Gamespy login doesn't respond.

Hi,

After 2 hours of Civ4 debugging I got multiplayer working with version 1.61! I started from exactly same problem, login did not do anything but halted for a second.

I would say the problem solving falls in two categories in this order:
1) Connectivity (firewall) issue resolving
2) GameSpy account resolving

Firewalls and port configurations are discussed widely around the forum. I disabled Windows firewall, configured Norton carefully to allow all UDP 2056 traffic and other TCP traffic (just in case) specified by gamespy. I also checked my ADSL router is not blocking any traffic. All set!

Next I set on debug logging in Civilization 4 ini file to:

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 1
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

This allowed me to see in logs following entry:
ERR: The uniquenick provided is incorrect.

I googled it to do with GameSpy. Now I new connection works just fine! My girlfriend (civ fanatic!) had created an account earlier today in www.gamespyid.com which I tried. Did not work. I also tried one older account. No luck. After some searching I found a post (thanks!) about a solution: no account created OUTSIDE the Civ4 game will work. I guess Civ4 account creation provides some data normal www.gamespyid.com registration does not. Ok, I went and created another account now INSIDE Civ4 which worked with no problems and I found myself in multiplayer lobby! Tested once that login also now worked. Debug off and to play!

I hope I have been able to give you some ideas.

I followed this method because it seemed to be the most logical...However, I did not have the same error. In my log I had:

ERR: Unable to contact the matchmaking server

I'm at a loss as to what I should do here...any help is welcome.

If you have done everything the post suggested, check your anti virus scanner. If you have McAfee Virus Scanner, disable the daemon. If you already have the scanner disabled, re-enable it and disable it. This is what happened to me. The daemon was disabled but was still running in the background until I re-disable it.

Im Going To be as specific as possible.when i run civ 4 on my laptop computer with windows vista,i decide to go into ''internet games''{witch is powered by gamespy} to see if i can pwn some pple.since i dont have a gamespy account,i decide to make a new one via the in game option.after filling the form,it twitches and pretends to ignore whatever i just did.after checking my firewalls,ive confirmed that that wasnt a problem.plz.respond to me and give me a response.in whatever way possible.i doubt ill be able to find this thread again.so my e-mail is siniardalexander@yahoo.com.CONTACT MEEEE!!!!!

This may sound stupid and a bad suggestion for how to fix this problem but after about an hour and a half of trying to fix civ 4 i realised that i did not have gamespy arcade installed and was never prompted to do so.

Even if you think its stupid, at least check to make sure you have gamespy installed on your computer.

Hi. I have tried to connect throw gamespy with a friend. We got so far so we can see eachother in the lobby and be buddies. We can send eachother messages. me and him can see when we are in staging room when we are trying to host seperatly! But the other one can´t see the game in the list!! No game´s for that matter.
Why is that, our computers are clearly in someway connected.
Yeah, i don´t think other people in the staging lobby can see us when we right in the lobby chat... but i´m not sure.

Why aren´t the game showing up in the gamelist in the lobby room???

Tried of course the direct IP way aswell but not sure if that gonna work either. hasen´t so far.

Top Bottom