1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectRonin

ElectRonin Chieftain

Firaxis are clearly changing the game cycle of Civ games. Someone mentioned the idea of Civ going down the Paradox path. Meaning a base game would be released less often, but there will be plenty of DLCs/Expansions with time. If that's true, we might not see a Civ 7 for a while yet.

riddleofsteel and RohirrimElf like this.
  2. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

What if the "runner" reference is about tweak to game speeds?

RohirrimElf likes this.
  3. Pistol90

Pistol90 Prince

They probably have basic ideas about Civ 7, but beside maybe some prototype of possible system's - I dont think any actual coding and development is in progress.

Duuk and acluewithout like this.
  4. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I'm sure at the very least they've had some sit-downs about Civ 7 doing pre-production stuff.

5. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

I really think you guys are reading too much into the name "runner" but time will tell.

6. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

He does get quote in the article.

7. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

Can you blame us, we are running out of ideas. So we see slight chance for speculation and we run for it.

WillowBrook likes this.
  8. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

Runner might be a reference to how they see Civ VI development as a marathon, not a sprint, something that Ed said an eternity ago. The runner is getting at the end of the marathon, meaning this is the last piece of paid content... or it's just a random name that they picked because whatever, who cares? Call it runner.

RohirrimElf and Cerilis like this.
  9. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

The Boston Marathon is run on Patriot's Day which is Monday, April 20th this year. Do they normally make announcements on Mondays?

RohirrimElf likes this.
  10. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

If Ed Beach is working on a third expansion or big patch update. Just imagine what you would do when you must create a new password for a website. Personally i often use the closest thing nearby. Say “popcorn” or “plasticwaterbottle”. What might have popped up first in his mind might be the Boston run he is excited about. Dont draw conclusions guys. Runner might not mean anything. But if i were Ed Beach i would have prefered to use a meme.

11. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

I've actually spent far too much time dreaming up and planning (but not having any time to execute :( ) mods for the Athletics space. It's a part of human history and experience that the games have so far mostly glossed over.

It could be:
    - a way of competing between civs other than religion or war or loyalty. That said the loyalty system existing probably means it wouldn't be that.
    - great people coming from entertainment districts? My (unfinished) Great Athletes mod does this sort of thing.

One interesting thing about athletics in history is that ancient athletics was almost entirely about military actions, whereas more modern athletics is more about money, entertainment, and a sense of patriotism.

Haig and aguaacrobata2 like this.
  12. cvb

cvb Prince

Methinks it means simply, Ed is a very nice guy, who understands the situation and likes to help from time to time people, who cannot see themselves the path, which is lying in front of them ...

(He cannot make them see, but provides guidance)

13. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

Hmm. If that's the case, it would be nice to get one last corker of a DLC for 6.

14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

There is now a Smoke A build. Runner is still not in use.

Inawordyes, conorbebe, Hawke9 and 6 others like this.
  15. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

I wonder if smokea is just a alternative/parallel test to smoke or is we will get a smokeb and smokec later too?

16. Eagle Pursuit

I suspect it's a parallel test.

CPWimmer and RohirrimElf like this.
  17. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

Maybe this is some kind of sick 4/20 joke. ;)

conorbebe likes this.
  18. Eagle Pursuit

We will see if they get to Smoke J.

19. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

They are sending us smoke signals. Assemble sentence off the extra letters of all smoke builds.

Inawordyes, Meluhhan, 679x and 2 others like this.
  20. adrifranchise

adrifranchise Chieftain

I have been lurking here for weeks just to stay up to date but can someone better explain the smoke builds? and also when i hover over the various depot number it comes up with "Madrid content", "Madrid DLC" and other things related to Madrid.. what would those mean?

Pappy Malcolm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.