1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

This is Civilization Immortal for mobile phones, a hybrid between fortnite minecraft moba and civ, winning match wins city. You can also buy it for science, culture, gold and Firaxis Diamonds, all of which are bought with real currency. Leaders shout hilarious memes, for example "trololo" or "keep calm and carry on". Every female leader is drawn in anime style and in sexist clothes. The influx of Chinese mobile addicts makes this spin off eventually replace civ series until heat death of universe when everybody dies and is free from torment.

You can also use firaxis diamonds to make advertisement algorithms more and more personalized for your tastes, but only if you synchronize the account with Facebook.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    Jeppetto likes this.
  2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Boston marathon ehh. Not to stereotype, but facts are facts. And is already mentioned above. Ethiopians do very well in marathons such as these. I think a fairly high chance we see Ethiopia. Of course Kenyans are great runners as well, better than Ethiopians.

AntSou and RohirrimElf like this.
  3. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

While I don't disagree that Ethiopia are likely to feature if this is an expansion or new Civ DLC, I am about 99.9% certain that the name "runner" doesn't allude to a national/racial stereotype, however accurate it may be.

It's more likely to be a nod to the theme of the DLC. The 'Blade Runner' suggestion is a bit more plausible to me, or it could refer to a new unit.

4. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

No, not at all. I believe, your placehoder theory is quite appropriate.

If it does have anything to do with the actual DLC, though, I don't believe it hints toward any content.
    Possibly more with a technical aspect of the upcomming DLC?

Hmmm ... it's called, "runner", not "sprinter". ... then Boston and the marathon ...
    Wasn't there some theory about a prolonged sequel of smaller DLCs instad of the one big, last expansion?
    Wouldn't this fit quite nicely to the allegory of a marathon runner?

Not that I would prefere this outcome over a 3rd expansion, don't get me wrong here. It's just me freely associating.

5. Zdarg

Zdarg Prince

Well, I am not native English, and for me "runner" means mostly "show runner"

6. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Blockade runners.

7. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

Ah so now we have a new paradigm, important news no longer drops while I am asleep, but when I am at work

8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Editions are made with packages, not by making new DLC apps and depots.

9. Pistol90

Pistol90 Warlord

That's kind of answer I was hoping for ...

So its either DLC or expansions than .... I would surely put my money on expansions, because you cant now start new DLC cicle because you would need at least 4 or 5 of them to put all missing civ's, and its taking too long for just DLC with one or two new civs.

I guess we can say there is almost no chance at this point we wont get some new content for Civ6. Only question is how much, when, and how it would be put together.

WillowBrook likes this.
  10. nauberry

nauberry Chieftain

Were the expansions also annded in new DLC apps, or just the previous DLC content?

11. Matthias Corvinus

Matthias Corvinus Chieftain

Maybe they plan on releasing an update and then revealing a new expansion

12. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

This is total speculation, but here's my (provisional) interpretation of Runner: it's a nickname for Ed Beach, and this will be an expansion that has his fingerprints all over it. It will fill out the game like the last Civ V expansion did. Possible features include ideologies, a new Enlightenment era, overhaul of trade system, colonization mechanics, and economic victory.

13. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

From a technical standpoint, expansions are DLC.

Deliverator and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  14. pokiehl

pokiehl King

...Damn it, now I'm really excited.

15. Leucarum

Leucarum King

I believe people said that the number of achievements was closer to the previous small DLC like Australia or SE Asia right?

If so doesn't a single civ plus a scenario seem the most likely? Maybe Ethiopia plus a racing themed scenario? First to circumnavigate the world?

WillowBrook likes this.
  16. Jay247

Jay247 Chieftain

Any guesses on when we will hear something official?

17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

March 4

RohirrimElf likes this.
  18. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

The thread soon must be renamed to Spring Update. :)

19. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

20. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Just mouse-over the tile and the tool-tip will tell you. ;)

Like Willow Brook said, it's probably just an allusion to Ed Beach running the Marathon and nothing more. After all, "falconchase" was a reference to Eagle Pursuit and had nothing to do with any of that DLC's content.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    Inawordyes, Meluhhan, 679x and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.