[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, that's actually a good catch, since the team KNOWS we microscope nitpick the streams (and have picked up on globe placement, books on shelves, details on t-shirts, posters on walls, tchotkes on tables...) HOW DID WE MISS A DELIBERATELY OFFSET BACKGROUND?!

We missed the glaringly obvious because we were looking for the microscopic. $20 says there has been an office pool that @FXS_Sarah just won because she had "Not until January" in the pool of "when will they finally see that?"

HOW DID WE MISS A DELIBERATELY OFFSET BACKGROUND?!

But we didn't though? It's been constantly mentioned anytime the topic of a third expansion is brought up.

The stream RohirrimElf posted does make it look even better. Here's a closer look. It's a snippet from the window you can see at 2:30. I copy and pasted the poster on the left onto the right:

lol

But we didn't though? It's been constantly mentioned anytime the topic of a third expansion is brought up.

The stream RohirrimElf posted does make it look even better. Here's a closer look. It's a snippet from the window you can see at 2:30. I copy and pasted the poster on the left onto the right:

lol

the space left open for the poster to fit in is just to perfect not to be a placeholder for a third expansion. It would only miss by like a millimeter if anything at all. The camera angle looks the same from other moments in the stream Like 42:25. Not just 2:30

Last edited:
THIS is the kind of speculation I want to see here.

I love you guys. And gals.

So the real question: will we get a 24 hour video of rain falling. :lol: And who of us will watch it?

If there is a 3rd expansion, what would be the overall theme? how would they introduce it? I'm not sure they would have as cool as a hook as the introduction to the last expansion.

They're going to be updating their cloud servers on the 21st.

https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1218276808770183168?s=19

Could this have something to do with the STK1 Achievements?

Could STK1 be referring to a STACK FILE. Maybe this is an update/patch for Achievements that were not triggering?

I googled this:

A stack is a collection of services that make up an application in a specific environment. Learn more about stacks for Docker Cloud here. A stack file is a file in YAML format that defines one or more services, similar to a docker-compose.yml file for Docker Compose but with a few extensions. The default name for this file is docker-cloud.yml.

Any technicians/coders on the forum able to speak to this? I see cloud, application(API?), stack, and stack file. I have no idea if these words mean anything in this case. Just a bunch of gibberish to me, but enough similarity in language that I felt compelled to ask.

Could this have something to do with the STK1 Achievements?

Could STK1 be referring to a STACK FILE. Maybe this is an update/patch for Achievements that were not triggering?

I googled this:

A stack is a collection of services that make up an application in a specific environment. Learn more about stacks for Docker Cloud here. A stack file is a file in YAML format that defines one or more services, similar to a docker-compose.yml file for Docker Compose but with a few extensions. The default name for this file is docker-cloud.yml.

Any technicians/coders on the forum able to speak to this? I see cloud, application(API?), stack, and stack file. I have no idea if these words mean anything in this case. Just a bunch of gibberish to me, but enough similarity in language that I felt compelled to ask.

It is extremely unlikely, since Firaxis doesn't actually run their application on the cloud. The application itself, of course, is run on each of our local machines. They only use the cloud for online storage of/access to saved game files so that people can play the game on one PC, save it, and then load that saved game on another PC. The Civ game itself isn't an Internet based service like Netflix or a revenue generating website like Amazon.

Announcement on the 22nd. Fitting, that was my wedding anniversary. Since I'm now divorced, I'll both remember the day AND have the whole day to sit here and nitpick the announcement trailer with you all.

Announcement on the 22nd. Fitting, that was my wedding anniversary. Since I'm now divorced, I'll both remember the day AND have the whole day to sit here and nitpick the announcement trailer with you all.

Source? (for the announcement date, I trust you on the divorce story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom