[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not yet released, it is part of JFD's work in the Rule with Faith series.

Oh ok then.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Rule with Faith is a lil bit outdated right now isn't it? I've been looking into the dark policies module and some more and there were many people saying it didn't work properly.

Oh ok then.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Rule with Faith is a lil bit outdated right now isn't it? I've been looking into the dark policies module and some more and there were many people saying it didn't work properly.

I am currently playing a game with 127 mods, including 16 of RwF and I can assure you that everything works perfectly (all of them in Spanish, by the way). If you have any questions about mods or I can help you with something we can talk about it privately to not divert the thread

If you are looking for new mechanics, you just have to look at the mods available for both civ 5 and civ6.
Here are some examples:

- Interactive events, decisions and quests.
An interactive event system can be added (remember the interactions of Beyond Earth or the Outback scenario).
Events can be random or guided in a mission system similar to the victory system of Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth.
It is a way to enhance the roleplay of your civilization as well as creating a story.
A lot of existing or news elements can be linked to this system (epithets, state religion, ethnicity, ideology,....)
Here are some pictures to get an idea (check the event and decisions for civ5, the JFD mods of Rule with Faith or all the wonderful work of Sukritact among others if you are interested in more examples).

- New Rankings, fairs, conventions and link these to, for example, the world congress.
For example, a scientific congress could be set up in the city with more science in the world, granting benefits to its owner, for the next call of the same, that city continues to come into play but with a penalty, etc.
Some pictures:

- New content related to new ages like Colonization Era or the Enlightenment Era some even fantastic or anachronistic like the future, prehistory or steampunk (Maybe the latter were a bit controversial, but they are fun)

To all this, there are a lot of options that have already been discussed in this thread as Corporations, revamp of trade, new disasters, plague and a mechanic of health, etc ...
In short, I do see room for many new mechanics.

Regards

In line with your suggestions-an Update that primarily has the following:

Extended Mid-Game (Classical through Industrial).
Religion Game Overhaul (State/Non-State religions, connecting religion more closely to Diplomacy, War & Internal Stability, bringing in Great Theologians).
Plagues & Earthquake systems
Fleshing out of the Ages system (more dynamic Age thresholds, Dark Age specific Dedications, Golden Age Policy Cards)
Quests, Events & Decisions
More Dynamic City-State relationships

What kind of name could they give it? Do you have any thoughts?

"Tales and legends" (TaL) to refer to the storytelling factor of the Quests, Events & Decisions system.

That's kind of a cool name. Although I don't know why "quests" are supposed to be added, it's a strategy game not an RPG. At least call it something like a diplomatic favor.

I'd prefer a name with gravitas, no cliched phrases, and at least a passing reference to something historical. Completely depends on the content of the xp of course

That's kind of a cool name. Although I don't know why "quests" are supposed to be added, it's a strategy game not an RPG. At least call it something like a diplomatic favor.

Well, quests already are in game, given by city-states. They are very much called quests.

Considering I would want the expansion to have primarily an economic theme I think the name "Golden Legacy" would be the most appropriate.

That changes nothing. Civ is not an RPG, no reason why they should use RPG lingo over more realistic descriptions.

Well, Firaxis used that term in CivBE...

After all, and although it is not an RPG, we are roleplaying the leader of our civilization.

Well, Firaxis used that term in CivBE...

After all, and although it is not an RPG, we are roleplaying the leader of our civilization.
But BE is science fiction (and also considered by many to be not that great--perhaps not the best example if you want to convince people here of your point).

But they are not quests, they are favors. Quests are where you go and kill a monster or something. Doesn't matter what the devs are calling it, it's a poor choice of words.
The definition of quest is a journey towards a specific mission or goal, which is what you are trying to do. In that instance I don't see the problem with the name.

I do agree it would make a lot more sense in calling it a quest if the city states asking us to go out and wipe out another city-state or civ for an envoy. :mischief:

You mean like destroying a barbarian camp within five tiles of the city-state?
Come on smart guy, you know most quests are about recruiting a great person or building a wonder or something. And it's not even you who kill the barbarians, you just order your soldiers to do it for you.

The definition of quest is a journey towards a specific mission or goal, which is what you are trying to do. In that instance I don't see the problem with the name.

I would say they are trying to give the player more ways of interacting with other civs. Which is why calling it favors make much more sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom