Game Pace - your first game?

Which pace are you going to use in your first game?

• Marathon

Votes: 63 21.9%
  • Epic

Votes: 53 18.4%
  • Normal

Votes: 163 56.6%
  • Quick

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Don't care / random

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

Lancor

Prince
Just a quick poll about it obviously. ;)

Although I really like epic, as it's a good mix between more militaristic combat and technological evolution, I think for starters I'm going for a normal game to check the new features out! :)

Epic and if its to fast then Marathon. Would go Marathon directly but they might not have had time to balance it and with all the moves units have it might be to many turns of moving things.

Assuming it's anything like Civ IV ... epic. No need to play test the game on a speed I won't end up playing on :)

Marathon. Is there really any other choice?

When I see things like destroyers being only one tech away from Ironclads, the decision is easy. How can anyone not play marathon?

Marathon of course. I don't want my units to become obsolete a few turns after being produced. 20 turns per tech on average is a good rate of technological advancement for me.

Wow, am I the only person who plays the game on normal speed?

I'll do epic at first, as that's what I mostly played in Civ IV. Then I'll see if it's too fast, and consider playing some on marathon.

Normal speed for me. Going to play 1 or 2 levels of difficulty below what I usually play, because [1] I want an easy introduction into the game, and [2] I am planning to be a wonder-monger so I am definitely going for Egypt as my first civ :D

I played normal in Civ 4 because Marathon/Epic really messed up unit balance (Marathon in particular with cheaper units). I'll play my first game at normal because that's the, well, normal speed that its intended to be played at. If it's too fast, I might go up to epic.

normally play on epic, but the first game if going to be a throw away game anyways, and i wanna get a good feel for the whole game ... so ill be playing on normal

I never, not even once, played IV on anything less than marathon and I don't see why V would be any different.

Assuming it's anything like Civ IV ... epic. No need to play test the game on a speed I won't end up playing on :)

Agreed. I'm not even a warmonger and I find the normal pace too fast - units get obsoleted way too quickly.

normally play on epic, but the first game if going to be a throw away game anyways, and i wanna get a good feel for the whole game ... so ill be playing on normal

Dunno, after all this info, prep, etc, I feel like I know how to play to win, baby!

Or not. I usually restart 20 times before finishing a new game like this due to the error component of trial and error.

I hate to be the odd man out... but I've always liked Quick... I think it's because I can finish a game in one day if I'm uninterupted and it allows me to test out more civilizations and scenarios. I know... I'm a terrible Civfanatic. I'll go hide my marathonless face in shame.

With the simplified tech tree marathon will be the only way to go. Even in civ 4 normal speed just seems too fast.

going normal on first, i wanna see how the game progress before i turn to marathon, besides i play normal when i want to challenge the AI on higher levels, dunno feels more fair to teh AI.

Top Bottom