GOTM 200 Spoiler

760 AD > Bach's and Magellan's > 900 AD

760: :banana: Leo's :banana:. Great wonder but with negligible benefits at present, the fullness of which upgraded 1 chariot to an elephant upon Leos and upgraded the 1 elephant to a crusader upon completion of Feudalism.
Feudalism
> Theology. Bribed city 39 back. Hut: 50 gold. Hut: on mountain borders: Nomad. 6th trade of game, Demanded Salt from size 12, 39 base Forest Isle Super Trade city 11 to size 6, 17 base-trade city in Northia: 498. 7th trade of game: Demanded Silk from size 8, 25 base trade city Tundra 13 to same 17 base trade city Northia 26: 618. These two trades more than suffice in filling the beakers for Theology and a single scientist will finalize the matter. 5 inter-connected wonder caravans rushed on Hill Island to meet up in a central city.

England and Spain both have little spawling empires spilling out onto the mainland which is good news to the individual seeking the most lucrative possible trades. England has 8 mainland cities and Spain has 6. All of these 14 cities are very near to the river system that connects to the ocean and part of what i would like to do is build a city on that westernmost river nearest them and build a road system connecting to each of their cities for trade purposes. upon Railroad (if game ever gets that far), an ocean entry point would rail directly to that community of cities). also England has a city directly on the middle segment of that river and i plan to build a tiny bridge/road network to get around it and back onto the river for the various commodities which this river city does not demand.

Preferred Path from here: Astronomy, Navigation, Medicine, Sanitation, University, Chemistry, Explosives, Physics, Magnetism. With 5 of 6 foreign civs researching Astronomy, hoping one of them completes it before i have to. Otherwise i will gift it to each of them. Both Sanitation and Explosives are highly valuable techs, but if each was equally accessible i would choose to get Explosives before Sanitation for fast roads and fast city building especially in Northia, as well as building trade roads to the foreign civs. However, Medicine is required for each of these and explosives requires 2 extra techs, so Sani will be highly useful along the way.

Income: 267 Shields, 302 Gold. Population: 7.15 million.

780: Theology > Astronomy (3/1056). All 7 civs are now researching Astronomy. I don't have sufficient trades positioned to land soon enough to complete 2 techs quickly, but i do have 2 lucrative trades ready which would easily complete 1. So it would be a big break if one of the other civs completes Astronomy before me. Hut: City 53. Hut: City 54. Poised to bribe back City 42 but since the 50 gold in my treasury was 2 short of the required 52, i chose to sell my least important temple for 40 gold in a non-coastal city that has only 6 trade squares. All former cities have been reclaimed, so our city count is actually 54 at this point.

5 caravans and 600 gold fill 400 shields.

Income: 270 Shields, 338 Gold. Population: 7.72 million.

800: :banana: Bach's :banana:. Maintaining L 40 / T 60 since L 30 loses several potential celebrations. Several cities with a single trireme or other unit that were not able to feasably get to a city and stay there are now able to celebrate. Also 5 triremes and about 5 horses that had been staying inside cities to allow for celebrations are now able to freely venture out. Bach's will therefore contribute much to the forthcoming population explosion.

800 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's, Michelangelos, Leo's, Bach's. Democracy, 54 cities, 28 Trade Caravans and 0 wonder caravans, 18 settlers, 15 triremes, 6 explorers, 8 diplomats, 1 crusader, 7 horse. Buildings: 19 harbors, 4 Aquaduct, 1 Temple. 7 Trade Routes. 32 techs. Income: 276 shields, 368 gold @ L 40 / T 60. 10 mines, 12 irrigation, 16 roads (est), 1 bridge. Treasury: 62. Cities per island: Northland 26, Hill 6, Forest 5, Tundra 5, Plain 3, Grass 2, Swamp 2, ice 2, Jungle 2, Mountain 1 . City sizes: 1 size 12, 1 size 11, 2 size 9s, 6 size 8, 4 size 7, 8 size 6, 3 size 5, 1 size 4, 1 size 3, 9 size 2, 18 size 1's. Population: 8.09 Million. Land area: 1,877,000 sq. mi.

820: French develop Astronomy (!). Traded them for it and gifted it to everybody but the Mongols. Sup a scientist to choose the next research project which is hopefully going to be Navigation so that my ship speed can double. Built 55, Northia grassland with Pheasant and wheat. Built 56, Northia coastal grassland with Spice and shared Pheasant. 8th trade of game and 1st to a foreign civ, Demanded Beads from Grass Island 19 with 22 base trade to Oxford: 376/1089. Built 57, Northia Grass/river with shared irrigated wheat. Mountainous barrier Hut: 50 gold. Mountainous barrier Hut: None Musketeer.

840: > Navigation (so exciting : ) ). Built 58, Northia grassland with shared buffalo. Built 60, Northia grassland with Pheasant and shared buffalo. 9th trade of game, Demanded Gem from forest island 14 with 21 base trade to Northia 36 with 19 base trade: 528. Will complete the remaining 178 beakers with city science. Rushed 6 caravans on Hill island to emerge next turn.

Population:
10 million.

860: Navigation > University (Medicine not offered). Leo's upgrades 17 3-movement triremes to 4-movement Caravels. Built 60, Northia Grass/river with shared wheat. Mountainous barrier Hut: Nomad.

6 caravans and 400 gold fill 400 shields.

Income: 304 Shields, 451 Gold. Population: 10.76 million.

880: :banana: Magellan's :banana:. Caravels movement increases from 4 > 6 : ). 9th trade of game, Demanded Gold from Forest island Super trade city 11 with 39 base trade to coastal Northia Super trade city 20 with 35 base trade: 746 (out of 1120 beaker cost) Built 61, Northia coastal grassland with a whale. Mountain barrier hut: 50 gold.

Magellan's is the final wonder for me for quite a while. Among the available wonders, i am not interested in Copernicus, Statue or King Rick's. I am not planning for Statue since i intend to remain in Democracy. Even if i wanted to revolt for one turn to allow me to demand tribute, it would come at the heavy cost of losing all gold income for that turn and most shields, and as well disrupting all of the many ongoing celebrations in progress. I would definitely want Sun Tzu's if my goal was conquest, but otherwise i would not want to invest in it. With near future wonder possibilities, i am not interested in Sir Isaac's or Shakespeare's. The one science wonder i would build is Seti since it benefits every city. The next wonders i would like to build (if the game continued to space include Darwin's, Cure, Hoover, Seti and Apollo. Past wonders in which i did not want to invest include Colossus, Great Library, Oracle, and Great Wall.

Income: 311 Shields, 482 Gold. Population: 11.5 million.

900: Built 62, Grass island canal city with shared fish. 10th trade of game, Demanded Copper from 34 base trade Super trade Capitol to 22 base trade Northia 26: 534. Fills beakers for University. Built 63, Northia coastal grassland with 4 specials. Built 64: Plain island with shared fish and shared buffalo. Built 65, Northia grass/river. Mountain barrier Hut: Nomad. Hut: 25 gold.

900 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's, Michelangelos, Leo's, Bach's, Magellan's. Democracy, 66 cities, (accidently created 2 number 60's), 37 Trade Caravans and 0 wonder caravans, 19 settlers, 18 caravels, 6 explorers, 9 diplomats, 1 crusader, 1 musket, 5 horse (with the barb and exploration situation well in hand, have been disbanding supported horses). Buildings: 22 harbors, 9 Aquaduct, 1 Temple, cost 41. 10 Trade routes of which 1 is foreign. 34 techs (35 at beginning of next turn). Income: 309 shields, 501 gold @ L 40 / T 60. 11 mines, 16 irrigation, 23 roads (est), 1 bridge. Treasury: 224. Cities per island: Northia 35, Hill 6, Forest 5, Tundra 5, Grass 4,, Plain 4, Swamp 2, ice 2, Jungle 2, Mountain 1 . City sizes: 4 size 12, 2 size 11, 1 size 10, 1 size 9, 7 size 8, 6 size 7, 4 size 6, 4 size 5, 3 size 4, 2 size 3, 13 size 2, 19 size 1's. Population: 12.28 Million. Land area: 2,266,000 sq. mi.

Last edited:
Game 3: Picking up from 225 bc in game 2 so the first 6 huts are already exactly the same and i will reload the game as necessary to match the final 4 local huts (2 Swamp and 2 jungle) and the far north little island hut to establish the most even possible start to that point to provide for the best possible comparison game. Next 5 huts are: Swamp 50 gold, Swamp None Nomad, Far North little island 50 gold, Jungle Horde of Horses, Jungle: Horde of Horses. Also to keep this as even as possible, did not build any swamp cities until the swamp huts were opened and likewise with jungle cities.

Northia huts when they begin to be opened is where each game will take on its own unique path including the various aspects of whatever luck may bring.

Factors in choosing tech path:

- Want Democracy more than any other tech, but wish i could get it without the penalties brought forth by Invention. This is possible if a foreign civ comples Invention/Democracy and then Democracy is traded for, but is fairly rare... and then it seems that most of the time the tech path will force you to choose Invention at some point..
- Navigation too would be fantastic, most especially in more swiftly covering the vast distances between trades, but since it halves trade bonuses i would prefer to avoid it for a while as well as astronomy.
- Avoiding Invention for two reasons, one is that it takes away the possibility for more tech in huts (i believe) and the other is that it halves trade bonuses.
- Avoiding Navigation for only one of these two reasons which makes Invention the even more urgent tech to avoid. As part of avoiding Invention, i will also avoid some of the techs which lead to Invention, most especially Engineering and secondarily The Wheel.
- Avoidance of Invention and Navi keeps trade bonuses at full value for the time being, but then with Democracy, the accompanying elimination of all corruption as well as all of the celebration growth it opens up, Democracy nearly doubles trade values back to where they were as well as perhaps tripling or quadrupling the civ's Gold income.
Thus the primary techs to avoid for now as listed by priority are as follows: Invention, Navigation, Engineering, Astronomy, Wheel (possibly), Mathematics (possibly).

Preferred Tech path unless certain new techs shift these priorities (which almost certainly will be the case upon Marco's with tech trading and with tech huts):

Seafaring
Ceremonial Burial, Mysticism, Philosophy, Horseback, Polytheism, Monotheism
Construction (2 removed from Invention, but highly valuable, especially once Michelangelo's is built).
Warrior Code, Feudalism, Theology
Banking (towards Democracy while not being towards Invention) Or Medicine (towards Sanitation).
Mathematics (2 removed from Navi).
University
Chemistry or Economics.
Astronomy (one removed from Navigation) / Theory of Gravity.
Wheel (2 removed from Invention).
Astronomy (one removed from Navigation) or Engineering (one removed from Invention) / Sanitation
Navigation
Invention
/ Democracy
Gunpowder / Explosives

200: Trade > Warrior Code (Seafaring not offered). > T 80 / S 20. Upon Marco's if no foreign civ has Seafaring, i will likely turn up science rate until it is completed and until then we wait : ).

Preferred Wonder Path: Michelangelo's, Bach's, Magellan's, Leo's (or possibly Leo's then Magellan's depending upon the circumstances at the time).

200: Built 11, 4 special deforested coastal Plain/river Super City on Forest island. Rushed first of two wonder caravans to 50 shields and it will emerge next turn.

175: Swamp hut (21 attempts to get desired result): Nomad, Nomad, Nomad, Supported Legion, Nomad, Nomad, Nomad, Supported Chariot, Nomad, Nomad, Nomad, Nomad, Nomad, Horde of horse, Banking, Horde of Horse, Nomad, Nomad, Nomad, Nomad, 50 gold. Going with this one : ). Nomad result which couldn't be kept was 15/21 = 71.4%. Built 12, Grape with internal mine @ 2/10. Built 13, N/E tip of Tundra island with Fish and shared whale. 2 cities one of which is the capitol now require Lux which is adjusted from 0 > 20 to accomodate the Low food cap. The other city which is currently producing 0 net shields remains in riot.

150: 2nd wonder caravan emerges, rushed in previous turn from 0 > 50 for 150 gold.

125: 70/200 shields + 2 caravans + 120 gold fills 200 shields.

100: :banana: Marco's :banana:

Assessment of foreign civs:

- My civ amazingly is only "mighty" and the most likely candidate for Supreme is the Neutral English which has 7 cities whereas the next highest city count among the foreign civs is 4. As another strong supporting evidence, f11 indicates that the English are 1st in population. As such there seems to be a good likelihood of forming an alliance with them and possibly getting some of their 303 gold this turn. Since they have not met anybody as yet, there is no complication with having to make war with England's enemy. Will likely approach them 2nd to last to increase the number of techs i will have to gift them.
- Chose to save my gold and to trade for all possible techs (except for The Wheel), rather than holding back on this, trading for my tech in progress and attempting to research Seafaring on my own. Hoping one of the foreign civs picks it up soon or that it turns up in a Northia hut

Before:

Country/Map Making?/Rep?/MapTrade? Techs, Tech in progress:

Romans: Yes/No/No Cer, Iron, Myst, Warrior , ip: Lit. Likely approach 4th.
Zulu: No/No/No Cer, Horse, Poly, Wheel, ip: Map Making. Likely approach 5th.
French: ICY No/No/No Cer, Warrior, ip: Monarchy. Approach 3rd if my gold is under 50.
Spanish: Yes/No/No Cer, Myst, Warrior, ip: Code. Approach these guys 2nd so antiquated Code is more easily accepted.
English: Yes/No Cer, constr, horse, iron warrior, wheel, ip: Monarchy. Approach 6th.
Mongol: Yes/No/No Cer, Horse, Iron, Myst, Warrior, Wheel, ip: Code. Go to Mongol 1st to gift them Code and no other techs.

Summary: Trade for everything except wheel i choose to avoid as an extra layer of protection against getting invention in a hut.

After:

Rep/Map/MapTrade Techs Tech in progress:

Romans: Yes/Yes/Yes , ip: ____
Zulu: Yes/Yes/Yes (Wheel), ip: ___
French: Yes/Yes/Yes ip: Monarchy.
Spanish: Yes/Yes/Yes, , ip: ____
English: Yes/yes/yes (Wheel), ip: Monarchy.
Mongol: Yes/No/No (Wheel) ip: Code.

Summary: Gain of 7 techs from 11 > 18. Beaker cost is now 342. Have 5 of 6 maps and 5 of 6 civs now have Republic. Will continue to gift the foreign civs their new techs in progress except for the mongols unless it is one of the two i am able to offer them. England which is most likely "Supreme" flatly refused an alliance as did the others i had an opportunity to invite.

End of Diplomacy Summation.

Updated preferred tech path (after striking 7 techs from the list):

Seafaring
Philosophy
, Monotheism
Feudalism, Theology
Banking (towards Democracy while not being towards Invention) or Medicine (towards Sanitation).
University
Chemistry or Economics.
Wheel (2 removed from Invention). 3 civs have this so i can very easily trade for this once i am ready for it.
Astronomy (one removed from Navigation) or Engineering / Sanitation (Engineering being one removed from Invention).
Navigation
Invention
/ Democracy
University
Gunpowder / Explosives

75: Built 14, Swamp/river with Spice, Whale and Peat. Unirrigated and none anticipated in the near future.
50: Built 15, deforested plain on Forest island with pheasant and shared fish. Built 16, deforested coastal plain on forest island with whale, shared pheasant and shared silk. Built 17, deforested coastal plain on forest island with whale and shared pheasant.
1 ad: Hut on little northern island south of the mainland (12 attempts to match the result from game 2): Tribe, Tribe, None chariot, mathematics, Tribe, Tribe, None Legion, Math, 25 gold, Tribe, 50 gold. Going with this one : ). Decided to leave one Settler there to built the 4 special future Super trade city and to build 2 exploring units for the trireme to come back and pick up (most likely diplomats unless i get very lucky one way or another and end up with seafaring).

1 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's. No wonders in production. Republic, 17 cities, 9 settlers, 8 triremes, 2 diplomats. No buildings. 18 techs with none in progress as yet. Income: 66 shields, 41 gold @ T 60 / L40. Treasury: 156 gold. Cities per island: Hill 6, Forest 4, Tundra 4, ice 2, Swamp 2. City sizes: 5 size 2 12 size 1.

As compared to game 2, two games of intentionally equal hut luck to this point:
1 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's. No wonders in production. Republic, 16 cities, 9 settlers, 8 triremes, 2 diplomats. No buildings. 20 techs with Math in progress @ 23/567. Income: 60 shields (only 22 of which are from Hill island which is recuperating from the recent completion of several settlers), 38 gold @ T 60 / L40. Treasury: 205 gold. Cities per island: Hill 6, Tundra 4, ice 2, Forest 2, Swamp 2. City sizes: 5 size 2's, 11 size 1's.

20ad: Built 18, Mountain with 2 fish and a gold (next turn will see the best mountain isle city built). With each ai civ (except the Monols) researching something new, Sci to 10% to choose next research project.
40: > Seafaring. Back to L 40 / T 60. Built 19: Mountain/river 4 special site. Built 20: deforested coastal plain on the s/w tip of Forest island with Fish. Built 21: Tiny northern island, 4 special.
60: Jungle Hut on 20th try: Horse Horde. Trireme reaches the shores of Northia and the remaining settler disembarks.
80: 2nd Jungle Hut: Horse Horde on 6th try. 10th intentionally matched hut of 10 and hereforth each initial hut result is the one that will be played. Built 22, Northia coastal grassland 4 special site. Added pirates allows for the elimination of Luxury rate and a shift to T 80 > S 20 with only one elvis in the civ's only size 3 city. Planning to celebrate a few cities in several turns.
100: No cities built.

100 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's. Republic, 22 cities, 6 Trade Caravans, 3 settlers, 7 triremes, 1 diplomat. No buildings. 18 techs with Seafaring in progress @ 26/399 and wheel available any time i want it. Income: 70 shields, 75 gold, 20 science @ T 80 / S20. 9 mines, 5 irrigation, 6 roads. Treasury: 70 gold. Cities per island: Hill 6, Forest 5 ,Tundra 4, Mountain 2, ice 2, Swamp 1, Northia 1, Northern tiny island 1. City sizes: 1 size 3, 5 size 2's, 16 size 1's.

As compared to game 2:
100 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's. Republic, 20 cities, 4 Trade Caravans, 5 settlers, 8 triremes, 1 diplomat. No buildings. 20 techs with Math in progress @ 23/630. Income: 72 shields, 31 of which are from Hill island, 48 gold @ T 60 / L40. 9 mines, 2 irrigation, 4 roads. Treasury: 205 gold. Cities per island: Hill 6, Tundra 4, ice 2, Forest 2, Swamp 2, Plain 2, Grass 1, Northlands 1. City sizes: 1 size 3, 5 size 2's, 14 size 1's.

120: French develop Monarchy. Traded them for it and gifted it to the other 3 civs who were researching it. Built 23, deforested coastal plain with shared pheasant.
140: Built 24, deforested coastal plain with whale and shared fish on the n/w tip of forest isle.
160: France builds Great Library.
180: Rome builds Great Wall. Initiation of Celebration in 2 cities. 1st Northia hut: 50 gold.
200: English acquire Engineering a tech i am avoiding for now. Hut: Horse Horde.
220: Hut: Seafaring (!). Hut: 50 gold.
240: Hut: 50 gold. Bribed barb horse which opens the next Hut: Horse Horde.
260: Zulu acquire Banking and i trade them for it. Coastal Hut: Horde of horses, fortunately opened by a dip able to hop back into the boat. Hut: 50 gold. Having reached 3 size 5s and 2 size 4's, there is very little celebration potential for the moment and Lux is reduced from 80 > 40 awaiting the next opportunity for several cities to celebrate all at once.
280: Romans develop Feudalism and choose Banking as next project. Will trade for Feudalism before opening my next hut. Bribed barb horse 1 step from my only Northian city.
300: Traded the Romans for Feudalism. Hut: Supported Legion.

300 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's. 25 cities, 17 trade caravans (some of which may or may not be converted to wonder caravans), 2 settlers, 11 triremes, 2 explorers, 3 diplomats, 1 horse, 1 legion. Buildings: 1 temple. 22 techs and wheel/engineering are both available any time i want them. Income: 104 shields, 62 gold. Cities per island: Forest 7, Hill 6, Tundra 4, Mountain 2, ice 2, Swamp 1, Northia 1, Northern tiny island 1 (No grass, no plains, no desert). City sizes: 2 size 5, 3 size 4, 5 size 3, 9 size 2's, 5 size 1's.

As compared with Game 2: One significant difference is that the current game (game 3) has zero Northia tribes at this point whereas game 2 had 4 Northia tribes to this point.

300 ad Summary:
Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's. Republic, 29 cities, 9 Trade Caravans, 0 wonder caravans, 5 settlers, 11 triremes, 6 explorers, 3 diplomats, 1 chariot. No buildings but 7 harbors in progress and there will be 9 in progress next turn. No wonders in production. Zero Trade Routes. 27 techs with Democracy in progress @ 31/630 (which is two or three strong trades). Income: 115 shields, 38 of which are from Hill island, 36 gold @ T 20 / L80. 10 mines, 4 irrigation, 8 roads. Treasury: 127 gold. Cities per island: Northland 7, Hill 6, Tundra 4, Forest 3, Plain 3, Grass 2, Swamp 2, ice 2. City sizes: 2 size 5, 3 size 4, 3 size 3, 4 size 2, 17 size 1's. Population: 1.1 Million. Land area: 786,000 sq. mi.

320: Hut 50 gold.
340: Hut: Supported Legion. Hut 50 gold. Lux to 80%.
360: French develop Philosophy and Medicine. Traded them for both and gifted phil to the civs researching it. Completion of courthouse in Northia 22 which is soon to receive a demanded Silk trade and the courthouse allows the city to grow in celebration likely from 3 > 7 and to cut highly significant corruption in half.
380: Built 26, irrigated swampland on swamp island with whale and peat. Hut: City 27. Hut: Bridge Building. Hut: Horse Horde. 1 scientist to choose next research project.

Updated Desired tech path:

Monotheism
Theology

University
Chemistry or Economics.
Astronomy (one removed from Navigation). Then Theory of Gravity.
Wheel- 2 removed from Invention-trade for it / Engineering-1 removed from Invention-trade for it / Sanitation.
Navigation
Invention / Democracy
University
Gunpowder / Explosives

400: > Monotheism (71 / 832). Hut: City 28.

400 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's. 28 cities, 17 trade caravans, 7 wonder caravans, 1 settler, 11 triremes, 1 explorer, 3 diplomats, 1 horse, 1 legion. Buildings: 1 harbor, 1 courthouse, 2 temples. 25 techs and wheel/engineering are both available any time i want them. Zero trade routes. Income: 131 shields, 46 gold @ T 20 / L 80. Cities per island: Forest 7, Hill 6, Tundra 5, Mountain 2, ice 2, Swamp 2, Northia 3, Northern tiny island 1 (No grass, no plains, no desert). City sizes: 1 size 7, 2 size 5, 9 size 4, 3 size 3, 6 size 2's, 5 size 1's. Population:

As compared with Game 2: One significant difference is that the current game (game 3) has 2 Northia tribes at this point whereas game 2 had 6.

400 ad Summary:
Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's. Republic, 36 cities, 16 Trade Caravans, 0 wonder caravans, 3 settlers, 11 triremes, 3 explorers (1 next turn), 4 diplomats, 1 chariot, 4 horse, 1 Legion. Buildings: 1 harbor and 9 in progress. No wonders in production. Zero Trade Routes. 27 techs with Democracy in progress @ 31/868 (which should be filled with two or three strong trades). Income: 164 shields, 39 of which are from Hill island, (ratio grows smaller). 53 gold @ T 20 / L80. 10 mines, 5 irrigation, 8 roads. Treasury: 14 gold. Cities per island: Northland 11, Hill 6, Tundra 4, Forest 5, Plain 3, Grass 2, Swamp 2, ice 2, Mountain 1 . City sizes: 1 size 7, 7 size 5, 3 size 4, 1 size 3, 10 size 2, 14 size 1's. Population: 2.1 Million. Land area: 1,039,000 sq. mi.

420: Spain develops Mathematics and i traded them for it. Hut: Monotheism (!). Already had 7 wonder caravans on Hill island and had to sell a temple to raise the gold for the 8th which will complete next turn and which will allow for Mike's to emerge in 460. Treasury: 13 gold. 1 scientist is set to choose next tech to research.
440: > Chivalry (74 / 924 - Theology not offered). Hut: 25 Gold. Hut: Supported Crusader. Hut: Supported Legion. Built 29, plain with shared whale and silk on tiny island just south of Northia, 8 caravans on Hill island fill 400 shields.
460: :wavey: Michelangelo's :wavey: . Hut: City 30. Hut: None Crusader. First trade of game: Demanded Silk from Forest 11 with base trade of 16 to Northia 20 with Courthouse and base trade of 17: 616.
480: Hut: 25 gold. Hut: Horse Horde. 2nd trade of game: Demanded Silk from Forest 15 with base trade of 14 to tiny northern island 21 with Courthouse and base trade of 17: 616. Fills beakers for Chivalry and 1 scientist will allow next tech to be chosen.
500: Chivalry > Theology. Hut: Horde of Horse. Hut: None Crusader. Hut: 50 gold.

500 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's, Michelangelo's. Republic, 30 cities, 21 Trade Caravans, 0 wonder caravans, 1 settler, 13 triremes, 3 explorers, 3 diplomats, 3 crusader, 1 horse. Buildings: 12 harbors, 2 courthouse, 1 Temple. No wonders in production. Two Trade Routes. 28 techs plus wheel and engineering available through tech trading. Income: 140 shields, 117 gold @ T 50 / L50. 9 mines, 7 irrigation, 6 roads. Treasury: 54 gold. Cities per island: Forest 7, Hill 6, Tundra 5, Northia 4, little north island: 2, Swamp 2, ice 2, Mountain 2. City sizes: 5 size 7, 1 size 6, 5 size 5, 3 size 4, 1 size 3, 7 size 2, 8 size 1's. Population: 3.03 Million. Land area: 1,029,000 sq. mi.

As compared to Game 2
Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's. Republic, 37 cities, 24 Trade Caravans, 0 wonder caravans, 3 settlers, 11 triremes, 6 explorers, 6 diplomats, 1 elephant, 1 chariot, 5 horse. Buildings: 2 harbors and 12 in progress, 1 Temple. 1 Aquaduct in progress. No wonders in production. Two Trade Routes. 28 techs with Democracy in progress @ 592/899. Income: 179 shields, 65 gold @ T 20 / L80. 10 mines, 6 irrigation, 9 roads. Treasury: 89 gold. Cities per island: Northland 12, Hill 6, Tundra 4, Forest 5, Plain 3, Grass 2, Swamp 2, ice 2, Mountain 1 . City sizes: 2 size 7, 2 size 6, 8 size 5, 4 size 4, 1 size 3, 10 size 2, 10 size 1's. Population: 3.04 Million. Land area: 1,251,000 sq. mi.

Areas where current game is out-performing game 2: Michelangelo's vs. No Michelangelos (until 740). No invention (advantage) vs. having invention which equates to trade values which are up to double value and which equates to being able to open up additional techs from huts, 12 harbors vs 2 (but 12 in progress), 117 gold income vs 65, 28 techs each, but current game has access to wheel and engineering from other civs so this could be 30 vs 28 at any time.

Areas where game 2 was out-performing this current game: 37 cities vs 30 (including through 7 tribes vs 3). 179 shields vs 140 (for the moment).

Areas where game is even: 2 trade routes each, 3.03 population vs 3.04.

Prediction: Early Mike's, 11 current celebrations and up to double trade values will launch present game further ahead of game 2 by 600 ad and 700 ad.

520: Killed 2 barb horses all directly adjacent to city 30 and bribed a 3rd. Hut: 25 gold.
540: Bribe of another menacing barb horse. Hut: Supported Crusader. Hut: Supported Crusader. Hut: Theology (!) (29th tech). With huge celebration benefit from Mike's in Republic, no rush for Bach's at this point which becomes Ultra valuable upon Democracy to allow a unit away per city and in the meantime i will choose to invest in additional harbors, aquaducts, trade caravans, settlers and explorers.

University
Chemistry or Economics.
Wheel- 2 removed from Invention-trade for it / Engineering-1 removed from Invention-trade for it / Sanitation.
Navigation
Invention / Democracy
Gunpowder / Explosives

560: > University (3 / 990). Hut: Horse Horde. Hut: Supported Crusader. Hut: Supported Crusader. Bribe of 1 barb horse. Lux % increased from 50 > 60 to increase number of celebrations from 10 > 16. T 40 / S 0.
580: Zimbabwe completes Oracle. Other Wonders built by foreign civs to this point: France has Great Library and Colossus. Rome has Great Wall. Hut: 50 gold. Hut: Horse Horde. Hut: Supported Crusader. Hut: Horse Horde. Disbanded one of two away crusaders to allow Northia 27 to initiate a size 3 celebration. Updated maps with all but the Mongol's. 3rd trade of game: Demanded Gem from Hill 09 with only 3 base trade to Northia 22 with courthouse and 18 base trade: 612. 4th trade of game: Demanded Copper from Hill 06 with only 3 base trade to Northia 22 with courthouse and 18 base trade: 424. Fills beakers for University and a single scientist will allow us to choose the next research project.

600: University (30th tech) > Astronomy (0 / 1023). Chosen between Astronomy and Wheel. Hut: Horse Horde. Hut: 50 gold. Hut: 50 gold.

600 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's, Michelangelo's. Republic, 30 cities, 22 Trade Caravans, 0 wonder caravans, 4 settler, 15 triremes, 3 explorers, 5 diplomats, 6 crusader, 3 horse. Buildings: 21 harbors, 2 Aquaducts, 2 courthouse, 1 Temple. No wonders in production. 4 Trade Routes. 30 techs plus wheel and engineering are available through tech trading when i am ready for them. Income: 160 shields, 132 gold @ T 40 / L 60. 9 mines, 7 irrigation, 6 roads. Treasury: 156 gold. Cities per island: Forest 7, Hill 6, Tundra 5, Northia 4, little north island: 2, Swamp 2, ice 2, Mountain 2. City sizes: 9 size 8, 2 size 7, 2 size 6, 4 size 5, 1 size 4, 1 size 3, 7 size 2, 4 size 1's. Population: 5.23 Million. Land area: 1,233,000 sq. mi.

As compared to previous game (game 2):

600 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's. Republic, 39 cities, 24 Trade Caravans, 2 newly converted wonder caravans, 6 settlers, 12 triremes, 4 explorers, 7 diplomats, 1 elephant, 1 chariot, 9 horse. Buildings: 10 harbors, 1 Aquaduct, 2 Temples. No wonders in production. 3 Trade Routes. 28 techs plus Democracy completing next turn and Monotheism to be traded for which will be 30. Income: 183 shields, 72 gold @ T 20 / L80, 3 science. 10 mines, 8 irrigation, 9 roads. Crucial bridge connecting 4 hill cities and all of Hill island to be completed in 3 turns. Treasury: 11 gold. Cities per island: Northland 14, Hill 6, Forest 5, Tundra 4, Plain 3, Grass 2, Swamp 2, ice 2, Mountain 1 . City sizes: 2 size 8, 2 size 7, 1 size 6, 7 size 5, 6 size 4, 3 size 3, 7 size 2, 11 size 1's. Population: 3.78 Million. Land area: 1,450,000 sq. mi.

Areas where current game is out-performing game 2: Michelangelo's vs. No Michelangelo's (until 720). No invention (advantage) which equates to trade values which are up to double value and which equates to being able to open up additional techs from huts (as has been taking place) vs. having invention, 21 harbors vs 10, 132 gold income vs 72, 30 techs (and 32 when ready) vs 28. 9 size 8 and 2 size 7 vs. 2 size 8 and 2 size 7. Population 5.23 million vs 3.78. 4 trade routes vs. 3.

Areas where game 2 was out-performing this current game: 39 cities vs 30 (including through 8 tribes vs 3). 183 shield income vs 160.

620: Hut: City 31. Hut: Horde of Horse. Hut: City 32. Lux increased from 60 > 70 to keep certain cities celebrating and/or as necessary in initiating new celebrations especially in cities size 7 or above. Bribed a barb horse and killed 3 others.
640: Bribed a menacing barb horse. Hut: City 33. Hut: 25 gold. Hut: Supported Crusader. Hut: Horde of Horse. 5th trade of game, Demanded Wine from all-ocean size 10 Super trade city Tundra 13 with courthouse and 26 base trade to city 29 on tiny island near Northia, size 2 with only 4 base trade (and 6 corruption): 600.

660:
Bribed 2 barb horses next to 2 cities and killed 3 others nearby. Hut: The Wheel (31st tech). Obviously didn't want this one yet with 4 other techs i wanted first before trading techs for it. Hut: Astronomy (better : ) and 32nd tech) Hut: Supported Legion. Built 34, Jungle/river with 4 specials (and city square is not irrigated). 6th trade of game, Undemanded Gem from size 8 trade city Forest 17 with courthouse and 22 base trade to size 11 Northia 22 with courthouse and 24 base trade: 380. Landing this trade in 22 triggered gold to be demanded and even though the beakers are full, i decided to land the trade for the significant gold bonus instead of waiting 2 turns, one for the next tech to be chosen, then another turn for the tech to be completed. 7th trade of game: Demanded Gold from Forest 11 with 21 base trade to Northia 22 with 24 base trade: 770. Landing this gold commodity now triggered a silk demand and since i had a silk trade in the same boat as the gold, ... 8th trade of game: Demanded Silk from size 8 Tundra 04 with 21 base trade: 770. Bountiful reaches a peak of 2041 treasury before liberally re-investing it down to 257. One scientist set to choose new tech.

Chemistry (towards Explosives)
Economics or Theory of Gravity.
Engineering-1 removed from Invention-trade for it / Sanitation.
Navigation
Invention / Democracy
Gunpowder / Explosives

680: > Chemistry. Bribed a barb horse and killed 2. Hut: Horse Horde. Hut: Economics (33rd tech). Built 35, Jungle with whale, shared Banana and shared fish. One scientist to complete Chemistry (blanked out on this due to playing too many one city games and if i had a scientist in each of 2 cities the tech would have been chosen and completed last turn).

700: Chemistry (34th tech) > Engineering. (The only other choice offered was Navigation). Built 36: Northia coastal grassland with shared Pheasant. Built 37: Northia coastal grassland with Spice and shared whale. City 37 demands Silk which leads to 9th trade of game: Demanded Silk from Forest 16, size 10 with 23 base trade to size 1 Northia 37 with 3 base trade: 630. Built 38, Northia grass/river with shared wheat/river. 10th trade of game: Undemanded Hides from size 9 Hill 05 with a courthouse and 22 base trade to size 10 Northia 22 with a courthouse and 22 base trade: 460. Hut: Theory of Gravity (35th tech). Traded for Engineering (36th tech) and set a scientist to choose next research project.

Sanitation
Navigation
Invention / Democracy

Gunpowder / Explosives

700 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's, Michelangelo's. Republic, 38 cities, 28 Trade Caravans, 0 wonder caravans (though a small number of trade caravans might be recruited depending upon what happens next), , 6 settlers, 18 triremes, 7 explorers, 4 diplomats, 5 crusader, 2 horse, 1 legion. Buildings: 22 harbors, 10 Aquaducts, 6 Courthouse, 1 Temple. No wonders in production. 10 Trade Routes. 36 techs. Income: 152 shields, 130 gold @ T 20 / L 80. Land improvements: 9 mines, 8 irrigation, 8 roads, 2 bridges. Treasury: 234 gold. Cities per island: Northia 10, Forest 7, Hill 6, Tundra 5, little north island: 2, Forest 2, Swamp 2, ice 2, Mountain 2. City sizes: 2 size 12, 1 size 11, 3 size 10, 4 size 9, 3 size 8, 0 size 7, 2 size 6, 3 size 5, 5 size 4, 1 size 3, 3 size 2, 12 size 1. Population: 8.38 Million. Land area: 1.387,000 sq. mi.

700 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's (Michelangelos emerges next turn). Democracy, 47 cities, 27 Trade Caravans and 2 newly converted wonder caravans, 7 settlers, 13 triremes, 5 explorers, 9 diplomats, 1 elephant, 1 chariot, 9 horse. Buildings: 13 harbors, 2 Aquaduct, 2 Temple. 4 Trade Routes. 30 techs. Income: 211 shields, 184 gold @ T 40 / L60, 0 science. 10 mines, 9 irrigation, 11 roads, 1 bridge. Treasury: 224 gold. Cities per island: Northland 20, Hill 6, Forest 5, Tundra 5, Plain 3, Grass 2, Swamp 2, ice 2, Jungle 1, Mountain 1 . City sizes: 1 size 10, 1 size 8, 2 size 7, 4 size 6, 10 size 5, 4 size 4, 4 size 3, 6 size 2, 15 size 1's. Population: 4.78 Million. Land area: 1,638,000 sq. mi.

Areas where current game is out-performing game 2: Michelangelo's vs. No Michelangelo's (but game 2 will at last have this wonder next turn). No Invention (advantage) which equates to trade values which have been up to double value and which has equated to being able to open up additional techs from huts (as has been taking place) vs. having invention, 36 techs vs. 30 (including 8 techs from huts vs. 1, largely as the result of carefully avoiding Invention), 10 trade routes vs. 4 (as well as trade bonuses that were pre-Invention/pre-Navi which resulted in the bonuses being up to double), 22 harbors vs 13, 10 Aquaducts vs. 2, 6 Courthouses vs 0, City Sizes: including 2 size 12, 1 size 11, 3 size 10, 4 size 9, 3 size 8 vs: 1 size 10, 1 size 8. Population 8.38 million vs 4.78. 18 triremes vs 13.

Areas where game 2 out-performed this current game: 47 cities vs 38 (including through 11 tribes + 1 nomad vs 6 tribes + 0 nomads). 211 shield income vs 152. 184 gold vs 130 (due to High Lux in current game to reach size 12s).

Areas where the two games are relatively even (with current game listed first): 28 trade caravans vs. 27, 6 settlers vs 7.

Assessment: The current game played more the way i would have hoped and the foremost keys to the success of this current game vs. Game 2 to this point have been:

1) The avoidance of Invention allowing for 7 extra techs (8 techs total) from huts and for heightened trade values (along with avoidance of Navi).
2) A much more favorable tech path including early Monotheism/Michelangelo's which has resulted in massive early and easy celebration growth along with 10 huge trade bonuses largely as a result of this.

720: > Sanitation (1096 / 1296). 11th trade of game, Undemanded Salt from size 12 forest 11 with 26 base trade to size 10 Northia 22 with 22 base trade: 428. Fills beakers for Sanitation and triggers Silk demand for a trade that is ready to land but held back until next turn. Refraining from huts this turn to avoid Invention or Navi just yet.

740: Sanitation (37th tech) > Navigation (this and Invention were the only two choices). Lost Silk demand in Northian Super trade city 22, but there are other destinations with demand. Built 39, Northia coastal grassland with Banana. 12th trade of game: Demanded Silk from Tundra 13, size 12 STC with courthouse and 31 base trade to size 5 Northia 27 with 3 base trade: 888.

Plan for 760: Hold back on completing Navi until the end of 760 or possibly even later depending upon the huts. Land both available demanded Silks in 760 most of which will be for gold-only and possibly as well consider also landing what are currently 2 undemanded beads. After landing the pre- invention / pre- navi trades, then open the approximately 10 huts that my exploring units waited upon and are positioned next to hoping for Navi and/or Invention to be among the 10. Complete the tech in progress (currently Navi) only once i have Navi or Invention and until then continue to hold back hoping for more tech in huts beforehand as well as continuing to benefit from the unpenalized trade bonuses. Another consideration is that 5 foreign civs are working on either Navi or Invention so it's possible they could complete one or both soon and that i could then trade them for it, keeping my beakers full hopefully for Democracy. Produce up to 24 wonder caravans quickly in anticipation of building Magellan's, Leos and Bach's all very soon as well as getting Democracy as early as the 780 Oedo year if the huts cooperate or otherwise hopefully at least by 860. Likely to allow each of three islands to share in the honor and prestige of having a wonder on their homeland, Forest, Hill and Tundra.

760: 13th trade of game: Demanded Silk from size 12 STC Tundra 03 with 31 base trade to size 5 little northern island 29 with courthouse and 13 base trade: 888. Overfills beakers for Navigation. 14th trade of game: Demanded Silk from size 8 Hill 06 with courthouse and 20 base trade to size 1 Northia 39 with 2 base trade: 594. With enough gold to take care of all wonder caravan needs, will hold back both undemanded beads choosing to land them somewhere else (hopefully demanded) after completing the current tech. Next will open about 10 huts: Hut: Supported Legion. Hut: Horse Horde. Hut: 25 gold. Hut: Horse Horde. Hut: Supported Legion. Hut: Horde of Horse (and bribed one of them near a hut that can be reached next turn). Hut: 100 gold. Hut: Supported Crusader. Hut: None Legion (had to disband it in the field due to excessive unit support). Might have anticipated opening a tech (specifically Navi and/or invention) in 9 huts huts but it didn't work out that way. Next turn 3 more huts and i will hold off on completing Navi at least until having a crack at them : ).

780: Built 40, Northia sub coastal grass with shared Spice and Pheasant. 15th trade of game: Demanded bead from size 10 forest 17 with courthouse and 25 base trade to size 1 Northia 40 with 2 base trade: 472. Hut: Horde of Horse. Hut: 25 gold.

800: Cities built: 41, Northia grass/river with wheat. 42, Northia grass/river with shared wheat. 43, Northia coastal grassland with shared spice. 44, Northia coastal grassland with pheasant. 16th trade of game: Demanded bead from size 12 STC Tundra 03 with 31 base trade to size 1 Northia 42 with 2 base trade: 736. Zulu develop Navigation and i trade them for it and gift it to those researching it. Hut: finally another tech as awaited and final hut tech: Invention. Gifted to the French and the English who were researching it. My hope is to be able to choose Democracy and to use the already overflowing beakers to complete it in the 860 Oedo year... or alternatively for another civ to complete Democracy in or before 840 allowing me to trade them for it and to use the beakers towards Explosives, but also possibly allowing one of the foreign civs to complete gunpowder first depending upon my trade caravan picture. Hut: None Legion. Will await 820 before choosing a tech so i can first see what 4 None civs choose in case Democracy is not offered. One scientist set to choose but not complete next tech which will hopefully be Democracy for an 860 Oedo. 15 caravans and 200 gold fill 400 shields in each of 2 cities and 2 wonders will emerge next turn.

800 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's, Michelangelo's. Republic,
44 cities, 36 Trade Caravans, 1 wonder caravan, 6 settlers, 24 triremes, 5 explorers, 3 diplomats, 6 crusader, 1 horse, 4 legion. Buildings: 25 harbors, 13 Aquaducts, 7 Courthouse, 1 Temple. No wonders in production. 16 Trade Routes. 39 techs (plus beakers are full for the 40th). Income: 210 shields, 232 gold @ T 20 / L 80. Land improvements: 10 mines, 8 irrigation, 10 roads, 2 bridges. Treasury: 254 gold. Cities per island: Northia 16, Forest 7, Hill 6, Tundra 5, little north island: 2, Forest 2, Swamp 2, ice 2, Mountain 2. City sizes: 9 size 12, 2 size 11, 2 size 10, 0 size 9, 6 size 8, 0 size 7, + misc. Population: 13.05 Million. Land area: 1.554,000 sq. mi.

800 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's, Michelangelos, Leo's, Bach's. Democracy, 54 cities, 28 Trade Caravans and 0 wonder caravans, 18 settlers, 15 triremes, 6 explorers, 8 diplomats, 1 crusader, 7 horse. Buildings: 19 harbors, 4 Aquaduct, 1 Temple. 7 Trade Routes. 32 techs. Income: 276 shields, 368 gold @ L 40 / T 60. 10 mines, 12 irrigation, 16 roads (est), 1 bridge. Treasury: 62. Cities per island: Northland 26, Hill 6, Forest 5, Tundra 5, Plain 3, Grass 2, Swamp 2, ice 2, Jungle 2, Mountain 1 . City sizes: 1 size 12, 1 size 11, 2 size 9s, 6 size 8, 4 size 7, 8 size 6, 3 size 5, 1 size 4, 1 size 3, 9 size 2, 18 size 1's. Population: 8.09 Million. Land area: 1,877,000 sq. mi.

Areas where current game is out-performing game 2: 39 techs (and beakers are full for 40th) vs. 32 (this huge differential includes 9 techs from huts vs. 1, largely as the result of carefully avoiding Invention), 16 trade routes vs. 7, 25 harbors vs 19, 13 Aquaducts vs. 4, 7 Courthouses vs 0 (has to do with significantly delayed Democracy), City Sizes: 9 size 12, 2 size 11, 2 size 10, 0 size 9, 6 size 8, 0 size 7, + misc Vs. 1 size 12, 1 size 11, 2 size 9s, 6 size 8, 4 size 7, 8 size 6, 24 triremes (Caravel's next turn) vs 15 triremes, Population : 13.05 million vs 8.09, 36 trade caravans vs 28, Magellan's next turn (820) vs. Magellan's 880.

Areas where game 2 out-performed this current game: 54 cities vs 44 (including through 12 tribes + 1 nomad vs 6 tribes + 0 nomads). Democracy in 620 vs. Likely Democracy in 860, 18 settlers vs 6, 276 shield income vs 210 . 368 gold vs 232 (Democracy making a great difference), Bach's 800 vs No Bach's as yet (but will have it very shortly, perhaps in 860). Leo's 760 vs. Leo's 820.

Assessment: Both sides are in a very strong position and each has significant advantages over the other, but in my opinion the 40 techs vs 32 is going to make a huge difference and the current game is expected to have Engineers very soon which i anticipate will impact expansion in a phenomenal way.
820: :wavey: Magellan's and Leo's :wavey:. 27 3-movement triremes become 27 6-movement Caravels. Planning to time Bach's to coincide with Democracy at which point this wonder becomes especially valuable.
> Democracy. Planning to hold certain high corruption trades back until reaching Democracy in 860 and as well this allows the trades to contribute beakers towards the next tech.
17th trade of game: Demanded gold from size 12 STC Forest 16 with 27 base trade to size 12 STC Northia 22 with Courthouse and 25 base trade: 651.

840: Cities built: 45, Northia coastal grassland with fish, whale and shared pheasant, 46, Northia coastal grassland with banana and shared whale. 8 caravans fill 400 shields and scientist is flipped on in capitol.

860: :wavey: Democracy and Bach's :wavey: . > Gunpowder (1480). Lux > 50 is able to sustain or originate the preponderance of desired celebrations. 2 Huts: Horse Horde and None Crusader. 18th trade: Demanded Silk from Size 10 STC Forest 23 with 32 base trade to size 12 Northia 22 with 39 base trade: 858. 19th trade: Demanded bead from size 12 STC Forest 20 with 38 base trade to size one Northia 47 with 7 base trade: 374. 20th trade: Demanded Gold from size 10 STC Forest 23 with 32 base trade to size 12 Northia 22 with 39 base trade: 858. Fills beakers for Gunpowder. Spent gold down to 176.

880: Gunpowder (41st tech) > Explosives (!). Built 47, Northia coastal jungle/river with whale and shared banana.

900: Cities built: 48, Northia coastal grassland with wheat and shared whale. 49, Northia coastal grassland with 2 fish.
21st Trade: Undemanded Salt from size 12 Super Trade City Tundra 03 with 42 base trade tosize 12 STC Northia 22 with 39 base trade: 367. 22nd Trade: Demanded Gold from STC Forest 24 with 39 base trade to size 1 Northia 49 with a base trade of 2: 528.

900 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's, Michelangelo's, Magellan's, Leo's, Bach's. Democracy, 50 cities, 51 Trade Caravans, 0 wonder caravans, 10 settlers, 29 caravels, 4 explorers, 3 diplomats, 7 crusader, 1 knight, 3 Muskets. Buildings: 26 harbors, 17 Aquaducts, 7 Courthouse, 1 Temple. No wonders in production. 22 Trades. 41 techs (and will emerge in 940 with Explosives). Income: 227 shields, 540 gold @ T 50 / L 50. Land improvements: 12 mines, 8 irrigation, 13 roads, 3 bridges. Treasury: 164 gold. City sizes: 12 size 12, 1 size 11, + misc. Population: 15.61 Million. Land area: 1.789,000 sq. mi.

900 ad Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's, Michelangelos, Leo's, Bach's, Magellan's. Democracy, 66 cities, (accidently created 2 number 60's), 37 Trade Caravans and 0 wonder caravans, 19 settlers, 18 caravels, 6 explorers, 9 diplomats, 1 crusader, 1 musket, 5 horse (with the barb and exploration situation well in hand, have been disbanding supported horses). Buildings: 22 harbors, 9 Aquaduct, 1 Temple, cost 41. 10 Trade routes of which 1 is foreign. 34 techs (35 at beginning of next turn). Income: 309 shields, 501 gold @ L 40 / T 60. 11 mines, 16 irrigation, 23 roads (est), 1 bridge. Treasury: 224. Cities per island: Northia 35, Hill 6, Forest 5, Tundra 5, Grass 4,, Plain 4, Swamp 2, ice 2, Jungle 2, Mountain 1 . City sizes: 4 size 12, 2 size 11, 1 size 10, 1 size 9, 7 size 8, 6 size 7, 4 size 6, 4 size 5, 3 size 4, 2 size 3, 13 size 2, 19 size 1's. Population: 12.28 Million. Land area: 2,266,000 sq. mi.

Areas where current game is out-performing game 2: 41 techs vs. 34 (this huge differential includes 9 techs from huts vs. 1, largely as the result of carefully avoiding Invention), 22 trade routes vs. 10, 17 Aquaducts vs. 9, City Sizes: 12 size 12, 1 size 11, + misc Vs. 4 size 12, 2 size 11 + misc, Will have Explosives in 940, likely 10 or 20 turns before game 2 would be able to reach this tech. 29 Caravels vs 18, 51 trade caravans vs 37, Population : 15.61 million vs 12.28, 26 harbors vs 22, 7 Courthouses vs 0, 540 gold income vs. 501.

Areas where game 2 has out-performed this current game: 66 cities vs 50 (including through 12 tribes + 3 Northian nomads vs 6 tribes + 0 Northian nomads). 19 settlers vs 10, 309 shield income vs 227.

Areas where game is even:
Both games have the same 8 Wonders and both are in Democracy.

Will end the comparison here, but will continue to play and log the current game.

Last edited:
Enjoying this game so much i decided to play it also as a one city game (which i don't expect to win, but will try my best). Other unlimited city game is still in progress.

4000 bc: 4 special glacier/river city founded in starting location and 2nd nomad joined city 1 > 2. S 60 / L 40. 4 Science.
3950: > Bronze.
3850: Bronze > Alphabet. Warrior > Colossus.
3700: Hut: 5 attempts: Archer, Archer, 50 gold, Alphabet, None Nomad. Chose the None Nomad.
3600: Started mine on oil.
3550: Alphabet > Ceremonial Burial (33). Warrior returns home and Lux is reduced from 40% > 0.
3100: Ceremonial Burial > Code of Laws (48).
2900: Completion of Mine on Oil.
2650: Completion of road towards ivory.
2500: Code of Laws > Monarchy (60). Can complete Monarchy in 1750 but will slow it down a bit to reach it in 1650.
2400: Ivory has a road and will build a mine next.
1750: Monarchy > Currency (was set for a 1650 Oedo, but the beaker cost shifted downward which is fine too as long as it didn't shift upwards : ).
1700: Revolution.
1650: Despotism > Monarchy. Completion of Mine on Ivory. City will establish a one turn food surplus this turn in size 2.
1600: Nomad joins city 2 > 3 and with no way to establish a food surplus in this size 3 city until Seafaring, will not be able to utilize the mined Oil until then except in this single 1600 turn.
1550: With city starved back down to zero food storage, the 3 squares i am able to use to keep city from starving are the whale, fish and mined/roaded ivory which provide a zero food surplus.
1500: One turn of having 10 shields was nice, but we are back to 5 now.

1500 bc summary: 1 city, Monarchy, Wonder progress @ 142/200, 5 techs with Currency in progress @ 16/72 and with 8 science income per turn. No buildings, 1 warrior. Treasury: 88 gold.

1200: Currency > Trade (84).

975: :wavey: Colossus :wavey:. > Warrior (to eliminate the need for what is now 10% Lux). Science 8 > 11. S 70 / T 20 / L 10.
950: S 70 / T 30.
925: Warrior > Settler (place holding for a caravan).
875: Trade > Map Making. S 30 / T 70.
800: 1st gold aided Wonder Caravan. With no 30 shield unit, rushed from 5 > 10 > 20 in one turn then from 25 > 40 the next turn. Will likely repeat this pattern several times as gold permits.
700: 2nd Wonder Caravan.
600: 3rd Wonder Caravan.

500 bc summary: Colossus, 1 city, Monarchy, 3 wonder caravans and 4th @ 45/50. 7 techs with Map Making in progress @ 75/96 (and hoping not to finish it). No buildings, 2 warriors. Treasury: 20 gold.

475: 4th Wonder Caravan. This one took an extra turn since there was not enough gold to rush it from 25 > 30.
200 shields are filled.

450: :wavey: Marco's :wavey:. Hoping beyond hope to be able to get Lighthouse as well and hoping to get allies to help fund it.

Assessment of foreign civs:

Romans: Masonry, Pottery, Warrior Code, In progress (IP): Iron Working.
Zulu: Horse, Mason, Myst, Poly, Pottery, (Wheel), IP: Alphabet.
French (Icy): Construction, Horse, Map Making, Masonry, IP: Writing.
Spanish: Horse, Iron, Pottery, Warrior Code, IP: Writing.
English: Astronomy, Map Making, Masonry, Mathematics, Mysticism, ip: None.
Mongol: Horse, Iron, Myst, Warrior Code, Wheel, ip: Map Making.

My rating is pathetic which opens the door to possible alliances with all 6 civs and the potential for accompanying gold gifts. None have met one another. 4 civs need Map Making and All 6 need Monarchy. Zulu is researching a difficult tech to gift, so i will likely approach them first before i have too many other techs so alphabet will be one of the few it can trade me for. English with early Astronomy is something to really watch out for since Copernicus is the most crucial one city wonder of all. So far the English don't have a wonder in progress and i do want to keep this tech out of as many hands as possible. I won't concern myself about trading for Astronomy and potentially getting Navi in a hut (which halves trade bonuses), but i will try to avoid Invention to allow for as many techs from huts as possible. I will need to get Astronomy right away before England starts the wonder and then refuses to trade it. French and Romans are building Pyramids, so i want to have Masonry before approaching them.

Step 1: Approached the Zulu. Picked up Masonry, Pottery and Mysticism and having run out of techs to trade to them for now, left them @ Enthusiastic, planning to return later this turn.
Step 2: Approached the French: Gave them Trade, Traded for Map Making, Construction and Horseback, gave them another tech for Alliance and received 50 gold before they abruptly left.
Step 3: Approached the Mongol, traded for Iron Working and The Wheel, Alliance and received 50 gold before they left.
Step 4: Approached the Romans. Gifted them 4 techs, Alliance and received 150 gold.
Step 5: Approached the Spanish, Gifted them 3 techs, Alliance and received 250 gold.
Step 6, Back to the Zulu, gifted and traded for Polytheism, Alliance and they would not gift me gold.
Step 7: Approached the English, Traded for Astronomy and Math, Alliance and received 200 gold.

Summary of Diplomatic developments: Was able to ally with all 6 civs and to receive 700 in generous gold gifts. Gained 12 techs. Gifted each civ their tech in progress as well as Map Making. 4 of the 6 now have Monarchy and i plan to gift it to the other two next turn. No map trades as yet since each time i requested a gift from my new ally (which was by far the highest priority), it ended the dialogue.

Wanting Lighthouse next and to get a trireme and 2 diplomats en route to Northia as soon as reasonably possible. Will keep a careful eye on Copernicus, but will hold off on it for now.

425: > Seafaring (90/540). Gifted Spain and England a tech that was not Monarchy as yet. Picked up 4 maps of 6. Rushed Caravan 5 > 10 > 20 > 30 > 40 in one turn. Planning to do this with the next several caravans allowing for Cara's in 3.
400: Gifted England their tech in progress and they still need Monarchy. Gifted Spain another tech that was not Monarchy. As is typical within an alliance, both pushed me away before i could offer them more.
375: 1st current wonder caravan. Diplomacy: Gifted England Monarchy. Gifted Spain another tech that was not Monarchy.
350: Diplomacy: Gifted Spain 2 additional techs that were not Monarchy, then finally Monarchy. Traded Maps with Spain and England and now have all 6 maps.
300: 2nd wonder caravan.
250: Rome builds Pyramids and France switches to Hanging Gardens (keeping competition for Lighthouse light). 8 turns after the initial alliance was formed, this is the time to seek additional gifts: Zulu 75, Spanish 25, England 25, Mongol 25.
225: 3rd Wonder Caravan. Romans develop Seafaring, traded them for it and gifted it to those researching it. Going to build a Harbor before anything else since this will allow me to reach size 4 where i will be able to utilize my 5-shield mined oil which will currently contribute to a production of 10 net shields.
200: French develop Writing. Traded them for it and gifted it to those researching it. Harbor rushed 5 > 60.
175: > Navigation. Harbor > 4th wonder caravan. Gifts: Rome 25, Mongol 25. For the most part we are investing in climbing to size 4 at this point (Fish/Whale/Ocean) so we will be able to utilize all 4 specials on a regular basis as soon as possible.
150: Gifts: Zulu 50, England 25, Mongol 25.
125: 4th wonder caravan and 200 shields are filled. Gifts: Zulu 25, Spain 25, Mongol 50.
100: :wavey: Lighthouse :wavey:.
75:
50: French complete Hanging Gardens. Gifts: Rome 50, Zulu 50, France 50, Spain 50, England 50, Mongol 50.
25: 1st Explorer. Mongols develop Bridge Building which i will trade for next turn (waiting until i can see what they choose to research next). As well the Mongols gifted me 50.
1ad: Traded Mongols for Bridge building and received a gift of 50 from the Spanish.

1 ad Summary: Colossus, Marco's, Lighthouse. Monarchy, 1 city (size 3). Harbor. 22 techs and with Navi @ 172/644. 1 Explorer, 2 warriors. Treasury: (a whopping) 1137.

20: 1st Trireme.
40 2nd Explorer (decided to rush this from 0 > 30). Trireme and 2 explorers set sail for Northia. Romans develop Literacy and begin production on Great Library. As such they would not trade Literacy.
60: 1st Trade Caravan (rushed 0 > 50 as will many units be).
80: 2nd Trade Caravan. Gifts: Spain, England and Mongol, 50 gold each.
100: 2nd Trireme which sets sail for Northia with the 2 Trade Caravans. Gift: French 50. Westernmost forest hut opened by explorer en route to Northia: 100 gold.
120: 3rd trade caravan. Zulu develop Literacy and i trade them for it. Gifted them a tech and they gifted me 50 gold.
140: 1st current wonder caravan (food) (building caras due to having 0 net shields while seeking to reach size 4 as soon as possible).
160: 2nd wonder caravan.
180: 3rd Trireme.
200: 3rd Explorer. Trireme sets sail to Northia with the third trade caravan and the third explorer as food stores fill. Zulus acquire Republic and i trade them for it. Gifts 50 x 4. With 3 boats in the water, decided that since i am unable to celebrate in Republic i will stay in Monarchy for the time being. Disbanded a warrior towards next building.
220: City grows from 3 > 4. Temple.
240: Jungle Hut: Navigation.
Interim: Rome developed Philosophy
260: 1st Caravel. > Philosophy. Traded Rome for it and gifted it to the English who were researching it. Gifts 50x3.
Jungle Hut: None Nomad. Plan to utilize the none nomad (and any future none nomads) to build trade roads towards England, Spain and any others who build outwards onto the Northian mainland. With a 3rd unit to carry North and with these units being close enough to justify this, will utilize this new caravel to pick these guys up and will bring the trireme home for disbanding towards a superior vessel. As well with a 4th movement point the caravel will land upon Northia at least a couple turns earlier than the 3 movement trireme would have landed, even though the trireme had a 3 turn head start. The other two triremes are much too far along and will continue in their journey.
Diplomacy every turn including Get more gold gifts
280: > Physics. Rome acquired Banking and i traded them for it. Zulu gifted me 50.
300: 2nd Caravel.
320: 4th Explorer. Spanish acquire Engineering and i will avoid this for now. Gifts 50 x 4.
340: 3rd Wonder Caravan
360: 4th Wonder Caravan.
380: 5th Wonder Caravan. Forest Hut: 2 barb horses (but Explorer hops safely back into the boat).
400: 6th Wonder Caravan. Forest Hut: Medicine. Gifts: 50 x 2.
420: 7th Wonder Caravan. Gifts 50 x 2.
440: No unit since gold was tight. Swamp Hut: 25 gold. Gift: 50 gold from the Mongol.

3 great wonders are available for me to build (Copernicus, Magellan's, Shakespeare's) and part of the decision is which is the most likely the foreign civs will go for once one of the three building Great Library completes it. I think Copernicus is the riskiest one and the most important wonder in this game. But Copernicus will help me the least in this stage of the game where i am not focused on science as yet and will not be until all of the huts are opened. Shakespeare's allows me to have my 4 boats in the water and to celebrate to size 12... which also will make for much better trade bonuses when my first trades begin to land in about 42 turns. Magellan's is highly valuable but with 2 triremes about 80% of the way to Northia and a Caravel about 60% of the way, it becomes less critical. If i knew i could build all three, i would build Shakespeare's first, Magellan's 2nd and then Copernicus. But since Copernicus can't be lost and since it is the most likely one the ai will try to build first among these three, i have to take that seriously. After this time of deliberation, i have chosen to build Shake's first, then Copernicus 2nd to minimize the chances of losing it. If i am lucky i will still be able to build Magellan's third. 460 is Oedo so i will build Shake's now and revolt.

460: :wavey: Republic and Shakespeare's :wavey:. I miscalculated and even with 80% lux, unable to celebrate with 4 boats out. One fewer boat away will make the necessary difference and likely one of the two triremes arriving upon Northia very shortly will be disbanded to make this happen. In the meantime, T 80 / S 20. Disbanded warrior into city to initiate next wonder caravan. Tiny north island Hut: None Elephant. Deficient in necessary cargo space and considering it to not be worth it to come strait back for him (since i want the boat and one explorer to comb the shoreline together for safe huts, Elephant will be stranded on this island for a good number of turns, likely until the fairly nearby Caravel is able to pick him up. One gift of 50 gold.

480: 3rd (current) Wonder Caravan. One gift of 50 gold. Safe Swamp Hut: 2 barbarian horses but the explorer is able to hop back into the boat. An interesting observation in this game is that when playing with unlimited cities, every barbarian hut was a horde that completely surrounded the unit, but in this one city game so far both barbarian huts have yielded 2 horses instead of 7 or 8 (and i would predict that the game would continue in this pattern). This lends itself to a tactic whereby a dip could open single movement unterrained huts with one remaining movement point and then bribe one (none) horse which would kill the other. At this point i already have 4 explorers (and in most instances 2 extra steps would not get them clear from the striking range of both horses, so in hindsight dips might have been the better overall solution and the bribed barb horses would have been none units which also could have contributed significantly towards exploration. Gold is tight so no 0 > 50 unit rushed to arrive next turn.

500: No unit. Gifts 50 x 3.

500 ad Summary: Colossus, Marco's, Lighthouse, Shakespeare's. Republic, 1 city (size 4). Buildings: Harbor, Temple. 28 techs and with Physics @ 281 / 812. Units: 3 trade caravans, 3 wonder caravans (food), 1 settler (none), 2 Caravels, 2 trireme's, 4 Explorers, 1 elephant (none). End of turn treasury: 224.

520: 4th wonder caravan. English develop University and i trade them for it. Gifts: 50 x 2. First Northia Hut: Physics.

As the none nomad has nearly reached Northia, i took the opportunity to examine the map more closely and to make a specific plan for the work he will be doing...

TRADE ROAD: Given the Northian mainland location of most foreign civs in this particular game (ranging at this point from 13 longitude to 68), 35 then 36 longitude is an excellent place for a trade road reducing the turns to reach the river 2 steps from the westernmost connection @ 36/54 from 16 to 8 if one were to instead boat an extra turn and then utilize the river starting @ 42/100 to reach 36/54). Additional roads and bridges will be built from there, the specifics of which will be re-assessed once this first portion of the trade road is completed. As well a road here can lead to eventual rail which would eliminate those 16 turns of river travel altogether (or what would at that time with freight be 8 turns along the river). The 35/36 proposed road also has only 1 non-grassland square along the route to 36/54 so this road appears to be the simplest and most efficient to build. As well, this 35 longitude location @ 35/99 is very nearly the most direct possible route from our city to Northia. The transitional point of the proposed 35/36 road is where 35/75 connects to 36/74.

End of turn treasury: 188.

540: > Magnetism (295 / 868). 5th wonder caravan. No gifts as has been the case many turns when all foreign civs have treasuries under 50 gold.
560: No unit. Hill island Hut: Chemistry. Northia Hut (4 attempts): Tribe, Tribe, Tribe, Magnetism. Very fortunately my 2nd trireme had just reached the Northian shore in the previous turn (maybe it's low or maybe it's even zero, but i don't recall the % of chance a trireme can sink upon Magnetism). One pitfall of Magnetism in the short term is that my 2 caravels actually lost a movement point : ). But on a positive note, the next ship built will be a 4 movement, 4 passenger, 0 attack strength Galleon. Northia Hut (2 attempts): Tribe, 3 barb horses (Interestingly 3 this time, not 2). This one explorer and the trireme are working together to safely open every coastal hut first, so the explorer is able to escape into the trireme. Choosing to open each hut with the first 1/3 of the movement points in case two extra steps provides an escape upon a barbarian result. My power rating continues to be pathetic and 3 civs are now above 50 gold leading to... Gifts: 50 x 3. Foreign civ research projects: 3 invention, 2 feudalism, 1 Engineering. The trade-off of avoiding engineering has been that 2 civs have self completed it and another picked it up in a hut, each of which could have been new useful techs instead. But my plan to avoid it has allowed me to pick up 3 or more techs from huts that might have otherwise been lost to getting Invention in a hut. Engineering continues to provide that buffer against getting Invention in a hut and ending the quest for as many Hut techs as possible. End of turn treasury: 251.

Current available techs from huts in addition to Engineering (then Sanitation or Invention) include:
Economics, Theory of Gravity (then Atomic Theory), Feudalism (then Chivalry), Monotheism (then Theology with Feudal). I believe this covers all of the possibilities and given this reality and that Engineering is only a 20% chance of a tech i can get (and then Invention would be only 17%), i will continue to avoid Engineering for the time being and hope for several additional techs from huts.

580: > Engineering (305 / 1020). Surprising choice maybe, but i am about 25 turns away from landing the first trade and very possibly being able to fill the beakers for this tech (and then holding back if necessary on completing it)... but also, if i do get Engineering in a hut, i want to be able to choose Sanitation next since it will become exceedingly useful within about 10 turns when i anticipate reaching size 12. First 2 trade caravans disembark into river mouth @ 42/100 which provides the quickest route towards the nearest foreign civ and various nearby huts have been carefully avoided to minimize the barbarian threat. There is also a stranded nearby Elephant on tiny island that will be picked up and can serve the purpose of helping to protect these two trades in their journey. This trireme is finally able to be disbanded which allows our city to celebrate at long last. L 30 / T 70. 6th Wine Caravan (!) > Marketplace. Nobody is building Copernicus as yet and nor has Great Library been completed to intensify the threat of one or more civs switching to it, so i will continue to hold back on it and keep my wonder building options open. As well with 5 wonder caravans (and a wine caravan in an emergency) built to nearly guarantee Copernicus, this provides an excellent opportunity to construct certain buildings which will include an Aquaduct in 5 or fewer turns as well as Marketplace, Bank and Stock Exchange, all of which will be far more valuable in a size 12 or greater city than in a size 4. Safe coastal Northian Hut: None Legion. Legion boards trireme along with the explorer to avoid 2 nearby barb horses. Hut (4 tries): Tribe, Tribe, Tribe, Economics. Next hut tech yields a 75% chance for avoiding Engineering among the following 4 possibilities: Theory of Gravity, Monotheism, Feudalism or Engineering. No gifts (all foreign treasuries contain less than 50 gold).

600: No unit or building. Size 4 celebration. Gifts: 50 x 3. End of turn treasury: 277.

620: Marketplace > Bank. 4 > 5. Tundra Hut: Monotheism. Final southern hut. I recently read in a post by Samson that the presence of a None Nomad (which i have) suppresses the possibility for getting another unless there are 8 or more cities and that the % for what would otherwise have applied to the possibility of getting another None Nomad in a hut is added to the % for getting a tech. Next tech hut provides a 66.7 % chance of not being Engineering among the following 3 possibilities: Theory of Gravity, Feudalism, Engineering. Hut (2 attempts): Tribe, 50 gold. Gifts: 50 x 1. End of turn treasury: 395.

640: No unit or building (conserving funds for 2 buildings over 4 turns). 5 > 6. Completion of very first trade road. 3rd Trade carvan disembarks onto river mouth and empty caravel moves towards tiny island to pick up the stranded none elephant. Safe Hut (2 attempts): Tribe, 2 barb horses. Explorer steps back into trireme. Gifts 50 x 3. End of turn treasury: 329.

660: Bank > Aquaduct. 6 > 7. Rome develops Feudalism. I trade them for it and attempted gifting it to the 2 civs researching it but had to settle for a tech to each that was not Feudalism as yet. Chivalry and Theology replace Feudalism as non-Engineering tech hut possibilities along with Theory of Gravity so the likelihood of getting a tech hut that is not Engineering is 75%. Safe Coastal Hut (2 attempts): Tribe, None Crusader. Gifts: 50 x 1. End of turn treasury: 463.

680: No building or unit. 7 > 8. Hut (3 attempts): Tribe, Tribe, 50 gold. Gifts 50 x 2. End of turn treasury: 493.

700: Aquaduct > Galleon. 8 > 9. Hut (3 attempts): Tribe, Tribe, Engineering. Gifted this to the one civ that was researching it. Possible techs from next hut include: Sanitation, Chivalry, Theology, Theory of Gravity, Invention, so if a hut is going to be a tech, there is an 80% chance of getting a tech other than Invention. Gifted tech to multiple civs towards their tech in progress. Hut (2 attempts): Tribe, 25 gold. No gold gifts received this turn. Science remains @ 0% to postpone committing to our next research project. Most likely i would want Sanitation, but it could turn out that another civ ends up with Theory of Gravity and provides unwanted competition for Sir Isaac's so i want to keep my options open until my trade caravans are very close to their destinations. Local exploration team of a Caravel and the explorer arrive home. The caravel will reach the city to disband in 2 turns and the explorer will join the Wine caravan on an expedition North with a soon to be built Galleon.

700 ad Summary: Colossus, Marco's, Lighthouse, Shakespeare's. Republic, 1 city (size 9 and to be 12 in 3 turns). Buildings: Harbor, Temple, Marketplace, Bank, Aquaduct. 36 techs and with next unchosen tech @ 305 / 1110. Units: 4 trade caravans, 5 wonder caravans (food), 1 settler (none), 2 Caravels, 1 trireme, 4 Explorers, 1 Crusader (none), 1 elephant (none), 1 Legion (none). End of turn treasury: 560.

720: No building or unit. 9 > 10. Caravel in the North finally able to pick up stranded Elephant. Hut (2 attempts): Tribe, 100 gold.
Safe Hut (3 attempts): Tribe, Tribe, None Legion. Diplomacy with all 6 foreign civs: Gifted 3 civs a tech towards their current project, collected 50 gold x 2, updated one map. End of turn treasury: 702.

740: 1st Galleon > Stock Exchange. 10 > 11. Disbanded Caravel into city to allow current project to complete in one. Diplomacy: Gifted Rome tech in progress (Medicine) and collected 50 gold gift. Gifted Zulu tech in progress (Engineering) and was chased away. Gifted Spain their tech in progress (Feudalism) and collected a 100 gold gift. 2 others to approach after opening huts. Hut: Sanitation (in the most impeccable imaginable timing). Stock exchange production shifted to Sewer. Continued diplomacy: Back to two other civs and simply updated maps. Treasury at end of turn: 714.

760: Sewer > Stock Exchange. 11 > 12. English develop Invention which i will continue to avoid for now. Diplomacy: Gifted each of 2 civs a tech towards their tech in progress before they ran off. Other civs had under 50 gold so i was unable to collect any gifts. Updated 3 maps. Noticed that my pathetic power rating has shifted to "weak" and as a result i choose to curtail the celebration for now until my trades are ready to land in order to keep as many gold gifts as possible coming in. Non transformed iceland will allow for a maximum size of 15 and i will inch this up while seeking to remain pathetic every step of the way. Considerable treasury contributes to this as well as does the number of techs. End of turn treasury: 822. T 80 / S 20.

780: No building or unit. Diplomacy: Gifted a tech to each of 3 civs towards their tech in progress before they departed. Then opened huts before interacting with the other three. Hut: 50 gold. Hut (2 attempts): Tribe, 3 barb horses. Remaining diplomacy: 50 gold, 0 gold, 1 map. Disbanded a trireme on the Northian coast and current fleet consists of 1 Galleon and 1 Caravel. Power rating is too high @ inadaquate which caused the French to withhold a gift.

800: Stock Exchange > 6th wonder caravan. Diplomacy: I am back to Pathetic which is great : ). Gifted Zulu their tech in progress (Economics) and a tech before this and collected 100 gold from them. Collected 50g from the French and Spanish. Gifted Mongols a tech towards eventually Feudalism. Will return to the other two civs after opening huts. Hut (2 attempts): Tribe, 3 barb horses. One of them can reach my explorer after moving 2 steps away, but hopefully he won't see me :). Resumed diplomacy: Rome updated map, England 50 gold gift. End of turn treasury: 1009 gold.

820: No unit or building. 12 > 13 (and still Pathetic). Diplomacy: Gifted the Mongols their tech in progress (Feudalism) and one before this. Will return to all of the others after opening huts. Hut: Invention and so ends the very nice string of free techs from huts : ). Hut (3 attempts): Tribe, Tribe, None Legion. Explorer from last turn did manage to escape : ). Remaining Diplomacy: gifted Rome Invention and got an updated map. Zulu, French and Spanish (all under 50 g in treasury): updated maps, England: 50 gold. End of turn treasury: 1023.

840: 6th Wonder Caravan. 13 > 14. Power rating is now "Weak" which is too strong. As such will pause growth for now @ size 14 for a short while before reaching one size higher which is brings city to a zero food surplus. T 80 / S 20. Zulu completes Great Library, 3 civs abandon Great Library (which is strange, but helpful), England switches to Leos, Spain begins Copernicus afresh. England is thus the one to watch out for and they also have Astronomy and Navigation. Diplomacy: Each civ working on a tech i do not have so there were techs to gift. Received 50 gold from Rome, Zulu, Spain, Mongol. The following civs had under 50 gold and so i traded maps: France and England. Feeling a bit of pressure to get Copernicus now to take no further chances on England switching to it from Leo's. 5 caravans and 200 gold fill 300 shields. End of turn treasury: 1121.

860: :wavey: Copernicus :wavey:. > Theory of Gravity (331 / 1209). Another civ is researching this so i had to play it safe. Power rating is inadaquate which is too high. Diplomacy: Rome and England 150 gold each, Zulu, French, Spanish and Mongol: Maps. Hut: None Crusader. Hut: 25 gold. Hut: 50 gold.

880: No building or unit. Diplomacy: Spain 50 gold. All others i didn't have a good enough reason to approach. No huts this turn. End of turn treasury: 1649.

900: 2nd Wonder Caravan. Hut (4th attempt): Tribe, Tribe, Tribe, 50 gold. Hut: 50 gold. Diplomacy: Gifts: 50, 50, 0. 2 caravans and 1200 gold fill 400 shields. End of turn treasury: 760.

900 ad Summary: Colossus, Marco's, Lighthouse, Shakespeare's, Copernicus, (next turn Magellan's). Republic, 1 city, size 14. Buildings: Harbor, Temple, Marketplace, Bank, Aquaduct, Sewer, Stock Exchange. 38 techs and with Theory of Gravity in progress @ 383 / 1209. Zero trade routes, but three trades are nearing their destinations. Units: 4 trade caravans, 0 wonder caravans (food), 1 settler (none), 1 Galleon, 1 Caravel, 4 Explorers, 2 Crusaders (none), 1 elephant (none), 2 Legion (none). End of turn treasury: 760.

To be continued...

Last edited:
One city game, 920 AD > 1650 AD:

920: :wavey: Magellan's :wavey:. Spending Gold down brought me back to Pathetic and as such i should be able to collect gold from the French who refused me last turn. Diplomacy: 50 gold x 3 (including the French) and maps from the other 3 civs. Hut (3 attempts): Tribe, Tribe, 3 barb horses. Explorer specifically had a Crusader nearby for support which killed one of the 3 horses and allowed the Explorer to reach safety. Hut (2 attempts): Tribe, 50 gold. First 2 trades as escorted along the river by a Crusader and Elephant are ready to land in 5 turns (1020) and the 3rd trade is ready to land in 8 (1080). None of the commodities are demanded anywhere. Will celebrate city to it's max current food capacity of 15 before landing any of the trades. End of turn treasury: 1071.

940: No unit or building. Hut (3 attempts): Tribe, Tribe, 3 barb horses and explorer is able to escape behind terrained squares with remaining 2 moves. Hut: 50 gold. Diplomacy: 50 gold x 3. End of turn treasury: 1263.

960: 1st Wonder Caravan. Hut: 50 gold. Diplomacy: 50 gold, 50 gold, 0 gold (French is pathetic again, i am weak).

980: Celebration. 2 Huts: 50 gold, None Legion. Diplomacy: 1 map trade. End of turn gold: 1566.

1000: 14 > 15 (max food capacity until transformation work is done). T 80 / S 20. 2nd Wonder Caravan > Library. Huts: None Musket, 2 attempts: Tribe, 50 gold, 3 barb horses (with hopeful escape), Diplomacy: French develop Gunpowder and i trade them for it. No gold gift due to them being pathetic : ). Gifted GP to Rome (their tech in progress) and collected 50 g. 100 G from Zulu. 50 G from Spain. England 0 gift (i believe they are inadaquate). Mongol, map.

1000 ad Summary: Colossus, Marco's, Lighthouse, Shakespeare's, Copernicus, Magellan's. Republic, 1 city, size 15. Buildings: Harbor, Temple, Marketplace, Bank, Aqueduct, Sewer, Stock Exchange. 39 techs and with Theory of Gravity in progress @ 487 / 1240. Zero trade routes, but three trades should be 2 turns from their destinations (if not further blocked). Units: 4 trade caravans, 2 wonder caravans (food), 1 settler (none), 1 Galleon, 1 Caravel, 4 Explorers, 2 Crusaders (none), 1 elephant (none), 1 Musket, 3 Legion (none). End of turn treasury: 1922.

1020: No unit or building. No Huts. Diplomacy: Gifted a tech towards one in progress. Collected 50 + 0 + 0.

1040: Library > University. Hut: 3 barb horses opened by Explorer with support from Crusader and Musket and still no easy solution. Killed 2 of the 3 and only the crusader remains vulnerable. No demand for Salt anywhere in the world: First trade of game: Undemanded Salt to size 4 Nishapur: 826. Fills beakers for Theory of Gravity and the trade is a + 9. Rushed University 0 > 40 > 160. Diplomacy: Gifted a tech towards a tech in progress, Gifts 0 + 0. 3 map trades.

1060: Theory of Gravity > Explosives. University (building) > Sir Isaac's. 1 Wonder caravan + 1400 gold fills 400 shields. No demand for Gold anywhere in the world. 2nd trade of game: Undemanded Gold to size 4 Nishapur: 847 / 1271 . Science to 80%. Crusader survived. Huts: None Musket. Diplomacy: Gifted Theory to one civ who was researching it and University to another. Gifts: 50+50+0+0. End of turn gold: 2168.

1080: :wavey: Sir Isaac's :wavey:. Explosives > Chivalry (the only other choices were atomic theory and Theology). 3rd trade of game: Undemanded Oil to size 4 Nishapur: 868 / 1302 . 450 city science is able to complete Chivalry immediately. 1 Hut (5 attempts): Tribe x 4 then 3 barb horses. Possible and hopeful escape by the explorer. Diplomacy: Gifted a tech to each of 3 civs. Gift attempts @ inadequate: 0+0+0. 1 Caravan + 1400 gold fills 400 shields. End of turn treasury: 1660.

1100: :wavey: Leo's :wavey:. Explosives > Democracy (0 / 1161, Oedo year 1180). Upgrades: 1 Settler > Engineer, 1 Caravel > Galleon, 1 Elephant > Crusader, 3 Legion > Musketeers. Hut (3 attempts): Tribe, Tribe, 100 Gold. Hut: 100 Gold. Diplomacy: Rome develops Steam Engine and i trade them for it. Gifted techs in progress to multiple civs, received 100 gold from the Zulu peoples. S 60 / T 40 to complete Democracy in 4.

1100 AD Summary: Colossus, Marco's, Lighthouse, Shakespeare's, Copernicus, Magellan's, Sir Isaac's, Leo's. Republic, 1 city, size 15. Buildings: Harbor, Temple, Marketplace, Bank, Aqueduct, Sewer, Stock Exchange, Library, University. 43 techs. 3 trade routes. Units: 1 trade caravan, 0 wonder caravans (food), 1 engineer (none), 2 Galleons, 4 Explorers, 3 Crusaders (none), 5 Muskets (none). 8 trade roads towards the 24 needed to complete the short cut high up the river End of turn treasury: 1989.

1120: No unit or building. Hut: None Musket. Diplomacy: Gifted a tech to each of 3 civs. No gifts.

1140: 1st Diplomat. Seeking diplomats to bribe none settlers or engineers to complete the trade roads and rail and to eventually transform our land of ice. As well they will be useful in more safely opening any huts that will be left by the time they arrive. Hut: Tribe then 3 barb horses. Hut (in cramped quarters): 1 barb horse which is killed. Hut: Tribe/Tribe/50 gold. Diplomacy: Back to pathetic which is helpful : ). Gifted a tech to each of 2 civs an collected gold gifts of: 50, 50, 100, 125, and 0. End of turn gold: 2433.

1160: No Unit. Hut: None Musket. Hut: Tribe, Tribe, 100 Gold. Diplomacy: Zulu develop Metallurgy and they gifted it to me. Gifted tech to 3 civs. Received 50 gold + 100 + 100 + 25. Treasury: 2800.

1180: :hammer: Democracy :hammer:. > Electricity. Will keep Democracy out of the hands of the foreign civs so that i am able to bribe their settlers / engineers. 2nd Diplomat. Both board Galleon which returned from the North. No commodities available to build. Hut: 3 barb Knights. Killed 2 and placed the most expendable unit (a musket) in harms way that will likely be killed before i kill the 3rd knight next turn. Hut: 2 barb knights and a possible escape by the explorer. Diplomacy: Gifted a tech to each of 2 civs, received Gifts of 50, 75, 25 updated 2 maps. Trade road @ 12 segments. Treasury: 3115.

1200: No unit. Musket surprisingly survived the Knight's attack but in a separate region i lost an explorer. Hut: 3 barb Knights that will kill my Crusader. Diplomacy: Gold 50+50+100.

1200 AD Summary: Colossus, Marco's, Lighthouse, Shakespeare's, Copernicus, Magellan's, Sir Isaac's, Leo's. Democracy, 1 city, size 15. Buildings: Harbor, Temple, Marketplace, Bank, Aqueduct, Sewer, Stock Exchange, Library, University. 45 techs. 3 trade routes. Units: 1 trade caravan, 0 wonder caravans (food), 1 engineer (none), 2 Galleons, 3 Explorers, 2 Diplomats, 3 Crusaders (none), 7 Muskets (none). 13 trade roads towards the 24 needed to complete the short cut from the coast high up into the river towards the foreign trade community. End of turn treasury: 3344.

1220: Lost a crusader. One Galleon ship chains 2 dips to the other and the first will head back to the city to transport more units. Hut: Tribe/100 Gold. Hut: 100 Gold. Treasury: 3513.

1240: Electricity > Railroad. 3rd Diplomat. Hut: None Musket. Hut: 2 barb Knights. Hut: None Crusader. Diplomacy: Gifts @ inadequate: 150, 0, 0, 50, 50, 75. Treasury: 3890.

1260: No Unit. Hut: None Crusader. Gifts: 50, 0, 50, 35, 50. Treasury: 4018.

1280: 2nd Engineer. 15 > 14. Decided this land needs some transformation and i don't want to wait a very long time for bribed engineers to return from Northia. First project is transforming the glacier/river city square to tundra. Disbanded an explorer to free up a net shield bringing us from 0 > 1.

1300: Railroad > Industrialization. No huts this turn.. Diplomacy: Gifted Railroad to 4 civs researching it. Received a 50 gold gift.

1300 AD Summary: Colossus, Marco's, Lighthouse, Shakespeare's, Copernicus, Magellan's, Sir Isaac's, Leo's. Democracy, 1 city, size 14. Buildings: Harbor, Temple, Marketplace, Bank, Aqueduct, Sewer, Stock Exchange, Library, University. 47 techs. 3 trade routes. Units: 1 trade caravan, 0 wonder caravans (food), 2 engineers (one is none), 2 Galleons, 1 Explorer, 3 Diplomats, 4 Crusaders (none), 8 Muskets (none). 18 trade roads towards the 24 needed to complete the short cut from the coast high up into the river towards the foreign trade community. End of turn treasury: 4097.

1320: 4th diplomat and 2 board Galleon towards Northia. Hut: 100 Gold. Big turn for Gifts: 50, 0, 250, 50, 150, 150, total: 650. Treasury: 4851.

1340: No unit. Hut: 3 barb knights and fortunately explorer escaped behind a wall of terrain. Hut: 100 gold. Diplomacy: Received 50 gold and updated various maps. Treasury: 4905.

1360: Industrialization > Conscription (among other non-ideal choices. Primarily wanted Corporation) . 2 Galleons > Transports. 5th Diplomat. Gem became available to build and i decided to rush it in one turn starting with barracks. Newly converted transport carrying 2 dips comes back home for this. Gifts: 50, 0, 50, 50, 50, 50. Treasury: 4924.

1380: Gem > Factory. Rushing factory in one turn from 0 > 40 > 200. 2 dips arrive upon the Northia shores with the primary purpose of bribing none settlers/engineers and for good measure bribe a none explorer. No huts this turn. Diplomacy: 50, 0, map, 50, map, 50.

1400: Factory > Engineer. Rushing Engineer in 1 turn starting with barracks. Hut: Tribe, Tribe, 50 gold. Hut: 50 gold. Dipomacy: 50 x 3, 0.

1400 AD Summary:
Colossus, Marco's, Lighthouse, Shakespeare's, Copernicus, Magellan's, Sir Isaac's, Leo's. Democracy, 1 city, size 14. Buildings: Harbor, Temple, Marketplace, Bank, Aqueduct, Sewer, Stock Exchange, Library, University, Factory. 48 techs. 3 trade routes. Units: 2 trade caravans, 0 wonder caravans (food), 2 engineers (one is none), 2 Transports, 2 Explorers (1 none), 4 Diplomats, 4 Crusaders (none), 8 Muskets (none). 23 trade roads towards the 24 needed to complete the short cut from the coast high up into the river towards the foreign trade community. End of turn treasury: 4551.

1420: Conscription > The Corporation. 8 Muskets > Riflemen. 3rd Engineer 14 > 13. Hut: 3 barb Knights. Diplomacy: 50 x 3. Gifted Industrialization x 2. Treasury: 4698.

1440: No unit. Hut: 3 barb Knights. Hut: 3 barb Knights. After opening these two huts, exceedingly few remain including in the mountains. Gifts: 50 x 2, 0 x 2. Treas: 4631.

1460: 1st wonder caravan.

1480: Corporation > Refrigeration. 2 Trade Caravans > Freights. 4th trade of game: Undemanded Wine Freight to Nishapur: 894. Salt becomes available to build. Diplomacy: 100, 75, 50, 100, 0, 0. Treasury: 5711.

1500: 5th diplomat. Bribed 1st none settler: 204. Gifts: 50 x 2.

1500 AD Summary: Colossus, Marco's, Lighthouse, Shakespeare's, Copernicus, Magellan's, Sir Isaac's, Leo's. Democracy, 1 city, size 13. Buildings: Harbor, Temple, Marketplace, Bank, Aqueduct, Sewer, Stock Exchange, Library, University, Factory. 50 techs. 4 trades. Units: 1 trade caravans, 1 wonder caravans (food), 3 engineers (one is none), one settler (none), 2 Transports, 2 Explorers (1 none), 6 Diplomats, 3 Crusaders (none), 7 Riflemen (none). 26 trade roads. Treasury: 5585.

1510: Refrigeration > Refining. 1 settler > Engineer. No huts. Diplomacy: England completed Leadership, traded them for it and gifted it the civ researching it. Received 50 x 2. Treas: 5670.

1520: Salt Freight > Supermarket (rushed 0 > 40 > 80 in one turn). Completion of city square transformation from ice to tundra (20 turn project for an single engineer or 10 turns with 2 working together). Food production increased from 0 > 2 and upon having a supermarket next turn, the overall increase is 0 > 3 which allows for 1.5 additional citizens (which effectively is 1 and the next 1.5 is effectively 2). Lux to 10% which will initiate a celebration. L 10 / S 90.

Next transformation priority is: Two engineers working together will complete each project in the number of turns in parentheses. Oil > Fur (10) > irrigation (2.5) > refrigeration (2.5) resulting in + 4 food and + 2 citizens then bridge (1). Then the 2 other river squares one at a time utilizing both city engineers together to complete each project in half the time. Ice > Tundra (10) > Desert (5) > irrigation (1.5) > refrigeration (1.5), each resulting in + 3 food and + 1.5 citizens and 3 shields > bridge (1). Then the three dry ice squares, one at a time Ice > tundra > Desert > irrigation > refrigeration > desert for trade (5) > road (0.5) > rail (1) only prioritize this rail if extra shields are needed. Transformation of Tundra to desert is prioritized over irrigation and farmland since irrigating Tundra takes twice as long as irrigating desert. Then will re-evaluate at that time, eventually having plains and/or grasslands starting with a grassland in the city square which will automatically have a shield. Ivory will remain Ivory and the bridged Fur/River/farmland will remain as is. Unable to utilize the oil without incurring starvation so net shields are very tight. As such before the transformation to Fur, Engineers will likely lay rail on the ivory to provide another net shield or two to allow an additional Transport to be produced, further hastening journey to Northia. The last supported Explorer will soon be disbanded as well to allow our civ to maximize the number of Transports in the water.

Diplomacy:
No techs in progress to gift right now since i am withholding Democracy so their settlers / engineers can be bribed. With 2 dips nearby, traded maps with the Mongols as the highest diplomatic priority with them in this turn then Bribed 2nd none Engineer (for 216 gold an exceptionally fair price for the buyer). Now have 5 engineers and 3 are none. Civs with under 50 gold: maps with Rome and would currently need to reach their original island to bribe engineers. French same. Gifts @ inadequate from civs with 50 gold or more: Zulu 50, Spain 50, England 100.

Treasury: 5392.

1530: Celebration. Supermarket > 1 turn Transport. Now have + 1 food and a single empty ocean square to celebrate into. Any further celebration at this point would result in a food deficit of 1 so celebration growth will take us only to size 14 at the moment and 16 upon Fur.

Diplomacy: Mongols develop Communism, i trade them for it. Before Embassies went dark, intel revealed that Rome, Zulu and France were researching Democracy and Spain and England were researching Communism (also traded maps to see if there were any engineers around, finding and bribing another, now with 6). Gifted Communism to Spain and Monotheism to England as the first step towards the opportunity to gift them Communism. I will choose Espionage at the first opportunity to re-establish embassies everywhere as soon as possible without losing my invaluable units. Gifts Unaware of their treasury within the other 3 civs, but too far from them to reach any settlers/engineers they might have, sought gifts @ inadequate: 50, 100, 50. Bribed a none elephant (102 gold) because he was in the way.

Transport arrives upon the shores of Northia and a Gem Freight along with 3 diplomats disembark onto the trade road. Dips will be moving towards each civ to bribe settlers/engineers and also to establish embassies as soon as they become spies.

1540: 13 > 14. Have to stop growth here since the next citizen would cause starvation. Science to 100% or whatever is needed to complete each tech in the fewest number of turns without excess. 3rd Transport is completed ( > 4th ) which sets sail towards Northia with a Salt Freight and 1 Diplomat. Engineers complete rail on Ivory and shield production in that square increase from 3 > 5 allowing for 2 additional Transports to be built which will provide for a ship chain to be completed that will allow new Freights to reach the North shore in one turn. Once a complete rail system is in place, the shipping and rail together will result in a trade being produced and reaching its destination in the same turn, ideally triggering a new commodity each time. Next domestic project is Oil > Fur to be completed by the pair of engineers in 10 turns (1640).

Diplomacy: Mongols: Map which reveals no new Engineers ( / Settlers). Other 5 civs are still too distant from my dips to bother with maps, so approached each for a Gift @ Weak: 0, 0, 0, 100, 75.

Treasury: 5164.

1550: Refining > Espionage (1650 > 1540). No unit or building (no huge hurry this turn).

Diplomacy; @ Inadequate. Gifted the key civ French a tech which reduced the beaker cost from 1650 > 1540, enough of a difference to be able to complete Espionage in 3 turns instead of 4 @ 100% Science. Gifted a tech to the Zulu as well in case my power rating shifts to weak and to the Spanish in case it shifts to moderate. Will continue gifting these three for the time being, but each civ is allowing me to gift them only one tech per turn. Will balance all of this with the need for updated maps once my diplomats / future spies are nearby. Maps: Updated Mongol map once again hoping to see Engineers (and this time not). Also updated maps with Romans and English who are the nearest to begin to get an idea. Rome has an engineer on the mainland and England has 2 settlers all of which i intend to bribe. Rome's map also revealed an engineer on the Zulu mainland which is just east of Rome. My nearest dip heads towards Rome / Zulu and he will also establish embassies in both of those civs upon espionage.

Treasury: 5181.

1560: 4th Transport > 5th (one turn rush). No hurry for Power Plant as yet, but very soon.

Diplomacy @ Inadequate: Gifted a tech to each of the same three Civs (French, Zulu and Spanish) hoping to keep beaker cost low enough to complete current and near future techs in 3 turns. Gifts received: Rome 50, English 75, Mongol 150.

Treasury: 5196.

1570: 5th Transport > Power Plant (one turn rush 0 > 40 > 240). Trade road / River connected to 3 Mongol cities about 3 turns ago and expanded trade road just joined several pre-existing English roads and now connects to 3 English cities.

Diplomacy: Updated map with: Rome and dip has now moved 2 steps from their Engineer. Several of my units are now exploring England, so i don't need their map at this time. Received Gift from: England of 50 gold and bribed an English settler for 180. Current workforce count increases to 6 engineers and 1 settler. Mongol 100. Gifted one tech each to Key civs or potential key civs: French, Zulu, Spanish.

Treasury: 4741.

1580: Espionage > Steel. Power Plant > 6th Transport (one turn rush). (or FREIGHT? ) 6 Diplomats > Spies. 1 Net shield production > 4. 5th Trade of game: Undemanded Gem to English Warwick: 866. Does not immediately trigger a new commodity and another Freight is in the water en route.

Trade Road is now connected to 4 English cities.

Diplomacy: Rome: Map trade to find Engineer. He is gone and built a city. Established Embassy and walking towards the Zulu and their engineer. Zulu, French and Spanish: Gifted a tech. English: Established Embassy. Gifted a tech getting one step closer to gifting them the tech they are researching (Communism). Bribed a settler (188 gold) and protected spy from potential expulsion. Mongol: Established Embassy. Gifted a tech getting one step closer to gifting them the tech they are researching (Astronomy).

Treasury: 5155.

1590: 6th Transport > 7th (one turn rush). Final Hut of game: 100 gold. Disbanded supported explorer.

Trade Road now connects a 5th English city and Trade Road / River network now connects 2 Spanish cities.

Diplomacy: Map trades: England and opens up no Settlers / Engineers. Opportunity to bribe a None Frigate to reach their original island and i am considering this. Decided to do so at a cost of 120 gold and this opens up 3 additional potential trade cities. Updated map with the Zulu peoples as my spy approaches. Gifted tech to: Mongol, French and Romans (surprisingly they allowed me to gift them about 8 techs including their tech in progress of Poly. Established Embassy with Spain (4th of 6), requested gift and received none, bribed a none Engineer for 212. Explored Mongol encampment, located and bribed another Engineer for 200 gold. Now have 9 engineers and 1 settler.

In anticipation of having Fur in 5 turns and with enough food surplus built up to sustain us through a -1 food deficit upon size 15 in the meantime, Lux > 10% to celebrate to size 15.

Treasury: 4459.

1600 AD: Steel > Combustion. 7th Transport > 8th (one turn rush). Celebration. Leo's upgrades: 1 settler > Engineer.

Diplomacy @ Weak:

Rome: Gifted a tech towards Steel.
Zulu established embassy 5th of 6. Bribe of engineer which would have been 344 before receiving gift. Attempt at gift: 0. Bribed for 344. Opens up map to a French Engineer.
France: Gifted about 6 techs, all but their Democracy in progress.
Spain: Gift 0.
England: Gifted 2 techs culminating in their tech in progress. Map trade to locate potential bribes. Bribed an Engineer for 200 and a diplomat for 75. Requested gold and received none.
Mongol: Gifted a tech towards Astronomy.

1600 AD Summary: Colossus, Marco's, Lighthouse, Shakespeare's, Copernicus, Magellan's, Sir Isaac's, Leo's. Democracy, 1 city, size 14. Buildings: Harbor, Temple, Marketplace, Bank, Aqueduct, Sewer, Stock Exchange, Library, University, Factory, Supermarket, Power Plant. 55 techs. 5 trades. Units: 1 trade freight, 1 wonder freight (food), 12 engineers (10 are none), 0 settlers, 7 Transports, 1 Frigate (none), 6 spies, (1 diplomat), 1 Explorer (none), 4 dragoons (none), 7 Riflemen (none). 2 mines, 0 irrigation/refrigeration not including the one that was automatic in the city square, aprox 45 roads, 4 railroads. Treasury: 3768.

1610: 14 > 15 (and end of celebration for now due to food deficit, S > 100). 8th Transport > 9th (one turn rush). Salt Freight disembarks upon Northia trade road along with the other Spy.

Diplomacy @ Pathetic.

Rome (Key civ at the moment): Gifted a tech.
Zulu: Received 100.
France: Maps, no tech gift since they have all but Democracy, they refused me a gold gift. Bribed an engineer for 180.
Spain: Gift: 0. Bribed Engineer for 182.
England: Updated maps. Bribed None Dragoon for 130 to have more fast units to shelter Spies from expulsion.
Mongol: Gifted a tech and sought gold but was refused.

Treasury: 3091. (Have really been spending this down rushing one turn Transports, bribing None Engineers and having a 0 tax rate).

1620: 9th Transport > Gem Freight which just now became available (one turn rush).

Diplomacy @ Pathetic and 56 techs:

Rome 55 techs, ip: electronics: Gift request: 0.
Zulu 52 techs, ip: Democracy: Gift 75.
France: Initially No intel, then 55 techs, ip Democracy: Updated maps. 6th and final Embassy.
Spain: 51 techs, ip: Democracy: Updated maps and nothing to bribe.
England: 48 techs, ip: Tactics: Updated maps and nothing to bribe this turn.
Mongol: 41 techs, ip: Tactics: Gift request: 0.

Treasury: 2927.

1630: Combustion > Automobile. Gem Freight > 10th Transport (one turn rush). Ship chain is not quite complete and Gem will arrive upon the Northia shores next turn (1640). With an 13 strong army of None Engineers, the railway is coming along very nicely, but once the Gem lands on Northia, it will likely take an extra turn or maybe two to land. Within 4 turns the Freights will reach their destinations the very turn they are built. In about 5 turns the first 8 Engineers will ship chain to the capitol in one turn to rush lots of much needed work there.

Diplomacy @ Pathetic and 57 techs:

With Spain completing Democracy, i decided to gift it to the Zulu and the French this turn so the same won't happen with them. Stated another way, i want whatever tech they are able to complete so i don't want it to be one that i already have : ).

Rome 55 techs, ip: electronics: Updated map. Opportunity to bribe an engineer for 340, but decided against. Will very possibly stop bribing Engineers now, but even if i did bribe more of them, 340 is a much higher price than most opportunities have provided.
Zulu 52 techs, ip: Democracy: Gifted towards Democracy.
France: 55 techs, ip Democracy: Gifted Democracy.
Spain: 52 techs, ip: Combustion (begun in 1630): Updated maps and nothing to bribe.
England: 48 techs, ip: Tactics: Bribed Engineer for 220. Updated map which revealed nothing new to bribe. Mongol: 41 techs, ip: Tactics: Request for gift denied.

Lux 20 to initiate a celebration.

1640: Celebration. Oil becomes Fur. Zero net shields now. 10th Transport > Place holder towards Superhighways (but with 0 net shields). The 10 Transports i have are exactly enough for the perfect one turn ship chain to the Trade Road, however there are no extra Transports to allow this one turn journey to be accomplished in 2 or 3 consecutive turns. The only other supported units that can possibly be disbanded are my two home front Engineers and this becomes a very strong consideration. The timing is such that by the time the railway system is completed (allowing for a one turn trade on that end), the irrigation and farming of the Fur will allow the 2 supported Engineers to disband one at a time opening up this shield allotment for 2 additional transports which will allow for 3 consecutive turns of producing a Trade Freight and landing it (assuming the commodity opens up to be built each time). Once the first ice > tundra > desert > rail transformation takes place, this should open up 3 additional shields. With 8+ None Engineers soon coming to the capitol from Northia to contribute, i plan to disband these 2 supported engineers one at a time after the fur is irrigated and converted to farmland. (It already has a bridge). Disbanding the two will also allow for 2 additional citizens to be celebrated into which will take us from 16 > 18 (each with one food surplus).

Diplomacy @ Pathetic and 57 techs:

Rome 55 techs, ip: Electronics: Gift requested: 0.
Zulu 52 techs, ip: Democracy: Gifted Democracy.
France: 55 techs, ip Combustion: Gifted Combustion.
Spain: 52 techs, ip: Combustion: Gifted Combustion:
England: 48 techs, ip: Tactics: Won't gift tech until hopefully they complete Tactics. Gift requested: 0.
Mongol: 41 techs, ip: Tactics: Won't gift tech until hopefully they complete Tactics. Gift requested: 0.

Not sure why @ pathetic (and also @ Worshipful) my allies have all seemingly decided to stop gifting me Gold. Does anybody have any insight into what might be causing this shift in dynamic?

6th Trade: Undemanded Salt to Hastings: 1005 which is a full 2/3 of the current 1508 beaker cost and which demonstrates that in this specific situation with 70 base trade and huge distances Demand is irrelevant. Triggers availability of a Wine Freight to be produced which is rushed 0 > 50. The currently broken ship chain will allow this Freight to reach the shores of Northia one extra turn after it is built.

With so much important work that can be accomplished, bribed another None Engineer for the reasonable price of 220.

Treasury: 2989.

1650: Automobile > Mass Production (towards Computers). Wine Freight > Superhighways. 15 > 16 (now temporarily with 1 food deficit). Lux to 0.

7th trade, Undemanded Gems to Hastings (the only city that could be reached this turn), slightly sub-optimal bonus of 980 / 1593, but 618 city science (where 613 is needed) will complete this tech in 1 turn.

Diplomacy @ Pathetic and 58 techs:

Sought Gifts from all receiving 100 from the Zulu and 0 from all the rest.

Trade railway is coming along fantastically.

Treasury: 3685.

One city game, 1660 AD > 1750 :

1660: Mass Production > Atomic Theory (forced off path from the goal of Computers). Superhighways > Darwin's. Science @ 100% increased from 618 > 756.

Laid my 1 wonder caravan towards Darwin's and this triggered availability for building a Hide Freight. Decided to rush the Hide instead and hopefully i will be able to build one per turn for a while. Irrigation completes on Fur and city has eliminated its food deficit. Lux to 10% to initiate celebration

Summary of Diplomacy @ Pathetic: Gifted 2 techs to key civ Rome and one to the Mongols and sought Gold from the other 5 civs: 100, 0, 0, 0.

Treasury: 3722.

1670: Hide Freight > Hide Freight (0 > 50 one turn rush).

Bribed 3 Engineers for 240, 268 and 272. Now have a workforce army of 19 and eventually they along with other units can be disbanded towards Space parts.

Summary of Diplomacy @ Pathetic: Gifted Roman key civ 2 techs but Beaker demand remains slightly higher than City science can complete on its own in 2 turns. Gifted a tech to Zulu and collected 100 gold. Gifted a tech to the Mongol peoples. French 0, Spanish 75, English 0.

Treasury: 3888.

1680: Atomic Theory > Tactics (towards Computers). Hide Freight > Hide Freight (0 > 50 one turn rush).

Zulu complete Flight cancelling effects of Colossus. Max science reduced from 756 > 594.

Lux to 20% to initiate a celebration next turn in anticipation of the completion of Farmland on Fur and the resulting food surplus.

Summary of Diplomacy @ Pathetic: Traded the Zulu peoples for Flight, gifted them another tech. Gifted a tech to the Spanish towards Flight who are researching it. Gifted Rome Flight as well since they asked for it. Gold gifts: Zulu 75, English 150, French 0, Mongol 0, Rome 125.

Bribed Engineers: 284, 308, 264.

8th Trade: Undemanded Hides to size 6 Hastings: : 902 / 1602. 166 short of maximal possible trade bonus. No Hide demand anywhere and Hastings is the best possible trade city to be reached this turn.

9th Trade: Undemanded Hides to size 6 Valencia: : 862 / 1602. Spreading the love and this overfills beakers to complete current tech.

0 Sci rate and 1 Scientist chosen.

8 None Engineers board Transport to begin work in the Capitol next turn.

Treasury: 5112.

1690:
Tactics > Machine Tools (1701) towards Computers. Hide Freight > Hide Freight. Celebration.

Summary of Diplomacy @ Inadequate:

Gifted Tactics to the 2 civs researching it and also to the Spanish towards their tech in progress of Flight.
Requested Gifts from: Rome 75, Zulu 100 and France 75.

Fur achieves Farmland status creating a Food surplus of 1 and the supported Engineer with remaining movement contributes a turn of work towards bridging the fur.

8 Engineers with movement in tact arrive inside Capitol and begin their domestic labors
, the first of which completes the Fur Bridge.

The other 7 Northian Engineers including one with a turn of stored labor worked together in contributing 8/20ths towards transforming an ice/river to a tundra.

Next turn the ship chain will transport 2 Hide Freights to the Northian Trade Rail each Freight of which is able to reach its destination in the same turn and 8 additional None Engineers will board the ship on the Northian shore which will land them in the capitol the following turn.

Treasury: 5305.

1700: 16 > 17. First of 2 supported Engineers is disbanded into the city to maintain a food surplus. Hide Freight > Hide Freight. 2 Hides set sail to Northia and land upon the Northian Railway. One is needed to help complete the current tech project and the other awaits next turn.

Army of Engineers pour their labors into transforming the 1st Ice/River to Tundra and reached 17 turns of 20.

10th Trade: Undemanded Hide to Hastings: 980. City science is unable to complete the tech this turn, therefore:
11th Trade: Undemanded Hide to Hastings: 980.

Scientist enlisted to complete the tech.

Summary of Diplomacy @ Inadequate:

Gifted tech in progress to
: Spain (Flight).
Sought gold gift from the rest: 75, 0, 75, 100, 200. Now the gifting is back and i honestly don't know why : ).

Bribe of 20th and 21st None engineers: 272, 200.

5 None Engineers board the ship @ the Northian port scheduled to arrive in the Capitol next turn.

Treasury: 7304.

1710: Machine Tools > Electronics. Hide Freight > Hide Freight. 17 > 18. Ice/River becomes Tundra to keep the food surplus alive.

6th, 7th and 8th None Engineer passengers board Transport which will arrive in the capitol this turn.

Core of Engineers some of whom were carrying stored work from Northia transform 1st Ice/river to Tundra. Then Tundra to Desert. Then irrigated it and turned it into Farmland. Somehow the desert/farmland is only providing 1 food when i thought it would be 2. Perhaps the desert does not utilize farmland? In any case, next turn it will be a Plain.

Bribe of 22nd and 23rd None engineers: 220, 284.

Summary of Diplomacy @ Mighty: Sought gifts from all: 50, 0, 50, 225, 25, 100.

1720: Hide Freight > Hide Freight. 18 > 18 but still celebrating and anticipating a food surplus this turn.

Desert / River / Farmland > Plain which as farmland provides the 3 food i had anticipated.
Plain/River/Farmland > Grass/Shield which as anticipated provides 4 food. Added Bridge (and not Rail as yet).
8 turns of 20 towards 2nd Ice/River becoming Tundra.

12th Trade: Undemanded Hides to Hastings: 1006 / 2046. Great trade as is true with all the others, but surprisingly this falls far short of the maximum allowable bonus. City science is able to complete this tech, so the other Hide Freight will await next turn.

Bribed 25th None engineer for 280.

3 additional None Engineers (17th, 18th and 19th) board the ship to arrive in the capitol next turn. Before the Transport departs next turn, 3 additional Engineers will also board.

Summary of Diplomacy @ Mighty:

Gifted England a tech towards Machine Tools.
Sought gifts from all others: 25, 0, 25, 125, 75.

Treasury: 7893.

1730: Electronics > Miniaturization (2080). Hide Freight > Hide Freight (Disbanded cannon towards this). 18 > 19.

3 additional Engineers board the Ship towards the Capitol making it 6. Bribed a Cannon for 98 because it was blocking the railway and it too boards the ship and will be disbanded it towards another Hide at a better value than starting the Hide by rushing a barracks for 160 then switching to spy with 20 shields of 30, then Engineer, then Freight.

2nd Ice/River transforms to Tundra, then is bridged.

13th Trade: Undemanded Hides to Hastings: 1032 / 2080. City Science will complete current tech in 2 turns.

Gifted tech to:
Rome their tech in progress Electronics and England their tech in progress Machine Tools.
Sought Gold gifts from the 4 others and received: 0, 25, 100, 50.

Bribed a Dragoon @ 120 for disbanding purposes and a diplomat @ 84.

Treasury: 8689.

1740: Hide Freight > Hide Freight (Disbanded Rifleman towards this). 19 > 20.

Since i don't need a trade this turn to complete the current tech, will not drop 2 Hides to Northia this turn, but will await next turn and drop 3.

City work: Unrivered and roaded Ice > Tundra then > Desert, then Irrigated it.

Gifted Rome their tech in progress:
Tactics.
Requested gifts and received: 0, 0, 75, 25, 50.

Treasury: 8730.

1750: Miniaturization > Computers. Hide Freight > Hide Freight. 20 > 21.

City work: Roaded and irrigated Desert > Plain > Farmland > Grassland.

14th Trade: Undemanded Hides to Hastings: 1072 / 2112. City Science would complete current tech in 2 turns but i prefer it in 1, thus:
15th Trade: Undemanded Hides to Hastings: 1072 / 2112. Scientist assigned to complete tech and choose the next project.

No perceived benefit in gifting techs this turn and decided to trade maps with everybody in case this revealed a city that demands Hides. And it didn't. Hides continue to be undemanded throughout the known world.

Bribed units: Elephant 94 and Rifleman 116, both for disbanding purposes.

Treasury: 10,467.

To be continued...

One city game, 1752 AD > End.

1752:
Computers > Radio. Hide Caravan > Research Lab. 21 > 22.

Ship chain activity: 3 engineers and 3 disbandable military units set sail to the Capitol.

City work: Irrigated Grassland > Farmland. Completion of final two city roads on the last two ice squares. Ice/Road > Tundra.

16th Trade:
Undemanded Hides to Hastings: 1072 / 2345. With no other Freights available, city science will complete this in 2 turns requiring 637 per turn and able to provide at least 800 @ L 20 / S 80 with Research lab.

Still planning to build Darwin's at some point very soon, at the latest to complete Space Flight and the tech leading to it, possibly one tech before this which would be just after completing this current tech at which point Hides would allow the third tech (hopefully Space Flight if offered) to easily complete in one.

Summary of Diplomacy @ Supreme :

Tech gifting: Now @ supreme Key civ is Mongol which is about 15 techs behind me and which makes for much more expensive tech. Hides help considerably with this, but one hide towards a tech needs to be augmented with 2 turns of city science. Starting now will seek to gift the Mongol peoples as many techs as possible and this turn they accepted 1 before ending the dialogue.
Sought Gold gifts and received: Rome 0, Zulu 0, England 0, Spain 0,
Updated Maps: French (which had a low treasury).

Bribed units: Engineers 220, 208.

Treasury: 10,716.

1752 Summary (since i missed 1750): Colossus, Marco's, Lighthouse, Shakespeare's, Copernicus, Magellan's, Sir Isaac's, Leo's. Democracy, 1 city, size 22. Buildings: Harbor, Temple, Marketplace, Bank, Aqueduct, Sewer, Stock Exchange, Library, University, Factory, Supermarket, Power Plant. 66 techs. 16 trades. Units: 1 trade freight, 0 wonder freights (food), 28 engineers (27 are none and the other will be disbanded as soon as necessary for city growth), 10 Transports, 1 Frigate (none), 7 spies, (1 diplomat), 1 Explorer (none), 6 dragoons (none), 8 Riflemen (none). 2 mines, Lots of irrigation/refrigeration, innumerable roads roads, Full Trade Railroad from shore to several cities including Hastings, Treasury: 10,716.

1754: Research Lab > Hide Freight. 22 > 23.

Ship chain activity: Leadoff Transport is staying at home for now since no freights are needed this turn and we will await a 2nd before making the journey.

City work:

Tundra/road > Desert > irrigation > Plain > Farmland
Final Ice/road > Tundra.

I am very proud of this highly efficient crew : ).

Summary of Diplomacy @ XXX :

Tech gifting: England 1.
Sought Gold gifts and received: 0, 150, (French with 80 gold didn't ask), 0, 0.
Updated Maps: French.

Treasury: 10,754.

1756: Radio > Advanced Flight (2380) . Towards Space Flight. Hide Freight > Darwin's. Disbanded a Rifleman and 1520 gold fills 400 shields. 23 > 24. No food surplus and taking a short break from celebrating. S > 100% which is 1112 beakers.

Ship chain activity: 2 Hide Freights from Capitol > Port of Northia, both Freights of which will be held back from making a trade this turn due to the building of Darwin's. One Northian Engineer boards the ship to arrive in capitol next turn.

City work: Tundra/Road > Desert > irrigation. All 21 squares now have trade arrows.

A thought just occurred to me that all of the Engineer bribing in addition allowing for a trade road, trade railway, and vast and rapid improvements in the capitol, this tactic has also greatly hampered expansion by the foreign civs which will serve to make them less formidable in the space race. The largest AI civ is England with 10 cities and England is the civ from which i bribed the largest number of Engineers.

Tech gifting: Mongol 1, Zulu their tech in progress - Radio.
Sought Gold gifts and received: 0, 0, 0. (They are not feeling it : ) ).

Treasury: 9327.

1758: :wavey: Darwin's :wavey:> Hide Freight (and disbanded the last Supported Engineer towards this). Advanced Flight > Rocketry > Mobile Warfare (1112 / 2520). Space Flight not offered, nor was any tech towards Fusion Power. Only 4 poor options instead.

Ship chain activity: 1 Engineer and 1 Rifleman board Transport at the Northian dock and both units arrive in the Capitol.

City work:

Desert/Road/Irrigation > Plain > Farmland.
Tundra/River/Bridge > Desert > Plain > Irrigation >

17th Trade:
Undemanded Hides to size 8 Salamanca: 1200 / 2520. 208 City Science beakers will complete the tech this turn:
S 20 / L 20 / T 60.

Summary of Diplomacy @ Supreme:

Tech gifting: Key civ Mongols 1.
Sought Gold gifts and received: England (worshipful) 0. Other civs have deteriorating attitudes (Receptive) and i didn't bother seeking gifts, nor maps.

Treasury: 10,415.

1760: Mobile Warfare > Space Flight (2556). Hide Freight > Hide Freight. Celebration.

Ship chain activity: Delivered one Hide Freight to Northia.

City work:

Plain/River/Irrigation > Farmland > Grassland.
Plain/Road/Farmland > Grass/Shield > Rail.
Plain/Road/Farmland > Grass/Shield (6th grassland of 7 with only the Tundra city square remaining to be transformed).

18th Trade:
Undemanded Hides to Salamanca : 1200 / 2485. City Science XYZ.
19th Trade: Undemanded Hides to Hastings : 1190. 95 City science to complete Space Flight.

Tech gifting: Mobile Warfare to Romans, Spanish, English, Mongols.
Sought Gold gifts and received: Zulu 100, French 100.

Treasury: 13,183.

1762: Space Flight > Nuclear Fission. Hide Freight > Apollo. 24 > 25 (and sufficient food surplus to reach size 28 and size 29 upon a grasslanded city square).

Plan: No further tech giftings except to the Mongol Key civ, but with caution to keep them from Space Flight and other key launching techs.

Will project from here and I don't believe any foreign civ is in a position to compete.

:wavey: Apollo :wavey: in 1764.
24th part and launch in 1812
(disbanding a unit towards each one).
Landing in 1827.

Last edited:
Back to the unlimited city game, 920 AD > 1000 AD

920: Northia 22 becomes first size 13 city.
Built 51: Grass island 3 special. Built 52, 2nd tiny island just South of Northia and west of the other tiny island, 4 special site.
23rd Trade: Demanded Coal from size 12 STC Mtn 18 with 41 base trade to size 11 STC island 21 with base trade of 37: 835. 24th Trade: Demanded Spice from size 12 STC Forest 11 to size 1 Northia 48: 585.
25th Trade:
Demanded Spice from size 12 STC Forest 23 to size 1 Northia 49: 546.

940: Explosives (!)
> Physics. 15 Settlers > Engineers.

Cities built: 53, Northian near coastal grassland with shared Spice. 54, Northian grass/river. 55, Northian grass/river with silk, buffalo and shared wheat.
26th Trade: Demanded Silk from size 12 STC Forest 17 with 36 base trade to size 2 Northia 40 with 9 base trade: 549.
27th Trade:
Demanded Spice from size 12 STC Forest 16 with 40 base trade to size 1 Northia 55: 585.
28th Trade: Demanded Wine from size 12 STC Tundra 04 with 39 base trade to size 2 Northia 43 with 10 base trade: 550.

960: Physics > Magnetism (1677). Gifted Physics to those researching it. Alliance with Spain, but they refused to gift me gold.
29th Trade: Demanded Silk from size 11 STC Tundra 25 with 33 base trade to size 15 STC Northia 22 with 40 base trade: 1035.
30th Trade:
Demanded Gold from size 12 STC Forest 20 with 38 base trade to size 15 STC Northia 22 with 40 base trade: 957.

Cities built: 57, Northia Off-river Grassland with silk.
Treasury: 1365.

980: Magnetism (!) > Steam Engine ( Towards Rail-Darwin's/ Industrialization/Corporation. 38 Caravels > Galleons. Magnetism acts like another happiness wonder eliminating the penalty of having 38 Caravels in the water.

31st Trade: Demanded Beads from Size 14 STC Forest 24 with 45 base trade to size 2 Northia 40 with 9 base trade: 432.
32nd Trade: Demanded Copper from size 13 STC Hill 12 with 45 base trade to size 13 STC N. isle 21 with 43 base trade: 718.
33rd Trade: Demanded Silk from size 10 stc Swamp 26 with 33 base trade to size 5 Northia 36 with 17 base trade: 630.
34th Trade
: Undemanded Salt from size 13 STC Tundra 04 w/ 41 base trade to size 16 STC Northia 22 w/ 45 base trade: 384.
35th Trade:
Undemanded Gem from size 11 stc Forest 16 to size 16 STC Northia 22: 317.
36th Trade:
Undemanded Gem from size 12 stc Forest 11 to size 16 STC Northia 22: 347.
37th Trade:
Undemanded Gem from size 12 STC Tundra 13 to size 16 STC Northia 22: 369.
38th Trade:
Demanded Gold from size 13 STC Tundra 13 to size 16 STC Northia 22: 1107.
39th Trade:
Demanded Gold from size 13 STC Forest 17 to size 16 STC Northia 22: 960.
40th Trade:
Undemanded Gems from size 11 stc Forest 15 to size 16 STC Northia 22: 326.
41st Trade:
Demanded Spice from size 10 stc Swamp 26 to size 1 Northia 48: 501.
42nd Trade:
Demanded Silk from size 13 STC Hill 12 to size 1 Northia 48: 726.

12 total trades this turn. Note that the undemanded Gems and Salt were made (to the best possible city) due lacking or unreachable cities which demand these commodities and also in the hope of triggering the ability to build new trades in those cities.

Cities Built: 58: Northia grass/river with banana and irrigated wheat. 59: Northia grass/river. 60: Northia grass/river. 61, Northia Grassland with shared Wheat. 62: Northia grass/river w/ Whale and Silk. 63: Northia grass/river.

Mountain barrier Hut: 50 gold.

1000 AD: :wavey: Copernicus :wavey:. Built at this point due to having unlimited resources (so it is not in any way a sacrifice to build it) and with the idea that in the future i will be able to complete 2 techs per turn aided by this future SSC. Built in North island city 21 which has 15 ocean squares including a whale and also a silk, 2 grasslands, a plain and a future 2nd plain thru deforestation. This city will of course build Isaac's as well and will become size 23 before Refrigeration and 25 upon Farmland.

:wavey: Sun Tzu's :wavey:. Also built due to having unlimited resources and also it could become useful depending upon the course the game were to take.

Steam Engine > Railroad. Plan to build fill 400 shields for Darwin's next turn (the turn Railroad completes and the next tech is begun) in the hopes of emerging with Industrialization/Corporation and 50+ Freights the following turn (along with 39 Transports).

Mountain Barrier hut: None Crusader.

Cities Built: 64, Grass island with 2 whales and a fish. 65, Northia Grass/river with shared wheat. 66, Northia grass/river with wheat. 67, Northia plain with wheat. 68, Northia Coastal grassland with 2 whales.

43rd Trade: Demanded Wine from size 9 stc Swamp 14 to size 1 North island 52: 347.
44th Trade: Demanded Spice from size 9 Swamp 14 to size 1 Northia 58: 504.
45th Trade: Demanded Gold from size 12 Stc Hill 05 to size 17 STC Northia 22: 1200.

Saving several undemanded Salt trades which will go to size 17 Northia 22 for the next couple of turns in case they are needed to reach Corporation. Also saving 2 demanded Hide trades awaiting celebration growth of the now size 3 Northian city.

1000 AD Summary: Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse, Marco's, Michelangelo's, Magellan's, Leo's, Bach's, Copernicus, Sun Tzu's. Democracy, 68 cities, 51 Trade Caravans, 0 wonder caravans, 17 Engineers, 39 Galleons, 4 explorers, 3 diplomats, 7 crusader, 1 knight, 3 Muskets. Buildings: 35 harbors, 25 Aquaducts, 10 Sewers, 7 Courthouse, 3 Marketplaces, 1 Temple. No wonders in production. 45 Trades. 45 techs (and will emerge next turn with Railroad as the 46th). Income: 262 shields, 861 gold @ T 60 / L 40. Land improvements: 15 mines, 10 irrigation, 33 roads, 4 bridges. Treasury: 5802 gold before spending it down. City sizes (and the preponderance of the size 3's - 17's continue to celebrate): 1-17, 1-15, 4-14, 2-13, 8-12, 4-11, 3-10, 2-9, + misc. Population: 22.07 Million. Land area: 2,113,000 sq. mi.

Will end here, but if the game was to continue, Railroad would emerge next turn (in 1020), Darwin's would emerge in 1040, hopefully to bring Industrialization and Corporation along with it, but otherwise trades would continue to easily complete a tech each turn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom