1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Gathering Storm Screenshots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Haig

Haig Deity

One cool thing about the leaks is that I've read about stuff I hadn't read that much before, like Malinese Empire. Their armies were two thirds archers who used poisoned arrows. Also their footmen could carry poisoned blades... nasty.

Interestingly on Civilization's Facebook the people there have no idea of the leak... they keep requesting Canada a LOT (have been for past few years actually) and Ottomans, Inca, Portugal.... so quite many will be pleasantly surprised!

CivLuvah, Hawke9, Siptah and 2 others like this.
  2. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Spoiler :

Here is a Georgian city. Some of the buildings look similar with the green domes. I don't think Hungary's set is new but sharing it with Georgia, Russia and Poland.

Zaarin and sonicmyst like this.
  3. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Yes, this is what I'm thinking of - Hungary's buildings look very much like Georgia's, which was a new set in R&F.

4. Kheznik

Kheznik Warlord

Did they change the square footage of the granary? It definitely had a square base before, which always triggered be because of how much of the city it physically took up.

It seems like such a random, unimportant thing, but I have to admit I'm really excited about it. :lol: The monument also looks smaller.

5. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Yeah sadly they seem inevitable. Have to give the fans what they want. I have come to accept Canada as a civ. And I don't have room to talk since I support America as a civ. It looks like there may only be room for one Mesopotamia civ in the games now. And we got it. One is better than none I suppose.

6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Yes, they've reduced the space taken up by the granary and monument - a very nice little touch

Leyrann, Hawke9 and TahamiTsunami like this.
  7. ButtBillionaire

ButtBillionaire Warlord

I remember pointing out elsewhere that the current generic Western-Central European city set does not fit Norway at all, nor does the generic palace that comes with it, but it is not as urgent as, for example, Brazil using Aztec architecture. If Brazil won't be given a new city set this expansion, their city set should at the very least be changed to the Mediterranean-looking one Spain, Rome, Macedon and Greece use, preferably with a unique palace, too.

However, if Sweden is indeed on its way, I wouldn't be surprised if Firaxis instead decided to introduce a new Scandinavian city set for Sweden and Norway to use, as egregious as that would be in the face of other civs who need it more. In general, I hope that eventually all civs will have their own unique city styles, through mods if not official development. And a mod touching upon this already exists!

Zaarin, Kimiimaro, Siptah and 2 others like this.
  8. Haig

Haig Deity

Maybe there is a new general city set for the new Future era?

Rup, bbbt, WillowBrook and 4 others like this.
  9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

As noted by another poster, you can no longer ignore troops on your border demand from the AI.
    I thought it might be obscured by the youtube controls or camera window, but it doesn't appear to be there. It's at 43:48 in the Youtube video.

bite, KyivanRusCivPlease and Cerilis like this.
  10. Alexander's Hetaroi

The only thing I would change about Norway and Germany is the palace because the generic European palace only seems to suit France.
    I don't know if having a Viking themed Norway and a Renaissance/Industrial themed city sets make since in my opinion and Sweden would best be suited toward the Russian/Georgian architecture.

11. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

From this it looks like there will be a grievance if you said you will move your troops but you won't.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  12. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Also, if I understood other comments correctly, if you promise to move your troops and do so, you'll gain diplomatic favours.

Which if true, makes it doubly important for there to be some way to: (a) review what promises you've made, and (b) understand the rules around those promises well enough to not violate them if you're trying to avoid doing so.

Kimiimaro, Kjimmet, Zaarin and 5 others like this.
  13. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

With the ability to build canals, I wonder once people have researched Steam Power will they discard their ranged units (field cannons?) and use Frigates and then Battleships?

Frigates and Battleships are very powerful and with canals you can move them between your land empire.

Hawke9 and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  14. bbbt

bbbt Deity

It does make sense that if they are basing a lot of the grievance system around 'promises' that there isn't a way to just ignore making promises.

For your troops on the border one, it would be nice if there was a bit more options, but I'll be okay with it if the 'My troops are passing by' option means you essentially promise not to declare war within X number of turns (or declare war right away). If you fail even if you keep the peace because you "didn't move troops away from the border" (which is how it was at launch, and it was triggered by like everything), that will be super annoying. I don't want a return of my scout passing by trigger it and failing the promise.

15. LeroyJenkins

LeroyJenkins Chieftain

Sorry about the confusion I hadn't read past page 20 I jumped to about 31 so I could keep up better with more recent Info, I was still under the assumption that we thought the city sets included palaces my bad :).

16. ExtremeGardens

ExtremeGardens Chieftain

If so, it could mean that you can generate diplomatic favours by parading your military around other Civs just enough, before withdrawing into your territory. It's Gunboat Diplomacy for other Civilizations! (In Civ V, you can generate influence with City States if you take a tenet and move your military close by; it reminds me of that).

17. Alexander's Hetaroi

Anything to buff the Dutch I like. Not that they needed much to begin with.

18. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Can a Ranged Unit and Naval Ranged Unit share and attack from the same tile?

19. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Pretty sure they can if that tile is a city center. I don't think we know yet about canals.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  20. Alexander's Hetaroi

Not that I know of, but that is an interesting question. Can a military land unit move on a Canal district and share the same space as a ship on a Canal district? :think: