Gameplay Discussion of Research

The Protectors of Faith faction is more than willing to :ar15: Hatty to get our religion. After all, we are PROTECTORS, and we part of protecting is gaining something to protect :D

Well, we could decide to rip-off Hatty for a religious tech, but then again, I would much prefer to have some metal handy. Bronze and Iron is top priority under all circumstances, as these also represent a substantial amount of hammers, which play a part in city location.

We're on monarch right? We can take out our neighbours fairly easily seeing as we have horses and can always beeline towards cats if we don't have a metal.

Samurai need Iron, and I feel like we'd be wasting a great UU if we didn't attempt to get it.

We got different opinions on the matter, and happily, the Prime Faction opinion will prevail. Writing, then iron.

We got different opinions on the matter, and happily, the Prime Faction opinion will prevail. Writing, then iron.

Quite but as this is the gameplay forum and not the role playing forum this is the place where things like that can be argued.

I still dont think, IMO, that IW would be the best to go for right now. The main objective on the Philosopher's is to get out 2 settlers for our allied factions. I know Provo wants IW so he can settle by a metal, but the Warlords will not have their city for some time, as the Protectors get the first one. Therefor, I think it is within our best interest to not immediately shoot for IW. We have time on our hands, and there are more important things.

Well, we got writing coming up too :) And in that instance, Math would be very helpful if we take the currency/writing route to code of law.
Otherwise, we need to research meditation and priesthood, which we could get from Spain anyways later.

Oh, I wasn't saying we need IW now, I was just saying that we should make IW high on our priority list so we avoid the dreaded no-iron scenario when we could be dominating with samurai.

I think someone here purposefully misunderstood our intentions, to make our initial plan look stupid, just to replace it with their "zerg-like" plan we had to embrace. But our point remains, we want Iron Working just prior to the conclusion of the third settler, so we can choose where we can settle, get the hammer bonus as well as gear towards mass production of military units.

I think someone here purposefully misunderstood our intentions, to make our initial plan look stupid, just to replace it with their "zerg-like" plan we had to embrace. But our point remains, we want Iron Working just prior to the conclusion of the third settler, so we can choose where we can settle, get the hammer bonus as well as gear towards mass production of military units.

:lol: understanding your intentions would be quite difficult, in one post you've managed to propose 4 or 5 different techs, though im curious as to what this zerg like plan is?

As long as my coalition partners and my faction members, and a couple of independents understand my intentions, I am quite fine with it.
We have been toying with some ideas back and forth, but the iron before 3rd settler is a constant, so better count with it.

As long as my coalition partners and my faction members, and a couple of independents understand my intentions, I am quite fine with it.
We have been toying with some ideas back and forth, but the iron before 3rd settler is a constant, so better count with it.

Quite but again, 'as this is the gameplay forum' this is where others can express their opinion, there is no need for you to think of it as a personal attack. As i've seen posts made by people in instances such as this before then i wont be put off it but if i had have been a new person to the demogame then congratulations the scared of the new person medal could be awarded.

For being absolutely direct:

...And happily, the Prime Faction is a coalition, so that several opinions play in, one of them urging that we atleast try for an early religion. We can warmonger it from Hatshepshut if founding one ourselves fails. Since we already have BW to locate Copper aswell as we have horses in BFC, I think strategic resources play less of a part in techpath, and we can pursue an "early" religion without any significant losses.

I think gameplay should be understood as part of the bigger metagame and roleplay-experience, in order to provide advise. When someone settle, and where, is all a matter of preference and platform. A Warlord Faction, like ours, would of course prioritize iron for our city, as Faith would like religious buildings and a city wall for example, it is this area of politics I want you to see, in place of giving us tons of advise as if this was GOTM, HOF or a singleplayer game.

Well, we got writing coming up too And in that instance, Math would be very helpful if we take the currency/writing route to code of law.
Otherwise, we need to research meditation and priesthood, which we could get from Spain anyways later.

For not being direct

I think gameplay should be understood as part of the bigger metagame and roleplay-experience, in order to provide advise. When someone settle, and where, is all a matter of preference and platform. A Warlord Faction, like ours, would of course prioritize iron for our city, as Faith would like religious buildings and a city wall for example, it is this area of politics I want you to see, in place of giving us tons of advise as if this was GOTM, HOF or a singleplayer game.

I do appreciate that, which is why i havent ventured into the citizens forum as i don't particularly want to get bogged down in it and i do get that you being in a warlord faction= loves iron. Whilst i also understand that the dynamic in this demogame is to have rivaling factions and no-one to have control other than those in charge there has to be somewhere where views can be expressed relating to the game as awhole, otherwise in the future those who aren't in a leading faction/ independant/those not interested so much in the faction concept would begin to lose interest in the game.

Bah, you guys are confusing me with having the same avatar and all; I thought DiamondEye had double posted!

Remember people, this is the GAMEPLAY discussion of research. This is where we talk about ideal tech paths and such. If you want to make an argument on the basis of RP, there is a place for that. This also means that you can't attack people for recommending different techs.

Yes, my point was that the best way to go about it, is to find iron before we settle in place, since that is the only proper way to handle city placement of third city, as both copper and iron represents substantial production, much required for a future military city.

Top Bottom