General Questions

It shouldn't matter if it is inside the xml text xml files. It would likely display incorrectly due to encoding issues, but not crash the game. The problem is path and filenames where such characters will make the game fail to locate files as needed.

Each line in the xml file is not allowed to be longer than 10240 characters. You passed that once with the pedia description for Canute the Great. Considering how long that is, we better not get anywhere near that length.

Still, removing the text xml files sounds like a decent idea. It's easy to try.

Part of the problem here is that the screen in question is inside the exe. It's unreachable for us, making it tricky to figure out what is going on.

Well, technically it wasn't a bug report, it was a general question of if you guys remember the previous solution we found to the problem twice before, because right now I can't.

I can remember I had this problem, I remember I have had it twice, and I remember we fixed it both times. I can't remember what the error was, or what the solution was. I have so far gone back over 7 pages of the bug thread, and not found the conversation yet.

It's not in the bug thread.

I found a mention of it in the downloads section, but could not find what the solution ended up being..

Top Bottom