[GS] Gathering Storm Screenshots Discussion Thread

Yes, but we don't know if it is a fixed cap. Ed stated that later units are going to use up resources while in play, so my guess is that the cap can be increased, either by gaining more of that resource, or cards, or techs.

But it could just be that each resource has its own set cap, and something like oil could have a cap of 200.

edit: it would be really cool if each civ had its own cap limits for each resource.

It would be nice if buildings could increase capacity, like maybe the armory.

So here is the new city set: Future Era cities. The other new one was Maori.

Anybody likes it?
View attachment 511708
I'm a fan actually, other than the clipping. It's not too over-the-top sci-fi. Actually it looks much better than the current Industrial/Atomic buildings (why did they go for Streamline Moderne instead of Art Deco for the post-Industrial buildings? :cry: ).

They made the builder suggestions icons for placing farms and mines a lot bigger in GS.

Spoiler Builder place farm and mine icons GS :

Civilization VI - Builder place farm and mine  icons GS.jpg

To me it looks rather terrible when I look how the black tower grows out of the globe structure.

Yeah, I hop they fix the clipping.

Hmm, Where can Ski Resort be built? On Mountain title or hill?

My guess is single mountain tile (not surrounded by other mountains).

I'm a fan actually, other than the clipping. It's not too over-the-top sci-fi. A

I like the future era buildings. Though I'm not sure about black. Most likely we'll continue using tinted glass for a long while. Black doesn't seem very environmentally friendly. Maybe in cold weather places.

So, the icon style of the Flood Barrier indicates that it is a Building. Curious.

Probably goes in the City Center, which is a little weird, because it appears on the coast. Either that or it's part of a new District, or perhaps it doesn't obey current building rules.

It's probably for dealing with coastal flooding like the ooster-thingamabob in the trailer.

So, the icon style of the Flood Barrier indicates that it is a Building. Curious.

Probably goes in the City Center, which is a little weird, because it appears on the coast. Either that or it's part of a new District, or perhaps it doesn't obey current building rules.

Oh, this is a new addition

"Adopt a government with 8 inherent...."

They changed the wording

I presume this means you can no longer get Computers and Castles earlier by buildling the appropriate Wonders/be a civ with more slots, and instead have to get Tier II and Tier III governments instead first.

They changed the wording

I presume this means you can no longer get Computers and Castles earlier by buildling the appropriate Wonders/be a civ with more slots, and instead have to get Tier II and Tier III governments instead first.

Hmmm. I'm not sure that's actually a good change. Then again, the bonus policy card Wonders were already amongst the best, and didn't really need this little extra bonus.

It doesn't really remind me of Singapore.....:(
I thought they said Hong Kong, and I'm definitely getting Hong Kong vibes:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

They changed the wording

That's a shame. :(

I thought they said Hong Kong, and I'm definitely getting Hong Kong vibes:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Nope, they said Singapore in the Livestream.

Nope, they said Singapore in the Livestream.
I wonder if they misspoke then, because the future city tileset has a definite Hong Kong vibe.

I wonder if they misspoke then, because the future city tileset has a definite Hong Kong vibe.

Hong Kong is a City-State in-game and now all the Civs will have their buildings! :p

Hong Kong is a City-State in-game and now all the Civs will have their buildings! :p
"Our people are now wearing your hanfu and listening to your C-pop." :p

Top Bottom