The Interview
(starts at 1 hour and 5 minutes)

Summary

New civs:
- Austria with Maria Theresa
- Ethiopia

Spain will additionally be included.

New UA info:
- Carthage: Can cross mountains. Free harbors in their cities.
- Huns: Raze cities at double speed. Start with Animal Husbandry. +1 production from pastures. Huns UU: A horse archer and a battering ram (spearman replacement).
- The Songhai trait will be changed.
- Austria: Unique Ability allowing you to essentially absorb City-States into empire without conquest (sort of through marriage)

New combat info:
- Destroyers are melee. Battleships are ranged.
- Great Admiral heals surrounding naval units
- Dromon UU for the Byzantines, spits fire

Other things:
- National Intelligence Agency (wonder) gives an extra spy
- Huns steal city names from other civs, and trait name is Scourge of God
- More than one religion can influence cities
- The Naval AI does do amphibious invasions, and it is cold and calculating. It is fast and ferocious when doing so.
- Religious CS will generate faith for you
- SP choices in the end game (e.g. autocracy or order) will influence diplomacy
- In the "Fall of Rome" scenario, if you choose eastern or western roman empire, you get some forced culture so you have to choose policies that are actually negative, so you become less effective throughout the game.
- "Trying to win the game the same way as us" has been removed from G&K as a diplomatic modifier alltogether.

Other links:
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?119093-Civ-V-Gods-amp-Kings-at-PAX

A thanks for the infos go to:
- Nokmirt
- Louis
- Anandus
- PlasticSoldier
- Arkangelus
- Gucumatz
- moysturfurmer

Anything missing?

Crossing mountains could be cool gameplay. Faster razing is a nice thought. Huns do have a lot of bonuses, if the info is correct.

lol He looks like Kona.

LOL! Did you hear that Carthage units can climb mountains? I have been waiting for carthage.

Shirk coming up soon, maybe now. Here we go. Nope not yet. Soon 2k Greg will interview Dennis Shirk.

LOL! Did you hear that Carthage units can climb mountains? I have been waiting for carthage.

Was that confirmed at all? I would die of joy.

And has anyone heard anything for real on Austria?

I am proud to be part of a live feed on a forum. Thanks for the alert, folks. An advantage to work at home, work on one screen, streaming on another. Certain gaming members of my family are going to be jealous about any Borderlands info! I will seem uber cool. ;)

They just mentioned release date June 19. Not that this is news, but Civ G+K was mentioned! I am too easily excited today.

Was that confirmed at all? I would die of joy.

And has anyone heard anything for real on Austria?

Yes as far as they have said so far. Nothing on Austria yet though as far as I know.

Oh and btw, 2K Greg and Dennis Shirk are up next, so yeah come watch.

If you want me to ask any questions, please post them I will try to ask some.

Top Bottom