1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

*If* the cloud upgrade and the Steam sale are in any way portentous, the most likely date for an announcement is Thursday.

But I am not very confident in my tweet-scrying skills. I was very sure we would have an XP3 announcement in November, after all.

RohirrimElf and AntSou like this.
  2. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

My strategy is to predict the whole spectrum of possibilities then inflate what I got right while completely erasing from memory every occurrence of an incorrect prediction so that I may feel reassured of my tremendous acumen, and move on to the next speculation thread with no lessons learned whatsoever.

3. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

Unfortunately, now your strategy has been documented. So you know, CivFanatics never forgets.

shaglio, Inawordyes, Duuk and 5 others like this.
  4. bbbt

bbbt Deity

They could be releasing a patch that includes some sort of cloud based game mode. i.e. say the equivalent to a Firaxis curated game of the month where everyone is competing on the same save? That could be what the achievements are for.

5. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

interesting idea. Score count or number of turns till victory for community challenge.

6. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

I probably shouldn't get my hopes up but it'd be awesome if this cloud update heralded the return of PitBoss mode :D

bbbt and RohirrimElf like this.
  7. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Delete button. Then I'll deny any accusations thrown at me and call it an affront, slander and/or libel, followed by one or more exclamation points.

I never used Pitboss. How would that be different from play by cloud?

Ondolindë likes this.
  8. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

You have my vote!

oSiyeza and AntSou like this.
  9. Xefjord

Xefjord Prince

Wait, I am coming back after like a 6 month absence, is there talks of EXP 3?

RohirrimElf likes this.
  10. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Yes there's talks.

As in, us talking about it and nothing happening.

679x and RohirrimElf like this.
  11. Jeppetto

Jeppetto King

Given how much we speculated there's talks about literally everything in this threads. But yes, exp 3 is possibility, so is Season Pass for DLCs released over the course of the year, but nothing firmly confirmed.

RohirrimElf and AntSou like this.
  12. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

We've been predicting it and being wrong about it since November.

And by nothing firmly confirmed Jeppetto means nothing confirmed, firmly or otherwise.

Essentially stuff has been happening that we've interpreted as clues. Most recently we've considered we might be getting new dlc and a season pass because of some hidden achievements which appeared on steam.

The next day on our calandar is January 23rd.

If we get that one wrong we'll have to reshedule as usual.

13. Jay247

Jay247 Chieftain

reeeealy hope we get some news soon, i feel like a school kid on christmas eve waiting for this new expansion/dlc lol

RohirrimElf likes this.
  14. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

2454 posts on this thread and i probably read most of them. Lurking through a lot of weeks. Just double checking Eagle Pursuits posts. Something must be wrong with me. I might have spend more time on civfanatics then actually playing the game in the last 4 months. i have decided from vanilla to play civ 6 a lot of time when the game has become good. and i think we already reached that point.

The thing that is bothering the most is how peacefull the game is after the third era. In my current game the Maori were gathering on my border and denounced me. Couple of turns later he blackmailed me for 2 gold pieces a turn. If i accepted he would leave me alone. If i declined he attacked me (which i did on second reroll). Why would the AI give the option not to attack for merely 2 gold a turn. Insult me is ok. But just attack with all you got. 2 gold is nothing.

Bonci and j0tak like this.
  15. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Yeah but you gave in.
    It’s a nice way to get a bit of extra gold without causing grievances, but you do have to rock up to the border with your troops for the threat to work. 2 GP is a joke but you were pwned regardless.

Plaidman and CPWimmer like this.
  16. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

The AI lost more gold from troop maintenance than he got from the threat. Ergo, not worth.

17. kotpeter

kotpeter Warlord

We're used to rescheduling, so no big deal :D

AntSou likes this.
  18. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

What is 2 gold for mobster protection money while not maintaining an army vs losing 2 unprotected border cities?
    My point is it should have been like 30-40 gold per turn at this stage of the game for me to reconsider my options. No human player would have made the same decision.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    WillowBrook likes this.
  19. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Warlord

No sane human player, I must add...

RohirrimElf likes this.
  20. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

Slartibartfast says: Do not touch my fjords!

Jeppetto and SammyKhalifa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.