1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Another possibility is that they release a Scenario Tool Kit along with a couple new scenarios (which the achievements are for).

I'm not suggesting that this IS what the STK stands for, but I'm willing to support any reasonable possibilities.

2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Warlord

AFAIK Civ is still one of the most played games on Steam? It still does really well in sales too.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  3. pokiehl

pokiehl King

Definitely still doing well and I personally only want to play it on PC. It just doesn't make sense for me to make some shiny new content that automatically excludes the other platforms they just spent a ton of time, money, and effort on.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  4. AntSou

AntSou Prince

Yes, it could be something like that. It's the 1 in front of STK and it being specifically 10 achievements that point towards it being DLC.

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

True, but serious modders would also welcome a "scenario toolkit" if it means that Firaxis would expose more of the core function to Lua in relation to scenario making, ATM we're still quite limited by the "standard" set of rules (hardcoded 1UPT, no fine control over diplomacy, no direct control over AI unit, no control over combat mechanisms, ...)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    agonistes, Elhoim, Jeppetto and 2 others like this.
  6. technome

technome Chieftain

Hmmm. Elizabeth the first on Twitter.

Let speculation commence.

7. AntSou

AntSou Prince

Did they ever make such tweets prior to R&F or GS, where they turned out to be specific hints?

Otherwise maybe they just have nothing better to post.

Hawke9 likes this.
  8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

None of the #otd tweets have held any merit as clues except once when they revealed Victoria on the anniversary of her coronation.

Hawke9 and AntSou like this.
  9. conorbebe

conorbebe Prince

Would love to see a “Classic Leaders” pack, including the likes of Elizabeth I, Napoleon, and Otto Von Bismarck.

CivLuvah, Duuk, Bagfran and 1 other person like this.
  10. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

I speculate that we won't get any announcements today since they posted Elizabeth to Twitter.

11. AntSou

AntSou Prince

So the one time an #otd revealed a new leader was on the anniversary of the coronation of one of the most emblematic female leaders of England.

Hmm... that makes this tweet potentially a double hint. :think:

Edit: I went through all their #otd tweets. Couldn't find Victoria? I did find Churchill and Washington back in 2017, so it seems to indicate this Elizabeth tweet is mostly meaningless.

Unless they're playing the loooooooong game and they're adding Washington and Churchill at some point. :shifty:

12. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Warlord

In V i hated the sentence "would you like to make a trade agreement" , a lot , really i would mute everything just to get rid of it

13. Leucarum

Leucarum Prince

Given that England (along eith Greece, India and France) already has 2 leaders means I doubt they would be prioritized for alternative leaders over other iconic options like America, Germany etc...

Leyrann, Kjimmet, CPWimmer and 4 others like this.
  14. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

I have been thinking. The 10 achievements on steam are hidden and therefore not meant to be shared to the civ fanbase. If the achievements would be shown to all. There should be a much higher chance an announcement or launch of patch/content would be near (perhaps in 1-2 weeks)
    We are like 2-3 days further into the week when the acchievements were found. It makes me reconsider when firaxis starts its buildup for the next launch of content. The current steam sale is weird do. Not considering this i would say it could be a month instead of one week when we hear for firaxis again. But still they are taunting with us on social media. Firaxis is playing mind games on another level. I am confused.

*gets back into Russian war against Persia. The first betrayal must be avenged*

15. AntSou

AntSou Prince

I think we'll be nearing a new release once this image on steam gets altered. Otherwise people would get confused:

Of course, they might very well change it only shortly after or just before an announcement.

But keep an eye, just in case they decide to change it earlier.

679x likes this.
  16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The way I am envisioning a season ticket to looks is like this:
    Includes 4 DLC to be released 1 per quarter.
    Each DLC includes 1 or 2 civs plus a scenario and some additional content in the form of (wonders, city-states, generic units, generic buildings, generic districts, or a small new mechanic).

So the season ticket and first DLC should therefore be announced and released before the end of March. But since the patch QA seems to be wrapped up, I tend to think it will be sooner than later. The expiration of the current sale seems portentous because they are waiting on something. So I would guess January 23rd.

All of this assumes it will be a season ticket type thing and not just a patch.

conorbebe, Duuk, Inawordyes and 7 others like this.
  17. AntSou

AntSou Prince

Have patches and announcements of new content been done concurrently in the past?

18. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

Yes. Every DLC/Expansion came with a patch and was announced as one thing.

19. AntSou

AntSou Prince

And the 23rd of January is a Thursday.

Edit: Ok, so I'm setting my hype alarm for the 23rd. If something happens before, so much the better, but I'm tired of getting my hopes up nearly every day.

I can accumulate it all and have a deluge of disappointment on the 23rd. :D

Leyrann, WillowBrook, Kjimmet and 4 others like this.
  20. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

I can't seem to find an end date on the sale. When is it?

It is odd to me to run a sale now. It's right after the big Steam holiday sale, and without any new content to try to promote.
    :hmm:

RohirrimElf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.