[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I don't know.

1. Season ticket isn't a common term for games. It's usually season pass.
2. Why would the achievements have STK in them? Why not just DLC7 or whatever?
3. Why would the achievements be in statistics instead of just hidden like other achievements have been?
4. A season ticket with 4 DLC throughout the year basically precludes another expansion, so that would kind of suck.

I just don't see it.

So I might be onto something. Here's a picture, or just read below:

Spoiler :

- Rise and Fall announced 3 hours before the end of Steam Autumn sale.

- Rise and Fall available at the same time as Civ Vanilla was put on sale. Lunar Year Sale 2018 began only on the 15th, so Firaxis started it earlier. The sale ended on the 19th, the same day the Lunar Year Sale ended.

- Gathering Storm announced at the same time as Autumn Sale 2018 started.

- Gathering Storm available right after the Lunar Year 2019 sale.

The Chinese New Year 2020 starts on 25th January. Lunar Year Sale likely starts on the 24th, a Friday.

Lunar Year sales are fairly short. They might announce something on the 23rd and put everything on sale again on the 24th.

This is fairly close to their approach when Rise and Fall got released. They started their own sale earlier. It's also close to Gathering Storm announcement.

Why are they _SO_ silent?

Officially, we don't know anything, but popular assumption is that 2K uses the general policy of no interaction between developers and community unless there is something to announce or an announcement-related livestream.

(mods, if we weren't supposed to talk about this, my apologies and feel free to remove this. I've been away for a year and don't remember everything, but I thought this was okay to talk about)

A follow up to my previous post.

If it's an announcement we're getting on the 23rd January, the next big steam sale is the Summer sale. These are the dates for the last few Summer sales:

2019 - 25th June - Tuesday
2018 - 21st June - Thursday
2017 - 22nd June - Thursday
2016 - 23th June - Thursday
2015 - 11th June - Thursday
2014 - 19th June - Thursday
2013 - 11th July - Thursday
2012 - 12th July - Thursday
20... I can't be bothered anymore.

If it's a large expansion, I would expect a release at the beginning or end of the summer sale.

Also, I'm starting to think Firaxis prefers Tuesdays and Thursdays because Steam prefers Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Edit: That's 5 months though. A bit far.

popular assumption is that 2K uses the general policy of no interaction between developers and community unless there is something to announce or an announcement-related livestream
So based on nearly nothing just one has to jump in, feel the need for more optimism in wishful thinking, declare “Something’s bound to turn up!” ... next a 'sales and marketing' guy shows up and explains the coming sales model including prices ... and voila: it's an announcement we're getting on the 23rd January!

Nope, that cannot be, this would be too weird.

In addition to the old favorites, there’s a lot of support for some incarnation of renaissance Italy with multiple leaders (a la Greece), but there’s no consensus over which city-states should be represented, whether Florence, Venice or Milan. Would we get a Medici, a Borgia or a Sforza?

I'd like to see Austria or Prussia.

This thread is historic. Never before has so little been said with so many words!

You must be new to the speculation threads. This one isn't even at 3000 posts yet. We're not even consulting chicken entrails, voodoo rituals, or Nordic runes.

Literally the only scrying we've turned to as of yet is requiring @bite to go to sleep because nothing ever gets announced when bite is awake. This barely even cracks the Top Ten of speculation threads.

Ah yes... the good ol' days. I can't exactly remember what we're speculating about, but I'm sure the dancing bananas were involved. Unfortunately they all quit after a strike because they realized the same dance company that hired them... also was involved in clown performances. You probably know exactly why.

Hopeful for a surprise announcement on Monday....

"Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. leads America in new FreeLC for Sid Meier's Civilization 6"

There's another tweet about the sale: https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1218228526526058496

Is it just me or are they really pushing this one, more than they usually do with sales? No idea if that means anything but it's definitely noticeable to me.

They even slightly edited the video for this purpose.

Edit: In the Steam Summer Sale 2019 they posted three of these in a row. So this means nothing.

Edit2: FOUR of those in a row. Definitely nothing.

Last edited:
On a completely different note, given the current developments, what's the official CivFanatics stance regarding this theory right here? (It's just a picture, don't click it.)

I need a 3rd expansion for the sake of symmetry.
If nothing else, you are keeping us amused with your speculation.

And yes, that big empty space is one of many little clues pointing to a third expansion. Thanks for the reminder. :cool:

On a completely different note, given the current developments, what's the official CivFanatics stance regarding this theory right here? (It's just a picture, don't click it.)

I need a 3rd expansion for the sake of symmetry.

perhaps there is just as much space on the left side of the civ vanilla poster. But this theorycrafting may continue. Lets check the room on the dev stream camera.

update. The camera might be on a fixed standard. It does not move towards the left of Carl. As far as i can see skipping bits through the one hour stream

perhaps there is just as much space on the left side of the civ vanilla poster. But this theorycrafting may continue. Lets check the room on the dev stream camera.

So what you're saying is move them all to the left and there's enough space for fourth expansion?

So what you're saying is move them all to the left and there's enough space for fourth expansion?

All i am saying is that if the three posters would be placed in the middle of the room there might not be room for speculation. But what if the space where a third expansion could be is deliberately held open.

The september background scene during the 5m patch review has been changed. No open space for possible 3th expansion. Only 2 posters and more up close

Last edited:

THAT'S IT! We've been asking all the wrong questions!

The real question is: how long is that bloody wall? We'll be getting as much content as they can fit in it.

We need a floor plan of the building where they record the livestreams.

THAT'S IT! We've been asking all the wrong questions!

The real question is: how long is that bloody wall? We'll be getting as much content as they can fit in it.

We need a floor plan of the building where they record the livestreams.

already been going through the life streams

Update. I dont want to break the internet or something. But during the Antarctic late Summer livestream the posters are placed farther towards the right. Which might indicate a place has been reserved for a third expansion on the background wall. On the right of the gathering storm second expansion poster. During this stream there would not have been space for a 4th poster. This livestream has been posted 3 months before the june update. While there is space on the june picture posted by Antsou.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom