[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they are deliberately holding back on us because they're enjoying reading our tinfoil-fuelled parsing of achievement and tweet wording? :crazyeye:

Oh, so it's tinfoil that they want?

Gathering Storm of the Wheel of Time series was co-written by Brandon Sanderson.

Ed Beach is a fan of Brandon Sanderson. (Probably. I don't know. Sounds reasonable.)

Stormlight Archive Scenario confirmed! We're going to Roshar in the next DLC!

Spoiler :
NO. NO FANTASY. NO.

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SPENT ALL YOUR FANTASY CREDITS ON LIGHTNING SPELLS FOR APOSTLES.

Sci-Fi is fine tho.

Moderator Action: Please do not use the word "Confirmed" in a joking manner. People stop by here to see what is going on and see that and then go search for whatever is stated as confirmed. That only leads others to frustration. We want to avoid this.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I would like to understand more why a February release is more plausible now aside from the fact that R&F and GS were released then.

Aspyr needs to release their fix for the Fullscreen and macOS Catalina issues asap. It would be absolutely cruel (it has already been absolutely crue having people wait since September) for them to have Mac users wait almost four more weeks...

A number of people have mentioned that <bug X> needs a fix ASAP - and therefore a patch must be coming any second now - and yet, we haven't had a release (as you point out) in quite a few months. Clearly there is no hotfix bug patch that is driving their release schedule at this point in time.

Next week is MLK here in the US, I suspect that Firaxis will be closed on Monday. Their release process tends to have a full week of build up (some of it behind the scenes), so next week might not be ideal for them. In addition, they have never released Civ VI code in January. (I don’t follow the Xcom release dates, it might be interesting to study that pattern.)

Firaxs has already shown that they take a "slow and steady" approach to their release process. This is probably based on the financial and revenue based outlook of their parent company (2k). In a corporate environment such as that, revenue generating Releases (which a Season Pass would be) tend to be planned out in advance. And they have shown a history to like that revenue spike to hit in mid-February. I don’t know their bookkeeping practices, but predictable patterns of revenue is something that companies like to count on.

In general Nov/Dec/Jan are all screwed up from a corporate point of view. They have too many holidays and large amounts of various vacation times - which leads to an overall reduction in performance and productivity. From a long term planning perspective, it is sometimes easier to write them off, and start fresh in February.

All of the above is 100% conjecture, but based on quite a bit of experience inside the corporate culture of the (non-gaming) Software Development industry.

Civ 6 doesn't have any statistics based achievements now right? Eg build 500 units across all games, win 50 games, even win with all leaders, that sort of thing.

If they were just testing those sort of achievements and accidentally revealed it prematurely, that could mean a release in a couple weeks or a couple months, we don't really know.

Next week is MLK here in the US, I suspect that Firaxis will be closed on Monday.
I don't know about Baltimore area businesses, but here in the Chicago area, it's mostly schools and government offices that close for the MLK holiday. I'd say the holiday reduces the chance of a rollout of something big, but I suspect people will be in the office Monday.

I don't know about Baltimore area businesses, but here in the Chicago area, it's mostly schools and government offices that close for the MLK holiday. I'd say the holiday reduces the chance of a rollout of something big, but I suspect people will be in the office Monday.

When I used to live in NY, we went to work as well.

Both my current (Utah) and prior (Upstate New York) workplaces give MLK off, both technology office jobs. I sort of assumed it was a standard holiday for most 'desk jobs'.

This thread is historic. Never before has so little been said with so many words!
You must be new to the speculation threads. This one isn't even at 3000 posts yet. We're not even consulting chicken entrails, voodoo rituals, or Nordic runes.

Literally the only scrying we've turned to as of yet is requiring @bite to go to sleep because nothing ever gets announced when bite is awake. This barely even cracks the Top Ten of speculation threads.

Good point. I work in the financial services industry. We're all closed on Monday - but we might be in the minority. I know most retails outlets are still open.

My software company doesn't have the day off, but that's because our customers don't take the day off, and so we must be on hand to support them.

Does US not have classification of 'state holiday' or is MLK simply not one?

EDIT: Well I shall also promptly answer my question - I found this:

https://www.calhr.ca.gov/employees/pages/state-holidays.aspx

It is indeed listed as state holiday.

Sure, but state holidays aren't mandatory in the US. Some businesses never close at all. Movie theaters, some stores, etc.

I think we're far enough off topic, though. Back to pointless speculation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom