GMR: A Change Of Seasons

Guess I better do like Harold Bluetooth does once in awhile and put my helmet on!

BTW I just learned his nickname may have come from a custom of filing lines or designs in front teeth and filling them with pigmented material like a tatoo

I restarted the game, this time with no DLC. Hope it works for everybody!

So if SomeoneLikeHim as host, turns off all DLC, then how are Ethiopia, Maya, and Spain showing?

Hi SomeoneLikeHim, I've just reverted my game turn to CB. I posted an explanation of why I did this on the GMR website. Just to repeat, I've reverted the turn because the game file seems to be corrupted. Each time I load the game file, Civilization 5 crashes on me. I am successfully playing in four other GMR games at the moment and I have all the DLC and I have a new computer with fast specs so I doubt that these crashes have been caused by my computer. I think that the most likely explanation is that the game file is corrupted.

However, after I reverted my turn, I then came across the comments from you and Crustacian that I've quoted above. Could the explanation for the game file crashing on me be that the DLC has been disabled? I am playing as Spain, which is a DLC civilization.

Of course, the Mayan civilization is also a DLC and CB was able to load the game file on his turn and then upload the saved game to GMR. So maybe the cause of the crashes that I've experienced is simply due to corruption of the game file during CB's turn and not related to the disabling of the DLC?

Spain is included in G&K so that shouldn't be a problem. Have you tried manually downloading the save from the GMR website? I had a problem like this in another game.

Thanks CB for taking your turn again. This time when I loaded the game file it didn't crash on me. I've successfully taken my turn :)

Have you tried manually downloading the save from the GMR website?

Sometimes you have to load a single-player game first to clear the load buffer or something.

Thanks for your suggestions. If the problem occurs again then I will try these ideas.

Glad it worked out :) Let's hope it works for sdunlap this time...

It worked! Turn is in.

For GMR, how do turns work...are they in an order or free for all?

We take turns in a specific order, just like in a hotseat game :)

Turn 1 complete!

Hoping to live a settled life at this Pan gee ah.

We Chinese Folk feel at home here so we lay our burdens down and appoint Wistful Wu to lead us on THE PATH because: "the flowers bloomed in her presence" at this place.

~ most humble chronicler Crus tee.

Greetings to my (very) close neighbor France!

They may be "late bloomers" as to the location on DNA enabling speech.
These are ancient times...

What happened to sdunlap? If he continues like this we'll have to replace him.

Ok, then we are now officially looking for a new player. Anybody know how to change the thread title?

hit the # in the upper right on the red line across from date and in that screen hit edit

That just edits the title of my post. I wanna edit the title of the whole thread.

I just wanted to let people know that we're looking for a new player. Maybe i shouldn't be changing the thread title around that much. On another forum I'm on we do it freely.

Top Bottom