[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they make it in a day or two? It's already 2020 if you forgot.

Firaxis are clearly changing the game cycle of Civ games. Someone mentioned the idea of Civ going down the Paradox path. Meaning a base game would be released less often, but there will be plenty of DLCs/Expansions with time. If that's true, we might not see a Civ 7 for a while yet.

They probably have basic ideas about Civ 7, but beside maybe some prototype of possible system's - I dont think any actual coding and development is in progress.

I really think you guys are reading too much into the name "runner" but time will tell.

Can you blame us, we are running out of ideas. So we see slight chance for speculation and we run for it.

Runner might be a reference to how they see Civ VI development as a marathon, not a sprint, something that Ed said an eternity ago. The runner is getting at the end of the marathon, meaning this is the last piece of paid content... or it's just a random name that they picked because whatever, who cares? Call it runner.

Ok, I'm going to back off my normal Doom-Saying and say this:

We've seen a bunch of updates to the existing depots that all mysteriously stopped. Now in the space of a week we get a new depot created... and nothing in it. Then suddenly the Smoke build gets crazy busy.

I think we're going to get a "final" GS patch and an announcement of a third expansion (which is the runner depot).

The patch will hit "Soon" as in VERY soon and will end on a teaser alluding to Ed Beech running in the Boston Marathon and how excited everyone is for THAT SPECIFIC DAY in the video.

The 3rd Expansion announcement will be on Boston Marathon day.
The Boston Marathon is run on Patriot's Day which is Monday, April 20th this year. Do they normally make announcements on Mondays?

If Ed Beach is working on a third expansion or big patch update. Just imagine what you would do when you must create a new password for a website. Personally i often use the closest thing nearby. Say “popcorn” or “plasticwaterbottle”. What might have popped up first in his mind might be the Boston run he is excited about. Dont draw conclusions guys. Runner might not mean anything. But if i were Ed Beach i would have prefered to use a meme.

I've actually spent far too much time dreaming up and planning (but not having any time to execute :( ) mods for the Athletics space. It's a part of human history and experience that the games have so far mostly glossed over.

It could be:
- a way of competing between civs other than religion or war or loyalty. That said the loyalty system existing probably means it wouldn't be that.
- great people coming from entertainment districts? My (unfinished) Great Athletes mod does this sort of thing.

One interesting thing about athletics in history is that ancient athletics was almost entirely about military actions, whereas more modern athletics is more about money, entertainment, and a sense of patriotism.

Runner might not mean anything.
Methinks it means simply, Ed is a very nice guy, who understands the situation and likes to help from time to time people, who cannot see themselves the path, which is lying in front of them ...

(He cannot make them see, but provides guidance)

Firaxis are clearly changing the game cycle of Civ games. Someone mentioned the idea of Civ going down the Paradox path. Meaning a base game would be released less often, but there will be plenty of DLCs/Expansions with time. If that's true, we might not see a Civ 7 for a while yet.
Hmm. If that's the case, it would be nice to get one last corker of a DLC for 6.

I wonder if smokea is just a alternative/parallel test to smoke or is we will get a smokeb and smokec later too?

They are sending us smoke signals. Assemble sentence off the extra letters of all smoke builds.

I have been lurking here for weeks just to stay up to date but can someone better explain the smoke builds? and also when i hover over the various depot number it comes up with "Madrid content", "Madrid DLC" and other things related to Madrid.. what would those mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom