[GS] Gathering Storm Screenshots Discussion Thread

Wikipedia says they do...

Wikipedia breaks them into two mountain ranges. If Firaxis took that approach, that would leave two "slots" unnamed. Possibly in this game, Poland was the first to find more than two mountain ranges?

I'm not sure, though, why Firaxis wouldn't just subdivide the Polish ranges and get four names that way.

Wikipedia breaks them into two mountain ranges. If Firaxis took that approach, that would leave two "slots" unnamed. Possibly in this game, Poland was the first to find more than two mountain ranges?

I'm not sure, though, why Firaxis wouldn't just subdivide the Polish ranges and get four names that way.
Agreed. Subdividing the ranges would give Poland plenty of mountain ranges.

It is the Maori term for the Southern Alps, but I have kept it italicized in the features thread until we know more

So either Poland managed to discover enough mountain ranges to bankrupt their list, or Firaxis hasn't completed the Poland list, or they jury-rigged it to reveal Maori in this manner.

Or a civ without mountains found it first and named it

So either Poland managed to discover enough mountain ranges to bankrupt their list, or Firaxis hasn't completed the Poland list, or they jury-rigged it to reveal Maori in this manner.
It beseems me from the two streams we've seen that either the naming feature is still very much WIP or the civs' feature lists really need expanding stat. I would guess--or at least hope--it's the former.

Have we figured out what the new "empire" lens is? In Ed's tweet, he's showing the political lens, which shows the different civs' land. What would be different for empire?

I was thinking it might give each city's land a different color.

Have we figured out what the new "empire" lens is? In Ed's tweet, he's showing the political lens, which shows the different civs' land. What would be different for empire?

i asked on twitter, so let's see

I don't recognize this from Ed's screenshot on Twitter. Is that supposed to be a Neighbourhood?

Ah yea, I never build those so I couldn't think of it.

I just had a thought that if the Maori were in GS, then surely Rapa Nui would have a brand new Polynesian art style:

Rapanui.png

But it looks like Rapa Nui uses the South-East Asian graphics with an unusual amount of Ancient Era huts. This does not bode well for unique Maori city art.

Or maybe it's still early in development, meaning we probably won't see a Maori reveal anytime soon. I'm hoping it's that.

Top Bottom