G-Major 11

Dianthus

Small but hardy
Retired Moderator
Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Cultural (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Monarch
  • Starting Era: Any
  • Map Size: Large
  • Map Type: Any
  • Speed: Epic
  • Civ: Any
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: 1.61.011 or 2.08.004
  • Date: 25th April to 24th May 2007
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

you beauty! A major where I don't have to play for 4 days solid to win!

I'm certainly going to give it a go.
I suggest posting a heart felt request that NO ONE actually submit a culture game for the next month :D

I think I'll give this one a go as Gandhi...He'd make a great opponent, but I think he'd make a better candidate for a fast victory...Spiritual and Philosophical(Warlord) should be a good combo.

Back to epic. That will be nice. I get all confused when playing the other speeds. I think I'm doing really well to build a wonder in 25 turns but then realise it's just because the game speed is faster.

Epic is the One True Speed!

I wonder if I can do better than second-to-last on this one. Cultural is probably my favourite victory condition although I've never done it on Large Monarch before.

Is there any real difference between a Major and a Minor, other than the length of time it is open for?

I'm a little rusty on these larger maps. How many temples does it take for a cathedral? 3, right?...not 4.

Yes, we need 3 temples for a cathedral, 4 is for huge.

Anyway I agree that Gandhi is the best choice, but in Vanilla (ind/spi), because industrial is important for cultural, especially if you don't have stone or marble at the beginning of the game.

Starting with mysticism is very useful, that's why Ramses (ind/spi as well) is not so good choice.

However creative ability can be useful as well, and not just because of +2 culture, but double library production. Unfortunatelly Luis (ind/cre) doesn't have mysticism either.

Yeees, culture! :) :goodjob: :) Quick speed and Deity would have been even better, but I am not complaining.

I will shoot for #1, you are warned!:p Vanilla Eliz and Vanilla Saladin are my heroes. I could try a single Quechua rush too.

damn it... a major i think i can win but most probably no time to contribute...:cry:

Warlords Huayna ftw. If I find some time to try.

This sounds like an interesting major. Not as time consuming as the last one, while not as hard as the one before. Too bad this isn't emperor or immortal, where there's still a blank spot in the HoF table!

Interesting, so i can learn something on cultural, where i'm weak (as in diplo).
Someone can say i'm weak anywhere, OK i'm worst than in other conditions.

No infinite attempts to try to pop a settler from a GH.
Gandhi in warlords, or Saladin in vanilla.
Stone and marble needed (but to be honest i like to have them for any victory).

Top Bottom