Game Settings - Final Results

It's philosophical to me. I like philosophical discussions.

I don't think we even disagree that much any more anyway. I now know where you're coming from, the only point of difference is the precise level of how big a deal it is, and on a broad scale I don't think we're as far apart as we sound on that either.

If someone else would like to make a controvertial statement to keep me busy until the game starts I'm happy to change the subject.

In the sense of the advantage gained it is not a big deal. Even then people might not fully exploit it. My problem is that this possible advantage should not exist in the first place.

From another point of view, the fact that we have a situation where teams are using different rules doesn't sit well with me, it really should be the same rule accross the board, one way or the other.

As for another controvertial statement to discuss, i believe Lord Parkin disagrees with everyone on every topic discussed as an excuse to pad his postcount
:p

Not really, it's just a convenient side effect of my opinions. ;)

Anyway, it appears that DaveMcW is posting the starting positions in the team forums, which obviously means the map is made, and which I assume means the civs have been set. So I guess this discussion is moot now.

It would be nice to have the full list of what civs/leaders each team ended up with, though. I'm hoping DaveMcW will post them soon, so I can start analysing them in ridiculous and unnecessary detail in the Team Sirius forum. :p

Not really, it's just a convenient side effect of my opinions. ;)
That's what they all say:mischief:

Anyway, it appears that DaveMcW is posting the starting positions in the team forums, which obviously means the map is made, and which I assume means the civs have been set. So I guess this discussion is moot now.
The discussion was moot for quite a while, it just carried on regardless due to inertia and a lack of better things to discuss while waiting for the game to start

It would be nice to have the full list of what civs/leaders each team ended up with, though. I'm hoping DaveMcW will post them soon, so I can start analysing them in ridiculous and unnecessary detail in the Team Sirius forum. :p
I'm sure you woke up extra early this morning to be prepared:D

I'm sure you woke up extra early this morning to be prepared:D
Actually I had a nice sleep in. It's 3pm where I am. :p

Incidentally, given the timing, I hope the starts aren't part of an April Fools' joke. That would be kind of funny. :lol: :p

It's not April Fools for me (or others of us) yet...:confused:

Not everyone is in the same time zone, though. April Fools' is already over here (or has 8 hours left, depending on whether you count the end at midday or midnight). :p

I am pleased to announce that all six teams picked a unique leader as their first choice!

Mavericks: Gandhi
AMAZON: Cyrus
Sirius: Willem van Oranje
CDZ: Ragnar
Merlot: Pacal II
Quatronia: Hannibal

Five teams provided a team password, and have received a screenshot of their starting location. Once I get the last password I will send the game off to the host.

Out of interest, have we had a vote on the final ruleset/even got close to agreeing one?

If we don't have any rules that is fine also, CDZ will be fine with that but if you guys are wanting one then it should be voted on by the teams.

Out of interest, have we had a vote on the final ruleset/even got close to agreeing one?

If we don't have any rules that is fine also, CDZ will be fine with that but if you guys are wanting one then it should be voted on by the teams.

As I understand it This was the Result of the final ruleset vote by the Teams.

As I understand it This was the Result of the final ruleset vote by the Teams.

Ah, well i can't see cdz having discussed that anywhere but tbh we're not particularly bothered either way, just wondered if we had come to a firm conclusion.

Luckily from memory we came up with absolutely no consequences for breaking the rules and therefore they're pretty much a non entity anyways!

I think this should be stickied for refenence purposes. Took me ages to find it

Top Bottom