General A New Dawn discussion

45°38'N-13°47'E;13775393 said:
Unhappiness caused by civ size was introduced only lately

Why should civ size cause unhappiness anyway? You don't see any Canadians who are unhappy about their country size.

Why should civ size cause unhappiness anyway? You don't see any Canadians who are unhappy about their country size.
It's just a way to model difficulty in handling a large country. It's there for gameplay purpose

Just lost a First-To bonus to the Barbarians. Pretty sure it wasn't coincidence, since I got the message "Great Diplomat has been born in a far away land!" and then on the same turn "Barbarian's Golden Age has begun!"

Should the Barbarian state really be able to trigger First to Discover bonuses like that?
I saw them discover Sedentary Lifestyle first a few times in C2C, and I've seen them get Liberalism first one time in AND as well.
Is it possible to exclude them from these bonuses, or is that impossible / too difficult?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13776902 said:
I think it's pretty easy to exclude them, it's just a matter of deciding if we want to. What do other people and team members say?

I always felt that the Barbarians were intended to sort of 'lag behind' slightly in tech, rather than be competitive with it. I've seen them wandering around with Trade units as well and saw a Barbarian great person for the first time :lol:

I don't mind it staying like this or changing, I was just curious about whether or not it was intended to be like this or not. No real preference there :)

I've seen barb Traders as well! No idea what they needed them for, but they made for a nice capture.

But I think the barbarians should not behave like a normal civilization, by getting those "first to..." bonuses. Or GPs.

A couple requests/suggestions, if I may.

I really LOVE the culturally linked starts, makes the immersion factor better.

How possible would it be to have barbcivs spring up as civ culturally similar to its neighbors?

Similarly, how possible would it be to have rebel factions that may occasionally spring up be culturally similar to the host civ? Or even more dramatic, be the same civ with a different leader head and dynamic name?

For example, roman rebels declare civil war and are known as "roman rebels" until they capture enough cities and change to byzantine or something?

I haven't used rev civ enough to know if this already happens.

Also question, do civs have a favorite religion like in C2C?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13776902 said:
I think it's pretty easy to exclude them, it's just a matter of deciding if we want to. What do other people and team members say?

Maybe the barbarian city that causes it should be evolved into a new civ or minor civ.

Also question, do civs have a favorite religion like in C2C?

Isabella does, I don't remember about the others.

I think they all have favoured religions and civics, even in vanilla.

I have a couple thoughts on the City Screen.

Do we need the Special tab on the left side? As far as I remember, that tab is only used to show buildings with a cost of -1. C2C uses it a lot for their various conditions (diseases, crimes, etc.) that we don't have. All we have are a few specialty buildings (Military Academy, Menagerie, Myth of the Beast) and Great Person Wonders (Academy, National Anthem, shrines, corporate headquarters). I don't really think we need this tab at all.

Second, could the Wonders tab show Wonders that are technically obsolete, but still generating culture? Most Wonders generate culture points even when obsolete (<ObsoleteSafeCommerceChanges> tag) and I think it would be nice to show them since they are still having an effect on gameplay.

How possible would it be to have barbcivs spring up as civ culturally similar to its neighbors?
That's a good idea but I'm not sure if we have time to code this.

Similarly, how possible would it be to have rebel factions that may occasionally spring up be culturally similar to the host civ? Or even more dramatic, be the same civ with a different leader head and dynamic name?
The first assumption is already what's done. The second idea is nice but I'm not sure if the game can allow 2 same civs on the same map.

For example, roman rebels declare civil war and are known as "roman rebels" until they capture enough cities and change to byzantine or something?
Already in!

@Vokarya: Good idea! Making the interface cleaner is welcome. Added to the bugtracker. My time is limited, should I focus on UI or AI?

The first assumption is already what's done. The second idea is nice but I'm not sure if the game can allow 2 same civs on the same map.

It certainly does let a game start 2 same civs. I already tried in the past: I started with Korea and set up a second Korea. I met my twin-civ, and it was brown (Korea is teal by default). The two civs used the same city name pool. I am not sure if you can start a game with 2 same civs with the same leaders, I haven't tried that.
I also think it's a nice idea, but how you can code it... That's up to you if it worth it :)

I have a couple thoughts on the City Screen.

Do we need the Special tab on the left side? As far as I remember, that tab is only used to show buildings with a cost of -1. C2C uses it a lot for their various conditions (diseases, crimes, etc.) that we don't have. All we have are a few specialty buildings (Military Academy, Menagerie, Myth of the Beast) and Great Person Wonders (Academy, National Anthem, shrines, corporate headquarters). I don't really think we need this tab at all.

I'd prefer to keep the Specials tab.

So I was playing a fairly laid-back game (Had Flexible Difficulty and Tech Diffusion disabled, on Noble) and one of my vassals was having frequent Revolution troubles, mostly from two cities he took from a neighbor during a recent war declaration on them.

Well barbarian rebels eventually took one of the cities (Coventry) from him, despite me having a few Arqubustiers inside. I moved some units over where Elizibeth was already trying to win her city back, and recaptured it.

First thing I noticed was I couldn't give it back to my vassal - not in the Captured City box nor by talking to him later. Lame.
Second thing I noticed was that it no longer "belonged" to the English. The (England) suffix had been removed after I captured it from the Barbarians.

Curious, I opened the World Builder and placed an Axemen in the city. The Barbarians took control over the city, and instead of it saying (England) it claimed it was now a former (Holy Rome) city! That doesn't make any sense. Elizabeth founded Coventry, then Azteca captured the city, which was captured by barbarians, and in the process removing any ties it ever had to England in the process?

And yes, Assimilation is enabled.

That's a good idea but I'm not sure if we have time to code this.

Already in!

@Vokarya: Good idea! Making the interface cleaner is welcome. Added to the bugtracker. My time is limited, should I focus on UI or AI?

Awesome man thanks :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

@Sogroon: The only problem with that feature is that having 2 times the same city name is kind a weird. That said, with the Mega Civ Pack, that's already the case for some cities. I add this feature as a potential improvement on the tracker.

@Rezca: This looks like a bug more than a deficient feature ;) Do you have a savegame?

@dbkblk
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. In my experience there were NO double city names. My capital was Seul and his the next on the list. I think it doesn't even matter if to civs share the city names in their pool. English and Anglo-Saxon both has London, but there will be only one of it. But I'm not 100% sure, will look after it.

@Sogroon: The only problem with that feature is that having 2 times the same city name is kind a weird. That said, with the Mega Civ Pack, that's already the case for some cities. I add this feature as a potential improvement on the tracker.

@Rezca: This looks like a bug more than a deficient feature ;) Do you have a savegame?

Unfortunately I do not, however I can check to see if the AutoSave picked it up. Doubt it, but it's possible.

If not, I can try to recreate it with some World Builder tinkering. Declare on England, have Aztec capture a city, induce some rebellion and then remove the defenders from his city, and see if it happens again. :lol:

Sometimes, when I capture an enemy city, the window with the options(install a new governor,raze city,raze and fortify) doesn't appear so I get a city which I don't want to own.The option to abandon city is not available anymore so I have to look for civs to gift it.

Sometimes, when I capture an enemy city, the window with the options(install a new governor,raze city,raze and fortify) doesn't appear so I get a city which I don't want to own.The option to abandon city is not available anymore so I have to look for civs to gift it.

I forgot to ask why does this happen?Maybe the reason for not giving me the option to raze is that the city is already influenced by my own culture?

Top Bottom