Getting the city limits aspect to work

llamapower

Chieftain
Hey I'm currently running the 2.4 version of CiVUP and I've never gotten the city limits aspect of the mod to work. Nothing shows up when I'm just using a settler and when I hover or click on a city, random orange outlines appear on hexagons within my border.

Thank you!

It seems to work okay in my test games, though I don't use it regularly. Whatever it does, does it seem to be consistent, or is it unpredictable? Do you see any pattern? It's another mod author's work so I'm not familiar with the code.

So when I used it as a separate mod, it would put a blue perimeter around cities and settlers showing me where the city limits would eventually be. This first aspect of the mod doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Now it just puts an orange highlight around certain hexagons within my city perimeter when I hover my mouse over it, which I guess is what is being worked. It seems to be consistent with this thought I'll have to double check because it never occurred to me that it was because that's what it was highlighting.

I saw the blue perimeter in the past, but might have made a mistake when attempting to revert it to the original form. It's challenging to learn new code, but I'm committed to getting this working. :)

I'm fairly new to CivUP and GEM, and just found out about the options file... did you turn the city outlines on in options? I have not yet (I will when I start a new game), so I haven't seen these city limits, but the default is "0" in the options file.

FYI, the file is located in the mod folder for CivUp, and it's called Options.sql. There is a similar file but with different options in GEM.

Cheers, Eiger

After enabling it in the options file, the problem appears to be the code which shows tiles cities are working. Whenever we move the mouse somewhere other than a city tile, that code normally clears all tile highlights. I will need to change it so it detects if citylimits is active, and if so, run the citylimits code. I've put this on my todo list. :)

sounds good! will this change also enable the mod working with settlers as well (showing where their city borders would be?)

I haven't done that. I thought it was already enabled bc I didn't see anything in the readme about it. How do I activate it?

Top Bottom