1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Warlord

So something like Depot A have smoke and smokea for internal testing at Firaxis; Do some changes in Branch, upload smoke on to Steam and test. Feedback, changes done, upload to smokea. Compare across two branches and upload the chosen change to 2kqa_a, and they give feedback. New round with smoke and smokea, to come up with an alternative to 2kqa_a, and upload that as 2kqa_b. Now 2K can compare those two branches and give feedback. And rinse and repeat.
    And the same goes for Depot B with smokeb and smokec, and 2kqa_c and 2kqa_d.

I see this as a bit to much... Can't recall I have seen this behavior before with Firaxis.
    Since 2kqa_a and 2kqa_b are last active before Mac and Linux testing, what if that is done? Does two branches was what went over to Aspyr? So all 4 smokes we see now, are the second DLC?

acluewithout likes this.
  2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

2kqa_a and b were tested and then left in December along with Mac and Linux. Smoke and Smoke A seem to be testing something together. Smoke B and C seem to be testing something together. 2kqa_c was testing something but seems to be finished like a and b. 2kqa_d is testing something by itself.

But Runner and Plaid are empty depots, so none of these are actually testing the future DLCs. Or at least not to outward appearances unless Firaxis has some kind of trickery.

Inawordyes, Kjimmet, Meluhhan and 3 others like this.
  3. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

Tricksy Hobbitses....

4. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Prince

spaceballs the movie uses plaid speed to designate the highest possible speed. are we sure that runner and plaid are not just related names ( placeholders ) to each other rather then designating their content

5. Xur

Xur Prince

So tired of people saying you cant have pandemics, hurricanes etc while it’s happening in real life. You know there’s always a war somewhere on the planet? People play horror games where people are chopped up. People would rather see a guy get his brains shot out, than see a boob or use a swear word. People need to sort their priorities.

Civilization should be the good and the bad... and if you are offended, then dont buy the game. Jeez... this makes me angrier than it should.

the_sun, Builderphile and ghost88 like this.
  6. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Saxy Gamer has a video. Link.

He doesn’t really know anything more than we do, although he notes that the previous Civ / scenario DLC packs (eg Indonesia Khmer) had roughly ten achievements (I got that from the video). So, one possibility is that Runner and Plaid are each a Civ / Scenario with five achievements each.

I’m still hoping for an expansion or mini-expansion that fills in some gaps plus a leader / scenario pack, but could definitely see it being two separate leader packs.

Happy or disappointed, I’d like to know what’s going on either way. Bit sick of all this malarkey.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  7. Abaxial

Abaxial King

It's not offensive to you or me, but tabloid journalists looking to stir up outrage could exploit it. Of course other nasty things are happening in the world all over. Millions die of starvation and no-one gets worked up about that, because it doesn't affect the people who buy tabloid newspapers. On the other hand, Civ 6 is probably way outside their radar.

On another track, I note that Paradox just released the latest DLC/expansion for Stellaris, and a new one for Cities is just coming, so they are not deterred by the curent situation.

8. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

Yeah, we had already pointed out in this thread at some point that 10 achievements map to the same size as a few of the previous DLC's. My guess is that the 10 Achievements we saw are for just 1 of the items that are coming "soon". And that the others remain hidden, as they usually are at this point.

To be fair, excluding an official announcement from Firaxis, I feel that this thread and this community have a much better idea of what might be going on then any other source.

9. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I don't know that "being offended" has anything to do with it. I just don't think that I want to use my "escape from real life" time figuring out how to stave off a plague.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    Neirai and tedhebert like this.
  10. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

I’d agree with all of that.

11. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Every YouTuber milking this speculation into a video owes basically all of their info to EaglePursuit, so yeah, this is the most up to date place for info.

Inawordyes, Bosque, Kjimmet and 4 others like this.
  12. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Meanwhile I'm here about to watch Contagion. Never seen it before. Should be fun.

sonicmyst and SammyKhalifa like this.
  13. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Meanwhile the movie Outbreak, from the the nineties, is popular on Netflix right now.
    My family and I played the board game Pandemic this week and had fun.
    Different tastes is all.

14. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Better than silence.

15. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Moderator Action: Enough of the movies, the tabloids and the outrage over contagions/pandemics. Please get back to topic.

16. Eagle Pursuit

The marketing build has been erased. It may become Diet Smoke or 2kqa_whatever soon.

17. Casworon

Casworon Prince

Why would they remove the marketing build. Does that suggest they are close to release?

RohirrimElf likes this.
  18. Eagle Pursuit

They've been converting a kinds of builds into qa and smoke builds. This is just the latest to get the treatment.

Inawordyes, bbbt, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  19. GunsGermsandSteel

GunsGermsandSteel Warlord

I can only hope they'll add another xpac. There are clearly 'holes' in unit techs and there are so many opportunities for new districts etc.
    Given that they have released this game on such a wide array of platforms it would only make sense for them to continue developing it. From a money-making standpoint releasing a new xpac and then formatting it to each platform would surely be more cost-effective than creating a whole new game, going through a whole litany of licensing/marketing/appealing to new fanbase etc

IMO everything points to new expansion.

acluewithout likes this.
  20. Eagle Pursuit

It's Smoke D. Runner and Plaid forgot their passwords and can't WFH.

CPWimmer, Inawordyes, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.