Funny Screenshots: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was playing duel against Montezuma on huge map
On first screenshot we can see that his army is quite technologically advanced
Oh but on second look when it gets to my borders some 25 turns after it went from Ai's borders it is not so advanced it seems,

Attachments

• i1.JPG
    i1.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 241
  • i2.JPG
    i2.JPG
    296.5 KB · Views: 255
Started a map as Egypt. Sumeria put his second city to my east, the HRE put his second city to my west(holy city as well i think) and Ethiopia put his second city to my south-west.

Never been surrounded like that before.

Spoiler :

Ahh...but you have horses. So which do you want to be your second city. :mwaha:

Didn't take out the barbarian city near me early on. I'm just now building up a force of archers to take them out, but I'm on my way to culture flipping it instead, if that's possible.

Spoiler :

Didn't take out the barbarian city near me early on. I'm just now building up a force of archers to take them out, but I'm on my way to culture flipping it instead, if that's possible.

Spoiler :

Ummm..... don't want to be rude or anything.... but You have forgoten to mine that iron .... :eek: :lol: ;) Well I guess if it isn't a moded game You cannot mine it yet (for a second I thought it was RFC ;) ) but 20 turns before Monarchy is developed (+the time needed to develop iron working to chop jungles) seems like a pretty long time to be without it ;) Oh wait a second ... I think this is RFC (or maybe not : Americans does not spawn so early in RFC .... now Im confused :O :crazyeye: :lol:) If this is RFC You can mine it, worker will just not remove the jungle there but if it's RFC You should be able to mine it :D omg .... how many edits this post have :O You have left me confused :crazyeye: :lol:

This isn't exactly a 'funny' screenshot, but I though it was pretty cool how the buildings in my city aligned to each other.

How the heck did that happen? EDIT: the water-walking bit, I mean.
Worldbuilder. What I didn't know is that you could place land units on sea tiles in Worldbuilder. But check out the name he's assigned the GP.

Worldbuilder. What I didn't know is that you could place land units on sea tiles in Worldbuilder. But check out the name he's assigned the GP.

I don't know what he did but there is another possibility. If you put a land unit on a ship, send the ship to sea, then put the ship to sleep, and wake up the land unit, you will see the land unit apparently standing on water. The land unit is waiting for orders and the ship is asleep, so you see the land unit only. You also get the same effect if the ship is on a long voyage and one of the land units on board is awake. I've done this by accident in the past. It took me a while to figure out that I had to put the land unit to sleep in order to see the ship that it was on.

I don't know what he did but there is another possibility. If you put a land unit on a ship, send the ship to sea, then put the ship to sleep, and wake up the land unit, you will see the land unit apparently standing on water. The land unit is waiting for orders and the ship is asleep, so you see the land unit only. You also get the same effect if the ship is on a long voyage and one of the land units on board is awake. I've done this by accident in the past. It took me a while to figure out that I had to put the land unit to sleep in order to see the ship that it was on.

Look at the dots above the flags. Only one for both the prophet or the settler. The mouseover of the settler shows just the settler.

This isn't exactly a 'funny' screenshot, but I though it was pretty cool how the buildings in my city aligned to each other.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Well they just to tend to align themselves like that ! ^^ Which is pretty totally cool ! ^^ (well actually it's the file cityPLOTLsystem.xml or something which tells them how many tiles they use and stuff like that but casual players should not bother about things like this :D ) My unofficial list of things to do in Civ is to build all (and I mean all : that means 30 degress on equator or something to build space evevator but I want to build a city with totally all possible wonders in it ;) I have bolded possible because it is not possible to build all the shrines in one city .... or is it ? (ofc. I mean legally !!! no cheating ! wow ! ;) )

I have bolded possible because it is not possible to build all the shrines in one city .... or is it ? (ofc. I mean legally !!! no cheating ! wow ! ;) )

Why wouldn't it be possible? Granted, it's difficult, but I'm sure at settler difficulty with an awesome start it should be doable.

Attachments

• funny_14.jpg
    funny_14.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 167
  • funny_15.jpg
    funny_15.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 144
  • funny_16.jpg
    funny_16.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 120
  • funny_17.jpg
    funny_17.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 111
  • funny_18.jpg
    funny_18.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 112
  • funny_13.jpg
    funny_13.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 106
Why wouldn't it be possible? Granted, it's difficult, but I'm sure at settler difficulty with an awesome start it should be doable.

Granted ! It is very difficult ! :O ;) But than again Civ is such a wonderful game that miracles are on it's daily basis ^^ (proven with Your shots ^^) It's actually why I play it ... there is always something more to do and more to acomplish ^^

Granted ! It is very difficult ! :O ;) But than again Civ is such a wonderful game that miracles are on it's daily basis ^^ (proven with Your shots ^^) It's actually why I play it ... there is always something more to do and more to acomplish ^^

You know, now you made me want to do that myself. Shrines are not the problem, national wonders are, as you can build only two of those in one city.

I've managed to found Taoism in an OCC before Judaism was founded, on warlord, so should easily be possible there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom