[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anything will be announced before Friday the 22nd, which is the console port release day. The following week is a holiday week in the US. Nothing is going to happen on or after the 28th. So the window of opportunity in November is the 25th through the 27th. There's also a significant possibility that they push off the announcement until the first week of December, just to clear the big holiday weekend.

With the ports releasing on the Friday, isn't there at least a chance that they might announce a 3rd expansion just prior to Thanksgiving.....to capitalize on the post-port hype? ;) I'm thinking perhaps the 26th or 27th of November!

With the ports releasing on the Friday, isn't there at least a chance that they might announce a 3rd expansion just prior to Thanksgiving.....to capitalize on the post-port hype? ;) I'm thinking perhaps the 26th or 27th of November!
IF there's a third expansion coming on the same sort of calendar timing as the other two, I agree, and I'd peg the 26th as the most likely announce date because they like to post videos on Tuesdays, and because people don't like to do much at the office the day before Thanksgiving. But that's a big IF.

I'm starting to get worried that we're not seeing the sort of activity we saw in the build-up to the last two expansion announcements. Could be that we're getting one later, or something other than an expansion. Still hoping for XP3 until proven otherwise!

I'm starting to get worried that we're not seeing the sort of activity we saw in the build-up to the last two expansion announcements. Could be that we're getting one later, or something other than an expansion. Still hoping for XP3 until proven otherwise!
I think there's a good chance they've figured out how to hide any future content they're working on.

Last time they didn't have console ports in the works.

I think there's a good chance they've figured out how to hide any future content they're working on.

I'm in a closed beta test for something (not Civ!). So I now know for a fact that it's possible to have new builds updating without so much as a ripple on SteamDB. I suspect an unnamed shadow app on Steam.

@Aussie_Lurker last time they had the Switch version which came out 4 days before GS was officially announced.

They may be working on the winter patch, but as far as my sources can tell there is no Exp Pack 3 just yet. Although oddly enough, Firaxis did post on twitter about needing a slew of new hires for positions most likely to be used in Civ. So who knows what that is for but my bet is there is a build up for Civ 7 which is still a good many years out.

Hopefully they will add the map timelapse at the end of the game. It surely cannot be that hard to implement and all previous iteration of civilization had one.
I would love for that to be back! All they would need to do is just capture an image of the mini-map at the end of every turn and then run through them sequentally, it may take up space but if they are recording all of the other details in the graphs then surely this would be possible? (even if they dumbed the map down to not show hills, features, resources and wonders, just terrain biome, city centres and tile ownership colours).

I would also love for them to also include a Tourism per turn graph; I know there are lots of modifiers that effect tourism to another civ but I still want to see my raw tourism per turn.

Maybe also a graph of number of active trade routes, military strength, Gold per turn, Faith per turn, Total reserched techs and Total developed civics too.

...Oh! A graph of number of tiles explored by each player! That would be very intresting~

They may be working on the winter patch, but as far as my sources can tell there is no Exp Pack 3 just yet. Although oddly enough, Firaxis did post on twitter about needing a slew of new hires for positions most likely to be used in Civ. So who knows what that is for but my bet is there is a build up for Civ 7 which is still a good many years out.
Your "sources"?

Firaxis is probably hard at work on xcom 3 or another project we dont know about. If there is work being done on a future civ it is probably just a skeleton crew. It wont come within like 5 years or so.
Just because there are no steam depots or the usual build up behind the scenes leading to an expansion.
Does not mean there is not a third expansion in the works. We might know in the coming weeks as November is the usual month for an expansion announcement.

Personally i think there is more to come for civ 6. Wether it is a couple more free patches with leader pack dlc’s. Or a last expansion.

Firaxis is probably hard at work on xcom 3 or another project we dont know about. If there is work being done on a future civ it is probably just a skeleton crew. It wont come within like 5 years or so.
Just because there are no steam depots or the usual build up behind the scenes leading to an expansion.
Does not mean there is not a third expansion in the works. We might know in the coming weeks as November is the usual month for an expansion announcement.

Personally i think there is more to come for civ 6. Wether it is a couple more free patches with leader pack dlc’s. Or a last expansion.

Colonization 3 or Alpha Centauri 2... :scan:

They should cancel the third expansion and release Civilization VI: The Musical. We already got a battle royale mode, Firaxis clearly has no limits, so just make it happen!!! Eight hours straight of Gilgamesh dancing and singing, it can't get any better.

They should cancel the third expansion and release Civilization VI: The Musical. We already got a battle royale mode, Firaxis clearly has no limits, so just make it happen!!! Eight hours straight of Gilgamesh dancing and singing, it can't get any better.
They'll do a super-mysterious live stream for XP3 just like they did for the Gathering Storm announcement, only this time it will just consist of playing the Hungarian theme non-stop until we all go mad :crazyeye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom