Ghost Town mafia [Concluded]

I inherited Zack's medium ability out of the blue and never got around to using it, I simply didn't know what I was supposed to do.

There were a lot of restrictions, I had to name a dead person and ask them a Y/N question, etc. and I knew by that time that at least one mafioso had been killed, but we didn't even know how many factions there were due to the no reveals rule.

And I've been blocking Sprig for the last three nights :sad:

yeah, that was hilarious :)

together with Newyn's strategy of no kill

We pretty much all thought that sprig was the last mafia by the end. Damn it, Newyn!

BTW, Jarrema, you linked to the Mafia QT twice. :p

We pretty much all thought that sprig was the last mafia by the end. Damn it, Newyn!

oops and I closed ghost qt.
can you post link to it?

There were a lot of restrictions, I had to name a dead person and ask them a Y/N question, etc. and I knew by that time that at least one mafioso had been killed, but we didn't even know how many factions there were due to the no reveals rule.

No, really? I was "She who dances for me" and got killed before I could contact choxorn, who got 1 ep from us same night! No worries because I took it back as ghost! :lol:

Pretty much just standard mafia play from me - look like I'm contributing early to avoid too much suspicion and it was simple enough to go with no kills at the end to steer the votes to the inactives. Figured there was a kill outside my control that would get me to the ideal 4 person last day situation while sticking to my plan and if that kill targetted me, we lose anyways.

The lack of alignment reveals and powers to start in a small game like this really does hurt the town though and the inactivity towards the end didn't help.

I'm not sure about powers, but games with no alignment reveals just suck for the town.

The lack of alignment reveals and powers to start in a small game like this really does hurt the town though and the inactivity towards the end didn't help.

I'm not sure about powers, but games with no alignment reveals just suck for the town.

the inactivity among ghosts didnt help. There were 3 ghost capable of scanning alignment of killed players, one of them was there from night 2!
If all these ghosts were active, town could know alignment of every or almost every killed player.
It was planned not to be a game totally without reveal, but rather as a game with "delayed reveal". It doesnt work unfortunately.

The best (or worse ) thing is, that third party player (Samsniped) was scanned as evil by KingMorgan as night 3... and no one else ever learned about it, and no one ever did anything against him... I think that with active ghost at the town side, game would be much harder for Samsniped and mafia.

intraghost relations was not the best

low activity generally hurts (myself included in low activity group, missed some night orders)

I must admit, that low activity of players (mostly living ones) during first half of game sapped some of my interest to host this game. And, after not so bad beginnings (I think) on my part, I almost gave up with writings.

Here are some behind-the-curtain mechanics:

Ghost mechanics:
2. Energy. Every ghost has a pool of energy. Every ghost starts with 8-15 energy points (EP). If the ghost was at his full health before lynch/killing blow, he will get 13-15 energy points.
3. Energy can be recovered by few different methods:
a. Living being can sacrifice 1HP (or more) as a night action, to give a ghost 2-3-4 (depending on circumstances) EP.
2 – any person for any ghost. 3 – any person for ghost associated with him or with item in his possession OR medium for any ghost. 4 – medium for ghost associated with him or with item in his possession
b. ghosts can attack other ghosts. That costs them 4 EP. Attacker steals half of energy of their victim (rounded down, minimum 1 point). Evil ghosts found it easier (attacking costs them less)
c. Mediums will start the game with items that gives one ghost one EP per day. They cannot use those items the same night that they do anything else (e.g. communicate with ghosts or conduct mafia kill); they can give that item away, so someone else uses it
d. Feasting on the sacrifice as a night action, ghost can gain 0-4 EP feasting on the lynch victim(s) blood. The more ghosts try to do it, the less their will gain. Healthy body will give 10 points to be spread among feasting ghosts (but no more than 4 per ghost). Fractions are rounded down. E. g. if 6 ghosts decided to feast on a lynch victim who had 5 HP before lynch, they will gain nothing
4. Energy is spent on:
a. Existing: each day, ghost loses 1 EP. When his EP = 0, he ceases to exists.
b. Communicating with living (communicating is NOT counted as a night action):
i. With medium (only medium can initiate it). After medium asked ghost for something, ghost can communicate with medium on following night. Cost: one EP per one word. Game host have to accept the message and he will re-sent it; recipient will know who sent it.
ii. Item-bounded ghost can communicate with person holding his item. Cost: one EP per 4 words. Game host have to accept the message and he will re-sent it; recipient will not know who sent it (unless he will be told, but you can lie to him).
iii. Person-bounded ghost can communicate with 4 (or less) persons he is associated with (if they are still alive). He can communicate with 1 person per night. Cost: two EP per 5 words. Game host have to accept the message and he will re-sent it; recipient will not know who sent it (unless he will be told, but you can lie to him).
c. Using “ghost abilities”. Each ghost will get 1 or 2 abilities, chosen at random (with higher chance for abilities that no-one has):
i. Track living player. Cost: 1 EP
ii. Watch living player. Cost: 1 EP
iii. Haunt (roleblock). Cost: 2 EP
iv. Protect living player. Cost: 1 EP, + 2 EP if protection was needed. Protection will halve the damage done to the protected player
v. Attack living player. Cost: 1 EP plus 1 EP per 1 HP of damage your attack should cause (e.g. if you want to attack for 6 points of damage, it will cost you 7 EP)
vi. Scan energy signature of other ghost: Can be used on any ghost. That is the only method in the game to determine someone’s alignment. Cost: 1 EP

When person dies, type of ghost he will become is determined (randomly, with weighted chances):
1. Item-bounded ghost. Can use his abilities only on person having item associated with him, and communicate only with this person. Mediums will always become item-bounded ghost (bounded to their starting items)
2. Person-bounded ghost (at the beginning of game, two “circles” of players are determined at random. Person-based ghost will be “associated” with four (or less, if given player is “close” on both circles) players closest to them on this circles. Can use his ability only on people associated with him. Can communicate only with people associated with him.
3. “Free” ghost. Will get only one ability, but can use it on any one. Can communicate ONLY with mediums (when they start the communication). First innocent killed will become “free” ghost with special abilities and agenda.

Medium (Riedquat, BSmith, Zack/Takhisis)
Spoiler :
You can ask up to 3 ghosts one question per night. Answering for question (yes or no) is a free action for a ghost. Please, do it by sending me the question. Do not pm dead players directly.
OR, if you sacrifice night action (so, no other questions or activities) and 1 HP, one ghost can answer your question with one word (any).
If you contact a ghost, he will be informed who did it (but not your faction or other details) would be able to contact you back, but for a cost.
You also start the game with one item – spirit-bound tablet, psychoenergetic amulet, ectoplasm charger. That item can be used to give one ghost one Energy Point (ghosts use EP for existing, and for performing actions), or it can be used to take away one EP from ghost, in order to get rid of him faster. You cannot use this item at the same night you do anything else that counts as an action. You can give that item away, so someone else can use it.
As for ghosts… You know that there are different types of them. Some are associated with objects, others with persons… others have no such anchors in living world, yet still can communicate with it. You know that ghosts need living force for existing. You (or other player who knows what he is doing) can sacrifice some of your health in order to ‘feed’ a ghost. They also can obtain this energy by other means, including feasting on lynch victims.

Unfortunately, only BSmith used his medium abilities effectively

Parasitic ghost (SamSniped).
Spoiler :
First innocent killed will become parasitic ghost. Victory condition: exist until end of the game. Special abilities: you can attack another ghost at night, paying only 2 EP for this action. Every time you gain EP from attacking other ghost, you get one additional EP. You can attack another ghost or feast and use one of your powers at the same night.
SamSniped also had Kill and Protect abilities as his ghostly powers.

I hoped that he will be one of the earliest scan targets - and he was. And I hoped that everyone will know that he is evil, and therefore his existence would be permanently endangered. That was not the case, due to KingMorgan dissapearance (right after getting scan result on SamSniped)

There were 3 mafia players. After early death of Riedquat (only mafia medium), and due to very low activity of Celticempire, I was affraid mafia will lose.
Also, living mafia members did not understood (Riedquat tried to communicate it) that Riedquat could read mafia qt all the time and that it could foster communication with him.
But, due to Newyn's strategy, and to Edse's blocks on Sprig, mafia managed to win the game.

I want to note, that most abilities of town-aligned ghosts did almost nothing for town. Scanning, tracking and watching did not bring important info, protecting was not used at all

I never received a response to my scan, only a communication request from BSmith. I forgot all about it as I went on holiday and then lurked about not posting.

And I've been blocking Sprig for the last three nights :sad:

:lol: I wouldn't have even known.

Dear oh dear. I really had no interest in playing but signed up because of the kind invitation. So i just simply forgot this was going on (multiple times. Usually every weekend.) Being mostly inactive just made me look guilty while actually just being inactive. But you guys should have known better.

I tried (halfheartedly) to bait mafia into killing me. Figured I would have been able to contribute more being dead.

Top Bottom