[FULL] Putmalk's Ancient World Discussion Thread

Is it? I'm surprised to hear it's working fine in vanilla. It would completely break in G&K, I know that.

If I do update this to G&K (which is what I would do) I would have to retool it completely. Frankly that's a lot of work I could put into a different project. Maybe I can do another Ancient themed mod, but I always thought Rob had that done with Anno Domini.

Nothing is ever set in stone. That is the #1 thing I probably learned from this project (which was my first big foray into modding).

Although I don't play this mod, I thought I would create an image for the Glassblowing tech. It's far larger than necessary for the mod, so resize as necessary.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 151
I don't update the mod anymore. :p Sorry.

It's a good icon, though.

Hi. I know this is an old thread, but I really wished to play this mod. However, it doesn't seem to work with my game. I've tried to remove all other mods as well as installing the Mesopotamia mod, but it still CTD when I press Start Game. Also, there seems to be quite some issues with selecting Civ. Anyone tried it lately?

JFD sent me here, for reasons unknown :p

Putmalk is the author of Civ IV Diplomacy, which features the Vassals that you were talking about. Recently, Gazebo summoned Putmalk from his slumber, and Putmalk has been working within the CPP on a new version of Civ IV Diplomacy (or, from what I've gleaned, a new version of the vassal system therein). I think Putmalk intends to demarcate the CPP and the lastest iteration of Civ IV Diplo (which requires the CBP), and if this is the case, I'll definitely be adding some Sovereignty reforms concerning Vassals. So a better system of Vassals than I can make is already in the works/was already done.

Hi. I know this is an old thread, but I really wished to play this mod. However, it doesn't seem to work with my game. I've tried to remove all other mods as well as installing the Mesopotamia mod, but it still CTD when I press Start Game. Also, there seems to be quite some issues with selecting Civ. Anyone tried it lately?

It's probably because you're trying to play this mod with BNW, but this mod only supports up to G&K. Don't play this mod anymore, it is heavily outdated. I would recommend Anno Domini instead, which retains much of the similar ideas and is also a full Ancient World Conversion mod, and it is still maintained.

It's probably because you're trying to play this mod with BNW, but this mod only supports up to G&K. Don't play this mod anymore, it is heavily outdated. I would recommend Anno Domini instead, which retains much of the similar ideas and is also a full Ancient World Conversion mod, and it is still maintained.

I second this, I am not planning to maintain this mod anymore. :)

Top Bottom