GiantGuineaPig's 2nd Pitboss game!

Anyone HELP!!!

I seem to be stuck between Wing Wah and PMB, and I don't like it. :sad:

I have lost one city and have tanks, gunships and marines rolling in on the next :cry:

Why, Why are you sooo evil Wing Wah. Why do you fight so hard to rule the world (tic). You could of won by space race or diplomatic means. You know peacefully!!

I will fight to the bitter end, however I doubt I will see much of the 18th century :sad:

1765 AD:
DanDRidge plays turn
I login, bomb Dan's oil, repair my own
DanDRidge logs in, sabotages my oil (from Event log), repairs his own

1770 AD:
My oil units don't get built because my oil is sabotaged, but Dan can continue to build his (I assume).

Someone tell me if this isn't double moving? I don't want to wait to the last minute of 1770 AD to make my turn just to stop Dan from doing extra oil related moves after I've played mine. For other things I'd normally say it's OK, but this has a direct effect on our war, so it's kind of the same as double-moving units.

In this case the advantage is Dan's since he can continue building oil units, while I can't, unless I login after Dan and repair my oil before the turn ticks over - not that I have the workers to repair oil (on ice!) twice in 1 turn.

I understand the alternative would be to my advantage, since I play after Dan in our little war. Effectively giving me the chance to repair any sabotage, and bomb and resources, denying their use during the next build cycle.

I guess the question is, do people think the 'normal' double move rule applies to sabotage and pillaging? It definitely gives an advantage to the player who moves last during a war, but the alternative is a race to see who gets to login last, and who has the most resources to sabotage/repair resources.

PS sorry for the long post.

PPS kudos to DribNairb for watching in-game while I destroyed Lyons' defenders, all the while having a huge stack just outside the city to reinforce it. I didn't take the city that turn (damn gunships), but that was fairly played.

I believe the phrase is

"All is fair in love and war"

I think double moving is a legit strategy no matter what you do. There are pros and cons to it. Some people think having the last turn is the best thing to have, some think the first. Either way they see it they win one and lose one.

Sure. But the reason why I like PTBS games is they omit the 'reaction time' factor (when no double moving is enforced). Anyway I've had my say, I'm content to play on as is.

While I'm here, can we have Open Borders GenSeed?

1765 AD:
I understand the alternative would be to my advantage, since I play after Dan in our little war. Effectively giving me the chance to repair any sabotage, and bomb and resources, denying their use during the next build cycle.

I guess the question is, do people think the 'normal' double move rule applies to sabotage and pillaging? It definitely gives an advantage to the player who moves last during a war, but the alternative is a race to see who gets to login last, and who has the most resources to sabotage/repair resources.

Yeah, this is an unavoidable problem. It's just impossible to accept any double moving rules regarding pillaging. The one who moves last always gets the advantage. There can't be any artificial rules, who is allowed to pillage and repair first and who last. If I would always let Wing do his pillaging last, I could never have Oil. And same the same is true for Wing. Maybe only solution would be that pilaging wasn't allowed at all. But that would be a very restictive rule.

Wing Wah: I have to take my turn as I won't be home until like 14 hours later... only troops movement for me and therefore should not make a difference...

It's OK, most of them were ambushed in the field anyway ;) So I assume I was the one supposed to go first in each turn? If I go first next turn though then I will have DM'ed. I'm alright with 'setting' the first move to the last turn , i.e. when you moved first.

Heya,

My HDD has taken a turn for the worst and so I won't be able to play Civ for a while. Not sure exactly how long, but it's probably best to just switch me to AI. Or it can just go the 5 days and hit itself.

It's been a great first pitboss game and it's cool to have a few of you in my MSN list. Diplomacy in this setting is just soooooooooooo cool.

Congrats to PMB and his newborn daughter Adriana. :king:

I'll keep an eye on the events as they unfold, so don't be shy to post reports in this thread! Good luck everyone!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Crazy pillaging there (1904 AD). I log in and repair my pillaged Oil well. Wing logs in and bombs it. I log in and repair it again. Wing logs in and bombs it again. A bit frustrating to try to get Oil. :crazyeye:

BTW isn't it true that the one who's moving his units last during the turn always gets 2 'moves' for his SAM Infantry and Fighters? First during the enemy moves they intercept aircraft and after that they can be used for bombing/attacking. On the other hand the one who's moving units first during the turn can only use SAM and fighters for either purpose, but not for both defending and attacking?

Yeah.

As for units that can intercept aircraft, if they've done a done a successful intercept then you can't move them again. But yes, I've found during this game (I don't play single player much) that I can use fighters to bomb and strike every turn, and set them to intercept afterwards so that they can do their intercepting during the turn changeover :) It's the same whether you move first or last; just use your fighters, then set them to intercept. I think it'll work for you too.

Do you really mean that you haven't been able to bomb with your fighters or attack with your SAMs when they have intercepted my bombing attempt?

I know they can't intercept twice, but I thought they can first do their intercept work during my log in and then you can also bomb with them and after that set them to intercept mode again ready for the next turn.

Do you really mean that you haven't been able to bomb with your fighters or attack with your SAMs when they have intercepted my bombing attempt?

I know they can't intercept twice, but I thought they can first do their intercept work during my log in and then you can also bomb with them and after that set them to intercept mode again ready for the next turn.

That's right, if they've intercepted at some point during the round (i.e. your turn) I can't use them later in the round (my turn). Also, I may have more fighters than you think ;)

Ok, thanks, that's good news to know. I didn't actually ask it just for this ongoing game in mind.

In this game it's of course clear that you have endless flow of units.

Top Bottom