack walked to persian capitol.... here is part of the reason:
Spoiler :

That turn we had 3 naval stacks to deal: Shaka ,cyrus and gandhi (!) tried to land troops ... BTW Shaka is still pilling units there... I believe that next player will face a major shaka Sod next turnset.

We got a GM... merged of course
Spoiler :

And after another raze in India ( forgot the screenie ) we started trailing to the indian airship base:
Spoiler :

Because of them we have 2 march rifles in stack.... but I think it is doable ( P.S That city also anchors some galleons... noob AI )

We got combustion in last IBT... research set in plastics ( 19 turns @ current spending ). City set in Industrial Park, no hammers invested ( sorry for delaying this so much, but we needed more ships of the line and also some marines ( shipped in south ,destination to be set by next player ) )

Log
Spoiler :
Logging by BUG Mod 2.11 (BtS 3.13)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 442/750 (1852 AD) [29-Jan-2008 14:34:11]
While attacking in Indian territory at Varanasi, 48th Light Infantry Corps (Rifleman) defeats (11.48/14): Indian Rifleman (Prob Victory: 88.0%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Varanasi, Rifleman defeats (11.76/14): Indian Cavalry (Prob Victory: 98.7%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Varanasi, Grenadier 1 of Cuzco (Grenadier) defeats (9.12/12): Indian Catapult (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Varanasi, 48th Light Infantry Corps (Rifleman) defeats (14.00/14): Indian Trebuchet (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Varanasi, Woodie (Grenadier) defeats (12.00/12): Indian Cavalry (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Varanasi, Rifleman defeats (14.00/14): Indian Trebuchet (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Varanasi, Rifleman defeats (14.00/14): Indian Trebuchet (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Varanasi, Grenadier 2 of Cuzco (Grenadier) defeats (12.00/12): Indian Cavalry (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Ship of the Line 3 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) promoted: Blitz
Cuzco finishes: Marine

IBT:
While defending in the wild, Infantry defeats (5.00/20): Sumerian Cavalry (Prob Victory: 96.5%)
While defending on the high seas near uMgungundlovu, Ship of the Line 3 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) defeats (4.16/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 91.4%)
While defending on the high seas near uMgungundlovu, Ship of the Line 3 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) loses to: Zulu Frigate (2.96/8) (Prob Victory: 15.8%)

Turn 443/750 (1853 AD) [29-Jan-2008 14:40:44]
Cuzco begins: Ship of the Line (1 turns)
While attacking in Indian territory at Varanasi, 48th Light Infantry Corps (Rifleman) defeats (14.00/14): Indian Rifleman (Prob Victory: 98.5%)
While attacking on the high seas, Frigate 2 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (2.24/8): Persian Frigate (Prob Victory: 98.0%)
While attacking on the high seas, Frigate defeats (8.00/8): Persian Frigate (Prob Victory: 90.9%)
While attacking on the high seas, Frigate defeats (8.00/8): Persian Galleon (Prob Victory: 99.6%)
While attacking on the high seas, Frigate 4 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (8.00/8): Persian Galleon (Prob Victory: 99.6%)
While attacking just off shore near Persepolis, Frigate defeats (4.64/8): Persian Galleon (Prob Victory: 98.7%)
Infantry promoted: Combat III
Rifleman promoted: Medic II
While attacking in Indian territory at Varanasi, Rifleman defeats (14.00/14): Indian Cavalry (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Rifleman promoted: March
While attacking in Indian territory at Varanasi, Rifleman defeats (12.88/14): Indian Cavalry (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Varanasi, 48th Light Infantry Corps (Rifleman) defeats (11.48/14): Indian Longbowman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Varanasi, Rifleman defeats (14.00/14): Indian Swordsman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Judaism has spread: Varanasi
Buddhism has spread: Varanasi
Captured Varanasi (Gandhi)
Razed Varanasi
Judaism has been removed: Varanasi
Buddhism has been removed: Varanasi
Varanasi lost
Grenadier 1 of Cuzco (Grenadier) promoted: Combat III
Cuzco finishes: Ship of the Line

IBT:
While defending in the wild, Rifleman defeats (14.00/14): Sumerian Cavalry (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending just off shore near Persepolis, Frigate defeats (1.60/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 66.8%)
While defending just off shore near Persepolis, Frigate 4 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (8.00/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 79.1%)
While defending in Incan territory at Cuzco, Ship of the Line 4 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) defeats (8.00/8): Zulu Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 98.1%)
While defending just off shore near Persepolis, Frigate 4 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (8.00/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in Incan territory at Cuzco, Ship of the Line 4 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) defeats (8.00/8): Zulu Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 98.1%)

Turn 444/750 (1854 AD) [29-Jan-2008 14:56:45]
Cuzco begins: Marine (2 turns)
Frigate promoted: Drill IV
Frigate promoted: Combat II
A Fort was built
While attacking on the high seas, Ship of the Line 1 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) defeats (6.96/8): Persian Frigate (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Ethiopian territory near Norwich, Frigate 7 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (6.24/8): English Caravel (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Ethiopian territory near Norwich, Frigate 6 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (6.24/8): English Caravel (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Artillery promoted: Combat II
Trebuchet 1 of Cuzco (Artillery) promoted: Combat II
Artillery promoted: City Raider II
Marine 1 of Cuzco (Marine) promoted: Combat I
Marine 1 of Cuzco (Marine) promoted: Combat II
Marine 1 of Cuzco (Marine) promoted: Combat III
Cuzco grows: 26

IBT:
While defending in Persian territory at Ecbatana, 48th Artillery Corps (Artillery) defeats (18.00/18): Persian Catapult (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in Persian territory near Ecbatana, Frigate 4 of Cuzco (Frigate) loses to: Zulu Frigate (2.48/8) (Prob Victory: 79.1%)
While defending in Persian territory at Ecbatana, Frigate defeats (3.68/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 71.2%)

Turn 445/750 (1855 AD) [29-Jan-2008 15:04:11]
While attacking in Persian territory at Ecbatana, Ship of the Line defeats (5.52/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Persian territory at Ecbatana, 48th Infantry Corps (Infantry) defeats (12.80/20): Persian Longbowman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Persian territory at Ecbatana, 48th Infantry Corps (Infantry) defeats (18.80/20): Persian Musketman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Persian territory at Ecbatana, 48th Infantry Corps (Infantry) defeats (17.20/20): Persian Grenadier (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Persian territory at Ecbatana, 48th Infantry Corps (Infantry) defeats (16.60/20): Persian Longbowman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Persian territory at Ecbatana, Infantry defeats (17.60/20): Persian Grenadier (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Persian territory at Ecbatana, Infantry defeats (17.60/20): Persian Grenadier (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Persian territory at Ecbatana, Isoroku Yamamoto (Infantry) defeats (18.80/20): Persian Catapult (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Judaism has spread: Ecbatana
Buddhism has spread: Ecbatana
Captured Ecbatana (Cyrus)
Razed Ecbatana
Judaism has been removed: Ecbatana
Buddhism has been removed: Ecbatana
Ecbatana lost
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Frigate 1 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (8.00/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 93.4%)
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Frigate 8 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (8.00/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 93.1%)
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Frigate defeats (8.00/8): English Galleon (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Ship of the Line 5 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) defeats (5.44/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 98.9%)
Ship of the Line 5 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) promoted: Combat I
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Ship of the Line 4 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) defeats (5.92/8): Zulu Galleon (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking on the high seas, Ship of the Line 1 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) defeats (4.08/8): Zulu Caravel (Prob Victory: 99.8%)

IBT:

Turn 446/750 (1856 AD) [29-Jan-2008 15:16:01]
Cuzco begins: Ship of the Line (1 turns)
Marine 2 of Cuzco (Marine) promoted: Combat I
Marine 2 of Cuzco (Marine) promoted: Combat II
Marine 2 of Cuzco (Marine) promoted: Combat III
Ship of the Line promoted: Combat IV
Cuzco finishes: Ship of the Line

IBT:
While defending in Persian territory near uMgungundlovu, Frigate 2 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (6.56/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 91.2%)
While defending in Persian territory near uMgungundlovu, Frigate 2 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (1.76/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 58.9%)
While defending in Persian territory near uMgungundlovu, Ship of the Line defeats (2.88/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 80.4%)
While defending in Persian territory near uMgungundlovu, Frigate defeats (8.00/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 71.2%)

Turn 447/750 (1857 AD) [29-Jan-2008 15:21:57]
Cuzco begins: Airship (1 turns)
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Frigate defeats (8.00/8): Persian Frigate (Prob Victory: 91.2%)
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Ship of the Line 5 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) defeats (6.48/8): Persian Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 86.1%)
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Ship of the Line 4 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) defeats (6.48/8): Persian Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 97.9%)
Ship of the Line 6 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) promoted: Combat I
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Ship of the Line 6 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) defeats (3.68/8): Persian Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 88.8%)
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Frigate defeats (6.24/8): Persian Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 65.8%)
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Frigate defeats (2.24/8): Persian Frigate (Prob Victory: 98.0%)
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Frigate 1 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (4.64/8): Persian Galleon (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Frigate 8 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (8.00/8): Persian Galleon (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
Ship of the Line 5 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) promoted: Combat II
Cuzco finishes: Airship
Enrico Dandolo (Great Merchant) born in Cuzco

IBT:
While defending in Indian territory at Mathura, Artillery defeats (10.98/18): Indian Catapult (Prob Victory: 99.7%)
While defending in Indian territory at Mathura, Artillery defeats (12.60/18): Indian Catapult (Prob Victory: 99.7%)

Turn 448/750 (1858 AD) [29-Jan-2008 15:29:53]
Frigate 8 of Cuzco (Frigate) promoted: Combat I
While attacking in Incan territory at Cuzco, Frigate 8 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (8.00/8): Indian Galleon (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Frigate defeats (8.00/8): Indian Galleon (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
Frigate promoted: Drill IV
While attacking in Incan territory near Cuzco, Frigate defeats (8.00/8): Indian Galleon (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
While attacking in Sumerian territory near Bad-Tibira, Infantry defeats (13.20/20): Sumerian Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.2%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Mathura, Rifleman defeats (11.90/14): Indian Cavalry (Prob Victory: 99.4%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Mathura, 48th Light Infantry Corps (Rifleman) defeats (8.82/14): Indian Grenadier (Prob Victory: 98.7%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Mathura, Rifleman defeats (8.26/14): Indian Cavalry (Prob Victory: 98.3%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Mathura, 48th Light Infantry Corps (Rifleman) defeats (14.00/14): Indian Cavalry (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Mathura, Grenadier 1 of Cuzco (Grenadier) defeats (12.00/12): Indian Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Mathura, Grenadier 2 of Cuzco (Grenadier) defeats (12.00/12): Indian Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Mathura, Woodie (Grenadier) defeats (12.00/12): Indian Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.1%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Mathura, Rifleman defeats (12.74/14): Indian Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Captured Mathura (Gandhi)
Razed Mathura
Mathura lost
Ship of the Line 6 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) promoted: Combat II
Ship of the Line 6 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) promoted: Combat III
Frigate 1 of Cuzco (Frigate) promoted: Combat II

IBT:
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, Isoroku Yamamoto (Infantry) defeats (18.80/20): Persian Cuirassier (Prob Victory: 99.5%)
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, Isoroku Yamamoto (Infantry) defeats (18.80/20): Persian Trebuchet (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, Isoroku Yamamoto (Infantry) defeats (18.80/20): Persian Trebuchet (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, Isoroku Yamamoto (Infantry) defeats (11.60/20): Persian Grenadier (Prob Victory: 99.8%)
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, 48th MG Squad (Machine Gun) defeats (13.32/18): Persian Grenadier (Prob Victory: 99.6%)
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, 48th MG Squad (Machine Gun) defeats (13.32/18): Persian Grenadier (Prob Victory: 99.6%)
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, Infantry defeats (15.80/20): Persian Trebuchet (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, Infantry defeats (14.80/20): Persian Trebuchet (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, Artillery defeats (14.40/18): Persian Trebuchet (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, 48th Artillery Corps (Artillery) defeats (15.48/18): Persian Trebuchet (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, Infantry defeats (1.00/20): Persian Cuirassier (Prob Victory: 91.8%)
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, 48th Infantry Corps (Infantry) defeats (6.60/20): Persian Cuirassier (Prob Victory: 91.8%)
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, 48th MG Squad (Machine Gun) defeats (13.32/18): Persian Grenadier (Prob Victory: 94.5%)
While defending in Persian territory at Persepolis, 48th MG Squad (Machine Gun) defeats (10.80/18): Persian Grenadier (Prob Victory: 94.5%)
While defending in Persian territory near uMgungundlovu, Frigate defeats (5.60/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 59.7%)
While defending in Persian territory near uMgungundlovu, Frigate loses to: Zulu Frigate (0.80/8) (Prob Victory: 31.9%)

Turn 449/750 (1859 AD) [29-Jan-2008 15:41:46]
Cuzco begins: Frigate (1 turns)
Isoroku Yamamoto (Infantry) promoted: Combat I
48th Infantry Corps (Infantry) promoted: Combat I
48th MG Squad (Machine Gun) promoted: Combat I
48th MG Squad (Machine Gun) promoted: Combat II
48th MG Squad (Machine Gun) promoted: Combat III
48th MG Squad (Machine Gun) promoted: Combat I
48th MG Squad (Machine Gun) promoted: Combat II
48th MG Squad (Machine Gun) promoted: Combat III
A Fort was built
While attacking in Persian territory near uMgungundlovu, Frigate defeats (7.28/8): Zulu Frigate (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Cuzco finishes: Frigate

IBT:

Turn 450/750 (1860 AD) [29-Jan-2008 15:48:55]
48th Light Infantry Corps (Rifleman) promoted: March
48th Infantry Corps (Infantry) promoted: Combat II
48th Infantry Corps (Infantry) promoted: Combat III
While attacking in Persian territory at Persepolis, 48th Infantry Corps (Infantry) defeats (9.60/20): Persian Musketman (Prob Victory: 79.7%)
While attacking in Persian territory at Persepolis, Infantry defeats (17.80/20): Persian Longbowman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Persian territory at Persepolis, 48th Infantry Corps (Infantry) defeats (7.00/20): Persian Longbowman (Prob Victory: 99.5%)
While attacking in Persian territory at Persepolis, 48th Infantry Corps (Infantry) defeats (18.00/20): Persian Longbowman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Persian territory at Persepolis, 48th Infantry Corps (Infantry) defeats (19.80/20): Persian Longbowman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Persian territory at Persepolis, 48th Infantry Corps (Infantry) defeats (18.00/20): Persian Musketman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Persian territory at Persepolis, Isoroku Yamamoto (Infantry) defeats (16.60/20): Persian Longbowman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

Logging by BUG Mod 2.11 (BtS 3.13)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 450/750 (1860 AD) [29-Jan-2008 21:57:47]
Frigate 9 of Cuzco (Frigate) promoted: Combat I
Frigate 9 of Cuzco (Frigate) promoted: Combat II
Frigate 9 of Cuzco (Frigate) promoted: Combat III
While attacking in Ethiopian territory near Norwich, Frigate 7 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (7.12/8): Ethiopian Caravel (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Ethiopian territory near Norwich, Frigate 7 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (3.28/8): Ethiopian Caravel (Prob Victory: 99.8%)
While attacking in Ethiopian territory at Debre Berhan, Frigate 6 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (8.00/8): Ethiopian Caravel (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Ethiopian territory at Debre Berhan, Frigate 6 of Cuzco (Frigate) defeats (7.12/8): Ethiopian Caravel (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Ship of the Line 5 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) promoted: Combat III
Ship of the Line 5 of Cuzco (Ship of the Line) promoted: Combat IV
Tech learned: Combustion

IBT:

Turn 451/750 (1861 AD) [29-Jan-2008 22:02:28]
Reminder: Finish....
Research begun: Plastics (19 Turns)
Cuzco begins: Industrial Park (3 turns)

Some intel:

Tech screen:
Spoiler :

I think that we will easily get plastics before anyone get near of combustion... Gandhi looks stalled and the others aren't teching well

The fronts... the Indian one worries me, persian seems under control and I really don't know from where those Ethiopian dudes appeard :lol:
Spoiler :

My only advices is to kill those bastard airships and to keep a big eye on shaka... he has a 4 galleon worth of rifles and assorted troops in that city and 4 galleons... I think that he is only waiting for a frigate + ship of the line cover to try a stunt

p.S Too :sleep: for searching a joke... will post one tomorrow

rolo, the norm of SG is to finish your last turn ... currently, it seems almost none of the units are moved in this turnset. In that case, you should have yielded the save before pressing enter in the previous turn.

I think it best to move the current marines to the small stack in Sumeria. Bring along 3-4 galleons that have returned from Persia. In Sumeria, the current stack should try to force its way west, and pillage something while waiting for the ship. Then bring them to the a few tiles west to unload and try to force a way west to combine with the Indian stack.

We are going to have another GG in 15exp or so ... consider using it on the Quecha or the Maceman in the southern fort.

I agree with rolo now is most probably the best time to build the industrial park Maybe switch to a workboat next turn in prep for oil platform and have more overflow ... this way maybe we can still finish the industrial park in 3 turns and get a workboat for free.

The two frigates near England/Ethopia should really be back home defending if there is nothing else to pillage.

Let's also bring the science rate back to 100% ... we have enough gold, and it is too troublesome to move units back for upgrade, so we don't really need to generate money (EDIT: but once oil goes online, I guess we need lots of cash for vessel upgrades -- hopefully pillaging and razing will bring more money by then).

Pawelo is UP, Cable is on deck.

About the 2 frigates: they were hunting ethiopian caravels for XP

And it looks that I forgot to resave my last turn :hammer2: ( like I said ,I really need some sleep ;) ) Sorry , Mr Fox ....

The frigate --> destroyed upgrade is VERY expensive. I think it's around 300 gold per. So don't count on buying many upgrades any time soon... I think we do have a few blitz frigates though (assuming they haven't died yet) which are worth upgrading to destroyers ASAP. The other ships can wait as they won't be able to kill naval stacks as efficiently.

The Indian front is ok. Don't press on too aggressively and take your time laying siege. We should be able to take out another city or two before the stack really starts to dwindle. Worst case, just hole up and defend on a hill until reinforcements arrive. Cyrus is under control and Shaka will be fine once we take out the SOD. So that just leaves controlling Sumeria. It seems like this game is starting to fall into place - with plastics, it'll be game over for the AI.

I dont agree with attaching a GG to the maceman or the quesha. I agree that we need another Medic, but it would more efficient to build a antitank unit that has 14 strength and will never defend. He will start out at 11xp vs the quesha which has like 1 xp now (not sure about the quesha XP, havent looked at the save).

What is the plan after Plastics? Communism for the extra production boost or fascism for the GG? Im not sure of the best path, but I do think turning research off and hiring merchants will prolly be the way to go and slowly upgrade our fleet. Or would it be better to just build Battleships and forget about upgrading except for the Blitz units?

We could also start forming a Tank, Marine, Medic, Battleship, transports group that can go around cleaning up coastal cities once plastics comes in.

GG and Upgrades

Well, I just hate wasting the quecha and the maceman ;) ... but you're probably right on the a fresh unit.

Yes, it will be really expensive to upgrade ships. So, we have to pillage and pillage and pillage. A fully grown town would yield something like 100gold with 4 pillages, so try to do that. Thus, an alternative for the Indian stack is to go pillage towns while waiting for reinforcement.

I think Shyuhe is right, we should prioritize upgrading blitz vessels.

I agree on tank/marine/battleships/transport group, but why medic? Transport should be given medic promotion. But before forming that, I would reinforce the current stacks with a couple of tanks each. The battlegroup for coastal cleanup wouldn't need arty, so we should probably focus on tanks and ship builds.

Research and Great Persons

Pardon me, but why does Communism gives hammer boost?

I would go grab music for the cathedral (adds +2 hammer and beakers) after Plastics. If we are going to forgo science after Plastics, I would consider going Police State for the 25% boost in units production.

In any case, we should focus on scientist now to get Plastics in ASAP, and then convert most into merchants or priest or engineers. Merchants is obviously for the gold and +1 food with GM; priest still beats an engineer in terms of yields; a great engineer on the other hand is unbeatable. However, we wont have many more GP born (I suspect only 3 more til the end of game), so probably priests + merchant is the way to go.

Communism would give us State property....10% production boost. Also, we currently have a farm and we are +1 on food...we could turn that farm into a workshop. I do like the idea of Police State...I didnt think about that.

police state is 25%. State property is 10%. Can we swap both at the same time for 1 turn of anarchy? Of course all of this is post-plastics.

Hmm .. since when did state-property give 10% boost? BtS? Or was it like that all along ... :blush:?

Yes, we are at +1F, but changing the farm to workshop loses 2F (one from farm and one from irrigation), making us again at +1F after starving one pop away, so no difference in terms of food. Question is only is a workshop worth a specialist.

--

At this point of the game, the best thing is to study what you have just said :coffee: and follow the expert plan :king:

One thing to be settled before playing, should I go for Varanasi airships base before starting to ramp & pillage the Indian countryside ? I think it's worthwhile, still I'm no expert :D
Will play later today or tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Will wait for rolo's updated save before playing.

Greyfox, itll take about 40 turns, give or take, for us to starve from the -1:food:. With the amount of merchants we will be running, I wouldnt be surprised if we got another one between now + whenever we research Communism + the amount of time it takes for the workers to build the workshop + the amount of time it takes to starve down 1pop. What is that....like 60 turns?

Even if we dont get a merchant, we could prebuild a farm at the workshop and only build it if we will starve down the next turn.

Up to you Pawelo, your turnset, you decide. :D I don't see any big difference either way.

I don't think there is a new save. R_rolo1 says he forgot to save his last turn, not upload the wrong save.

Cable: yeah, that's a plan. so probably we can change to a workshop, starve until we are going to minus one pop, then add back the farm. But let's see the situation when Plastics is in.

Lurkers comment
Isn't the northern farm unirrigated - if so, then you'd only lose 1 food from a workshop (-1 from losing farm, -1 from workshop, +1 from state property).

If it's the one on the river - then you could go for a waterwheel thingy instead - think it gets the +1 food from SP and provides a nice boost with all your techs.

Anyway, thanks for a great game viewed from the sidelines - you guys rock! It looks like you're on route to a win. Good luck! :)

Top Bottom