Future Strategic Blueprint, or How to Ground Enemy Bones to Dust

What to do?

Build infrastructure. I don't think we can win a war of conquest against kaz and I'm not sure that if we do win it, we'll be all that happy.

Right now, we have 3 cities who are a drain on our economy, in PM, TKY and Zero. We have very little infrastructure in our good cities to offset that - no courts, no markets, and we are building 2 (soon 3) wonders. (moai, heroic epic and palace) If we invade kaz and take cities, they will be a bigger drain on our economy - if we raze them, then we aren't expanding.

We need more workers. We are already stretched and we haven't yet made any of the improvements we want to make at TKY.

We are behind on tech - OR, CS and machinery. We are up music and lit (on cav) - Kaz has feudalism, so if we do attack, we'll face LB's. They are able to tech engineering, so will be able to have pikes. Or, they might go paper and bulb education, allowing the to build their cheap unis

If we do land a stack in Kaz lands, we'll be hit by cats and horse archers with double flanking to kill OUR cats. We'll lose units try to take LB's in a city on a hill with injured units. Our reinforcements will take a long time to get to Kaz, where their reinforcements (on 3 move roads) will take very little time to get to us.

If Kaz keeps attacking us, they'll get weariness. If we attack Kaz, WE'LL get weariness.

We are still fighting barbs - we have land between cities that need to be fog busted. We really don't have any backline cities.

If we try to attack Kaz and start to succeed, I am reasonably sure Cav will attack - best case, they come across land. Worst case, they beeline optics and drop units in our north east.

With 10 turns of infrastructure builds and teching... yes, we can start thinking about taking the fight to Kaz, maybe - but I think we need a few more cities and a lot of infrastructure....

Yeah. I've got some thoughts that I want to post, but I think waiting to see if Kaz has any suprises in store for us is prudent. It's possible that they force us to withdraw from Zero, for instance.

With Zurstoff there...we will heal pretty quickly.

If Kaz move up this turn, we don't ever heal before they can attack. But the important bit is what they decide to move up this turn, if anything. That's what we have to wait and see...

If Kaz move up this turn, we don't ever heal before they can attack. But the important bit is what they decide to move up this turn, if anything. That's what we have to wait and see...

I am confused....if they move, and we don't, why wouldn't we heal before they move again. :confused:

We heal at the start of our turn; we moved on t113 (we destroyed their stack), we don;t move on t114 (ie units in the city are set to heal) and at the start of our t115 the units heal.

The problem is Kaz move up on t114, and attack on their t115, before our units get to heal. So basically, WYSIWYG. We have 2 units that get promos, so the axes are at half strength, but everything else will defend at it's current defensive values if Kaz moves up this turn.

We get a new LB....that will help.

I guess we wait and see what they do as you have already noted.

Top Bottom