[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It pains me to say it because it looks like they put a lot of effort into world congress, but I think it's terrible. The initiatives are too convoluted, there's too little control on what goes on, and broadly speaking it doesn't usually have much to do with the game.

They say they included randomness to keep all the options on the table, but I would have rather had fewer, better balanced options than more poorly balanced options. I would have liked to see a simpler system knowing this is the result of a more complex one.

I think it'd be neat if each era instead of, or maybe in addition to, the random initiatives the topics of the era would come up in congress and you would have to vote on how to address them. Like the rise of organised labour in the Mediaeval period, Nationalism in the industrial/modern period, globalisation in the information era., disarmament/proliferation in the atomic era etc.. Kind of like dedications maybe, where you shape the direction the world is headed to attempt to benefit from it or damage your enemies by controlling the world's development. I'm not sure if it'd be better to have only one of these issues or more as the era develops, like in the mediaeval era there might be resolutions on the plagues, labour shortages, discovering the new world, collapse of empire/barbarians rising, mercenaries etc..
Oh for sure. These are all great ideas. I think we could also get an interesting take if a Civ discovers us, and how we interact with that Civ. Or maybe a Civ's culture is threatening yours, and you have to decide whether to embrace it or close yourself off to it.

I think World Congress still needs some tweaks, though, I agree.

The problem with this thread is that there is literally nothing of value to discuss. Firaxis hasn't given us any actual indication that Civ6 is still alive.

For all we know, February will be an announcement that Civ7 is in development and will be released in Q4 2020.

Yes, this thread really got going because we were expecting something in late November, or a patch at least. But there's nothing to chew over, and now won't be until January.

The problem with this thread is that there is literally nothing of value to discuss. Firaxis hasn't given us any actual indication that Civ6 is still alive.

For all we know, February will be an announcement that Civ7 is in development and will be released in Q4 2020.

Well, that's not true. When they released the latest patch, they said that they're definitely not done working on Civ VI and that there was more to come. We just don't know when it'll come or what form it'll take.

February will be an announcement that Civ7 is in development and will be released in Q4 2020

historically speaking on average every 5 years a new civ iteration comes out so , rather 2021 than 2020. also between civ5 and 6 there was 6 years i believe

they will need to patch things. there are way too many bugs , some are game breaking and there are lots of multiplayer issues that they need to address especially with the different platforms. Unfortunately we wont hear anything for at least a month now that it is so late in December

Well, that's not true. When they released the latest patch, they said that they're definitely not done working on Civ VI and that there was more to come. We just don't know when it'll come or what form it'll take.

Unfortunately that's not true as I remember it. The "we're not done"' came before Red Death. Although they have acknowledged the final version of of Worldbuilder still isn't complete.

Unfortunately that's not true as I remember it. The "we're not done"' came before Red Death. Although they have acknowledged the final version of of Worldbuilder still isn't complete.
From the end of the Red Death livestream (1:03:51)
"...as per usual we're still not done." - Dennis Shirk

historically speaking on average every 5 years a new civ iteration comes out so , rather 2021 than 2020. also between civ5 and 6 there was 6 years i believe

they will need to patch things. there are way too many bugs , some are game breaking and there are lots of multiplayer issues that they need to address especially with the different platforms. Unfortunately we wont hear anything for at least a month now that it is so late in December

Dont see civ 7 happening in 2020 or 2021. Not even 2022. My prediction is that development on civ 6 will go on for quite some time. I still think firaxis will unleash good stuff for the modding community at the end. So they can be put to work for another 2-3 years. Giving them time to do some interesting overhaul. When civ 6 is final and modders wont get interupted with mod breaking patches. civ 6 should still be a very popular game till civ 7 has like 1-2 years of development behind it and is past the launch. This game should be fine for another 5 years till interest drops. That is if it is still supported with first firaxis and later modding community.

I stand corrected!
:mischief:;)

Personally, I didn't really care if there was an update or not. It takes me so long to get my modding done that I cringe whenever there's a new patch and I have to start going through my code again to make sure it all still works correctly. Nevermind any new stuff I want to add. However, I think at least a small bug-fixing patch would have been a nice Christmas present and an incentive for people to play over the holidays.

"we're not done!" doesn't specifically mean they're not done with Civ6. Just that THE TEAM isn't done with things. For all we know there could be a spin-off or any number of other things... including Civ7.

I'm not saying that Civ7 is definitely the next step, I'm just increasingly of the opinion that Civ6 might be finished.

"we're not done!" doesn't specifically mean they're not done with Civ6. Just that THE TEAM isn't done with things. For all we know there could be a spin-off or any number of other things... including Civ7.

I'm not saying that Civ7 is definitely the next step, I'm just increasingly of the opinion that Civ6 might be finished.

In the context, yes. It means they are not done with Civ VI.

It is a Civ VI, video, and they are just saying "this is still not the end". Which is the thing they say after every Civ VI patch.

yeah as mentioned, there's hardly anything to especulate about, honestly the Humankind thread is more interesting, simply because they are actually putting out small snippets for us to chew on.

I think I'll be taking a break from the site until next year, maybe they'll mention anything by then. see you guys then and have a nice holiday!

Nono, you've got to speculate! Speculate why they chose those particular wonders!

Why would they choose the Hanging Gardens... of Babylon?

Assyria confirmed!
this is a joke because I saw a documentary on how some archaeologist theorizes that the Hanging Gardens were actually built in Assyria and had some proof but apparently the warring in that place is too dangerous to confirm the theory

Firaxis hasn't given us any actual indication that Civ6 is still alive.
The steam updates show that there's a patch in the works. It may turn out to be small with no significant gameplay changes, but Civ VI is definitely not completely dead.

However, the chance of seeing anything this calendar year is quite small at this point.

Nono, you've got to speculate! Speculate why they chose those particular wonders!

Why would they choose the Hanging Gardens... of Babylon?

They're trying to drive us all mad with speculation, to use it as a teaser to their new mass hysteria mechanic.

"Your citizens can go mad now, just like these Civfanatics users!!" Show us in an asylum for the insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom