Give bad advice

874. Believe you know everything about civ because you read all the threads in the forum.
875. Believe you know everything about civ because you don't read the forums.

Did this one last night. :sad:

873. Click "Wake All" on a sleeping stack of naval units and just start thoughtlessly hitting "B" (bombard) and clicking on a city you want bombarded. Make sure that stack of naval units contains a sub with a tac nuke in it. Also, make sure you have a stack of 20+ mod.armor and mech inf, as well as a 15-of-20 hp mod.armor army parked next to the city you are bombarding.

:lol::lol::lol:

876. In a 100k game... try to build all the ancient wonders instead of settlers, because you know they produce good culture and they'll double in cultural value eventually.

I'm sure its on the list but, here goes: Stay in despotism, theres no WW and you get great unit support.

879. All those swordsmen you built shouldn't be used in ancient times, use 'em vs. all those enemy MI's
880.who needs cites? just dispand your starting settler

881. Money is important, so set your capital to "Wealth" for the whole game.
882. Workers and settlers are militarily the strongest units in the game. Use them to attack enemies and defend cities.

(maybe they were posted before...)

888. Avoid building roads on tiles with tobacco. Sooner or later your citizens will become smokers and die of cancer. Your hospitals will also require much higher maintenance in order to treat diseases related to smoking.

999. If you see a tile with tobacco in your opponents' territory, sign right of passage and move your workers there to road the tile. His empire will be hurt by smoking citizens, and you'll be able to conquer his land more easily.

1000. Load settlers and workers onto galleys or caravels and use them to attack enemy ships, the extra manpower onboard will give you the edge even over stronger vessels.

1000. Load settlers and workers onto galleys or caravels and use them to attack enemy ships, the extra manpower onboard will give you the edge even over stronger vessels.

I'll just assume that you were educated in a government school.

I can remember when there were a lot more numbers between 888 and 1,000. :old:

We are at number 885 at most, and I'm pretty sure there are more than a few duplicates which would lower the actual number even further.

Ancient era units (Warriors, Archers, Spearmen) are the best units in the game. Never upgrade them.

1,000,000. Build wonders in towns with only one blue shield per turn. Don't worry about production, rush the wonders with caravans.

1,000,000. Build wonders in towns with only one blue shield per turn. Don't worry about production, rush the wonders with caravans.

Yah know... I kind of miss those caravans. Well, not the part where they got dead 2 tiles from the AI civs but the hoarding shields to rush a wonder. :lol:

I think those caravans kind of exploitative really. Even at the hardest levels you could really build so many wonders and have a decent sized empire, that if those wonders had culture like they do in civ III you would easily trigger a 20k victory... once you figured out how to use them (or at least with smallpox city spacing you could).

3.141592653589793238462643... Mathematics is useless, better to research toward monarchy to get the Gardens and be happy. How better to utilize those mari.. urm.. "tobacco" tiles?

What, they didn't use any math to create the pyramids?? mmhmm thats what I thought

ooh, got another great one...

x+1) Attack a jaguar warrior with a horseman and lose, then wonder how the aztecs are able to spawn a new spearman (and an archer from the next city over) on every turn in their capital city...

2.718281828459045 Always play as the French or The Carthaginians, and always research Writing first.

Top Bottom