[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Civilization Immortal for mobile phones, a hybrid between fortnite minecraft moba and civ, winning match wins city. You can also buy it for science, culture, gold and Firaxis Diamonds, all of which are bought with real currency. Leaders shout hilarious memes, for example "trololo" or "keep calm and carry on". Every female leader is drawn in anime style and in sexist clothes. The influx of Chinese mobile addicts makes this spin off eventually replace civ series until heat death of universe when everybody dies and is free from torment.

You can also use firaxis diamonds to make advertisement algorithms more and more personalized for your tastes, but only if you synchronize the account with Facebook.

Last edited:
Boston marathon ehh. Not to stereotype, but facts are facts. And is already mentioned above. Ethiopians do very well in marathons such as these. I think a fairly high chance we see Ethiopia. Of course Kenyans are great runners as well, better than Ethiopians.

Boston marathon ehh. Not to stereotype, but facts are facts. And is already mentioned above. Ethiopians do very well in marathons such as these. I think a fairly high chance we see Ethiopia. Of course Kenyans are great runners as well, better than Ethiopians.
While I don't disagree that Ethiopia are likely to feature if this is an expansion or new Civ DLC, I am about 99.9% certain that the name "runner" doesn't allude to a national/racial stereotype, however accurate it may be.

It's more likely to be a nod to the theme of the DLC. The 'Blade Runner' suggestion is a bit more plausible to me, or it could refer to a new unit.

Are we sure "runner" actually has a link to what the theme of a possible dlc/expansion would be.

No, not at all. I believe, your placehoder theory is quite appropriate.

If it does have anything to do with the actual DLC, though, I don't believe it hints toward any content.
Possibly more with a technical aspect of the upcomming DLC?

Hmmm ... it's called, "runner", not "sprinter". ... then Boston and the marathon ...
Wasn't there some theory about a prolonged sequel of smaller DLCs instad of the one big, last expansion?
Wouldn't this fit quite nicely to the allegory of a marathon runner?

Not that I would prefere this outcome over a 3rd expansion, don't get me wrong here. It's just me freely associating.

Ah so now we have a new paradigm, important news no longer drops while I am asleep, but when I am at work

Editions are made with packages, not by making new DLC apps and depots.

That's kind of answer I was hoping for ...

So its either DLC or expansions than .... I would surely put my money on expansions, because you cant now start new DLC cicle because you would need at least 4 or 5 of them to put all missing civ's, and its taking too long for just DLC with one or two new civs.

I guess we can say there is almost no chance at this point we wont get some new content for Civ6. Only question is how much, when, and how it would be put together.

Editions are made with packages, not by making new DLC apps and depots.
Were the expansions also annded in new DLC apps, or just the previous DLC content?

Well, it looks like Ed might be busy that day: https://twitter.com/EdBeach23/status/1230246106757464065

This is total speculation, but here's my (provisional) interpretation of Runner: it's a nickname for Ed Beach, and this will be an expansion that has his fingerprints all over it. It will fill out the game like the last Civ V expansion did. Possible features include ideologies, a new Enlightenment era, overhaul of trade system, colonization mechanics, and economic victory.

This is total speculation, but here's my (provisional) interpretation of Runner: it's a nickname for Ed Beach, and this will be an expansion that has his fingerprints all over it. It will fill out the game like the last Civ V expansion did. Possible features include ideologies, a new Enlightenment era, overhaul of trade system, colonization mechanics, and economic victory.

...Damn it, now I'm really excited.

I believe people said that the number of achievements was closer to the previous small DLC like Australia or SE Asia right?

If so doesn't a single civ plus a scenario seem the most likely? Maybe Ethiopia plus a racing themed scenario? First to circumnavigate the world?

We are sailing our ship in the middle of a body of water. Not knowing if it is a lake or an ocean.

Just mouse-over the tile and the tool-tip will tell you. ;)

Are we sure "runner" actually has a link to what the theme of a possible dlc/expansion would be.
It might be a new ancient/classical unit or event. Or just a placeholder name since firaxis knows we are paying close attention.
Having to do less then 1% with the new package. It is not like firaxis throws us a real bone to chew on.

Like Willow Brook said, it's probably just an allusion to Ed Beach running the Marathon and nothing more. After all, "falconchase" was a reference to Eagle Pursuit and had nothing to do with any of that DLC's content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom