Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion for a possible build option for workers. Watchtower. When build in neutral territory, gives a 1 space visibility around it. Give it a small built in strength so that enemy will have to attack and destroy it, not capture it. Have it upgradeable, when inside cultural borders gives a 2 space visibility, can be upgraded with different techs to give more strength and visibility in later eras.

Can Forts be given a strength as well, like a built in garrison so there can be a ring of forts surrounding a city, like Verdun during WWI? Have these forts able to be built on existing improvement so they don't destroy Cottages or farms or mines. Picture a ring of these forts at your borders to give you additional response time to an invasion. And they do not cost extra maintenance like fortified units would be, they are static defense only but mobile units can still be garrisoned in them.

It is possible to relocate your palace in order to move you capitol to a more central location. Can it be made possible to relocate other "limit 1 per Civ" buildings as well? I would like to be able to relocate the Forbidden Palace as well so it does not become isolated in a corner of my Empire. How about some or all of the WW? Especially those that also reduce maintenance? I would like to move the Ironworks if I find a better location, the mint and other money buildings, every building should be rebuildable elsewhere, but perhaps at a greatly increased cost for relocating? Then the first building is removed when the new one is built.

Can you add in the Emigration unit, so cities with excess population can build one, removing 2 population and move to add 1 population in another city? To help reduce the excess population of overcrowed cities and help new founded cities to grow faster. Make them a national unit like the Trade caravans so limited in number, not just have 100 stacked up somewhere for an instant mega city.

Alright, so I made an account just for this. I've been struggling with this mod for the past... 6 hours? Something like that. I'm tech savvy, all my other mods work, RifE, RFC, FFH2, etc. The download and install of the mod went perfectly. My BTS is completely, manually, updated, and so is my Vanilla Rise of Mankind. Sounds good right? When I load the mod from within BTS, however, the... Idk what to call it. The preloader thing? That crashes when it gets to "Init XML (cached)." I've uninstalled and reinstalled A New Dawn multiple times, even re-downloaded the .exe, and it's the same problem everytime. Any suggestions? If anyone can help you'd make my week a whole lot better.

You don't need RoM if you install 1.75 or 1.76 beta, the installer contains RoM already. Also if you installed AND on top of the RoM install, this will mess up everything.

(Sorry for the double post)

Hi,
Just upgraded to Win7 64bit...
Installed all the bits needed to play the 1.76 : 5... works like a dream, a few CTD's but on the whole fantastic...
Just installed my new 4gb so now am running 8gb...
Ran AND, and the normal CTD, looked at the processes running and noticed that my RAM was still showing as over 4gb not touched, Civ was using the normal just over 2gb...
Am i missing something?
Is there a setting that i can change to allow AND to use some of that RAM, or am i stuck with the 32bit max?

SM

(Sorry for the double post)

Hi,
Just upgraded to Win7 64bit...
Installed all the bits needed to play the 1.76 : 5... works like a dream, a few CTD's but on the whole fantastic...
Just installed my new 4gb so now am running 8gb...
Ran AND, and the normal CTD, looked at the processes running and noticed that my RAM was still showing as over 4gb not touched, Civ was using the normal just over 2gb...
Am i missing something?
Is there a setting that i can change to allow AND to use some of that RAM, or am i stuck with the 32bit max?

SM

It should go to 3G under Win7 64. It can't go beyond that because it's a 32 bit process

Nah, still giving me grief... 1.76 (5)

Mid/Late game:
Giant Map:
11 AI's

Still getting CDT's every 2 turns, no one at war.

When i look at my Taks Manager Civ only running on average 1.89gb, under compatability for XP 2.34gb.

Ideas before i start to scream???

Graphics card may be the problem.

At end of day, even in the mornings of said day, its a 32 bit program, limited to 32 bit tasks.

I too can play Giant maps, 11 Civs till 1700's then I start to get random crashes to desktop, and I only have a pentium 4, 3Ghz with 4 Meg ram and 128 bit Video card.

So conclusion is, the program itself CAN'T HANDLE THE PROCESSES.

But I'm sure I'll be contradicted on that.

At the end of each turn, in the lower middle part of the screen is this blinking text: "press <enter> to end turn". Does this bother anybody else? Is there a way to eliminate that?

At the end of each turn, in the lower middle part of the screen is this blinking text: "press <enter> to end turn". Does this bother anybody else? Is there a way to eliminate that?

That is called "pause at the end of the turn". You can turn it off in the options, but that means the turn will end as soon as you do your last move, no warning.

Just some questions which may make me look stupid;
I have the complete edition of Civ4, and BTS patched to 3.19 and ROM 2.92...
1) Can I use ROM 2.92 or do I need to download 2.9 and use that?
2) Instructions on page 2 say I should have folder C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods for complete edition, but I don't?

I feel stupid and confused, but hey ho, thought I may as well ask! Any advice would be lush :)
Haven't downloaded yet, trying to get my head round it before I do! :)

@Lord_Stubby: AND should be an independent mod.

Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn is a separate mod from Rise of Mankind. You should had gone ahead and downloaded because you need only this download, that's it.

Me again. I downloaded and installed (I think) correctly - AND has gone into my mod folder and loads fine. When I try loading a map, I get a runtime error and the whole thing freezes. Bad download, bad install or operator error? :)

First of all I love this mod, you have made imho the greatest game ever. My question, after playing a few games, first I noticed that you do not need to mine minerals to get the units associated with them(ie iron and swordsman) as long as the mineral was within your cultural boundries. However this last game I am playing I do not have iron in my boundries and am still able to get swordsmen. Have I misssed something?(and i did not settle on iron)

Hello folks,

I've been loving AND (after loving RoM but quitting due to very frequent CTDs). However, I've just noticed that there are no Warlord units in my game.

I've read elsewhere in these forums that AND does not affect these units, but it's definitely true that they are absent, since they are not even listed in the Civilopedia. In another thread, I saw something about this being an option, but I've searched the options menu and cannot find anything about enabling or disabling these units.

Does AND allow Warlord units? If yes, how do I enable them? And after they are enabled, do I have to restart the game?

Thanks!

Hello folks,

I've been loving AND (after loving RoM but quitting due to very frequent CTDs). However, I've just noticed that there are no Warlord units in my game.

I've read elsewhere in these forums that AND does not affect these units, but it's definitely true that they are absent, since they are not even listed in the Civilopedia. In another thread, I saw something about this being an option, but I've searched the options menu and cannot find anything about enabling or disabling these units.

Does AND allow Warlord units? If yes, how do I enable them? And after they are enabled, do I have to restart the game?

Thanks!

Is this thread dead?

I have in the meantime found out about modules on Civ 4 (by myself), and tried copying the Custom Units/Warlord folder from RoM to AND... no dice. Still no Warlord units.

I would REALLY appreciate any help here... thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom