[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to find an end date on the sale. When is it?

It is odd to me to run a sale now. It's right after the big Steam holiday sale, and without any new content to try to promote.
:hmm:
Next Wednesday.

I can't seem to find an end date on the sale. When is it?

It is odd to me to run a sale now. It's right after the big Steam holiday sale, and without any new content to try to promote.
:hmm:
upload_2020-1-15_17-1-8.png

how long does it usually take, from the achievements becomes visible,
until an update arrives?
how is the past?

Last edited:
until an update usually arrives?
how is the past?

check eagle pursuits earlyer posts. His best guess is 23th januari.
The thing is the achievements were likely not meant to be shown to the public. Normally it only takes a week or so.

until an update usually arrives?
how is the past?

I posted this before and somehow I missed it (I was looking for something else), but it seems originally Vesuvius achievements were named NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_8_0, not VSV_ACHIEVEMENT.

On February 5 the achievements were added to steam to the achievements tab, hidden set to 0. Did this cause the achievements to appear on steam?

On February 6 the achievements were given display names. (First Row below)

On February 9 it became VSV_ACHIEVEMENT
(can't be bothered to post more screenshots. Just scroll down to February in the history tab :D)

On February 14 the following week, GS got released.
---

This still raises questions as to why use the Stats tab folder this time around if it seems they can hide achievements without doing that.

In continuation of my previous post, the RAF_ACHIEVEMENTS were added to steam on November 29 2017, the day after the announcement.

In this case hidden was set to 1 and they were named RAF from the start.

Here's some more info:

Achievements for Khmer and Indonesia pack were first added on October 6 2017. DLC released two weeks later.

Achievements for Nubia pack were added on July 18. Released the following week.

Achievements for Macedon pack added on March 21. Released the following week.

Achievements for Australia added on Feb 15. Released the following week.
---

Now, here's the thing: The steamdb updates were followed by first looks, which preceded the release of the content.

So what exactly are we expecting on the 23rd? I checked, and I don't think the information @leandrombraz gave me is correct. The patches were released at the same time as new DLC, but not announced, as far as I can tell. R&F was announced on the 28th Nov 2017, and GS on 20th Nov 2018, which correlate with no patches. Am I wrong about this?

So? The logic, as far as the release of previous DLC goes, would seem to indicate an announcement this week or on the 21st and an update next week along with the patch on the 23rd.

Otherwise, if it's an announcement we're getting on the 23rd, then the patch would get delayed to be released at the same time as new content (which I think Eagle Pursuit already mentioned).

Do we have any idea on what the Stat's section is usually used for based on other games on steam?

Part of me is wondering whether we are just running in circles and it isn't anything front end at all but a way for Firaxis to collect statistics on the games we play. However the mention of achievements in the name does throw that off.

Maybe it is Statistics recording for a future expansion they are working on and by accident they didn't put them as hidden. Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm also having ten 'Stats achievements' that are just used by Firaxis on the backend and that the fact that we can see them now doesn't point to anything new coming out any time soon at all

This is a comparison between stats in CIV VI and in XCOM2 for those interested. Also, I think I'm done for today:
Spoiler :

---

Do we have any idea on what the Stat's section is usually used for based on other games on steam?

Yes. I mentioned earlier, in CIV V stats are just stats. In Xcom2, stats are just stats as well. It's the Achievements, STK1 and "_04_0" to "_04_9" that closely resembles achievements for previous released content.

How strange. That definitely suggests they are game achievements and they are un-hidden and in the stats section for some unknown reason?

Well i'm back on the hype train

One interpretation I threw in earlier is that the _STATS_ in the name is just there because the achievement is in the Stats tab, so as to not get mixed with STK1_ACHIEVEMENT. This would therefore be some sort of test achievement?

Once the final achievement is ready, it would lose the _STATS_ bit and become only STK1_ACHIEVEMENT_04_0, and added to the achievements folder. This closely resembles NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_2_0. Keep in mind NEW_ACHIEVEMENT was used for all the DLC and also GS, before they renamed it DLC1-6 and VSV.

The stat_1 - test bit supports this interpretation.

Eagle Pursuit's theory is that they revealed these achievements accidentally.

Perhaps they've always added hidden test _STATS_ achievements in the past, but we were unable to see them?
---

In addition, if it is just for testing, I also suggested the 1 in STK is just a reference to stat_1, that is, the first group of 10 achievements they are testing for a new expansion, to be followed by STK2 - stat_2.

In the end it would become simply STK_ACHIEVEMENT.

But this was before the Season Ticket theory was suggested and I'm more inclined towards a Season Pass now.

Last edited:
So what exactly are we expecting on the 23rd? I checked, and I don't think the information @leandrombraz gave me is correct. The patches were released at the same time as new DLC, but not announced, as far as I can tell. R&F was announced on the 28th Nov 2017, and GS on 20th Nov 2018, which correlate with no patches. Am I wrong about this?

So? The logic, as far as the release of previous DLC goes, would seem to indicate an announcement this week or on the 21st and an update next week along with the patch on the 23rd.

Otherwise, if it's an announcement we're getting on the 23rd, then the patch would get delayed to be released at the same time as new content (which I think Eagle Pursuit already mentioned).

Yes, I believe that @Eagle Pursuit was referring to the 23rd (a Thursday) as the next likely release date.

I am, unfortunately, starting to lean towards a Feb 13th release of whatever comes next (which means an announcement might be as late as Feb. 11th). The 2nd Thursday of February was the release date for both RaF and GS. And the only difference here is that the release is for a much smaller item than a full XP, so the lead up and announcement time is going to be smaller than what was needed for those 2 X-packs.

feb 13th would almost be half a year without new civ 6 content. 13th februari might also be possible. I`m hoping we will hear something from firaxis if only it is a tease. 4 more weaks of silence is going to be painfull after many month of no action.

It's implied that a patch will be released along new content since that's the norm, but the marketing is always focused on the actual content of the DLC/patch when they are announced. The patch is usually mentioned first in a livestream or devs talking to the community in whatever platform, but we always know it's coming. They only make an announcement of a patch if there's no paid content coming along.

An announcement on the 21st would be golden because that is my birthday!

Yes, I believe that @Eagle Pursuit was referring to the 23rd (a Thursday) as the next likely release date.

I am, unfortunately, starting to lean towards a Feb 13th release of whatever comes next (which means an announcement might be as late as Feb. 11th). The 2nd Thursday of February was the release date for both RaF and GS. And the only difference here is that the release is for a much smaller item than a full XP, so the lead up and announcement time is going to be smaller than what was needed for those 2 X-packs.

I would like to understand more why a February release is more plausible now aside from the fact that R&F and GS were released then.

Aspyr needs to release their fix for the Fullscreen and macOS Catalina issues asap. It would be absolutely cruel (it has already been absolutely crue having people wait since September) for them to have Mac users wait almost four more weeks. Aspyr has released only one hot fix on their own between patches ever since they went for concurrent releases with Firaxis last year. So it seems unlikely because they could have already rolled out the hot fix on their own. They sent the patch for approval to 2k more than a month ago and all looks like that wasn't rejected: no changes and more tests were detected on Steam. They just seem to have it sitting there waiting for something. Plus, February releases, like you said, were for expansions and this doesn't look like one. Those releases had been previously announced months in advance. This is definitely something smaller than an expansion which hasn't been announced. I would still go for an announcement next week (maybe even today or tomorrow, wishful thinking says, but it has happened before) because of the achievements showing up last week, Ed liking those comments, the #Onthisday highlight of Elizabeth I similar to one released for Victoria and darn it, it has been almost five months since we know anything. A little drama there.

Regardless, this thread keeps on giving.

Maybe they are deliberately holding back on us because they're enjoying reading our tinfoil-fuelled parsing of achievement and tweet wording? :crazyeye:

Random Firaxian: ,,Hey guys, the speculation in Winter Update went a little stale... Wait I have an idea... What If we just randomly updated some stuff in database... Like added some entries with obscure acronym.."
Entire Firaxis building bursts into demonic laughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom