Generalities 660AD

Overview: How shall we manage NUF?

• A. Keep Tax 30%, Max Science 70% ? (R)

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • A. Bump Tax other%, we only have $382 gold, see my post?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. RC Silk Delivery to Dehli or either city as amended (R)

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • B. RC Silk Delivery to Dehli, as long as the Demand remains

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • B. RC Silk Delivery to Madras, as long as the Demand remains

• C. RC builds Leonardo's Workshop, perhaps after 4 game turns!

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • C. RC does not build Leonardo's Workshop, I post another plan!

• D. Maybe build Marco Polo, as soon as we have 4 Caravans for it?

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • D. Maybe build Marco Polo, sometime in December, perhaps?

• D. Maybe never build Marco Polo, not sure about it?

• *. Filler

• E. Maybe Republic, As Soon As Possible, ASAP

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • E. Maybe Republic, I'm curious to see how well it works

• E. Maybe Republic, but unit support and unhappiness is holding me back

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • E. Maybe Republic, but settler support and irrigation is holding me back

• E. Maybe Republic, but something else is holding me back

• F. Maybe move again Saturday, this turn seems easy

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • F. It's Thanksgiving, delay move maybe until Tuesday

• G. Nemo, thanks for being our $*#@! Domestic Advisor for 3,910 years

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryNemo

Settler from None
The Max Science% seems to be working. 50 of our 143 beakers come from Elysium, 30 from REGIA CIVITAS. We may want a Library some day in Civvium or Reneaux, but maybe not. By that time, we might be at high Luxury and Tax, and develop the majority of our Science from Trade deliveries. On that note, Isaac Newton leaves me cold.

We're going to build Leonardo now, surely, because the AI wants it, and because there is no future in Warriors nor Triremes. Marco Polo, I'm not so sure. It seems like the best use of four Caravans, but is it? Comments?

Republic, now there is controversy! I've posted a support analysis in Next Turn 660AD -- I think our cities are ready. Are we, Citizens? Let's see how many people will vote in this poll. Come on everyone, just do it! One A, one B ... you know.

Guess what! I added the Filler, so used the Update Options button. CFC forget I had checked Multiple Checkboxes! But I didn't, I went down and clicked it again.

This is my big chance to vote for Filler.

This poll is for 4 days, until Saturday 11/30 . Let's play then.

We should build Leonardo's ASAP. We've got enough caravans so let's do it! After that we can build 4 additional caravans for Marco's, it seems quite convenient to know how many cities the AI has (how many more to conquer!)
Republic is the way to go for the future, we should prepare for it and get into republic ASAP. Like said befor by others, it will mean that in the beginning we'll have some problems with expansion but in the long run there are only advantages: we're going for science and money (not for pure military strength) and republic will help us on our chosen path to victory.

Now that we have University, I feel we should definitely build one in Elysium ASAP. RC should build one when wonders are no longer a priority there. We should consider the relative benefits of various options.

1. Finish the Elysium Marketplace now for $64 and start a University.
2. Postpone the Marketplace and switch to University now.
3. Start University after Mkt finishes normally.
4. Fit it in along with other priorities (a wonder?).

If this were my own game I'd probably go for #2, and then maybe even RB. Comments?

As was pointed out elsewhere marketplace improves income, science and luxury (under republic at least) so building marketplace is quite essential: we want high income for Elysium for income and science and at the same time we want the city to be celebrating.
I do see the point of having university and I do want it to be build very soon. In other words: rush the marketplace and start working on university ASAP. If we can afford it we can spend some $$$ on rushing that uni too.

MonkE moves in about 32 hours, so EVERYONE, please vote !

If you're not sure about something, just vote for the first item in each group. Most of them are formalities on which we all agree. We really need to know how people vote on the Republic matter.

Then go vote on some items in the other polls, right now.

Originally posted by GaryNemo
MonkE moves in about 32 hours, so EVERYONE, please vote !

If you're not sure about something, just vote for the first item in each group.
!!!!!
These are things you want to be agreed on.

There arent, im sure of it. Not many more anyway :(
It doesnt hurt (unless its because they think we smell), but its a shame.

But 12 people have voted in the Presidential Election (unless a coach-load of doughnut lovers from CivIII came over to vote!). Last time I did a poll for Chryshe, only 5 voted, and I'd seen more regular posters than that online.

I've been pondering why people aren't getting so involved now. I thought of posting a poll, then wondered if anyone would vote!;)

I know people at work have to be careful, and not having the game to look at may make things harder. But I always consider polls as important, so people can express their preference even if they don't have time to post.

Maybe the polls are too complicated or confusing. Maybe we aren't providing enough information for those without the save game. Maybe we need more screenies. What can we do?

After these elections Gary and I have decided to form a domestic advisor team. This means that Gary will do in-depth analysis of the situation (as he is doing right now) we both will post polls and I will be responsible for nice screenshots and I will make city summaries like I did once before.
I'm sure that when we do these tasks together we can give the people more info on stuff and I hope interest will rise.

Another thing that I see too often is that stuff is being polled and huge descriptions are being given of where a city should come or where a unit should go. I say: post a screenshot and mark what you mean with arrows and stuff. People will understand what you mean better.

That's a good idea. Make stuff nice and clear and concise, and get the interest going again.

My humble monthly contribution :
I cannot be as present as I wanted to.
but I always quickly read posts and polls : but polls are too long, and there are too many possibilities

Polls with 20 options are even not very clear to the people that post here every day so I think Elsaak has a point there. Maybe not all issues should be polled but only the important issues. Then the advisor can in the post that goes with the poll name a few things that in his opinion should happen. If controversy arises there can be a discussion in the rest of the thread.
Very specific issues are often not very clear for the casual player that doesn't download the saved game. But feel free to not make a decision on certain subjects in a multi-poll, there are always more general issues in such a poll you can give your opinion on!

BTW I just counted the people who posted in the past week: 17. So I was a bit pessimistic in my previous post. :)

Everyone, I agree. I view things in such a complicated way. All Settlers, but what does 'All' mean? We need a Dip here instead, and so on.

Rout, I apologize. I should have said, just vote on what you want.

Perhaps the way Dell19 has managed Boreum is better. And the pictures, I know, but they are a struggle for me. Civ1 is great with the pix, but be careful! - this game is not the highest priority of life! Btw, we have 8 votes here now, surely a record! Elsaak must have voted!

I am leery of having twice as many thread windows open. Right now, we have 11 principal threads, and that's not counting any of the Election threads.

Anyway, without details, I think MonkE and recent Presidents have occasionally been in a quandary, wondering what "We" actually want... Civ1 has just posted an interesting solution...

Top Bottom